August 2019 Moms

Inappropriate Comments/Questions Thread v2.0

Re: Inappropriate Comments/Questions Thread v2.0

• @mkrel ugg, so not cool to ask a pregnant woman about her weight gain. 
    @peachy0709 our world and families do not look like they used too...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @mkrel my mom is the same way— always projecting her weight issues onto me and talking about other peoples’ weight gain etc... she made a comment the other day about how my friend who is 23 weeks looks “way more pregnant than that” 🙄 she means well but she’s needs to work out her own body image stuff and stop commenting on everyone else’s bodies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mkrel in honor of your comment I literally just went and grabbed two cookies. 
  • @sourlemon I have no words... I can't believe someone said that to you. creepy internet hugs 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• A co worker asked me if I'm planning to take my whole leave (18 weeks). 
    I said yes and she said "that sucks!!" 
    Ha! Too bad! 
  • reviving this as we all make the transition to third tri... any new cringe-worthy stories?

Most students ask me 'when is the baby coming?' one student asked me the flip question: 'when did you get pregnant' and it was so weird. He meant nothing by it and didn't realize the connotation at all so I just answered him, but it was totally awkward in my mind haha.

coworker yesterday morning: 'i find pregnancy so fascinating, women go from not looking pregnant at all to just BAM all of a sudden and it just keeps growing' um, thanks....

same coworker yesterday afternoon waiting for a small meeting to officially start: 'i'm going to tell you the same thing i tell all the pregnant teachers: don't go into labour at school, otherwise you're going to be an eighth grade science lab' then a lot of laughs and jokes about 'lab open hours' should be called 'lab dilation hours' and measuring with rulers etc. ugghhhhh when he started talking about measuring dilation with rulers (and even about students measuring dilation with rulers) it was the last straw and I was like 'that's too far' and he stopped. but seriously? how could anyone think that is appropriate?

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @BigBadWolf12 Ugh what is it with male coworkers lately? Why do we need to tell grown ass men what is inappropriate to joke about in the workplace?!?
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    The nurse at the school I work at stopped me in the middle of the hallway the other day. Held onto one of my arms and proceeded to dust something off my butt saying ‘I know you can’t see so let me do this for you.’ 
    wth... who can see their butt?? I was so embarrassed I pulled away and kept walking. 
  • I get random stranger comments almost daily that piss me off at varying degrees based on my mood, but I’m very thankful my coworkers have been supportive - meaning they stay the F out of my business, don’t ask questions, and make sure I have a chair in crowded meetings 😊. 
  • @mia8263 wth? They actually touched your butt?

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• It’s really baffling to me how many of you experience such inappropriate comments. I get the occasional “when are you due?” But most people I have entountered throughout my 3 pregnancies luckily have common curtesy. You ladies just need to have a couple of good comebacks ready to roll!

i actually did get a, “wow why is your belly so humongous?!” Yesterday but it was from a 5 year old in my daughters class. I laughed.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • "How can you have gestational diabetes? You're not big."  :/
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    @BigBadWolf12 yes! She just randomly grabbed me. They all think I’m so young. I’m one of the younger staff in the building but I’m 34 so I’m not young. Just not ok. 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    Ahahahaha!!! @thirdtimesacharm2019 that is my favorite by far!
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    I got my first, ‘not much longer huh?’ And honestly, I was confused. I don’t feel huge yet, definitely have expanded but I was a little surprised because most people just don’t comment. 
  • I get lots of comments at this point. One surprising one from the other day was a coworker  told me I've been indulging a bit too much in the donuts and pizza. I guess he thought this whole time I've just been eating too much, even though everyone else in the office knows I'm pregnant. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• emqbeeemqbee member
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 I don’t know how you behave so nicely after those comments. I think I’d start making some bitchy responses
  • @emqbee I’ve actually surprised myself... but it’s coming... one unsuspecting stranger is going to get the wrath of all of it one day soon! 🤣
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    Bet they’ll learn to keep the inappropriate comments to pregnant women to themselves from then on!!
  • My mom wanted to me to show her my belly button to see if its going to poke out LOL. I'm like MOM it will, Its already really shallow but I'm not going to show you here in the middle of my driveway with everyone looking at me :D 
  • @mrosek91 I like that translation... literally May you have this child when the time is right. That is so nice and non-invasive. And yes, I guess my lifestyle does have a lot to do with it. I work for a very large employer and in large office building, so there’s a familiarity with people I don’t really know that probably makes them think probing questions are ok. 
  • @zamora_spin Yesssss! If I had a dollar for every “oh, in this heat?!” I could start maternity leave right now. I have a July and January baby... so I was first tri nauseas with the January baby and that may have been worse.