July 2019 Moms

Check-In w/o 6/9 (All Weeks!)

Hey mamas, thought it would be nice to combine all weeks together, now that we have a smaller group!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out?  

Re: Check-In w/o 6/9 (All Weeks!)

• Loading the player...
  • @Panaceia that lady ... WTF ... I’m glad you didn’t move! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 - 36+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Papaya 

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: OB on Thursday. Taking a baby care class this evening.

How are you feeling?: Tired. Getting frustrated about not being able to reach things and feeling like a turtle stuck on my back when I try to get up off the bed or out of a chair

Rants/Raves:  

DH put together the crib, and we got the car seat inspected at our police station! Celebrated DH’s birthday, and he loved the cake I made. 

Our AC isn’t working, but DH bought a new fan, so I’m basically living in front of it. He’s trying hard to get it fixed ASAP so we can keep the LO cool. 

He also nervous that the LO will find the crib too big to start with, so I showed him the Halo bassinet. If he feels strongly about it, I told him that was my suggestion. I’ll have to wait and see what happens on that one! 

Questions: 

I have so many, but I can’t think of anything at the moment! Pregnancy brain has just about completely short circuited my system. 

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out?  

Frozen strawberry margarita, please! 

• edited June 2019

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 37wks

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍈 

Team:
    Green

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Weekly visit Thursday 

How are you feeling?:  very tired! Work is increasingly hard- med surg nursing preg is no joke.

Rants/Raves:  I’m so ready for maternity leave it’s insane lol. I also feel so bad for my husband he wants sex so bad 😂

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out?  Pino Grigio! 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:July 18th 

Baby is the size of a(n): cabbage 

Team:Blue Upcoming

Appointments: massage on Wednesday :)

How are you feeling?: sore, overwhelmed most  days   

Rants/Raves: rave: SO got the washer and dryer hooked up in our new house, hoping to start moving some furniture and clothes there soon. Kitchen is still not finished...but we can make due with a fridge and microwave. Rant: FIL is being an ass to me again and i snaped at him, now me and SO are fighting...

GTKY: What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out? Id really like a glass of moscato, and to go back to my old eating habbits, ive been indulging a bit too much now.
  • @mamanbebe I have all the fingers crossed for a more positive appointment tomorrow.  And I had zero idea that there were acupuncture treatments for labor prep.  I'm probably a no--i thought about it for when we did our FET but decided against it then too.  I like the idea, just not the actually process.

@mama_bear19 Yes--all the cold cut subs is on my wish list as well!

@nolemomma14 hmmm I might have to look into this red raspberry leaf tea--do you have a specific brand that you like?

@cindler I downloaded one that is just called "contractions" it's super basic but you just push the button to start and stop and it does all the math / pattern tracking for you.  The reviews seemed fine.  

@bartonolivia are you taking anything for the constipation? I was doing pretty well but it's been over 36 hours for me now and i just feel there is zero room left for more food.  Glad you're done with the annoying wedding stuff.

@Panaceia Oh my goodness--i'm sorry to hear you are so sick.  Did you call you doctor? or are you able to at least stay hydrated? Also, that lady should be ashamed. 

@hestia14 I feel like your replacement is setting herself up for disaster.  I mean good luck to her. 

@jennm0724 I need to get my roomba working again. i loved it at first but MH hates it so i stopped having it go automatically--big mistake.   

@Cbeanz Thanks for starting this whole group checkin!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th // 34+4 

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe

Team: Green

Upcoming Appointments:  nothing this week

How are you feeling?: uncomfortable. my back hurts, i'm not sleeping well, my body is generally sore.  I'm ready for July to be here.  

Rants/Raves:  Made myself some health meals this weekend and for today's lunch so i feel good in that i'm providing good nutrition for LO.  Still annoyed that LO isn't that active, it hasn't changed so there is no need for concern, but everyone was telling me i was going to feel this one kicking all the time and LO isn't.  Last week a cashier reached for her belly and was like "ooo...stop kicking me". I was jealous.  I still get nervous and some of the movements are super subtle so i definitely have to concentrate when I want to do a kick count. 

Questions: have you installed the carseat/base yet? Do you have it checked by someone?

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out?  Cold cuts, and margaritas!

• @keebler6elf I never thought to get the car seat checked at the police station--is this something they ask you to do in your area? Maybe I should call our police station and ask if they can/should check ours.
    @vanillalatte89 Is that an autocorrect, or by "Pump Grigio" did you mean pump, then grigio? :D 
    @blackhottamales I don't think it's her fault--it sounds like HR was slow in scheduling her drug test. She's part of some sort of career incubator program and is at the mercy of corporate. :/ 
  • keebler6elfkeebler6elf member
    edited June 2019
    @hestia14 For the car seat check, there are actually a lot of potential options for finding a certified car seat installation technician to check your sear and show you how to correctly install it. Both my hospital and pediatrician had phone numbers we could call to set up an appointment. The police station is super close to our home, so when I saw they had two officers who could do inspections, I went with them. 

You can also go do an online search here:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/car-seats-and-booster-seats#install-inspection

Or here:

https://ssl06.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbzap.bin/apps/assess/webmembers/tool?pToolCode=TAB9&pCategory1=TAB9_CERTSEARCH&Webid=SAFEKIDSCERTSQL
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 36+4; 7/4

Baby is the size of a(n): whale (or so it feels lol) 

Team:blue

Upcoming Appointments: Friday; cervical check

How are you feeling?: exhausted. part of me feels like this is taking F.O.R.E.V.E.R. and the other part of me wonders how I will be ready in about 3 weeks or less. feel like I'm starting to swell from the heat, so trying to drink so much water and kick my feet up more

Rants/Raves:  I feel like I'm going to miss my 2 year old daughter sooooo much when/if I go into labor and have her leave so she doesn't see me in pain while I'm laboring at home before the hospital. I'm already emotional thinking about it.... thinking my hormones are playing a role here lol

Questions: What are the chances I go into labor on my own again and do you think it will be earlier? I had an all natural labor& delivery the day before my due date with my first. 4ish hours of active labor

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out?  drink a frozen margarita from our local mexican joint. yummmmmmm. also can't wait to get back to running

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/13 35 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): pimeapple

Team: blue

Upcoming Appointments: Next week and then every week from here on out!!

How are you feeling?: Tired and still so much to do😫 The good thing is after my third visit to the chiropractor I finally have less aches and pains!! Mentally preparing for my vbac-I can do this!

Rants/Raves: Can't believe I have less than 5 weeks to go!! So ready to meet our first baby boy and introduce him to his 2 big sisters❤

Questions: Does anyone have their bags packed yet? I have the diaper bag all ready, but wairing a bit longer for my bag and the girls' suitcase.

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out?  Well I haven't been that careful, I still have lunchmeat occasionally and my cup of coffee almost every morning (I don't drink alcohol even when I'm not pregnant). As for activities, just sleep lol (maybe in a year😂). 

• @nagrom9319 That is a fast first labor! Mine have been fast too, except for pushing🙄 That's where things get stuck. My second was an emergency c-section due to her position. My first was 6 days early second was 5 days early. If there's anything I've learned from my experiences it's that birth is totally unpredictable!
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @nagrom9319 I wish you could predict labor onset based on previous labors but everything I'm reading/hearing is that they're all spontaneous. Mine were 40-37-39 weeks, so no trend there. Spacefem.com has a ton of data for subsequent labors but again nothing really trending.
  • Damn autocorrect lol! Yep meant pino Grigio! 
  • @Cbeanz I had hotdogs and a few sips of diet coke yesterday. I couldn’t help it. Nothing stays down anyways so I figured it wouldn't matter. But it all stayed in. Yum. No desire to eat it again until baby is out but it was a lifesaver yesterday:)
  • @keebler6elf DD had no issue starting out in the crib from day 1. Honestly if I wasn't having a RCS I would have gone straight to the crib this time too. I just hated getting in and out of bed with the incision. Plus I'm a nervous mom and check to make sure baby is breathing 57 times a night. I still check my DD at night too and she's 5.5😶. That being said I have the Halo all set up for this time around and I'm feeling like I'm going to love it. I'm sure baby will be happy whichever way you choose to go.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Was July 14...now it’s creeping toward first week of July! Will be likely delivering with you “Group 1” ladies. BIG baby, advanced growth. God knows I’ve eaten enough...🤓

Baby is the size of a(n): 6.5 lbs at 35 weeks

Team: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Saturday. Going to talk induction/ cesarean... 😒

How are you feeling?: Uh...Im taking a lay down break from working... in my bra and shorts with 2 fans on me. Now I have to have an under the belly pillow. Haven’t showered today. Thank god I work from home, this is getting ugly! Cant be on my elephant feet for more than 30 min! 🐘🎉

Rants/Raves:  Too tired to rant! Here’s my rave:

COMLIFE Handheld Misting Fan... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DKZZDVP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Also, loved the 3D ultrasound photos we did Friday. Saw his nose in so much detail! Now I can “see” who’s trying to escape in there...

Questions: What’s happening? Im having a baby? Weird!! 😂 (ftm)

I’d say a drink, but I dont have the breast pumping experience to make it happen yet! I actually can’t wait to lift some weights and STRETCH out all the belly-bearing muscles!

• @jennm0724 Yes to sleeping on my back! I HATED side sleeping. And sleeping sitting up. I can't wait to be able to sleep on my back again!!!
  • @Panaceia I have a Halo too! Hope he likes it. I feel safe about the breathing...but wondering what will happen when poop or pee escapes his diapers...A meshy mess! 💩
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 36 + 4, RCS July 1

Baby is the size of a(n): papaya? But also, the size of a stinking baby. 

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: NST and weight u/s today. Weekly OB Thursday 

How are you feeling?: Meh. I wfh last week and officially started maternity leave yesterday. Slowing down has helped me a LOT. 

Rants/Raves:  Not really. Close to having nursery done and I’ll be super happy when that happens!

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out?   JUST ONE? I can’t pick. Wine, beer and a giant turkey sub. 

• @pizzaplz I was GBS+ with my first but not my second. Haven’t had the swab yet for this pregnancy. 

Got my IV antibiotics when I got to the hospital with my first and was good to go 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • acgxacgx member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 36+0, July 9th

Baby is the size of a(n): a chihuaua or a papaya? Are those really the same size? As @Happyin14 said - the size of a baby... 

Team: pink

Upcoming Appointments: Today and weekly from here on out

How are you feeling?: Uncomfortable and slow. Not a fan of the heat. Swollen feet/ankles. Excited to get closer and closer though!

Rants/Raves: I feel like I always say the same thing. My house is still under construction. But it gets closer every day! Baby's room is ALMOST done though - the only room in the house that is really!  

Questions: 

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out?  Can't wait to go back to sleeping on my stomach! 

• @Happyin14 when I read that one I thought how cruel. I have GD and would LOVE some McDonalfs right about now 😂

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 7 w RCD July 1st!

Baby is the size of a(n):  cabbage patch doll 

Team: pink!

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for NST and OB check

How are you feeling?:  Gettin more tired by the day...def. hard to keep up with my 3 yo. Tried stopping my Zofran but the nausea is still there so looks like that will continue until birth. Been havin a hard time sleeping..last night was having cramps behind my knees similar to when I get my period...not sure what's up w that but it can go away! 

Rants/Raves:  We ordered pretty much everything off our registry that we didn't get so I'm excited to start finally getting the nursery all together!

Questions:  Can't think of any right this minute.

I'm absolutely over having GD so I can't wait to eat all the food...French fries, Cuban sandwiches, mc flurries...I told my husband he better have a platter there waitin for me 😂. Also will be happy to have more energy to play with my 3 yo!
  • mixitupmelmixitupmel member
    edited June 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21 / 34w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash

Upcoming Appointments: Anesthesiologist - June 18; Midwife - June 25

How are you feeling?: Good for the most part, i feel like the BH contractions have picked up more in the past couple weeks. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: Had my baby shower on the weekend and my girls did an AMAAAAZING job. Had a great time with my family and friends, and i think we're all set to pack LO's bag for the hospital, and get started on ours as well. We have a few more things to get off the registry to complete it, but nothing that we need immediately. Also, only 2.5 more weeks of work before i start my vacation, then mat leave. :D

We also set up the crib in the nursery, so now i just gotta get started on the baby's laundry :)

Questions: none.

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out?  WINE! a nice COLD glass/bottle (lol) of moscato. There's this sushi place that does a tuna volcano with spicy bits that i have not been able to eat, so once this little babe is out, i hope to have that dish before the end of the summer :P 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/27, 33w 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): celery

Upcoming Appointments: Check up next Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Super sore. I keep waking up and feel like I've been hit by a bus.

Rants/Raves:  Rave, I've been able to drink coffee again without getting an upset stomach or nauseous and it is just doing wonders for my overall well being. Rant, group work for online level grad classes.

Questions: Has anyone/now or STM been told their baby's head is very large and then get freaked out about delivering?

GTKY:  What is one major celebration/indulgence (food/drink/activity/etc.) you are planning once baby is out? Food: Jimmy Johns, Drink: Wine and IPA's Activity: biking, I can still sort of do it, but it's just the lack of balance that I am having problems with.

• @samanthak46, my two had very large heads. I didn’t deliver vaginally.... but I don’t think for that reason. 

My tech did just tell me that it throws off birth weight estimates! Makes them estimate a bit higher when they get that measurement. If that helps?