August 2019 Moms

Weekly Bitchfest 6/10

Re: Weekly Bitchfest 6/10

• @moon1417 - I'm like that kid, sneaking in at the end :D  

**History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• I am very tired this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. My legs were very achey and then I woke up with a Charlie horse in my calf at 7 this morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Allycat11 DD2 is only 2.5 but she's stubborn with pooping in the potty. She is pretty good about peeing but then asks for a specific pull up just to poop. Drives me CRAZY. Im sorry your DH doesnt understand the urgency.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• aukeevaukeev member
    @Beauxbaton So sorry! I'm getting charlie horses a few nights a week now that always wake me up. They're the worst. 

@Allycat11 I'm sorry the potty training process has been frustrating. Some kids just get it later than others! My best friend's son turned 3 in late March and they're going through the same thing. He's just not interested and they haven't found something that motivates him yet. Good luck with your SIL!
  • @Allycat11 sorry he is not interseted. I used to babysit for a little boy who would not potty train. He was just shy of 5 and the light turned on and in a day he was done with diapers. Would  preschool let him do pull-ups? I think its hard to have that rule since some kids are just not developmentally ready (especially boys) and that is totally normal.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @Allycat11 - DD1 will be 3 in 3 weeks. She DGAF about potty training and is hell on wheels. We encourage, too, but she will literally tell me "I'd rather go in my diaper, I don't want to use the toilet" ... I feel your pain and hope that the "switch" goes off (for both of us!) very soon. I completely understand your frustration and sense of urgency (I think that only activates with a second X-chromosome ;) ).

@Beauxbaton - I've not experienced cramps or Charley horses yet, but I hear they're awful and I'm sorry. Have you talked to your doctor about magnesium supplements or anything like that? I've also found a magnesium lotion that I rub on my belly and legs a few nights a week - I had heard that the uptake through the epidermis is pretty efficient - *just in case* since the temps are really dialing up now. Best of luck. Sleeping issues SUCK.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited June 2019
    SCREW TB and their little ads in these threads. I just saw one for Tillamook ice cream which is - apparently - now available at Publix. I was OBSESSED with Tillamook when I lived in Wa state and it got my hopes up. The closest Publix is 50.2 miles away. I'm so rage-y right now, knowing it's possibly that close :angry:

ETA: I moved away from Wa almost 20 years ago, so this is a loooooooong festering hole in my soul. Hence the rage.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @wabash15 i dont think they will allow pull ups. I may ask if we get to that point. This is year 5 in a row for our family at that school so we are comfortable with the teachers but I get that they have rules. One of my bffs teaches there so I may mention it next time we hang out, if there is a way around it she will tell me. My mom used to teach preschool back when our state had a december 1st cut off date so they would have kids in the 3s class who were not even 3 yet. She constantly complained about parents who could not just potty train their kids so they would send them in pull ups...it makes me so mad looking back. I do not understand why there is this expectation that all kids must potty train by 3 when so many are not ready. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Yes, @Allycat11, I'm right there with you! DD1 has all the capacity to communicate, but I don't think she's gotten the "sense of urgency" detection down, she will tell us here and there ... but only AFTER it happens. Some kids just ... do things on different timelines. It's frustrating when others either have the ability+time (see: some SAHM or educators during a long break, etc) or someone *happens* to get a motivated/early training kid and they make you feel "less than" when there's really not much that can be done.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @Allycat11 that seems like such an early cutoff to be potty trained. My nephew legit didn't potty train until like 4. Once he was ready he trained in like a Day. Having a cuttoff to be potty trained just seems like a way to add unneeded stress on parents and children.

@MamaK225 I'm actually waiting to go to my ob appoinntment now and I intend to ask about what I can take for it because my legs have also been super restless. And I need some damn sleep 
  • Well my doctor couldn't secure the 7:30am slot for 7/26 so I'm back to the white board with my RCS.. my doctor is def. not performing my C-section so I think I'll just go with who ever is on call 8/2 on my due date unless she would rather I be seen by a particular doctor which if that's the case I'll do whatever my doc suggests.

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Sorry to hear @moon1417 :'( Would your doc offer up some info on the others on-call or on rotation during that week - and possibly meet them between now and then? I feel 7 weeks is plenty of time to try to do it :) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• aecmaecm member
    @moon1417 That’s a huge bummer. I would def. ask your OB who she would pick to do a c-section if she was in your shoes - in my experience doctors won’t bad-mouth each other, but if you ask directly they’ll give you an honest answer about who is really good. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Not sure if I wrote about it on here or not but I had found a harbor seal pup on our local dog beach earlier this month.  Marine Mammal center picked her up because she was injured.  I emailed them for an update and unfortunately she had passed away due to several ailments and injuries.  I am so saddened by this news.  I cried.   I am so grateful she was able to at least given a chance to survive. 
  • @agpandme if you ever have a chance to tour TMMC its an amazing facility and they do such good work. Their volunteers and staff are so dedicated. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 yes I have been! It is such a treasure to have for our marine mammals.  I am grateful we have a few volunteers in our area.  I had called literally every emergency line I could because I couldn't get through to MMMC at first.  No one else cared except MMMC.  Extremely frustrating at the time and I am very disappointed in F&W, Local LEO, Sheriff department, State parks...The local Police literally whined to me because the seal wasn't visible from the parking lot. They actually would have had to do work and walk across the beach to look at her.  They left shortly after, doing nothing, helping no one.  Useless for that situation. All I asked them to do was to keep people away from the seal. Its an off leash dog beach in the center of town, very high traffic.  Anyway, I am glad I was finally able to contact the right people and the seal was given a chance to survive. 
  • @Allycat11 Sorry about the potty training woes. It can be incredibly frustrating so hoping it clicks for him soon (or that he wants to try!)

@MamaK225 Tillamook Mudslide ice cream has been my jam lately. Soo good.

@agpandme aw, that’s so sad. Glad you were able to help the seal and give it a chance!

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    YALL. 

I know my mother is beyond thrilled to be a first time grandma. Like over the moon. I get it. 

But she she bought a FATHERS DAY card for ME to give to MY HUSBAND for HIS FIRST FATHERS DAY! 

• @jmesue1030 that may be my plan. He was in a 2's classroom last year where diapers were allowed and he rarely needed to be changed while there so we will see. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 Holy drama! What are the chances? Do you think someone saw your SIL at the ice cream place and told M?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Lotus_2008 Doubtful. There was a fundraiser tonight that we both would want to support so it makes sense that she was there. What are the odds of the exact same.time though? M never would have confronted her. Her back was to us and we definitely did not need to leave....but SIL was uncomfortable. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @MamaK225 i think i love you. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 wow what a turn of events. How she was best friends with her lovers wife is crazy to me.. idk if I’m just being judgy but that takes a special kind of person. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @Allycat11 that SIL drama is something else... 
  • @MamaK225 ok I live in the land of Publix.  What is this ice cream you speak of?
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    No........ how? How to you pretend to be someone’s best friend while your having an affair with her husband? 
  • Thank you sane people for agreeing SIL is a pretty terrible person in this situation! It is not like she had a one night stand with some random guy. For literally years she was betraying her husband and her best friend on a regular basis. This is a whole different level of betrayal. When all of this blew up a few years ago MIL kept talking about poor SIL and how it was unfair that her husband couldn't trust her and how we needed to be there for her during this difficult time. Um, no. All of this was her choice. DH and I have had long chats about how there is no chance either of us could get over that level of betrayal. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @moon1417 - The only way one can: BETRAYAL of trust on all fronts (the spouse, the best friend, etc). I had a "friend" who did a very similar thing (her and her best friend's husband had an affair for about 2 years behind their spouses' backs, then once caught, she had a "mental breakdown" *eye roll*).

Agreed @Allycat11.

@purplg8r - Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, look it up next time you go. Tillamook. In the summers they put out a blackberry-ish ice cream (I believe it's swirled with vanilla - and it could be gooseberry or something similar, it's been nearly 20 years after all ...) that is AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING. If you find it, please send a pic and let me know it's real. If it's made it to FL, it will definitely had made it to SC and I will be driving that 100 mile roundtrip for several containers :# 
    **History in Spoiler**

• @Allycat11 that is one amazing evening... your SIL is some piece of work! I can't even imagine... 
    @mamak225 you are my people!

my FWP BF... the twins are in swim lessons at an indoor pool... during their lessons I have been water walking/swimming which is delightful and I was very much looking forward to it. well we had thunderstorms last night... so they would not let anyone in the pool even though its INDOORS and grounded... So I got my big ol' pregnant butt in a swim suit, wrangled the kids through the rain to the pool only to sit sweating my ass off while they read stories instead of getting in the water... then both twins were in tears because they couldn't get in the pool.... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• aecmaecm member
    @wabash15 - I would have had a murderous look in my eye after that experience! We still do “mommy and me” lessons, and about a month ago a kid pooped in the pool like, 5 minutes into the lesson so the entire pool needed to be “evacuated” and lessons rescheduled...I try not to get too mad about it b/c one day it could be my kid pooping in the pool (but goodness, I really hope not 🤦🏻‍♀️)...at the same time it was a HUGE pain to get the kid and my pregnant butt in and out of swim suits for 5 minutes in the pool. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I super strongly dislike instant messaging services in the work place (ie Jabber) because of people's expectations for an instantaneous response and availability. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Yesterday DS2 turned 2! After work I ran home to start cleaning and cooking because MH family was coming over for cake. I made penne vodka quickly and was still cleaning when they started arriving. MH gets out of work late, comes home goes to the bathroom for 20mins then joins the party with a beer. His dr specifically said he should not drink beer anymore. His boss just passed away last weekend so boom I’m annoyed. His family helps themselves to the penne vodka.. ok. When it’s time to sing to the two year old, i had to personally invite all 4 of them to get off the couch and come into the kitchen to sing because at that point they had finished a bottle of wine, the rest of the vodka and some beers. Hello. It was a freaking Tuesday and my sons second birthday. What is wrong with you people? Everyone finally leaves and MH goes to put birthday boy to sleep and never comes back down to help me clean. This morning he apologizes saying he was tired. HE was tired. Him. I’m a little crazed right now so forgive me. We have the real birthday party this Saturday. DS1 has his last track and field tonight, Thursday i have my infusion plus reg ob appt and DS1 has dr appt too then we have the wake to attend. There is no time to clean and organize for the party on Saturday and I’m losing my mind. 
  • @moon1417 ditto on the sick fascination. 

@wabash15 I would have been sooooo mad! It is a ton of work to get kids ready for swim lessons. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• hemlheml member
    edited June 2019
    @mia8263 Can you hire someone to help you clean? Say no to or cancel some activities? No reason to feel that kind of stress. It’s taken me 30+ years to realize VERY few things are “have tos” and it’s fine to say no to or cancel things. (Also thanks to Brene Brown for help with this)
  • @mia8263 - <3 and all the creepy internet hugs. I feel this in my soul. DH is doing similar things and it's about to send me over the edge. I've been nothing but quiet, calm, and openly communicative about everything for the last few months because he's been over-stressed at work (btw - I'm experiencing the same stress/stressors because we work FOR THE SAME COMPANY) and he complains about how I'm "always" screaming and yelling. So what do I get for trying to give him some space and be less yell-y? The nursery is at 0%, I'm still managing 100% of the mental load at home, and 100% of the things I told him I *really need* him to be doing with DD1 so it's not such a shock to her system, come August 9th. :# I'll say a little prayer for both of us.

@peachy0709 - Not for nothing, I have been INTENTIONALLY setting my "status" as Appear Busy or Appear Away and/or blocking my calendar so that it shows up that way in the messenger ... that way it forces these conversations into being "missed" conversations and sends me an email in my inbox, to which I then send replies when I actually have time. I know it may not work in all circumstances, but I've also been slowly notifying people that with my impending maternity leave, my focus is (1) on continuing to do my job AND (2) prepare for the transition for my being out for 10+ weeks, so anything that is TRULY important would be best suited to go through my inbox, not messenger. I normally do like the chatting function (we use Skype), but it's been a huge PITA lately for me, too.

@wabash15 - Noooooooo, I'm so sorry to hear that ... that really sucks. Hugs.

My BF is that I've been working my ass off to get everything at work smoothed out and settled with the whole new Financial Data Systems integration - and all my sh@t went off without a hitch. However, several people (one of whom I absolutely despise and was happy to throw under a bus today - which is not normal for me) have caused me immense stress and heartache because they DID. NOT. DO. THEIR. DAMN. JOB. And these people have all taken vacations this year (because they've been out when I've tried to make sure they WERE on-track with the implementation, THOUGH THAT'S NOT MY JOB), when I've only had 5 days off all of 2019 (last week), despite having some issues with pregnancy in which I really should have taken some others off. Grr. So now I'm having to squeeze into my boss' schedule so I can sit with him and explain all these things so I don't get my ass handed to me in my mid-year performance review BECAUSE I've been building a case for a step-increase to go into effect before I go on maternity leave - which I feel is going to be squashed because of these [all the swear words] idiots and I just want to scream, cry, and stab people. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

ALSO: since returning to work this week, baby has had SIGNIFICANTLY decreased activity because of the stress. I've also noticed that my jaw has been sore every evening because I'm holding all my stress in my jaw. Since it looks like all my hard work is going to be overlooked because of some incompetent assholes, I'm almost thinking of having my doctor write me out early ... or begin working from home more because CLEARLY this place is going to cause me some issues very soon.
    **History in Spoiler**