January 2020 Moms

Weekend Randoms 6/21-6/23

I don't think we ever posted a weekly randoms thread this week. Or I missed it!

Anyways. My random is that I wish my child wasn't an early riser. He's always been a great sleeper but he loves waking up early and I'm not really a morning person. I enjoy waking up early but I dont enjoy waking up and having to tend to someone else right away. I really just need to go to bed earlier 😬 but he goes to bed and then it's so nice to sit around and feel like myself. I'm worried about how I'll get through once #2 is here because with DS we would sleep in until 9-10ish those first 2ish months because of the MOTN wakeup and that was with a baby that slept in 3-4 hour increments. I'm not anticipating that baby #2 is going to sleep as well. 

Re: Weekend Randoms 6/21-6/23

• I can can drink hot black tea. Hallelujah. Caffeine 🙌
  • I might not make it through this 9 hour drive with ds today. We gave him his tablet within the first hit and he’s already had a meltdown when his time was up, so in turn, I’m having a meltdown. Should be a good day 😒
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbrown2385 oh no! Good luck today!!!
  • @kbrown2385 Can you give him more time because of special circumstances?
  • @justsuzie we don’t do tablets or phones normally so getting the hour is the special circumstance. I hate the way he acts after using it so we just don’t normally. He’s able to occupy himself otherways. 
  • @kbrown2385 how old is he??
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @kbrown2385 Was he always able to entertain himself?  My daughter is 13.5 months and needs human interaction constantly.  I am hoping she can develop the trait of solo play!  
  • @justsuzie yes he’s always been good about playing by himself, probably since around 18 months. He wants to be more active and go do more things as he gets bigger, but for the most part has no problems playing with legos for hours at a time or playing in the backyard digging holes and playing on his playset. For car trips he brings a bag full of toys he wants, I bring coloring books for him and we play different games. He’s super into construction/fire trucks and planes so he’s constantly pointing things out and telling us what he sees. 
  • Also was driving to a bridal shower today with DD and she had a meltdown since we forgot her teddy bear ( which normally never leaves her bed). Thankfully she fell asleep till we got there.