So ITCHY! — The Bump
August 2019 Moms

So ITCHY!

have a question.... I have been super itchy for about 4 days now. My hands, legs, feet, belly... you name it! Its driving me insane. I was put on Glyburide last week due to my Gestational Diabetes... could this be a side effect? Or is it normal to just itch this late in pregnancy? This is my 3rd pregnancy but the first time with twins so I am unsure what to expect. I have an appointment Wednesday for a regular check up but I dont know if my sanity will last that long with this itch!

Re: So ITCHY!

• If you google itchiness in pregnancy you will see that it can take from normal skin stretching symptoms to symptoms of cholestasis.

Ask your doctor for medical advice. 

Warning: You probably won't get much feedback here considering you haven't introduced yourself or invested in the community for the last 6-7 months of being pregnant and just came out of nowhere posting your own special thread. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

chillycanadianwabash15
  • @aylamoosmommy That sounds so uncomfortable! I'm so sorry. I have not experienced that; I've just had typical itching on my growing belly and boobs. I feel like massive persistent itching could be indicative of something more serious but I honestly don't have any medical knowledge to offer. Hang in there and definitely bring it up to your doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • kaylaefkaylaef
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper
    I had PUPPS with my 1st. It was worse then labour. Hopefully that isnt the case for you. It started in my stretch marks and eventually covered my body. Pretty distinctive though has its usually accompanied by hive like skin irritations.