Questions:

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie?

Re: All group check in 6/24

• EDD/Weeks + Days: 21+1, 11/3

Baby is the size of a(n): endive, apparently

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: not until July 11 for a regular OB checkup

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): not good, honestly.. but basically the same as other weeks. Tired, crampy, emotional. just in general having a tough time imagining doing this for the next 19 or 20 weeks. 

Rants/Raves: Eh, kinda said it above and in randoms, but it was a tough weekend. I'm doing some online retail therapy this morning before I start trying to check things off the to-do list.

Questions: not right now

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? Hmm, this is a tough one. I guess overall favorite is the Pride and Prejudice BBC miniseries, but obviously thats a huge time investment and I can't watch it when MH is around, haha. I'm a big Harry Potter fan so I like those later movies as well. I'm also pretty into horror movies, for  older horror movies the Omen. In terms of current horror has anyone seen Terrifier? This is my hands down favorite more recent horror movie. 

@mc0303 I'm sorry you're still getting sick! 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov 18/ 19 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Guinea pig 😂

FTM/STM/TTM+: 6TM 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: none right now. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): no cravings. I have had heart burn and my feet swelled on the plane yesterday. 

Rants/Raves: we finally made it to Alaska yesterday. What's funny is that Alaska is warmer than Minnesota. My youngest screamed on the plane most of the time. Everyone in first class with us weren't bothered. Mostly because everyone had headphones in watching movies. The people behind us who werent in first class were not as understanding. 🙄 She finally passed out and I wasn't about to make any sudden movements which is why my feet likely got so swollen. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? You've got mail. It is a classic and I love the love story. 
  • @mc0303 I love Titanic, too! No judgement.

@creamcheeseplease it sounds like you had a tough weekend, I'm sorry. What kinds of things are you buying?? 

EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov. 10/ 20w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍌

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out this week!! 🤗

Upcoming Appointments: ultrasound tomorrow (at 6:30 AM 😫) and then doctor on July 4, midwife on July 10.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): I feel good! My husband made homemade pizza this weekend (usually I love it!) And I only ate 1 piece before I just didn't want pizza anymore. It made me so sad!

Rants/Raves: BabyGap has 40% off everything AND a new line of Star Wars things..💸💸 Also a quick rant: my city only has 2 baby stores - Babies R Us and West Coast Kids ($$$).  WCK prices are super steep, but trying to find anyone at BRU Who knows anything about anything is next to impossible! All I do is research these days! I won't lie, I go to WCK to learn things from salespeople and then go to BRU to find similar features for less 😬

Questions: No questions, but thanks everyone for their suggestions for swollen ankles (the upside down garbage can was 👍)! I only had them once last week, and that was after a big day of walking!

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? It depends on my mood! John Hughes movies are my guilty pleasure (I know they're problematic, but they're just so good!). I love Forrest Gump on a rainy day, and Up is my favourite kid's movie.

• @mc0303 I'm sorry you're still so sick. That sounds awful. Enjoy your short work week. 

@creamcheeseplease I'm also a huge HP fan. My favorite HP movie is the Half Blood Prince. 
  • kj17-2kj17-2 member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 19 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: July 1 for AS and 20-week appointment

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Almost no symptoms, just a little tired. I started to feel flutters regularly last week, but then they calmed down over the weekend, which of course made me nervous. I used my doppler to hear baby's heartbeat to put me at ease. I'm excited for our AS so I can see how she's doing!

Rants/Raves: I am slowly starting to wear maternity clothes. It is so much more comfy for work but I don't fill out most of my shirts, so I just look baggy. 

Also, MH and I went to Buy Buy Baby this weekend to look at nursery bedding sets for fun, and we didn't like anything! All the girl sets are really pink and ruffly. I'm not against pink altogether, but why aren't there more options in other colors?

Questions: What are the essentials we need to buy for the second baby? I started to make a list. We'll need nursery furniture and crib, I want a new diaper bag that's backpack-style, probably get some new bottles. Can everything else be reused from our first, or are there any specific things we should buy new?

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? Mean Girls. I am a huge Tina Fey fan, and I've loved the movie since I first saw it in high school. I watch it multiple times a year, and it still makes me laugh.
  • gumby22cgumby22c member
    edited June 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 19w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): gameboy 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink!

Upcoming Appointments: 7/3 for anatomy scan 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): good. RLP is my  biggest complain right now.

Rants/Raves: I passed my 3 HR GTT by some stroke of a miracle! I'm shocked, but also so happy to not have to stress over my sugar numbers for now.

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? I love Fools Gold, the Harry Potter series, Robin Hood Men in Tights. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kj17-2 - For the second baby things I bought new were pacifiers and some new teether toys.  A backpack diaper bag was my new lifeline but it took 3 of them to figure out what worked best for us.  Also, I got a new baby carrier because I hated my first one and never used it because it hurt my back and in the beginning especially that was one of the only ways to calm my 2nd while still being able to chase my 1st.

@emeraldcity1214 - I LOVE You've Got Mail.  Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan.  Love them.

@mc0303 - That sucks you are still feeling sick.  Hopefully you get a reprieve soon.

@creamcheeseplease - I love the P&P story, I'll have to check out the miniseries.  I just finished watching the modern take with the Lizzie Bennett Diaries.  It took some getting used to because I am so used to the more classical take but by the end I was hooked.

EDD/Weeks + Days:  Nov 8th / 20w + 3 d

Baby is the size of a(n): Bell Pepper (Feels bigger)

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3rd time mom

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Baby Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my AS this morning and my checkup Wednesday

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Great - Moody and fatigued but honestly no other real complaints.  Although I would eat chicken teriyaki literally everyday if I could

Rants/Raves: I leave for Disney in a week on a girls trip without the kids.  WOOOHOOO

Questions: Does anyone know about getting hair highlighted while pregnant?

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? Pride and Prejudice (the new version)
  • @kj17-2 I hate the bedding options they have at the stores. I usually find fabric I love from the fabric store and make my own. As for new stuff, I usually end up buying new swaddles because my baby hates the ones my last baby loved. I would wait on that until you see what your baby actually tolerates. I always buy some new clothes. Other than that, I really don't buy new gear. I have everything I need from the baby before. I actually used less last time than the times before. I'm going to buy some big things for this baby though. He is my rainbow so I'm not holding back. 

@gumby22c Yay! I'm so glad you passed! 

@Dancer688 have fun at Disney! Also, a kid free trip sounds amazing! 
  • mc0303mc0303 member
    @kj17-2 I feel you on the bedding options. We also did a Buy Buy Baby pass through and was bummed by the options. I really hate that everything seems to come in either pink or blue. Like you, I wanted some more fun colors. I also didn't like any of the crib options...they were so massive and chunky. I want something a little sleeker and more modern than what they offer. 

@emeraldcity1214 yay for making it to Alaska! What are you plans while waiting for all your things? 

@gumby22c So happy you passed the 3 hr test! No more stress about it :) 

@Dancer688 Have fun on your girls trip!! 

• @Dancer688 Have a great time on your girls trip! My OB said hair highlighting was absolutely fine. I haven't seen the Lizzie Bennett diaries, but I'll definitely look it up!

@kj17-2 I think the only things we're getting new are new pacis and bottles/breastfeeding gear, and I bought new pack n play sheets over the weekend since we'll need extras for this baby to go to daycare with. The blankets, toys, etc are all fine from my son since he's only 2. 

@gumby22c I completely forgot about Robin Hood men in tights!! I have to find that this week. Congrats on passing the 3 hr GTT!

@alaluap wow that is an early u/s! I kind of wish my doctor had appointments early (although maybe not that early, haha!) I ordered a couple maternity dresses for me, some exercise resistance bands, and water shoes for DS... a random assortment of things, haha, but it made me feel better.
  • KurtniKurtni member
    @kj17-2 I had the same experience with movement. I started feeling it for a week, then nothing for a week. Glad the doppler gave you some reassurance. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 20 weeks today 

Baby is the size of a(n): banana 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out Thursday morning! 

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan and 20 week appt Thursday 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms):  very tired, still.  I’ve been waiting for my energy to come back but I think this may just be my normal being pregnant with a rambunctious toddler. 

Rants/Raves: none

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie?Hmm, DH and I are movie junkies. I would say Goodfellas is my favorite. Also love Titanic (two extremes, I know 😅)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kj17-2 check out Crate Kids, Spearmint Love and Pottery Barn kids for bedding, they have a few tamer options and I loved the quality.  Ours from PBK lasted two years before showing any major wear.  I found these and I’m obsessed, especially since they are muted colors and aren’t in your face pink and ruffles:  https://www.theminiscout.com/product/garden-floral-crib-sheet/
    I’m going girly with some floral since I’ve been living in a sea of blue, grey and white for three years with my son, but I’m not a huge pink fan either.

@creamcheeseplease shop away!  I just read ransoms, but I had a crappy weekend last weekend for some of the same reasons, I get it.  He was a rockstar this weekend though, I think I made him feel bad and finally got through to him for once 🙃

@Emeraldcity1214 I’m glad that plane ride is over, that’s my biggest fear with traveling with my son.  Have fun exploring AK this week!  

EDD/Weeks + Days: 17w 4d, 11/28

Baby is the size of a(n): chipmunk

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: just got home from a routine appt. with my midwife and I have the anatomy scan next Monday morning.  

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): finally not nauseous all the time 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 My midwife confirmed it is SPD pain I’m feeling, so that’s fun.  I’ll be making an appt with chiropractor this week to hopefully get some relief!  I want to start going again to minimize the risk of having a breech baby again anyways, so this just gives me the extra push to actually schedule something.  

Rants/Raves: I can feel baby move from the outside now and I’m so excited!

Questions: None

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? I’ve always liked Serendipity, but just watched Ghost (circa 1990, I’m a little late to the party) this weekend and it was so good!  
  • @mc0303 I am just going to try to clean as much as I can and keep the kids busy with parks. I may go join a gym and take the kids to the daycare while I swim some laps. 

• edited June 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/6 20+6

Baby is the size of a(n): banana 🍌

FTM/STM/TTM+: first timer

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: She's a little lady. 🌷

Upcoming Appointments: 7/12 for regular check-up

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): none really, I do feel like I'm starting to pee more

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant-I feel super silly but I am admittedly having some weird body image stuff come up as I'm starting to show more. It's weird for me getting regular comments and scrutiny about how my body is looking even though I know people mean well. In certain outfits I feel cute but in others I just feel frumpy and weird. 

Rave-We just got back from Scotland and it was AMAZING!!! (Pic from one of my favorite places below.)

Questions: What's your favorite baby clothes place? I'm trying really hard not to get sucked into the cute ads with super overpriced stuff.

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? This is a tough one! Like several others, I'm a big HP fan (Goblet of Fire is probably my fav). In terms of one I've watched over and over, I would say Almost Famous. I just love that movie and when I was younger I bought a coat like the one Kate Hudson wears in it.

• @runningfortwo81 that looks gorgeous!  My husband’s cousin went two years ago for the first time and they’ve gone back twice since then.  They love it!  It’s definitely on my travel list when my babies are older.  
  • @runningfortwo81 - UGH all the comments on my body.  My least favorite is such a well meaning comment but I hate it.  The People who say, 'You don't even look pregnant' UM so you are saying I just look fat?!?

• cl4157cl4157 member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: Nov 14 19+5

Baby is the size of a(n):banana? Mango?

FTM/STM/TTM+: ftm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: it’s a girl!

Upcoming Appointments: regular check up July 11 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): 
    ive been flying a lot. Nothing more than 2-3 hours but it has taken its toll on me. I get so swollen and nothing seems to prevent it. I haven’t even gained much weight (about 5 lbs) and I swell when I walk or stand too long as well. So pretty much just need to be feet up all the time and I’m only 20w.

Rants/Raves: A little salty (heh) about the swelling. Rave: we need to buy a new car (my husband has a pickup truck without a proper back seat). I love car shopping in general so I’m pretty excited for this!

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? I don’t have a single favorite. My hubs and I have been trying to catch up on older classics lately and I’ve been enjoying that experience a lot. 
  • kj17-2kj17-2 member
    @runningfortwo81 Your trip sounds amazing! That pic is gorgeous. For clothes, I usually shop at Carter's. It's good for basic onesies, leggings, etc. and shipping is quick, unlike other online stores. They always have sales.

Thanks everyone for the advice on what I need for Baby #2! Any thoughts on a double stroller? DD will be 2.5 when baby is born, and we are pretty active. Is it more convenient to wear baby, and let my toddler use her current stroller? Or should I look into the double?
  • @kj17-2 - I didn't buy the double stroller.  My first was 2 when we had baby #2.  I would typically use my baby stroller and either hold #1s hand or pick her up a lot of the time if we were running errands or wear #2 and push #1 when we went for walks or playgrounds.
  • @runningfortwo81 that picture from Scotland is just absolutely gorgeous! So glad you had a good time!! I second @kj17-2 suggestion for Carter's clothing. It's good quality, the most true to size IMO, and pretty reasonable. They have great mix and match type sets and there is a great selection. Most of the clothing I kept from my son were Carter's and GAP.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: due date was moved up a week, now 11/22 so I'm at 18 weeks|4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke, cucumber

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM (plus adult step-daughters)

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: We found out a few weeks ago we're expecting baby brother! Team Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: Had a quick check with my dock last week and baby brother was feisty (it took forever to find his little heartbeat), but everything checked out just fine. I've been off track with my appointments due to my work travel and doc's vacation, so to get back on track I'll head back in next week. Then our Level II Ultrasound on July 9th. 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Pretty good, actually. I'm starting to get RLP on my left side. I also get out of breath quickly, have some insomnia here and there and had a terrible migraine last week Sunday/Monday. I'm finding it tougher to fall back asleep when my toddler wakes up MOTN, so that makes it tough. I really can't complain, though, so many people have it so much worse. 

Rants/Raves: My doctor is amazing. I mentioned to her that I had the worst headache I've ever experienced and she called in an Rx for migraine meds in the event I get another one. I'm hesitant to take meds in general, and she knows this, so she basically convinced me that if I get another one, it's not going to be during the week and convenient to reach her so I need to just have it in my possession as a precaution. She's totally right, and it's just awesome to feel like you're being listened to and have your best interests in mind. That wasn't necessarily the case with the high-risk clinic I was with during my pregnancy with my daughter 2 years ago. 

Rave #2: My BFF from work told me this morning that she's pregnant too (she's 5 weeks today, so really early). Our maternity leave will overlap for 6 weeks, so maybe we can have lunch once or twice with our little babes while we're both out <3

Questions: No real questions over here...just chugging along!

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? Mary Poppins, I've loved it since I was a girl!
  • blg116blg116 member
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 
    11/15 19+5

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Mango

FTM/STM/TTM+: 
    FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 
    Blueeeee

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Check up on the 5th, anatomy scan FINALLY on the 11th

Super irritable and just generally uncomfortable.

Rants/Raves: 
    We went do San Francisco for the weekend, it was so much fun! Except now I'm making up for it at work, I didn't have time to cover the Monday I took off so now I'm working 10s to make up my 40 hours. 

Questions:
    Nothing right now. 

Oh man, such a hard decision... Fried Green Tomatoes, A Time to Kill, Stand by Me, the HP series (though they do not compare to the books at all), Malibus Most Wanted
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/7 / 20+6

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife check up on Friday

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): Aside from lots of Braxton Hicks, I've been feeling pretty great lately. 

Rants/Raves: We survived HFM! It was the week from hell, but DD seems so much better now. 

Questions: Nothing right now. 

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? I'm torn between Goodfellas and The Departed. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: November 21st 19w+0

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Pink

Upcoming Appointments: I have my Anatomy scan today at 2:30 

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): i’m feeling pretty good finally getting lots of energy.

Rants/Raves:  wish I could sleep better but I honestly know it’s not gonna get any better.

Questions:N/A

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? The Notebook,  wizard of Oz,  Titanic, The Jaws series
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 11/13 (20 weeks and 1 day)

Baby is the size of a(n): banana/endive

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue!

Upcoming Appointments: I had a cardiologist check up today and tomorrow I have the anatomy scan and an early glucose test.

How are you feeling? (Cravings/Symptoms): tired, a little short of breath, minor leg cramps. The sciatic pain is solely on my left side and it is awful...

Rants/Raves: I wish I could find some relief from the sciatic pain! I have never experienced it before in my life. I have coped really well with everything else, but not being able to stand or walk (and not knowing when it's going to happen) is the worst! The doctor said it's probably because the baby is so low, but we will see what he says at my actual appointment tomorrow.

Questions: none right now!

GTKY: What’s your favorite movie? One I can't not watch if I find it on TV is How to Train Your Dragon. I'm convinced the creators had to use a German Shepherd as inspiration for Toothless. I am all over the place though: I also love the Harry Potter movies, The Girl Next Door, Goodfellas, Tangled, A Knight's Tale, Shakespeare in Love. I've watched all of these countless times and will gladly continue to do so.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 
    19 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): 
    heirloom tomato

FTM/STM/TTM+: 
    third

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 
    blue

Upcoming Appointments: 
    July 1 anatomy scan

heartburn after naps, tired

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

That’s a hard one, but I love 80s movies...Sixteen Candles, Can’t Buy Me Love, etc 
  • @alwayseloquent if it is bad maybe a few sessions of physical therapy would be worth it? They can really help

A support belt might help too. 
  • @drama_llama I just got back from my doctor and he suggested seeing a chiropractor or getting a belly band, so your suggestions were spot on. Thanks!