September 2019 Moms

June Randoms

Re: June Randoms

• @zuuls_mom that’s EXACTLY the problem. The longer you drink it, the warmer and nastier it gets. It’s not terrible when it’s icy cold. 
  • @zuuls_mom I always chug it down too, and twice got comments about how I had 'plenty of time left' and I'm thinking every second that goes by this thing is getting warmer!
  • Loading the player...
  • kdl89kdl89 member
    I am so jealous others got to choose their flavor, I got orange, and I kept it cold then drank it through a straw so I didn't have to taste it. I don't like how it makes me feel after I drink it. It's like sugar over load for my body!
  • I have no idea what flavor I got, they wrapped the instruction sheet around it with a rubber band and handed it to me at my last appointment, I just put it in the fridge without even checking... Guess I'll find out Monday morning when I have to drink it! I remember everyone talking about how horrid it was with my last pregnancy, but honestly I can't recall drinking it or what I thought of the taste, or the test experience at all... hoping that means I don't mind it? 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @LJMoon6 Pick something you think you'll like! I hate fruit punch, so I picked orange for the 2nd time (same with Baby 1). Honestly, I dont find it that bad. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • I didn’t want to comment on the US thread for some reason, so I’m tagging you here -

@cmdesigner She looks like she is squished up in there! 😂
  • Let’s get a little personal up in here... now that it’s finally summer and we’re in/almost into the 3rd tri, how are you handling your bikini line? I don’t think I’ll be able to see mine for much longer! Is waxing allowed/recommended when you’re pregnant? Should I just not GAF and let it go, and hope I don’t frighten young kids and teen lifeguards at the neighborhood pool?
  • @cammie0526 I think waxing is allowed, but I have DH clean it up for me 😂
  • @cammie0526 -You can totally wax but remember the skin is more delicate/sensitive due to extra blood pumping down there so the pain factor may go up. 

I am just planning to blind shave and hope for the best. 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cammie0526 I have a yearly sub to Euro Wax Center so I go for monthly bikini waxes. 
    I took all of first tri off, and then it was weird so I shaved and then waited long enough to be wax-worthy before going back. 
    The first wax was TRULY AWFUL. Like, I questioned if childbirth was actually the worst of the worst and dreaded my next appointment for every hour for the following four weeks.
    I had my second wax yesterday. It was MUCH better than the first. It hurt, but nothing like that last one. Definitely a bit cringe worthy, but for me, worth the zero maintenance. 
  • @cammie0526 I have a bachelorette party next weekend and was contemplating going in for a wax... I haven’t gotten one in a couple years so I’m afraid it will be hell but also feel like I need SOMETHING to make me feel semi-normal for that weekend... eeeeekkkkkkk
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kgg2241 ughhhh. I wanna know who it was!!

@cammie0526 I was able to shave the entire time with DS and it’s looking similar this go-round. However...I’m pretty flexible tho so I can still kinda see what the heck I’m doing down there.
  • My kid hit a line drive plastic baseball straight to my belly tonight. Let the sibling rivalry begin! Aaaaand I feel kind of bad for not guarding my belly! Wasn’t expecting it!!!! 
  • @blitzybee oof! Haha do you think the kid took aim? Hope you're ok!
  • @cammie0526 I use the electric trimmers and get pretty close, then I blindly shave.  But the trimmers do a pretty good job where I don't feel like the shaver is completely required.
  • @lillywonderland you're a tea drinker, right?  Do you drink caffeinated?  What kind do you drink?  I've always been a coffee drinker, but have been drinking waaaayyyy too many calories recently and was thinking about replacing my coffee (and whole milk) with tea...  Green tea is a hard pass for me, but I don't really know much about any other kinds...
  • @RedBreast35

I do indeed love tea! I normally drink an English Breakfast (with milk and splenda) first thing in the morning. I drink the caffeinated version, but it’s only like 1/3 of the caffeine as a small coffee. I usually drink a green tea with lemon in the later am (why you no like?!?). I also like the green teas blended with other fruit (currently on a green tea with peach mangosteen). White tea is a lighter tea and might be a good option as is a chamomile (and also Sleepy Time tea), but I usually drink those at night to relax. If you want something bolder you could do an Earl Grey. If you want something coffee-like a chai tea would be good. Good earth makes a good one. I personally hate the raspberry/fruity teas because they are just too fruity and sweet for me. 
  • @lillywonderland Thanks!! 
    All I can think about with green tea is that I imagine it's what swamp water would taste like... Like algae?
      sesame street idk GIF

The sleepytime or sleepytime mint are good at night, but not usually during the summer.  I'll have to try the English Breakfast and Earl Gray... Not sure I've ever even tried those before!

• @phillyftm haha, no aim, just whacking the ball as hard as he could! Baby is fine. I worked with children throughout my whole first pregnancy and my first born took a lot more bumps to the bump than that!

@lillywonderland and @RedBreast35 watching your conversation. I love tea as well, but haven’t found the right one that settles my cravings! I do have a pregnancy tea from the store that I drink sometimes and might try iced 🤷🏻‍♀️ I get overwhelmed when I look at teas that pregnant woman should or shouldn’t have, but hopefully a LOT has to be ingested for a negative reaction to anything?
  • @blitzybee tbh, that's part of the reason I asked.  I figured an educated, experienced, and KU tea drinker like @lillywonderland wouldn't recommend any of the bad-for-pregnant-lady ones  ;)  Are you normally a coffee drinker too?
  • @cammie0526 I agree with the waxing recommendation. Go to a reputable place like a waxing chain (European Wax center, Bliss spa, etc.) will it hurt the first time? Yes. But only during the actual wax, its over quickly, and you don't have to worry about it for 6 weeks. I ESPECIALLY recommend this right before your due date. Post partum with the healing of your lady bits, bleeding, stitches, all sorts of recovery - the last thing you want is unwanted hair getting stuck in any of that, (OUCH!!) and obviously you're not going near it with a razor. Go for the wax, you won't regret it! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @RedBreast35 Try one of the fruit flavored green teas - it’s a nice subtle blend and not too swampy. I like it sweetened with honey also! 😉 I can also get down with a peppermint tea, but I feel like it’s a little to Christmasy for summer, LOL.

@blitzybee It’s the “herbal” teas that are frowned upon during pregnancy. But there’s so much conflicting info out there so if you don’t drink a ton of it you’re prolly super safe. Black, green and oolong teas are absolutely safe during pregnancy. Also, I like the sibling rivalry comment! My sisters and I are super competitive and I loved playing sports/games with them. I have very fond memories of shouting matches over Uno.

Anywho, after baby comes I’ll prolly switch to one of the lactation teas - I’ve done the Yogi and Traditional Medicines ones.  They’re really not that bad. 

• I love me some tea but it definitely doesn't have enough caffeine for me. @RedBreast35 I like the english breakfast or earl grey most days. The one tea that actually got me to start liking teas in general was an orange spice tea. I make it with milk and honey. I don't make it too much any more. You have to find the right blend (some brands are terrible).
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @RedBreast35 Another tea lover here! If you're interested in making a transition into green tea (because yes, some tastes like grass!) I would recommend starting with Yogi brand Blueberry Slim Life. It's really hard not to enjoy :) 
  • Oooh I am loving this tea conversation!! Love all of @lillywonderland's suggestions. I've been way into Earl Gray this pregnancy when I normally prefer English Breakfast. I've also been drinking a lot of Tea Forte lately. They have a great loose leaf and sachet (if you don't want to steep) selection. Their Mountain Oolong and Darjeeling Quince are my two favorite black teas and African Solstice is my favorite herbal. Soooo yummy. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• RedBreast35RedBreast35 member
    edited June 2019
    LOL @zuuls_mom it’s like you’re speaking a foreign language 😂
  • @RedBreast35, @lillywonderland and I can show you a whole new wooooooorld! 

Image result for i can show you the world gif

*TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @LJMoon6 Actually, it makes a LOT more sense that he would already know what was going on. What doesn't make sense though is that he continued to come to work and make mistakes/errors. If I were to guess I bet someone pulled him aside, he fessed up to his diagnosis and was "forced" into medical leave. And honestly, if the diagnosis is life threatening, I can see how he wouldn't want to discuss that with anyone. (That's not personally how I would deal with it, but we're all different.) I'm just wishing the best for him.  
  • @LJMoon6 wishing your coworker the best, and that this development does mean he's getting what just happened checked out.
    @RedBreast35 and @LJMoon6 also a fan of english breakfast, earl grey and orange spice tea (though I have that plain) and just about no others - strong agreement on brand making a huge difference for all three (some earl greys taste great to me, some taste like someone melted a deodorant stick in the cup, and some taste like pond water; and there's only one orange spice I really like).
  • @LJMoon6 hmm, maybe he was in denial about his diagnosis? Like maybe taking medical leave would be too scary because he’d have to admit something was really wrong. Anyway I’m glad that he’s going to be taking time off. Hope everything works out. 
    @RedBreast35 get a fruit infused green tea like @lillywonderland suggested. I promise it won’t taste like grass (unless your taste buds are weird, in which case you’re fucked 😜).
  • Another August baby, y’all 🙀🙀🙀
  • @RedBreast35 try green tea with mint from Bigelow. So good and I don't need to use any sugar at all!
  • I’m having issues with mobile - both the app and just browsing the site via safari. I have to close down the app every time I want to switch boards. Is it just me?
  • @lillywonderland nope, happening with me too.  I just use the app on my phone, but on desktop everything seems to be fine.  Get your act together, TB!!!  
  • @RedBreast35 Ahhhhh. Don’t they know we have things to talk about and work to avoid?!?
  • @RedBreast35, @lillywonderland, @LJMoon6 Earl Grey is wonderful with a little sugar and cream. I like Twinnings and Bigelow, or the Earl Grey Creme from Teavana which you can find in Target, usually. Just shy of boiling  water for between 3-5 minutes depending on how strong you want it. 

I'm living for all y'all tea drinkers in here! I usually feel like I'm the only one in a sea of coffee people. I literally cried when Starbucks bought and closed down Teavana stores. And spent *way* too much money stockpiling my favorites. Pineapple Kona Pop is delicious and I still haven't found an adequate substitute. 

Anybody else channeling their inner youngster and playing the new HP game? Wizards Unite, Harry Potter a la Pokemon Go. 
  • @lillywonderland mine is working fine. At least so far. Mobile is guaranteed to act up on me at least once a day.