Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 6/24

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: (stolen from the IF thread) - if you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?

Re: TFAS w/o 6/24

• Loading the player...
  • @mokay19 So glad you had an amazing vaca!  When we went to Italy last year, DS was about the same age and was so spoiled by my parents, but he went back to normal fairly quickly.  

@jennifer_louise Yay for cousin time!  We visited my cousin who has 2 kids this weekend, but they're both significantly older than DS.  I think they were a little bit bored with him, but he thought it was the greatest time ever.  

@varimama Oh my gosh, that's so cute about the toddler lawn games!  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @mokay19 your trip sounds AMAZING!!  Especially the part about all the wine!!

@jennifer_louise isn't it so great and fun watching the cousins play? I love when DS gets time with his (which is happening this week since they are in town!)  

@varimama did you cry when you saw him all dressed in his little outfit for the wedding?! I totally cried when DS was a ring-bearer!  It seems like he had the best day of his life!

@shamrocandroll oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear that news.  I cannot even imagine what those poor kids and that poor wife is going through, and the sheer fact that it happened right then and there after an argument is chilling.  I guess the best thing you can try and do is to just be there for the family, in whatever way they might need.  I lost a friend last week to suicide too.  I don't understand how anyone could feel like that was the only way out. It breaks my heart.  How are YOU holding up?
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• What number are you trying for? THB #2

Month/Cycle? 8/6 (AL)

WTO/TWW? TWW... which is lasting forever this time around  :s

Ages of other child(ren)? He. Will. Be. 7. On. Friday.  I cannot fathom how this is possible!! 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I felt really calm and chill this cycle.  Timing was great, it was my first time using OPK's and it's also the cycle before starting my testing with the RE and getting the ball rolling with the plans we put in place, so I really was not stressing at all or overthinking anything.  YET... I am now 4 days late and have had two BFN's.  So yet again... I now feel defeated.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rave: My SIL and her 2 kids are in this week for DS's birthday.  I'm excited to see them and for the cousins to have a full week together!  We go to the town fair every year for DS's birthday (it's great for people watching plus the kids have a blast!)  When he was younger he used to think the fair came around for his birthday... it was so cute.  Then we have his birthday party on Sunday at a minor league baseball game, he's so excited to throw out the first pitch.

I have an audition tonight for a show! I'm so excited, It's been 2 years since I've last performed so I'm excited to get back into it.

Rant: DS's attitude lately, since getting out of school and being spoiled by the grandparents all day while we are at work, is driving me to my last limit.  I told him this morning I was very close to canceling all of his birthday party plans... and I would do it too because I'm THAT kind of mean mom haha.

GTKY: (stolen from the IF thread) - if you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? I would buy a slightly bigger house.  One that has more room and more storage and would truly be our forever home, but not one that is too big because then it would be too much to care for.  And of course, put money away for college.  I'd also buy my dream car.. a convertible VW bug that is lavender! 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @shamrocandroll I’m so sorry about YH’s cousin! I can’t imagine what you all are going through and especially his wife and kids. That’s so sad he couldn’t get the help he needed.

@kpearse99 I didn’t cry but I feel like it’s because I was so busy keeping him out of trouble 🤣 I’m so sorry for being late and BFNs, that’s the worst. Hope your DS has an amazing bday and party (and that he acts less spoiled so you don’t have to cancel it 😬)
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 2/2 AL 

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 and 2 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just ready for AF to go away and I can start dipping OPKs

Any questions? None 

Rant/Rave/Brag: **TW loss mentioned** I’m a little bummed about not having the unicorn pregnancy first cycle AL but I’m surprisingly ok. I’m also doing the whole “a late March baby is better for our schedule anyway” game to convince myself I’m alright. It’s working! 

GTKY: (stolen from the IF thread) - if you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? Pay off our debt and my moms. And save the rest so we could have it to hang out with each other (my family) all day. 
  • @jennifer_louise Sorry it’s hard to be around your SIL. Your DD sounds super sweet 💗 

@mokay19 welcome back! That sounds amazing! 

@varimama Fingers crossed your husband is right! A st. patty’s day baby would be pretty cool. Especially in college! 

@shamrocandroll Holy crap, that’s so incredibly sad. I am so sorry for all of you guys, especially his kids. Ugh. 

@kpearse99 Sorry for the BFNs and confusing cycle. 
  • @kpearse99 Thanks for asking.  It's hitting me harder than I expected.  We weren't super close to this cousin, but MH's family is small, and they all grew up in the same town together, and this cousin was the same age as MH, and I am just heartbroken for his wife and kids.  I didn't really sleep last night.  I also get really anxious not knowing what this week will look like with travel and DS and the bachelorette party I'm supposed to go to this weekend.  I'll feel a little better once I know more about the plans for services, but it's just going to be a HARD, emotional week, I think.  Really sorry you're feeling defeated by this cycle.  That optimism to defeat feeling is so discouraging.  I know it too well, myself.  Good luck at your audition tonight!  What show are you trying out for?
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 6/4

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? He’ll be 2 in September. 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Totally BSC. It’s my first confirmed O since DS was born and I have a minor stomach bug or something, so I’m totally convinced I’m KU, but refusing to test, because I’m afraid I can’t handle the BFN. 

Any questions? None 

Rant/Rave/Brag: We went to the aquarium on Saturday. It was awesome. They have this splash pad that DS just loved. On the way there, I caught DS singing Wheels on the Bus to himself in the backseat. It totally melted my heart. 

GTKY: (stolen from the IF thread) - if you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? I think we’re all responsible boring people. I’d pay off my debt. Probably give my house to SIL and buy one in a better school district. I’d get DH a new car. Then, I’d put a bunch away for DS’s college and hopefully Baby 2’s college. Might also reconsider my stance on a 3rd kid if there’s enough money. I’d probably give some to MIL and my parents too. I would not quit my job, but DH might quit his. He says that he would order the school where he works a year’s supply of paper with the request that it be delivered inside the principal’s office.  

Also, my lawyer heart is happy to see how many of you would hire someone to protect your rights. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mokay19 Sounds like a great trip. I did Croatia (Dubrovnik), Venice, and Florence about 10 years ago. It was awesome. Hope DD goes back to normal quick. 

@jennifer_louise Glad you had a great weekend, but sorry for the triggering from the fertile family members. 

@varimama That sounds like the most adorable memory. So glad you had that experience at the wedding. 

@shamrocandroll I’m so sorry. That’s awful. I can’t imagine what his kids and wife are going through. 

@kpearse99 Happy birthday to your DS. June birthdays are awesome. (Mine is Wed.) Good luck with the audition. What’s the show?

@tyrion_ Sorry you didn’t get the unicorn cycle. Glad you have such a healthy perspective on it, though. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @stassischroeder LOL @ pickled wine egg, and your question.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? In between? 1 DPO but no CH on FF yet

Ages of other child(ren)? nearly 4, and turning 2 today!

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hoping our timing was good enough. Would have pounced on MH 1 more time if he was still here. Oh well. We will see if we did enough.

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag: Feeling guilty that I have no plans for DD2's birthday. MH just told me she doesn't know and she doesn't care but I still feel a little bad. Most of his family is out of town for this wedding, and my family has some major stuff going on today so it's really not the best time for a party (not to mention, I'm not very much inclined to host one). With all her food allergies theres not even a safe cake she can eat so I don't know. Maybe I'll stick a candle in a slice of watermelon and me and DD1 will sing to her to relieve my guilt. Take them out and buy them a couple of new toys if I can get my butt off the couch today lol. Boom. Birthday.

GTKY: (stolen from the IF thread) - if you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? Hm. Wouldn't happen since I don't buy tickets. But, if I'm coming into a lot of money, I would definitely want to pay off the house and credit cards, and get another car. Save a ton for when needed and donate a big lump of it for sure.

@mokay19 your trip sounds magical! Glad you were able to be alone and get some HIO time and didn't miss your window  ;)

@jennifer_louise ugh fertile flipping myrtles with their fertile flipping utes. So clueless. Glad your DD enjoyed her time with her cousins. My older DD also loves all of her cousins and I love when she gets to spend time with them <3

@varimama Hoping your DH is right FX FX.

@kpearse99 Happy early BD to your DS! I hope he gets his attitude in check so he can still have his party lol. I'm so sorry that you're late with BFNs :(. On the bright side, awesome that you have an audition, hope it goes well!

@tyrion_ sorry it didn't happen right away. I definitely told myself the same about March vs Feb, and it also totally made me feel better!

@mercury94 here's hoping all your symptoms are real. I can understand being too afraid to test!

*TW*

|MMC July 13' - 8 wks| 
    |MMC Nov. 13' - 12 wks - Turner's, natural MC| 
    |MC Mar. 14' - 4.5 wks| 
    |MMC July 14' - 11 wks - d&c|
    DD 1 Aug. 15'
    DD 2 June 17' 

• @silly_goose LOL at "Boom. Birthday" :D I honestly likely wouldn't have done a party for DS's first bday if I hadn't gotten pressure from extended family. He certainly didn't/doesn't care and I'm not much for the extra effort that hosting requires. I like your ideas for some special treatment without a ton of work. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @tyrion_ I'm sorry the unicorn baby didn't work out for you.  I remember that hope all to well after my loss. <3

@shamrocandroll I'm the same way with needing to know the schedule to feel better about what plans are going on.  Hopefully you get more info soon.  Hang in there <3  Also, thanks to you and @mercury94 for the good luck for my audition tonight!  I'm auditioning for the show Catch Me If You Can.  It's a musical based on the movie!

@stassischroeder it is possible I O'd later.  This was my first cycle using OPK's, like I said, and I got a blazing positive on CD 17 and CD 18 and then I stopped (unintentionally) testing... just got busy and DH and I didn't get any more time to HIO for a few days after that, so I just assumed the window had ended. sigh.  Congrats on your walker now!!!  It's so amazing, isn't it?!  I cried with so much pride when DS first walked!

@mercury94 toddlers singing is the absolute best!! Makes me melt into a big ol' puddle every time!
    Our TTC Journey

• @stassischroeder Yep. You are totes KU, since you asked. The awkward BD while your dad was visiting absolutely did the trick. Walking is so exciting, but soon it will be running. I swear, they grow so fast all of the sudden, but it’s such a great phase from age one to two. Thanks for SSing for me. I’m doing plenty of that for myself, but I know how dangerous it can be. 

@silly_goose Happy birthday to your baby girl. I wouldn’t feel bad about the lack of plans. She has no idea. I hope you come up with an allergy safe treat for her. 

@kpearse99 Catch Me if You Can seems like it would be an awesome show. I love community theater. I wish I had the courage to audition. I do get to see my dad in Best Little Whorehouse in Texas next month. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @kpearse99 well I have my FX that you O'd later and still have hope for a BFP! I just got a big patch of EWCM even though my OPKs have been clearly negative for a couple days.... which isn't uncommon for me but it still f*cks with my head. In reality it wouldn't hurt to HIO again, but.... I don't want to  :D 

@mercury94 not gonna lie, if the awkward BD did the trick then it'll forever be burned into my memory and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not lol. And yeah I'm trying to enjoy this temporary "sweet spot" of walking but not fully hell-on-wheels stage lol. Soon I'll be chasing him and struggling to get him to hold my hand when crossing streets! 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• @stassischroeder yay for a walker! My DD1 was finally fully walking around that age as well. And 3-4 DPO? Totes pregnant! FX the egg remained un-pickled long enough to fertilize. 

*TW*

|MMC July 13' - 8 wks| 
    |MMC Nov. 13' - 12 wks - Turner's, natural MC| 
    |MC Mar. 14' - 4.5 wks| 
    |MMC July 14' - 11 wks - d&c|
    DD 1 Aug. 15'
    DD 2 June 17' 

• @mercury94 that's awesome that your dad does shows!! I love being a part of community theatre!  What if you got involved in other ways, instead of performing, in the shows?

@stassischroeder thanks, girl!! I have an appointment tomorrow with the RE to get b/w done to see what my cycle is doing! I know what you mean about the random EWCM though, I've gotten it at odd times too where I was like WTAF?!  This TTC game is such a mind F.
    Our TTC Journey

• puppylove8910puppylove8910 member
    edited June 2019
    How is this thread so busy already?! 😂

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/3 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO (CD 3)

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm overly hopeful for this cycle and I'm only on day 3. Let me explain... July 4th seems to be a big day in our house. 7/4/16: found out I was KU with DS, 7/4/17: first post partum period returns (ok, so not a fun milestone, but still happened on 7/4!), 7/4/18: My DH and I decide we aren't 100% OAD and would eventually decide to try again when DS turned two, 7/4/19: My estimated O day for this cycle! I mean, it would be so freaking cool if we made baby #2 on 7/4 given the history of that date. Also, cycle 4 (post tube removal) was our lucky cycle with DS Anyway, I sound like a legit silly person even thinking like this and obviously I know it's all out of my control, but one can wish. I'll stop sounding ridiculous now😂

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: My DS is talking so much these days and it just blows my mind how much he has grown in just two years. It's absolutely amazing! Also, potty training begins in less than two weeks. YAY! 

GTKY: (stolen from the IF thread) - if you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? I would donate some to meaningful charities and save/invest at least 75% of it. Whatever I had left I would take the most epic vacations all around the world! And fly first class, of course. 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• @shamrocandroll I've been feeling them for the last 7 years (almost)  :D:D  In that case, I should be in the world records book for longest pregnancy! haha

Our TTC Journey

• @WorkingOnMyNightCheese that is so great that your DD is meeting her developmental areas!  DS was diagnosed with a speech delay at the age of 2 and he's finally all caught up!! We are still doing speech, once a week, in school for at least this next year, but he's come so far and has worked so hard!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 I didn't start feeling/noticing them until I started TTGP with #2.  It freaks me out because *TW: loss

I've had two losses, and immediately think to myself "OMG what if I didn't lose the baby after all?" even though that would be completely impossible, considering my MMC was confirmed twice by U/S and my second early loss by blood test. 

And yet, here we are... :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited June 2019
    @shamrocandroll I think the same thing after my loss this past fall!  BUT.... this is the sort of thing that would end up on an episode of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"... so maaaaaybe?! 

Our TTC Journey

• @shamrocandroll I get them too. At least since I got off of BC. It’s a huge mind-f. The whole, but what if I’ve actually just been pregnant since January (when we started trying)? Of course, it’s completely impossible, but it doesn’t help with my BSC. If I really focus when it happens, I realize that it feels different than the actual baby kicks did and remind myself that it’s probably gas. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @kpearse99 @mercury94 Hahaha, yeah.... I guess I should stop worrying, unless one day one of those phantom kicks become strong enough to send the TV remote falling off my stomach.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @m6agua Sorry you’re benched for so long. Hope that time passes quickly for you. 
  • Good luck tomorrow, @BusinessWife! Update us when you can. and I’ve been meaning to ask (because I am nosy af) how many embryos do you have left? Don’t feel obligated to answer if you this is too personal to share. 
  • @BusinessWife Good luck with the SHG. FX you don’t need surgery. 

@m6agua Sorry you are benched for so long. That’s tough. Hope it goes quick for you. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017