Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 6/22-23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Weekend 6/22-23

• Loading the player...
  • millpemillpe member

Month/Cycle: 6/3/1 AL

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, sex eod

R/R: so glad it's the weekend, but we have a very busy weekend so its going to fly by. Heading to a town 2 hrs away this morning for an anniversary party for H's grandparents. Will spend the day there and drive back tonight. Tomorrow we are having both of our families at our house for a BBQ party. Glad we now have the basment to hang out in! 

CS/Q:  nada

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • millpemillpe member
    @MrsVP614 I hope the rain lets up so you can go to the zoo! Its supposed to be chilly where I am today - only in the 60s!

@ejoseph16 sounds like you also have a busy weekend!
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • bows22bows22 member

@ejoseph16 looks like we are both hitting up baseball games today! your team is slightly better than mine though😆

@mrsvp614 hopefully thats the only storm and you can still head to the zoo!

@millpe have a fun weekend! a grandparent anniversary party sounds so sweet  how long have they been married?

Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: EOD, OPKs, tracking CM

R/R: Going to the baseball game later, and a winery tomorrow! But in between that we will be trying to get the house and yard in order for a party we are having next weekend. The wife of someone who works for one of our clients passed away yesterday so I might go to the viewing. It’s hard for me to decide what to do in these situations but it feels like the right thing to go. I keep mentally debating it though. 

CS/Q: 

• silly_goosesilly_goose member
    edited June 2019
    @ejoseph16 RIP to your phone. Yay for free replacement. Hope your info was backed up? <3 to YH’s words. I hope he’s right!

@MrsVP614 hope the skies clear and you get to go to the zoo. 

@millpe what a full schedule this weekend! Have fun. 

@bows22 enjoy the game! Death freaks me out and TBH unless it were someone I was close with, I wouldn’t go. You’re a better woman than me. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, vitamins, etc.

R/R: My husband is getting ready to leave for CA for a week as I type this (best man in his cousin’s wedding). I hope he has a good time but he’s definitely going to be missed. We haven’t even bought the wedding gift yet but I looked through their registry a couple of days ago and everything is SO expensive. iPads, 300$ pot, 700$ knives, like I don’t understand who they think will be willing to cough up that kind of money lol. Gonna need to figure that out soon though the wedding is on Thursday  :#

CS/Q: I got a positive OPK last night! So relieved. I tested at 8 pm and it was negative. I started to feel nauseous and I was like hm my hormones are doing something and POAS again at 9:20ish, and the test line was darker than the control! So we HIO last night and again this morning as I planned. Last night was fun this morning felt more forced though. 

ETA- chart and to note that while I had decided I wasn’t going to do cervical checks, the lack of clarity drove me nuts yesterday and I decided to dive right in. Pun intended. 

*TW*

|MMC July 13' - 8 wks| 
    |MMC Nov. 13' - 12 wks - Turner's, natural MC| 
    |MC Mar. 14' - 4.5 wks| 
    |MMC July 14' - 11 wks - d&c|
    DD 1 Aug. 15'
    DD 2 June 17' 

• @bows22 enjoy the fun stuff this weekend! GL deciding to go to the viewing or not. do what you think is best. it’s always a respectful gesture to go to something like that if you can but also understandable not to.

@millpe busy busy! have fun this weekend.

@mrsvp614 hope the storm lets up so you can go to the zoo!

@ejoseph16 yay new phone! enjoy the game! also i dig yh’s attitude!

Month/Cycle: 9/5AL

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, cm, opk, gfj, rlt, smep,  coq10, probiotic, etc.

R/R: my wrist hurts from being in my phone so much since we have no internet til monday. having some people over today bc we are hosting a friend’s going away party. 

CS/Q: nothing thrilling yet. 

• @silly_goose My one cousin's registry had $500 bedding!!! And then the decorative pillows were like $80! I know one of the items we did buy them for their wedding gift was a $50 burlap table runner. Stupid Crate & Barrel and their expensive stuff! Burlap is burlap right? Probably could find something nearly identical at Target for $20.

And I thought our $300 block of knives was expensive 😱
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @MrsVP614 I’m sorry YH feels pressured. That sucks. MH did initially, but now he’s more relaxed. Hopefully the storms let up and you can get out to the zoo! I love going to the zoo! 

@millpe have fun at the anniversary party! 

@bows22 have fun at your game as well! What team are you watching? We love our Indians! They’re one of 2 teams MH and I agree on... and we have never been to a game before (I went to a spring training game a few years ago when I lived in Arizona, in all fairness). 

@inthewoods23 YAY! That’s great news! So I’m not familiar with the process... what’s your next step?

@silly_goose yeah I’m an apple user, so everything was backed up in the cloud at midnight the night before the phone died, so that was good news! Registries can be so expensive! We always find the most ridiculous cheap thing on their registry and get it for them. My personal favorite was a darth Vader waffle skillet. $20 of fun! 😂🤣 

@kagesstarshroom I’m just glad MH has the positive attitude this cycle, I’ve been an emotional disaster this whole cycle. But yes, I dig it, too! How is your dissertation going? 
  • @inthewoods23 yup Crate and Barrel is the culprit in our case as well. Seriously, burlap? What a rip off. 
    ALSO, wooohhooo! 5 normal embies! So happy for you. 

@ejoseph16 that’s a relief. iCloud to the rescue. This would have been a much bigger problem #backintheday. 

@kagesstarshroom hope hosting goes well tonight and everyone has fun and doesn’t leave a massive mess behind!

*TW*

|MMC July 13' - 8 wks| 
    |MC Mar. 14' - 4.5 wks| 
    DD 1 Aug. 15'
    DD 2 June 17' 

• @ejoseph16 next is transferring one of the frozen embryos into the uterus.

Before that though I'm doing a repeat saline sono as the one I did back in early May showed an abnormal lining (it's supposed to look smooth) so they're repeating to check how it looks this cycle. If it's still abnormal I'll be having surgery to "clean" it before they transfer.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: opk, temp, BD, and pre natals 

R/R: rave: got a high fertility of my digital opk today. Matching CM. Rant: having 14 Girl Scouts at our house today for a pool party, and LA is getting rain drizzles. Insert eye roll! 

CS/Q:  does ovulation usually occur 24 to 48 hours after a high fertility reading or peak fertility reading on the clear blue digital ovulation test?  I tried searching for the answer and it seem to contradict itself .

Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• @silly_goose Maybe get them a gift card for an amount you’re more comfortable with for one is the stores on the registry. Then they can use it towards a bigger item. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @kmornelas29 peak reading means you will ovulate 12-36 hours after I believe. I know it’s not high. High just means you’re in your fertile window. 
  • @ejoseph16 thanks! 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• @MrsVP614 I thought it might be too impersonal consider the groom is family. But MH just told me he’s just going to put some cash in a card and call it a day. Talk about impersonal 😂. 

@inthewoods23 hope your sono goes well. I had one of saline ultrasounds once. I remember them telling me to take some tylenol or Advil beforehand because there would be some cramping. I decided to just brave it. But then I regretted it because those cramps were intense  :D

*TW*

|MMC July 13' - 8 wks| 
    |MC Mar. 14' - 4.5 wks| 
    DD 1 Aug. 15'
    DD 2 June 17' 

• @silly_goose i was SUPER PISSED bc i didn’t see a card/anything from my BIL/SIL after our wedding, but DH informed me his bro “doesn’t do cards” and apparently had just handed him some cash. Talk about impersonal! 

@ejoseph16 thanks for asking about the dissertation! It’s been hard to make good progress without the internet at home (i use Google Docs to keep track of sources & quotations not to mentions i am always looking something up) but i’ve gotten so much more reading done in the last million days since the net went down (since Thurs. morning lol) than in a long time! Some diss related, some not...

@inthewoods23 YAY re: the five embryos! 💗
  • shoogapoffshoogapoff member
    edited June 2019

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNV, COQ10, GFJ, RLT, BBT, tracking CM, OPK

R/R: I had a sh** day yesterday. Work stuff was bad, then *TW pregnancy*

went onto FB at the end of the day and  saw a pregnancy announcement from someone much younger than me who's been married a very short amount of time and it just hit me wrong. It doesn't help that my sister went into labor yesterday with her 2nd child. 

Then went to the chiropractor where he told me my biological clock is ticking and if we want kids, we need to get on it! Thanks. Dude. 

Anyway, on the bright side: We're going swimming today! My in-laws are in town and staying at a fancy resort with a nice water park. So we're going to the water park this afternoon and then dinner with them this evening. Should be nice!

CS/Q: As predicted, vaginal temps are high...98.6 today! I'm wondering what my post-o temps will reach...

Edited bc mobile bump equals grammatical errors. 

• bows22bows22 member
    @inthewoods23 oh my gosh that is such wonderful news. I am so happy for you! 

@kagesstarshroom thanks! I just feel so bad. And want him to know that people care. They were so close to retiring and ugh. Life sucks sometimes. Anyway. Have fun tonight! I love hosting parties so that I am that much closer to my bed when they are done 

@ejoseph16 we’re in Pittsburgh. The pirates are in last place 👎🏻 But we still love going to the games 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @shoogapoff have so much fun at the water park. That sounds like a blast! I’m sorry about the other stuff. Stick to the back stuff, chiro!
  • @kagesstarshroom @silly_goose My BIL and SIL are extremely wealthy and they didn't give us anything for our wedding. I guess they decided BIL and niece being in the wedding was their gift? I would have loved cash, but I don't care for them too much so something personal wouldn't have meant a lot to me. 

@ejoseph16 I love your wedding gift philosophy. I registered for a Hello Kitty toaster as a joke. The registry showed someone actually bought it, but we never got it. So it remains a mystery. 

@bows22 Situations like that are hard. I think viewings are easier than actual services. You can make an appearance and then duck out without staying forever. 

@millpe In the 60s?! Wow! It's 100 here. DH would love to be where you are!

• @inthewoods23 Oh! I forgot to add you. 5 is so great! What good news! So you'll transfer 1? Just curious, does your dr ever do 2 embryo transfers? In my RE research, it seemed like that was a big dividing line between facilities, but I didn't know how much the couple had a say in that. 
  • @shoogapoff yeah they'll only transfer 1. They might do 2 under particular circumstances. I'm still young and as far as I've been told they all look good so there's no reason to transfer 2.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause