September 2019 Moms

Product Spotlight: Maternity Clothes

2»

Re: Product Spotlight: Maternity Clothes

• themadcamelthemadcamel member
    edited April 2019
    @cheshyre319 please share if/when you do! My style ranges from girly to basic to goth and everything in between, depending on my mood. I hate that girly seems to be the only maternity option.
  • @cheshyre319 and @themadcamel same! I will too! I am the same way. My day to day dressing is pretty normal with leggings/jeans with tops/tunics always black or grey. If it has skulls I adore it lol. I do have an event we're going to on our babymoon and I ordered a super flowy dress from Killstar. This should be amusing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cheshyre319, @themadcamel, @nikkiraqs Take a look at Gap! There’s some floral stuff to weed through, but I recently bought a ton of plain black/ navy/ gray dresses and tops 
  • I am a big fan of Old Navy maternity clothes too!
  • I love Old Navy’s jersey swing dresses when not pregnant, so for pregnancy I just ordered a couple in size “tall” for the extra length over the bump and they’re perfect!! And I’ll be able to wear them post-pregnancy too! There’s too much intensely floral pregnancy stuff though. Some of it is cute but when my
    only options are flowers, flowers, and moooore patterned flowers, it gets way too overwhelming. I like bright poppin’ colors, but not overly patterned things
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sunshine2417 I love their dresses too! I think they’ll be a life saver this summer.
  • Do they sell old navy maternity in store or only online? 
  • @septoctkids I haven’t seen in store in years.
  • @septoctkids I think they are still in a small number of stores, but who knows where. 
  • @septoctkids they have small sections in select stores but mostly online. I usually just buy a ton online and then return it and if you return it in store then when other preggo mamas go there they have more selection! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! Looks like I’ll be placing an order online :)
  • I'm in need of some high quality/thick maternity yoga pants. I tried working out today (for the first time in 2 weeks...) and got so uncomfortable in my normal pants. Time for some maternity work out clothes... and lounge/camping pants lol. I am extremely self conscious of yoga pants being see through. I usually test them out like crazy in the fitting rooms lol. And I like the thicker fabric ones to try to smooth out some of the cellulite  :/. Any recommendations since I'll probably have to order some online and wont be able to try them on before hand?
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 I recently bought these and really like them! It is a full panel, but criss crosses in the back so it folds down nicely. And they are thick and I don't think people can see my hot pink undies through them....
  • @LJMoon6 For lounge wear I'd recommend Gap. For full panel, high quality, non see-through pants I'd recommend Zella from Nordstrom. They're pricy but worth it if you're lookng for high quality. Everything I've found from other places are junk. When I'm not pregnant I'm in Lulus or Athleta only, neither of which carry maternity. 

For me, I've stopped trying to work out in pants and have switched to a sports bra and shorts with an elastic waistband. It's too hot here during the summer to wear leggings anyway. 

• @LJMoon6 I have a few prana yoga pants that I love and a couple knicker length ones from an online retailer that I keep forgetting to look at so I can tell you. I was able to wear all my yoga pants throughout my entire last PG, but I just had to roll the waistband down for the prana ones (since they are tighter normally). I had a super long maternity workout top from gap that I was able to wear with my rolled down yoga pants so I didn’t inadvertently show anything I didn’t want to. I also have a pair of knit maternity leggings from gap and they’re just okay. Some people love them so much, but I’m not a legging person (kwim?)
  • diner04diner04 member
    Do people prefer the full panel or side panel when buying maternity pants/shorts? I went maternity clothes shopping for the first time this weekend. I tried on both and thought the full panel was nice and comfy but wondering with summer if that is going to feel too hot having an extra layer of fabric clinging to my belly? I ended up buying one pair of side panel jeans but I want to get a some shorts for this summer too and wondering if people have a preference?
  • @diner04 I'm doing full panel for work (nice jeans mostly) and side panels for shorts, since it will be so hot here. I can just see a full panel for short soaked with back sweat  :s
  • @diner04 @nomangos23 I always feel like I'm in the minority when I say this, but I HATE full panels.  I was due in Sept. with DS too, and wearing the full panels all through the summer was so hot and itchy and I hated it.  That being said, the side or half panels weren't comfortable either, once I got huge, lol.

I ended up wearing these types of linen pants almost daily (the Old Navy ones mostly) and folding the front half of the waistband down.  I am hoping they go on sale again soon so I can get a whole bunch more of them for this summer!
  • diner04diner04 member
    @RedBreast35 I never even thought of linen pants! This could be a total game changer for work clothes this summer (I typically wear jeans everyday for work). I do home visits for my job and 99% of the time am sitting on the floor with the toddlers I work with so need something that covers me well and is comfortable getting up and down (for as long as I can up and down off the floor easily :smile:). Also something that is cool as the building I work out of for doing paperwork etc is not air conditioned and many of my families homes I visit are not air conditioned. Thanks for the suggestion!

• @diner04 fair warning, I'm very pear shaped so my hips and butt hold this type of pants up just fine.  Not sure for someone who doesn't have as significant an *ss as me if they might slip down or not- but they do have a drawstring.  But the wide legs are great and they are like wearing pjs most of the time.
  • @diner04 I’ll update you when my shorts arrive on Saturday!! I got one of each. The side panel ones look less frumpy. For pants I have only done full panel. 
  • @diner04 So far I much prefer the side panel or demi panel, but we'll see once I'm the size of a whale in a couple of months. I've mostly been reaching for comfy dresses so there's absolutely nothing restricting around the belly.
  • @RedBreast35 oh yes! I'm so glad those linen old navy pants are back! I lived in them pregnant with my daughter & foolishly lent them out afterwords (never to be seen again!!) I just ordered 3 pairs! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Also FYI Its Macy's friends and family - they have a large selection of motherhood maternity, jessica simpson, and pea in the pod... all 30% off! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • @MsBeachNJ do you know when that sale ends?? I really like Jessica Simpson's maternity clothes 
  • Thanks @MsBeachNJ! I think I may have a Macys nearby-ish. 

Does anyone know if Target ever has a sale on maternity clothes?
  • @cheshyre319 Usually end of season you'll see them move to clearance. I got a pair of $6 side panel shorts back in March (which I am VERY proud of because I'm not a bargain hunter) 
  • lebaby2lebaby2 member
    @bostonlady-2 what did you end up finding for professional wear? I am struggling to find the same. Thanks!
  • A Pea in the Pod is having a sale. Okay, so some stuff is still super expensive. They do, however, have cute joggers, tank tops, and shirts that are nice quality and can be used in postpartum too, because they are just drawstring pants and stretchy shirts that don’t have the rouching. 
  • Target currently has $5 off of their maternity tee shirt style dresses. I was just in store and saw the sign. 

Also, for my Alt mamas, I hit up Hot Topic (that was a blast from the past) and they have the super flowy tank tops that flare out and have skulls on them. I went up 2 sizes and tried it on and it fit great over the bump with room to grow! I'll post a pic soon if I remember. 
  • @cheschyre319 my target has some of their maternity dresses on sale. I got a great tank dress for $20. I'm not normally a tight dress person but I never want to take this thing off!
    Third kid: Due 11/6
    Second kid: Dec 2021
    First kid: Sept 2019
  • Womp womp! The shorts I ordered didn’t fit. Looks like I’ll be short-less on our vacay in a week. Boo!!
  • @lillywonderland try target! I have two pairs of shorts and they both came from there!
  • @nomangos23 Ooooh, I do need to go there this weekend. Perhaps I shall try on a pair or two! 
  • Soooo... has anyone ordered from Bellapin Maternity? Of course they’re one of those ads to show up on my Instagram and their stuff looks SOOOO cute, but I’m 99.99999% sure they’re a scam where their stuff is horrible quality and looks nothing like what it does online. But I want it!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • swamplassswamplass member
    edited June 2019
    @sunshine2417 I haven't bought from them (yet!) But! I've had good luck in the past with Roolee and with Hatch. (Roolee is on my radar for cute nursing clothes, watching the sales since I don't "need" nursing clothes yet. I bought some dresses from them last spring that I still wear.) And Hatch is $$$, like prohibitively so, but I got this linen look oversized cuffed tee that I wear once a week and I know I'll wear after: https://www.hatchcollection.com/collections/tops/products/the-cora-top?color=light-grey

Just checked out Bellapin's web site they have a ton of options! I don't like that there aren't customer reviews of items. I'd look into their return policy and give it a shot you could get lucky! (Like shopping at forever or H&M ... without being able to dig through the racks of course!)
  • @phillyftm Hatch has the cutest stuff. I've been tempted to splurge. I actually read an article that like 40% of their customers aren't even pregnant, so it should definitely work after baby. I'll have to stop by Roolee next time I'm home. It is actually located in my hometown. I've never been in though.
  • @kgg2241oh wow I didn't even realize Roolee had a brick and mortar store. Huh! That's nice then you don't have to purchase-wait-try on-ship back-wait for refund. I never used to be good about returns or exchanges until the last like 4 months. So many purchases, SO many returns.