TTC After a Loss
Options

Intro- New Here ***TW LC Mention***

Hello All, 

I first want to say how sorry I am that we have all found ourselves here. I have been lurking for awhile and I have decided it is time to introduce myself. I have been married to a wonderful husband for eleven years. As part of our life goals, we always said we wanted three children. ***TW LC Mention*** In 2012, we had our first daughter with no complications. Then in 2014 we suffered our first heartbreaking miscarriage. Soon after in 2015, we went on to have another beautiful daughter. *** TW End***. I was not sure with having one miscarriage if I wanted to try again for more children. I knew the possibility of having another miscarriage was possible, but decided why not at least try. I am sad to say at 8 weeks in April we lost our beautiful baby after seeing a heartbeat. The last few weeks have been some of the hardest moments of my life. 

We have decided to try again. We are in the process of seeing an RE to figure out what is going on.I have always thought my miscarriages may have been contributed to my late ovulation ( I have longer cycles). However, so far through this process I have learned I have hypothyroidism, some blood clotting factors, and my body is not wanting to absorb folic acid. Last week I went through an HSG and waiting for the results of that assessment. My DH and I also went through genetic testing and were found to be negative for any genetic factors. I have such mixed feelings about the findings of my tests. I am thankful we are making progress, but I feel so betrayed by my body. The hardest part of all this is finding out my miscarriage may have been contributed to something else other than chromosome issues. That I could have conceived a perfectly healthy baby. My heartbreaks over thinking this. 

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group. I have found such solace in just reading some of your posts and knowing I am not alone in this journey. I hope I can offer support to all of you as well. 

Re: Intro- New Here ***TW LC Mention***

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss @Mamaof2beautifulgirls and I'm sorry for the not so great test results. I hope you and your RE can come up with a game plan and that your stay here is short.
  • Options
    Sorry for your losses.  Hopefully RE comes up with a plan.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m sorry for your losses. I’m also sorry that your results have left you feeling betrayed by your body. I hope your RE is able to find a plan for you that ends with you having a take home baby. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope working with an RE helps you through this process. I know how hard it is when you feel like your losses could have been your fault, and I'm so sorry you're feeling that way. Please know it was not your fault. If you have any questions or need to talk, please reach out. The ladies on this board are truly wonderful.
  • Options
    Welcome and I’m sorry for your losses! Hopefully joining in on this board will help you! 
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! I am feeling much better from my original post. Finding out my tests results were so overwhelming.