Weekly Check-In Group 3 (Jan 17-24) w/o 6/24

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Favorite social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.

Re: Weekly Check-In Group 3 (Jan 17-24) w/o 6/24

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 18 / 10w+2d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lego man

Upcoming Appointments: 2 weeks from today

How are you feeling?: Nauseated, exhausted

Rants/Raves: This week is a four day week and then I get Friday plus all of next week off! I probably won't be on much consequently. 

Questions: Anyone bought anything for baby yet? I got a Baby K'tan a few weeks ago, and my MIL just gifted us a double stroller.

GTKY: Favorite social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Probably Instagram, but I still scroll Facebook too. I don't get Twitter or Snapchat, but I do like the interested filters on Snapchat, like the gender swapping one.
  • @marebear15 yay for a short week! Enjoy your long weekend! 😊 I haven't bought anything for baby yet but I created a registry on Amazon and target (bonus, free baby stuff when you register)I just kind of went off the recommendations and stuck with the basics, because FTM and not entirely sure what I'll need. There's so much to choose from!

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 24/ 9wks3days

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Exhausted, nauseous, hungry 

Rants/Raves: I'm so over this exhaustion. I work all week and by the time the weekend arrives I'm spent. My last several weekends have been the laziest. I just lie around like a useless lump. 

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: Favorite social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. I definitely prefer Instagram 
  • Loading the player...
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited June 2019
    @marebear15 nothing yet and I probably won’t until the second trimester. I’m still not feeling 100% this is real since I feel like my symptoms have decreased. 

@peppyj9 you’ll find you won’t need half of the crap they suggest! Just think about storing all the stuff after baby is done using it. 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/22, 9 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): water bottle cap

Upcoming Appointments: ob intake and bloodwork today. Fx they do an ultrasound too 🤞

How are you feeling?: ok so of course PGAL brain is kicking in. I haven’t been as nauseous as weeks 7 and 8 so of course I jump to something being wrong. I’ve been gagging and dry heaving after eating fruit so that’s fun. 

Rants/Raves: We got back yesterday evening after visiting my family. The shower went great and it was really good to catch up with friends who I haven’t seen in a few years. We also did family pictures since my entire family was there. We’ve never had them done before so I’ll be interested to see how they turn out. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Favorite social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Facebook. I use it way too much and should probably just delete the app. 

Eta edd
  • @marebear15 same EDD, same appt date

EDD: 1/18, 10w2d

Team finding out

Baby size: strawberry 

Appt: 2 weeks 

Feeling: more normal. It’s a relief physically, but a mindf— emotionally.

Raves: if I do get to have this baby, I’m relieved I don’t have to do all the first-timer stuff like a registry, birthing class, researching a million things, etc.

Social media: I’m kind of over social media, but I like looking at artwork on Instagram. The trouble is, I really need to promote my graphic design business, so I need to get more involved in social media even though I’m not that into it anymore.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• stashattackstashattack member
    edited June 2019
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 17th, 10w4d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Moving from team green to team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): brussel sprouts (hopefully bacon covered ones :P) 

Upcoming Appointments: July 2nd for first ob visit, Aug 12th 2nd ob appointment, Sept 4th Anatomy scan (i may have gone overboard with scheduling out my visits butttt things fill out fast over here so I had to get them in now. 

How are you feeling?: Slowly feeling better but my brain more and more feels like being in a fog. The more energy I have the better it is but when I'm tired the less my brain works. Which sucks. Nausea is now moved to early morning and evening which means I pig out at lunch. Other than that pretty good.

Rants/Raves: Raves, finally starting to tell people. We went down Saturday to tell his parents in person and they were over the moon about it. We told the godfather yesterday when he came over. My parents will find out this weekend when they come up to visit and after that, I'll tell the godmother. After that, we will wait until after our July appointment to tell everyone else.

Rants, I'm so over preggo brain already. Combined with ADHD I just feel like a giant hot mess. And I am counting down the days until I'm out of the first trimester so I can start feeling better. LOL

Questions: Ummm not right now?

GTKY: Favorite social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Facebook and instagram. I am actually working on building my profiles for my side hustles, but I haven't posted really since we found out I got preggo because I am liable to slip up and tell people before we are ready. LOL. So middle of July can't come fast enough so I can get back to posting besides in my groups that have nothing to do with me being preggo like my curly community and my dairy-free community.

Edit for wrong week LOL
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @marebear15 enjoy your long weekend!!

@peppyj9 I started an amazon registry as well. Mostly so I would have a way to remind myself of what I want/need

@kbrown2385 yay for family pictures! Sorry the PGAL brain is kicking in. FX you get an ultrasound today for peace of mind!

@carrieandr totally with you on the feeling better being a blessing and a curse

@stashattack I wish I could schedule my appointments that far out! The one I go to is so overbooked they only schedule one appointment out....and even that can be a struggle 😬

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/23 9w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): southern pecan 

Upcoming Appointments: first midwife appointment on Thursday!

How are you feeling?: mornings are pretty ok, by the evening I’m exhausted and nauseated. I also get so frustrated easily still

Rants/Raves: MH is getting his wisdom teeth out on Thursday so that should be fun 😬 I also had a whole list of things I wanted to get done yesterday and finished exactly none of it because things kept getting messed up (my sewing machine was being a brat) and I just threw in the towel 

Questions: do they typically listen for the heartbeat as early as 10 weeks? I am hoping for that reassurance Thursday 

GTKY: Favorite social media? Instagram. Hands down. I spend way too much time on there 
  • @marebear15 I also have a short week! I'm taking 3 days off, but that's to get painting done to our fence and powerwash our siding per our HOA rules so it's not quite a vacation which is annoying. But it's gotta get done by the end of the month.

@peppyj9 I also started my registry too with buybuybaby. I didn't register for half the stuff yet because a lot of it seems unnecessary or repetitive. Like I feel like buybuybaby is telling me I have like only 1/3rd of my registry as complete. I mean I know I'm missing some things, but some things they don't have that I want to use, like the brand of diapers I'm thinking about getting LOL.
  • @MrsJessS that's annoying!!! One of the places I had originally scheduled with booked me for one date, and then 2 weeks later called me to reschedule. Which really annoyed me. But yeah Penn seems on top of their scheduling. 
  • @stashattack MH is military so I am seen on base. And a lot of Drs just suddenly left. Plus it’s moving season. And they changed the insurance so pregnancy was no longer a qualifying life event so a ton of women who planned to switch and be seen by off post doctors got “stuck” going to the base clinic. There has been a huuuuge list for inductions and a shortage of rooms in L&D so here’s hoping they get that mess straightened out by January!
  • @MrsJessS That sounds like a nightmare! Really hoping they get it sorted out. I can only imagine how challenging it's been for the women and the doctors office on base.

@peppyj9 We took a minimalist approach, so buy buy baby was always telling me how incomplete my registry was. But there's so much stuff that isn't needed on those things. Or at least things your baby may not even like.
  • @persnickity my friend is due very soon and she’s definitely anxious about getting a room. But this is her second so she figured worst case scenario, the hallway isn’t the worst thing in the world 😂 We are all halfway useful to it because everything here seems to be a constant clusterf*** For reference, we have been here nearly a year and MH’s pay check is short over $600 a month. Actually he’s due a raise so I think it’s really $800+ a month. It was short $1600+ a month for the first 7 months so this is an improvement 🙄
  • @MrsJessS that's terrible! I'm sorry things are so bad with paychecks too. That has to cause major stress for so many families.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Eastern tailed-blue butterfly

Upcoming Appointments: July 18th

How are you feeling?: Outside of the occasional food aversion, feeling great. I was exhausted Sunday after spending Saturday at a family party. 

Rants/Raves: can't think of anything

Questions: nothing right now

GTKY: Favorite social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. I'm only on LinkedIn...
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10 weeks

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: I can't decide! Hubby wants to, but we found out with our girls and he was disappointed so I sort of want to try team green 

Baby is the size of a(n): cocktail sausage, apparently lol

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday!

How are you feeling?: So tired. So tempted to just let my toddlers run wild while I sit on the couch and watch youtube. But I have to be like, responsible for them or whatever 

Rants/Raves: Maybe it's my fault for babying him, but my husband expects praise for everydamnthing. Like yeah thanks for cutting up the baby's veggies, congrats on breathing, wow you actually aimed in the bathroom, ttly cool bro you don't have to tell me 6 times. 

GTKY: Favorite social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Facebook or Instagram. I just want to scroll I don't have the attention span to interact that much

• marebear15  I picked up a baby bjorn mini....it's for 5-20ish lbs I think.  It was a steal so I couldn't say no.  I was pretty intent on one and done and in a fit of PPOCD I got rid of EVERYTHING newborn from our daughter. Silly me.

@peppyj9 I never napped or needed caffeine before this pregnancy...the tides have changed.

@kbrown2385 anxiously awaiting your apt update!

carrieandr I am soooo glad no birthing class.  That was the worst.  I also hated my abby shower because I had such bad anxiety last pregnancy.
    @stashattack Wow, I can't believe the anatomy scan is in August,  It seems so close but also so far.  
    @MrsJessS I'm all kinds of ragey by the evening.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: around 10 weeks.  Based on LMP my due date is Jan 22.  However I was over 2 weeks late with my first, fun times.

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: GREEN! (my husband will have to keep the secret)

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:  NIPT testing in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: Nausea=Death

Rants/Raves: We got back from Disney on Friday and today was my first day back at work. I don't know how much longer I will be able to hide this pregnancy.  I am a teacher and I hate that I am going be on maternity leave again within 2 years of my first leave.  I also don't want to jinx it but I had such bad anxiety last pregnancy and I feel mentally steady this time around. I was on klonopin on an off the entire pregnancy.  Now I take nothing.  Not sure what my postpartum game plan is yet.

Questions: 

GTKY: Favorite social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. I FB and insta but I missed the boat on twitter and Snapchat.
  • My appt was pretty uneventful. No scan this time but my NIPT is scheduled for next Wednesday and my next scan will be on the 19th at 13 weeks. I mentioned to the scheduler how January seems so far away. She reminded me that we are already halfway through the year 😬. It’s going quick and I need to figure out Christmas haha. 
  • @kbrown2385 uneventful is the best! 
  • @justsuzie it's on september 4th! It seems so far away right now LOL. My second ob appointment is in August!
  • It hasn't been raining the last few days so I got so busy actually getting outside doing stuff I haven't checked in in awhile!  I feel so behind!

@marebear15 I haven't bought anything yet but I will need to.  Even though this is our third I got rid of a few things that annoyed me (Like a squeaky swing etc.) so I have to replace to stuff.  I have to get a new carseat too because of the expiration date.

@MrsJessS I want to say at my 10 week appointment with my last pregnancy my doctor tried the Doppler.  It surprised me that he was going to try so soon but I was good with it and loved hearing it. But I had to go back in at 12 weeks with that pregnancy because I was spotting and they couldn't get the heartbeat on the doppler and moved me to an ultrasound.  It all turned out fine but I feel like between 10-14 weeks it can always be a hit and miss with the Doppler.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 24th, 9+4

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n):  I have no idea unless I google search and I don't want to right now.

Upcoming Appointments:  I have my 10 week appointment this Friday!  eeeek!!!  Not looking foward to the pelvic exam.....

How are you feeling?:  I'm tried and nauseated.  Again I'm thankful I don't actually get sick but damn its miserable.

Rants/Raves: I broke off a part of my back molar and they can't really do anything until second trimester.   And that is if I get written permission from my OB because they don't know the health history of the pregnancy.  Or I can wait to get it fixed after I give birth.  Issue is if I wait and I start to have pain or an infection into my 3rd trimester  is what they don't want to happen.  So I'm not really sure what to do.  Hopefully my OB can decide for me.....

Questions: Nada

GTKY: Favorite social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.  I'm a Facebook and Instagram user.  Never got into Twitter or Snapchat.  I feel like the two I do use occupies enough of my time lol.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 24/ 9w+4D

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Yes we plan to find out. DH wants a boy so I'm team blue for him.

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry I think?

Upcoming Appointments: July 3

How are you feeling?: exhausted...food is gross and my mouth waters all the time. Constipation is very real. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: my DH is planning dates for shower already to get ahead of the holidays. I feel a little weird about that BUT venue availability is already challenging (in a metro area).

Questions: None right now

GTKY: Favorite social media? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. My fave is Twitter...it is so entertaining!
  • @knottiekw_ivyphotoop yeah DH and I were also talking about shower dates too. Mostly because we live in PA and he's talking November and I'm like.. You used to live here as a kid. It's not uncommon to get snow in November. Maybe we should shoot for October hun.
  • @mispanda I'd probably get it fixed depending on how bad the break is. The last thing you want is to get an infection or have to have a worse procedure to fix it later. Especially if your ob thinks the risks are acceptable.

Figuring out shower dates with the holidays is going to be challenging. As a STM, I was excited thinking I'd get to totally skip something like this. My family wants to do something to celebrate. I'm trying to convince them to just have a family gathering without any gifts.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/17/2020, 10w5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: my husband wants a boy, I just want a healthy baby

Baby is the size of a: Brussel sprout

Upcoming Appointments: I had a followup ultrasound and appt with MFM today. Baby looks great, and is measuring spot-on at 10w5d! Unfortunately my SCH is still there, about the same size 6cmx5cmx5cm, and is pushing against the gestational sac, kinda deforming it. Good news is that the SCH is on the other side of the placenta, not behind it as we previously thought. No sign of abruption yet. I'm still spotting every day, but it's light and old blood. I, of course, was hoping that the SCH would have decreased in size, but at least it didn't grow I guess. My aunt told me that every day without bad news is good news, so we're counting today as a win.

How are you feeling?: Nervous because of the hematoma. I started to get round ligament pain recently. Other than that I'm still tired most of the day.

Rants/Raves: My rant is that having complications really steals the joy from pregnancy. I want to be excited! I want to tell people! I want to plan! Being constantly worried about my increased risk of losing the baby puts the kibosh on all that. My rave is my husband has been great. My emotions are all over the place, but he has been supportive and has gone to all the appts (we're only in our 10th week and have had 4 ultrasounds).

Questions: Any advice on celebrating pregnancies with complications? Trying to stay positive is harder than it seems.
  • @mispanda part of my back molar broke off today!!! I made an appointment for tomorrow morning. It didn’t occur to me that pregnancy could be an issue. I’m hoping they can just give me a composite filling and that it won’t be a problem. (My mom used to work for a dentist so she told me that’s what she hopes they’ll do.) It’s sharp and sensitive, so I can’t imagine not fixing it.

@noranorabobora congratulations on the good u/s! I hope they continue!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Why can’t you have dental work done? I totally have a bunch of cavities that I think I developed last pregnancy. I need them fixed. 
  • @carrieandr the way my molar broke the best option for me they said would to have a crown put on.  They did however smooth it down so it wouldn't irritate my tongue because it was really sharp!  But since I wasn't having any pain or sensitivities I don't need a root canal and its not an emergency but obviously they don't want it to turn into one
  • @mispanda I soooo hope I don’t need a root canal and a crown. 
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)