February 2020 Moms
Options

How should we do updates?

In the “board organization” thread, there is discussion on how we should do updates.

We can either continue weekly ones based on the week you’re due (Feb 1-7, etc). Or we can do ticker change days (if you’re due on a Monday, you participate only in the Monday ticker change one).

What say you?

How should we do updates? 34 votes

Weekly change thread
61% 21 votes
Day of the week ticker change
38% 13 votes

Re: How should we do updates?

• Options
    Bump!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    Just pointing out if we have 400 members in a few months the due date week threads will have 100 members potentially to participate. It is hard to get to know each other with that many and people can be intimidated.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    The other BMBs are all doing it the first way. But I honestly don’t really care myself. We could technically do both but with different types questions? But maybe in a month or so see how the girls like one or the other and do another vote? But since it is the beginning of the week we should do something. Just throwing it out there!  
    TW
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    @brookert615 oh dear god don’t do both! I was just explaining my reasoning. If you want to do the bigger check-ins that’s fine. I could just see there being 50 posts by Tuesday and people just being overwhelmed. I don’t have a ton of time but we have STM threads I can participate in.
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    I was just trying to find a way to make everyone happy lol. I also have never seen the ticker change check-ins since those were done before my time. I can create the weekly checkins for now since that’s got the highest votes and maybe down the road we can re-evaluate? 
    TW
  • Options
    I’m used to the ticker change so I’d lean that way but I can be ok with the other way too!
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    @brookert615 sure let’s try it this way and see how manageable it is
    Married Jan 2008 

• Options
    craftywitchcraftywitch member
    edited June 2019
    I'm interested to see how big this group gets. I know we're still waiting on the last week to find out they're pregnant, but a lot of our intros are us chatting and congratulating each other. Are there a lot of women who don't join until later? I can't remember from my last BMB...
  • Options
    Looking at the other BMBs there’s stragglers but it doesn’t seem like an overwhelming amount of women. 
    TW
  • Options
    @craftywitch I didn’t join my other one until about 14 weeks. So I guess others will show up eventually. But it’s always that core group that really participates. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020