February 2020 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Karma does not exist. Good and bad things happen to everyone and it’s not because of actions and choices you make. 
  • Options
    So I'm kind of in the middle. I'm a graphic designer so I will be very picky. I have liked SOME clothes that have words but they aren't in your face, usually an approved Brookie font lol. But the majority of what I want is plain clothes that are stylish lol. If we have a girl I will be very anti-pink stuff as I am a bit of a tomboy myself and always was anti-pink when my mom forced me into super frilly stuff lol. But TBH I'll take whatever people give me HAHAH.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    I don’t like baby clothes with words or “cutesy phrases” on them. Give me all the plain clothes! 
    Me too, except the one that said “The Snuggle is Real!”
  • Options
    I think UO might actually be pretty fun in this group.  

I don’t find out the sex of the baby to plan clothing options, but more to connect with who I think the baby might be.  We name them and start connecting them to the family.  It’s also a great way to help your kids connect with the new baby as well.  Sure, I buy clothes that correlate with their presumed gender, but if they come out identifying as a different gender I will help them find what makes them comfortable.  With that being said, I kind of want to be team green because I want a surprise in the delivery room.  I think that’s more for me.  My kids would benefit more by being able to imagine who might be adding to our family.  

I buy most of our clothes resale, for environmental reasons, but I do agree that some of the words or outfits are obnoxious.  I see a lot of ugly stuff sifting through used clothing.  

• Options
    @DDRRT1982 just to clarify, I wasn’t  saying that everyone finds out the sex in order to plan gender-specific things. We were team green last time, and finding out this time. It’s simply when people say “because I’m a planner!” that drives me bonkers. 
  • Options
    I get it. I didn’t take it personally.
  • Options
    @Swiftlet lol same! It always makes me think of that 90s movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger where he is pregnant. I googled it and it’s called Junior. I probably just dated myself and showed how old I’m getting... 
  • Options
    Oh that reminded me of another UO.

When someone pregnant wears a shirt that points to the belly and there's words talking about a baby there. 
    TW
  • Options
    Completely random and not pregnancy related but I don't get the huge hype of Chick-fila ...... I just dont like fast food chicken 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @alseltzer ha UOs don’t have to be pregnancy related...I guess ours just kinda went there! But I agree, Chick-Fil-A is nothing to write home about.
  • Options
    I agree @alseltzer . Our town finally got one, and I went recently to try it. $9.00 for a sloppily put together chicken sandwich and a few fries. Way too overpriced for what you get IMO and isn't amazing.
  • Options
    alseltzeralseltzer member
    edited June 2019
    @daffodil_shoe people here look at me like I have 10 heads when I say I don't like.  There is constantly a huge drive thru line wrapped around the building here, no matter  which one you go to and no matter what time of day. 
  • Options
    Y’all be crazy. Chick-fil-A is the best. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    Agree with @ibabyloveb87!!! Oh my gosh, I could totally go for some Chick-fil-A right now lol. 
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 we can be friends  :)
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    @craftywitch just curious what’s the matter with monkeys? My daughter had ALL the monkey clothes when she was tiny and I still call her my little monkey 😂 

i did donate a shirt that said “born to shop”. GTFO with that. And also the ladies man shirts drive me nuts.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    Probably UO: Rasin’ Canes chicken and sauce are the best in the world!!! I’ve been mulling over this craving for a solid week and have yet to pull the trigger. I keep hoping it will go away but I may just have to hit up a drive thru. Another UO: I typically disapprove of all fast food and don’t allow our family to eat it (but every once in a blue moon I lose my GD mind).
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    @brookert615 I was like that with pink but all she wants to wear is pink and purple and princess stuff 😂 no matter what you do they will be who they are!
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    @elmann1 totally agree with phones in restaurants!!! We went to dinner once and a friends girlfriend started showing Bella videos on her phone - blood boiling. We eat out a lot and never do it. Crayons, making a little man with your hands, patty cake, there’s a lot to do while waiting.

i do let her watch a movie in the car or plane if it’s 2+ hours. Because it makes everyone’s life easier.
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    @leksiL That's too cute!!! I get if that's what they want to wear lol. 
    TW
  • Options
    @leksiL DH and I just hate the comparison of infants to monkeys. I think they’re too similar and it freaks us out!
  • Options
    I am right there with you @daffodil_shoe and definitely don't think it makes you a bad mom. Because I definitely don't feel like a bad mom when I allow my 6 year old to be on my phone and watch a show or play a game. 
  • Options
    @elmann1 My son doesn’t get phone time except to FaceTime with family and to take  pics and videos to send to our big families. I do not want him addicted like my students are. 

Give me all the hand-me-downs. I didn’t mind my son being #13 of the cousins because we haven’t had to buy much. I only put nice clothes on him when he isn’t at daycare.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe definitely not a bad mom! I’ll be taking all three of my kids to my ultrasound on Tuesday (we don’t have people who can watch our kids very often) and better believe I’ll be bringing our arsenal of electronics to keep them preoccupied.
  • Options
    @daffodil_shoe I am solo parenting a lot because DH travels, so I am often reliant on my phone as a last resort so I can actually eat when we are out. Gotta do what you gotta do.