*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: Weekly Bitchfest 6/10

• @Beauxbaton for me its because I'm tired!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Loading the player...
  • Not only did I have the worst "vacation" time ever, I'm now sick. I'm pretty sure it's actual sickness because I have a low-grade fever and my throat is on fire/red :angry: 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225 I'm sorry the vacation didn't get better and that your now sick.  Boo
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• aukeevaukeev member
    @MamaK225 Nooo! Did you end up going back home a few days early and enjoying some time with YH? 
  • @MamaK225 Oy, hoping you feel better soon.
  • @MamaK225 Tag I’m it? Leaving in a few hours, but I really don’t want to go. I was so hot and out of breath from just showering and shaving. Kids are already on my last nerve. Husband is fiesty (and that’s putting it nicely). 
  • 2 co-workers were diagnosed with walking pnuemonia over the weekend, 2 more were coughing up blood but didn't see a doctor, and 3 more are coughing today. I went in just to get my computer and now I'm working from home because I feel like I'm dying. 6 days on antibiotics and I've only gotten worse (so it probably isn't an infection). I can't even lay down without feeling like I'm drowning so I tried to sleep sitting up which didn't go well. At least DH and the kids haven't gotten sick!!!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @sourlemon that's awful. I hope you turn the corner soon. and also a big WTF to  your coworkers
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• moon1417moon1417 member
    edited June 2019
    I have a couple..

1) my allergies are kicking my a** today and I cant stop sneezing and I look like absolute sh*t because I can barely open my eyes. 

3) I went to my OB appt and found out she's on vacation not only the week I am due but the following week!!! Whaat.. which  means I just signed up for a July 26 C-section bc right now I feel like she NEEDS to be my surgeon.  Or I wait and get a different surgeon.. not sure what to do but I scheduled the 7/26 csdate. 

2) did I really skip 2? I went 1 to 3.. I've gained too much weight and all I want to do is eat. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• @moon1417 so I’ve never had a csection so take my advice with a grain of salt. But I’ve never had my regular OB I saw at every appointment deliver either of my babies, always a random I met day of. It was always okay. Could you request to meet the other OB who would be there those couple of weeks just to gather your options?

@MamaK225 oh no! Airlines and hotels should comp pregnant women who aren’t feeling well while on vacation.

@sourlemon feel better soon!!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @moon1417 my body LOVES to gain weight during pregnancy. I just try to ignore the scale and figure its doing what it needs... sorry your OB won't be around the week your due. how far along will you be for your c-section? If your 39 weeks it should be fine (and really 38 is OK too) plus I think it makes a big difference to feel comfortable/confident with your surgeon.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @olivemomma We did talk about the other doctor and even though I scheduled it I told her I want to see if I can get comfortable with seeing another doctor.  I think I may be being selfish a little bit just bc my last csection she performed, I barely bled after and the nurses kept saying it was because she did such a good job. But who knows if they were just saying that.  You're right though, maybe if I met the other doctor I would feel comfortable enough to wait.

Me 32 <3 H 33

• @wabash15 I will be 39 weeks exactly on 7/26 she said she wouldn't take me any sooner than that.   She will be leaving that day so she's basically squeezing me in on her already day off. 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• @moon1417 is there a reason you feel like your OB needs to be your surgeon? How far along will you be on the scheduled date? Most places wont even schedule a CS until you hit 39w unless there's some other complication going on.
    With DD1, it was an emergency CS and my OB (who I hated actually) did it. DD2 was scheduled and my regular OB did it, but I only saw the regular OB about 4 times total during the pregnancy. Most of the appointments were with a midwife or PA. I also almost had the doctor on call do the CS two different times (two different drs) when I was in pre-term labor. I was within a hour of "go time" each of those times when they finally suspended labor.
    This time, I'm not even sure who will do the CS. I've seen 3 different OBs, a MFM, and a PA, but most of my appointments have been/continue to be with the PA until week 38. So maybe I have a different attitude since I dont have an attachment to anyone in the practice, but honestly, I dont care at all who gets the baby out.

• @moon1417 nevermind, saw your post in the other thread. 39w is when most of the RCS get scheduled around here...as close to 39+0 as possible. But yeah...it feels SOOOOOO soon!

• moon1417moon1417 member
    edited June 2019
    @sourlemon wow I cant imagine not seeing a doctor at every visit.  I think I want her just because she did a good job last time and I am comfortable with her.  
    At the practice I go to I see a doctor at every single visit.  Last pregnancy they would circulate you between all the doctors so you got to meet everyone but they stopped doing that and this time I've only ever seen my own doctor.  I may find that I want to schedule with another doctor just because she will be leaving so if there are indeed any complications, someone else that didn't perform the surgery will have to take over which makes me a little nervous. 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• @mamak225, I’m sorry that you’re sick and your vacation didn’t get better. :( 

@sourlemon, it sucks that you’re still sick too!

@moon1417, since you’ll be 39 weeks, I’d just do it. 

Random: Ive never seen/been to an OB in my life! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @moon1417 - I feel you on the surgeon. My OB did SUCH a fantastic job with my first/only section that I would be SUPER hesitant about going with anyone else, especially hearing some of the complaints in my local FB Mom's group. It's nice that she "squeezed" you in, but I would also be stressing. Maybe you can find out the alternative person in the meantime and somehow "see" some of their work? I dunno, just ideas. BTW, my RCS is scheduled for 39w0d and I'm currently presenting no issues, so while it does feel "early," I feel it's standard. Also, I agree with @wabash15 about weight. As long as there aren't really any major concerns (i.e. it's affecting your blood pressure or it's actually excessive water retention), it really is just a number.

@sourlemon - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Why are people so damn insensitive/incompetent/inconsiderate!? RUDE. I would be burning the whole place down.

@thirdtimesacharm2019 - Eeeeeeek, I hope it all calms down quickly for you and you can enjoy *some* part of your vacation. As I had posted last week, I was ready to go within the first few hours but stuck around, trying to give them enough time to cine around and not be huge, selfish assholes. We made it to Wednesday morning (the plan was to stay through Saturday morning).

@olivemomma - No airlines, all road travel. So either DD1 had something latent that she gave me (she's also sounding congested, but hasn't complained about her throat or not feeling well) or my mom or her boyfriend (CES) gave it to me/us. If that's the case, I'm going to be pissed and I hope they turn up with pneumonia. Sorry, not sorry.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @oklahomak - Forgot to respond to your tag. Yeah, we came back Wednesday morning when we had planned to stay until Saturday. I was mad enough to have come back after 1 overnight, but tried to tough it out a little to let them redeem themselves (there were a few glimmers of hope in there, but after those 3 days, I had enough).
    **History in Spoiler**

• Not really bitching but kind of a strange feeling.  I learned that our only OB at the only hospital in our small town is actually only on call 50% of the time.  The other 50% is split between 3 other "traveling" OB.  So I have NO IDEA who will be delivering my child.  I honestly kind of hope I get the same OB that my sister ended up with because she loved her.  The main OB here pushes for inducing because he doesn't want to "wait around".  Heck no he is not inducing me just so he isn't inconvenienced. 
  • 3 parter Bitch Fest:

1) Got in a blow out argument with DH this weekend :( it ruined my whole day. We never ever have big arguments, we tend to be easy going with each other, so it made everything feel that much more terrible. He can get super defensive super quickly and instead of talking to me about something I perceive as small and an easy conversation, he got into mean/defensive mode and said things he didn't mean. We ended up okay (a few hours later, LOL), but it put a huge damper on the weekend. FYI- It was about the stupid desk from the nursery.

2) It's finally getting warm here and it's making me sweat uncomfortably in places I don't usually sweat. So that's gross.

3) I found out that a lady I vaguely know socially/somewhat through work who I think is slightly crazy is a Labor and Delivery nurse at the hospital I'm delivering at. I don't trust her judgement whatsoever and I don't want her near my labor or delivery. Is there a polite way to ask the staffing coordinator to keep her away from my delivery? It's a smallish town and an even smaller hospital, and I think the odds of her being involved in my labor otherwise is 50/50.
  • @MamaK225 I'm so sorry to hear of your vacation :( You had such high hopes for it, and you tried to stick it out as best you could. 
  • @flagchic Sorry about your fight w/ DH. :-( This is almost exactly like me and DH, we rarely fight so when we do, both of us take it so personally. Glad you were able to work it out.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @flagchic - i'm sorry if this is insensitive, but the desk is gone now right??  

Me 32 <3 H 33

• Wow, sorry to hear how many people on here are sick right now. Pregnant people should be exempt from sickness. I hope everyone feels better soon!

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I totally agree @Allycat11!! Bleh.

@flagchic - I hate that you two got into it, I had nearly the opposite issue with DH this weekend. I've been trying to be more calm and collected and patient with my requests re: baby coming because he has been complaining (I know, ALL THE EYE ROLLS) that I've been a bit irrational with all things baby. When we got back from "vacation," his sister had messaged me, asking how I was doing and I said I was just sad/stressed because no matter how many times or how nicely I say I "want" or "need" something, it is never acknowledged by DH until I turn into a psychotic banshee and DD1 + dog go and hide for cover. I don't like that cycle, so I'm doing my best to break it (and have been for some time), well she got on him and it started a conversation that GOT him to finally start working on things that I said NEED to be worked on for about 15-20 weeks now. But normally it turns out more like your situation, so I'm glad you guys were able to sort it out and move past ... even if it did put the damper on the weekend.

@agpandme - It never ceases to amaze me HOW often I hear that of OBs: preferred weekday/scheduled induction for *their* convenience (or withholding the breaking of waters to progress labor because it's "the end of the day," leaving the mom to labor unproductively overnight *eye roll*).
    **History in Spoiler**

• @moon1417 YES! The desk is gone; the argument was about me posting it for sale on a local Facebook group vs. giving it to charity. I was the one who ended up coordinating moving it out of the house (it took about an hour- it had to be disassembled and doors taken off the hinges in the house to get it out), because I knew I had to get it done before he changed his mind about it. I got it out the front door and posted it for sale, a buyer fell through (not a big deal, that happens), and so I called 6 charities to donate it to before I finally found one who could haul it away for us. I told him Habitat for Humanity was going to grab it but couldn't come out for another week, he said fine. On Saturday morning, I got a message from a buyer I had sold to before who was very reliable who wanted to take it ASAP. I figured he would want the money for it and it would get it off of the front porch quicker because it's an eyesore, and he was previously pretty grumpy about losing money on the desk. I let the buyer know they could take it. He got mad that I had switched the plan with the desk "without consulting with him." Obviously it was nothing malicious on my part, I thought I was doing what he would have wanted and recouping some cost on the desk. He apparently felt like his opinion means nothing, etc. etc. It really blew up into apparently some underlying issues he was holding in about not having more input, I got upset because I wasn't doing anything malicious but he lashed out about the stupid, stupid desk and said some really nasty things that he took back when he calmed down. Once he calmed down he was fine in a "I feel better, let's move on!" type of way, but he didn't understand that most women don't just bounce back after a cutting remark or a bad argument. It just blew up in a bad way to him not understanding what I'm going through or even tries, he minimizes all of my symptoms, he makes me take the emotional labor of the pregnancy and preparation by myself, etc. Overall it's better, but it's hard to shake some things still.

Sorry for the novel!
  • @flagchic Oh girl trust me, I can completely relate to that fight.  I spent last weekend Saturday scrubbing wallpaper goo off of the walls of the nursery because it's just not a priority for the husband.  And my symptoms (dish soap still makes me gag and throw up) are a huge inconvenience and are held over my head sometimes. <3 I'm just so glad that damn desk is gone for you!!!!! Whoop - cant wait to see pictures of the nursery :) 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• Now I have a real bitch for today.  Don't read if you are sensitive to cruelty to animals.  I would hide it but I don't know how to do those spoiler things. 

Likely no one cares about this particular animal but animal cruelty is a serious crime in my opinion and it encompasses all animals that are treated unnecessarily.  However it becomes a grey area to most when it is a farm animal.  This involves a rooster.  This person recently straight up water boarded her rooster in an effort to 'subdue" his rooster attitude.  They dunked him under water several times for up to 30 seconds at a time.  A few months later, today she posts that they just ripped his spurs off.  That is the equivalent of degloving your dogs toe nail or your own toe nail.  Its just sick.  

To top it off this person is a VEGAN and is constantly posting PETA stuff about cruelty to farm animals. Its so hypocritical.  She unfriended me because I said something about it. Before she did that I called Animal Control and reported her. They likely won't do anything but I had to call.  Why not just give the bird away instead of torturing him? 
  • this kid has taken up residnece on my bladder...I dislike having to go to the bathroom every 30 min.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Today at work, I slammed my thumb in my desk drawer because I was looking for something and not paying attention. Thankfully it just tore up some skin which had me racing for a band aid. Can this day be over already?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @agpandme - Speechless. Just .... wow. I'm right there with you. And it's a Rooster. It's going to act a specific way, if it's "too far" from what you're expecting either don't have roosters ... or find it another home. Sorry you had to hear/find out about that. :# 
    **History in Spoiler**

• @agpandme that makes me so sad :( I really hope animal control does actually do something. 

@allycat11  uh yea that would annoy the crap out of me. I commend you for being able to keep your mouth shut bc at this point I can't control what comes out of mine. 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• Yay @thirdtimesacharm2019! I've been hoping you would have a great start to a great vacation :) 
    **History in Spoiler**

• @moon1417 I waited 2 hours to text her so I could compose myself and not completely go off but yeah lately I can't control what comes out of my mouth. She is squeezing us in for long enough to get ice cream tomorrow ::eye roll:: She is late for everything so odds are I will not be able to control my filter in person tomorrow. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 GL today ( @moon1417 that icecream gif is amazing)
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 glad vacation is going well so far!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx