Questions?

Rants/Raves:

TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: High Risk Check-in - June

• Due date/W+D: Feb 15/5w3d

Why are you high risk? Incompetent cervix

Any new appointments?  I need to make one with my MFM.  He won’t scan until after eight weeks, so sometime soon I’ll do that.

Questions? No

Rants/Raves:  I usually have my cerclage placed at 13 weeks.  Unfortunately, my four year old is having dental work and has to be sedated that very week.  That combined with the fact I can’t request time off of work for mid August anymore means I will probably have to push back my cerclage to 14 weeks.  I am praying the week doesn’t make a difference and my MFM says that’s ok, otherwise I will have to call in sick.  Fingers crossed.

• Due date 2/14 6w2d Why high risk?? 38 years old, diabetic, recurrent losses. This is the earliest care I’ve been able to get prenatal care. Appointments?? Us scheduled for next Thursday. Questions?? Not really Rants?? I just wish I had some kind of appetite. I have nausea but no vomiting thank goodness. But nothing sounds good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: 6.5 weeks/ Feb 12th ish

Why are you high risk? History of preeclampsia and thrombocytopenia

Any new appointments? None yet. Its too early for them to care about me being high risk yet, but with my last pregnancy they told me I would always be considered high risk with any future pregnancies, but pre-E doesn't get going until week 20 at the earliest, and mine didn't happen until week 38 last time

Questions? Nope!

Rants/Raves: Just reaaaally hoping I don't develop thrombocytopenia again. That was the only scary part for me

• @kiwi2628 curious how low your platelet count got and how you were treated. I was induced at 39 weeks because of low platelets.
  • @jvk2012 funny story- I always did my OB appts on Wednesdays because thats when I have off. So at 38 + 2 weeks I did my wednesday appt and everything was normal with my urine and BP. That Sunday when I went into labor at 38 + 6, my BP was high and I had protein in my urine. They were doing BW for my epidural and thats when they found the low platelets at around 75k, so we aren't sure how long they had been low, but they wouldn't do the epidural. So I wasn't treated at all since I was already in labor and that was basically the treatment. My OB told me last time at my PP checkup that with future pregnancies I would be on baby aspirin starting at week 12 to decrease the risk of pre-E and thrombocytopenia, but we shall see.
  • @kiwi2628 very interesting! I had lowish platelets all pregnancy so they were monitoring my numbers closely. I was induced at 38 weeks because my platelets were 79,000 and I wanted to be able to get an epidural. Baby refused to come and my platelet count went back up while in the hospital so they let me go home after 3 days of trying. Then my count dropped again and I was induced successfully at 39 weeks and was able to get an epidural. Immediately after birth my BP shot up and stayed elevated and I needed meds for a few weeks to get it back under control. In talking with my RE before this pregnancy she looked at my platelet count and the high blood pressure after birth and said I may stay on a baby aspirin all pregnancy (I’m already on one as part of FET protocol). I will definitely be revisiting this with the RE and OB!
  • @jvk2012 yeaaaaa. I wasn't allowed to get an epidural, and my labor went so fast I didn't get any pain meds. I was SO MAD (and, you know, painful)- like not really, its no ones fault, just scared and panicked. Hoping to have the option this time although I may not get one if its a super fast labor again, but I would love to have the option.
  • AMA with a blood disorder over here. 

My last platelet count before delivery (after being on baby aspirin until like 37-38 weeks) was up to 111. I did get 3 (mostly failed) epidurals with my failed induction / CS and back labor. My platelets were more than double that the next time I had them checked months after birth. Some women just get ITP-P. I do have a blood disorder, but usually the VWD levels go up during pregnancy. 

I still need to get access to my birth records, mainly since I was knocked out and DH wasn’t allowed in the room. There was so much we weren’t told until I started asking questions. My OB office didn’t have the hospital records. I wanted to know if I should attempt VBAC and found out my son was brow presentation (different from sunny side up). The last thing I remember was being rushed into the OR and shaking uncontrollably, which they seemed to think was at least partly anxiety. I don’t know if my BP spiked or what, because I heard something about “mag” and then I was out. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Oh my gosh! That’s so scary! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • I’m high risk due to a previous spinal injury and also due to being pregnant with twins at 37.
    EDD: 2/14
    we had an early scan due to spotting, but everything looked fantastic and we have our next scan on 6/26. I’m looking forward to that and being moved to an MFM appointment for monitoring after that.  The upside to being high risk is all of the ultrasounds, right?