Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 6/19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 6/19

• Options

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: tracking, cm, hio, 

R/R: Thanks for all the support yesterday regarding my random CM, and my O being all over the place. I think I will use OPK's next month to see exactly where I am. 

CS/Q: Any recommendations on a brand of OPK's?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @MrsVP614 I love when O is over the weekend! So much more time for HIO without impacting sleep. (I think I’m getting old haha)
  • Options
    @mrswiswell I use clear blue digital and wondfo. I’m new to wondfo, so I’m doubling up with clear blue this cycle. 

@MrsVP614 yay for the fertile CM and getting to HIO! Come on, O! 

@bows22 I use a thermometer that also has no backlight and is quiet to beep... sometimes I don’t hear it beep because of MH snoring. 😂🤣 if this process goes on for a few more months, I may need to invest in a new one. 
  • Options
    @EmilyLove25 yay for positive OPK! My first cycle AL I was an-O, so I’m glad your body went back to normal! I still fear I won’t O... but I’m hoping I do. We HIO as soon as I get the positive, then the next day if we are feeling it. We try not to put pressure on it, for the same reason you mentioned. 
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @EmilyLove25 I’m sure there will people that answer you that know way more than me but I’d say too early is better than too late so I’d do today if I had to pick. But my O comes pretty quickly after a + so that might be making me biased with my answer 
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 I'm terrible at gardening, but have SO MUCH space for it.  I wish I was wealthy and could afford a gardener!  Glad you had a great birthday!

@mrswiswell I have used Wondfos and Easy@Home brand off Amazon.  They're pretty much the exact same thing, but the Easy@Home has an app you can download that helps you to analyze if your results are mid, high, or peak.  I like them!

@MrsVP614 I love when peak happens over the weekend!  Weekday HIO can be such a chore after we've had long days!

@bows22 My thermometer isn't backlit either.  Someone recently posted a bluetooth one I've been tempted to buy, but I keep hoping each cycle will be the last one with my cheap BBT, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.  I think it was also made by Easy@Home, and was relatively inexpensive.

@EmilyLove25 I follow SMEP, which says to HIO the day you get a + OPK, the next day, then skip a day, and do one more.  MH is turning 39 in 2 days and usually responds best if I don't just say "We need to have sex tonight" and put some effort in to be more sexy about it, hahaha!  I can usually give him the signal with some neck kissing, but sometimes I put something skimpy on and play some music to really set the mood.  We've been trying to make it more enjoyable and intimate lately.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @ejoseph16 glad you had a great bday! Hope yard work isn’t too bad today!

@mrswiswell I used Wondfos last cycle and they worked but it was kind of a pain to have to hold my pee and not drink for 4hrs twice a day. This cycle I’m using Clearblue advanced that you can use with FMU but still reading low so not sure if they’ll work for me or not yet. They are a lot more expensive! (Like 3x the price for less than half the sticks 😕)

@MrsVP614 hope O is here soon for you 

@bows22 glad the training went well! Yay for YH coming home. I’m also interested in thermometer recs bc I might try temping again next cycle. I have the target brand one but I’ve heard that one isn’t recommended bc it favors temps. 

@EmilyLove25 if you guys feel up to it I’d do day of OPK but if not taking a day off and doing following day is good too. Really up to you.

@shamrocandroll I definitely keep a WTO and TWW note on my phone so I can copy and paste and just change the CD/DPO as needed 🤣 hope you have a great time in VT
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options

Month/Cycle:2/2

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, CM, Pre Seed, PNV, EOD

R/R: ugh I’m going on day 4 of EWCM and my Clearblue Advanced are still reading low so I’m pretty frustrated with my body. Looking like O is not going to be early after all. 

CS/Q: How long does semen stay in the vagina? I usually don’t check/trust CM the next morning after HIO but can I not trust it the following evening? 2nd morning after? Im worried I’m confusing EWCM and semen though it had been almost a week since HIO when I first saw EWCM and then yesterday morning it’d been 36 hours...

EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @varimama I hate the semen/EWCM dilemma.  I usually wait until later in the day to check CM the morning after we HIO.  36 hours should be enough to not still be having large amounts coming out.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @stassischroeder I'll probably steal that idea and just start saying "the usual".  If anyone is super concerned I'm not doing enough, they can always ask, right?  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll Glad you’re doing better! You’ve also now prompted me to save this template in my phone to make things easier.

@varimama Thank you for asking this question! I had the same dilemma this morning wondering what exactly was coming out of me. 😬 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options

@varimama I definitely read something that was like "how to tell the difference" btw CM & sperm, but I don't remember where/what! It's not in TCOYF bc I just indexed all her references to "seminal fluid." Anyway-- at some point, you can squeeze the SF out bc the sperms will have to had made their way to those nooks and crannies in the cervix to wait to swim or started to swim already towards the egg if they're gonna make it. I just don't remember how long after HIO you can do that? 2 hours?

@shamrocandroll Yay for it being yr Friday! Will we not hear from you until you get back from your trip? Glad you are less grouchy! Also glad we are SMEP sisters again. I want to be the posterchild for SMEP this cycle.

@bows22 My BBT is not backlit & has a soft beep, too. I just got used to it, though I keep hoping there's something wrong w/ it so I can get a better one lol. I just got the cheapest one I could find when we started. I feel like closer to the $20 range there are some decent ones on Amazon.

@EmilyLove25 Yes, to echo @bows22! Earlier = better than too late. The sperms need time to swim to the egg. Once you know you've O'd, it could be too late. I feel like there has to be some way to make it feel like there's less pressure? We try to make jokes about it? Also I try to dress in clothes I would not normally wear that look extra good on me? I'm not subtle lol.

@ejoseph16 Glad you had a good birthday!

@stassischroeder HIO quietly can be fun! GL! Also +1 for disliking the WAYDTGKU question, but then again I learned a lot from stalking other ppl's. I think this cycle I'm gonna get mine on copy/paste and save it somewhere so I don't have to think to hard bc it's the morning, not my best thinking time.

@mrswiswell I second everything @stassischroeder said above about OPKs.

Month/Cycle: 9/5AL

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: PNV, FF, BBT, OPK, CM, RLT, GFJ, SMEP, VitD, omegas, eating/living pretty clean, green tea, COQ10, probiotic

R/R: Got some work in on my dissertation yesterday, so that's too good days in a row! Meeting w/ my buddy again tomorrow since we missed our meet-up last week. It's been a good week for my grad school work! As for rants, it's been super hot out at night and during the day. Typically, our nights are tolerable in the summer down here, and I do love the heat, but also need to run whatever window unit is in the room I'm in when sitting = sweating & I've been trying not to when possible bc I don't want the electric bill to be toooo high.

CS/Q: One lonely temp! (Two actually, I guess, if you count the one from when I had AF. Chart not really worth sharing at this point, but also I love sharing my chart lol sooo--I get a nice, pretty dotted line)

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom Tomorrow is my Friday, so I plan to be around until then.  After that, you will likely not hear much from me until Monday, although we'll be doing some driving, so I might check in via mobile, but probably won't do dailies while I'm gone.  My SMEP plan is as follows: CD12, 14, 16, (O should happen around 17-18 based on my cycle history), and hopefully that'll put me in a good position (no pun intended) for -1, O, and +1, give or take.  I'm going to be away for a bachelorette party on CD 15, so FX my +OPK doesn't happen that day!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom Oooh where you guys going?  I agree it is more fun.  MH and I have a shared Google map of every state we've done it in, hahaha.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom I'm LOLing at "I'm not subtle", because I'm not either. On Friday (-4 before O), we went to dinner for date night and I wore the tightest tank top and skirt in my closet, and made sure to order the oysters for an appetizer. Haha!
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @shamrocandroll have fun with your cousin! I’m glad you are feeling better!

@varimama I have the semen vs CM question a lot too. I usually go with once I get home from work the next day, then I think it’s CM

@stassischroeder good luck with the quiet HIO but I am very impressed that you guys are going attempt it with your dad in the house. I think I would forever wonder if he heard anything. 

@kagesstarshroom I feel like you are getting so much done on your dissertation this summer! I don’t really know how it works but is there a due date?
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll We're going to NJ for my cousin's wedding! (My Dad helped pay for the trip, thankfully. I'm still hoping I can find a dress at Good Will, too, bc I like having a new dress when I go to a wedding!)

@bows22 No real due date for the diss., no. I want to get as much of it done before the fall semester starts though--preferably not only an entire first draft but also to have begun edits. I wanted to graduate this past May though, so I feel forever "behind" because that didn't happen. I'm aiming for this fall or spring, depending on... things **TW loss**
    I had a cp during this past fall semester & an mmc w/ a d&c in the spring semester though, so I have legit good reasons that I didn't get it done bc...well one required surgery and both = depression, but I still give myself a hard time for not meeting my goal.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom Fun!!!  Weddings make things extra romantic, too.  Especially with a few drinks, in our case.  I'm sure you'll find a dress for cheap somewhere!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    *lurking from TWW*

@bows22 @MrsVP614 I feel the same way about weekend peak FW time! My next FW falls over July 4th weekend. We will finally get the morning HIO sessions that I truly hope does the trick! 😂
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options

@stassischroeder Good luck sneaking the HIO in with guests. Always fun!

@kagesstarshrom Thank you! And I am definitely going to put on clothes later that I wouldn’t normally wear haha. Also what are you studying for your PhD? I truly hated writing my dissertation (English-Lit) and was decidedly not good at doing it haha.

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 I use CBAD OPKs as well and when I get the solid smile I HIO that day and the day after. We do SMEP and they say if you really can't hit both days once you get the peak then definitely aim for the 2nd day of the reading. Hope that helps! 
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 I'm an English & Creative Writing major, so my diss. is a poetry collection, a play, and a critical essay--the critical essay part is where I am backed up, but I'm really almost done a first draft--finally. I am not hating the process, but I'm hating how hard it's been for me to be productive, so I am glad to have had some truly productive weeks recently. I have to teach two classes/semester to keep my assistantship, and I really put my all into teaching, it makes it hard to make dissertation progress. (Also, I do too many things: I ran a reading series this year, I run an indie lit mag for fun, I was on student government for two years during my time here. This year, finally, I'm doing nothing but teaching and trying to graduate.)
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 hopefully you O soon! All signs point that direction!
    @mrswiswell I use Wondfos because I am a) cheap and b) a POAS addict.
    @bows22 I have the same gripe about Mabis. I can't tell you how many times I've layed there waiting for a beep, only to realize it beeped a full 90 seconds before. Awkward.
    @EmilyLove25 If I had to choose, I would choose the one of the positive OPK.
    @varimama my OB just told me sperm can survive for 72 hours. I can tell you for sure that EWCM and semen are super different things consistency wise. EWCM is more like snot...it should make a string between your fingers if you spread them apart. 

• Options
    @varimama @WorkingOnMyNightCheese Sperm can survive bc it swims out of the SF and into the CM & hides out in the cervix, though, I think SF leaves before sperm dies, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese Stoked for your positive OPK. I hope we both get DH's to HIO tonight. And I can't wait to see you over in TWW, where I am EXTRA in all the wrong ways always. Blah.
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    @stassischroeder hope you have fun with your dad and step mom! We too will be having quiet sex this weekend bc we’ll be with family at a hotel for a wedding! I have the leaf but yea it doesn’t do BBT and it doesn’t have a clock which oddly annoys me so I stopped wearing it. It is pretty though. 

@kagesstarshroom glad you’ve been productive with your dissertation! Sorry you feel bad about not graduating when you wanted to but sounds like your reasons would have made anyone graduate late. Hope you can take it a bit easier in the fall! 

@WorkingOnMyNightCheese yay for positive OPK!! 

Thanks everyone who weighed in on the SF vs CM debacle. I’m going to assume if it’s afternoon the following day it’s CM then. In all cases I’ve been questioning I’ve found it to be snot like in consistently so I’m probably good earlier than that. Gonna keep HIO EOD just in case OPKs are wrong I guess (though it sounds silly since I typed it out that I always jump to that conclusion with OPKs and pregnancy tests when I’ve never had it be the case 🤦🏻‍♀️)

EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    edited June 2019
    @kagesstarshroom you are definitely being too hard on yourself, totally understandable that you wouldn’t be able to get it done in the spring. Plus you are rocking it now!

@WorkingOnMyNightCheese yes that’s exactly what would happen to me too with the mabis! Or I’d like fall asleep waiting for it. Ugh. Yay for the +OPK though! Have fun!

@keikilove  I usually feel like I know the method to FF’s madness but your chart has me stumped. I guess it must be because of the first +OPK? But I feel it should at least be giving you dotted CH. and thanks for the thermometer rec. going to check that one out for sure. Although not disturbing DH is last on my list of criteria. Does that make me a mean wife? Haha

Edit for typo

• Options
    @keikilove It might be the temps close to the cover line on days 6 + 7 that are making FF predict 14 instead of 16? If that makes sense?

@bows22 thanksssssssss. <3<3<3