Pregnant after IF
Options

3rd trimester check-in w/o June 3rd

autumnlvsautumnlvs member
edited June 2019 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!                                                                                   

• How far along / EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Upcoming appointments? 
  • Questions?
  • GTKY: what is your favorite way to relax these days? Any insomnia and tips for dealing with it?

If you're just joining us please post a: 

Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
How many babies you are pregnant with
If you know the gender(s)
How you have been feeling going into 3rd trimester.

A huge congratulations to @bkatp !!! 

Please let us know if you need to be added to the list

Mamas to be 

northbeach3  6/5 GIRL!

@Griffin5413 6/21 GIRL!

@autumnlvs 6/29 GIRL!

@babydust2507 7/12 BOY!

@blackhottamales 7/18 Team Green

@ndz2018 7/25 BOY!

@flanners1 7/27 BOY!

@wilde1410 7/31 GIRL!

@wabash15 Team Green 

Re: 3rd trimester check-in w/o June 3rd

• Options
    autumnlvsautumnlvs member
    edited June 2019
    Pregnancy brain is real! It took me multiple attempts to get the right date to get this post going :blush:
    @northbeach3 thinking of you on your induction day and wishing you strength, support and a quick delivery!
    • How far along / EDD? 36w2d
    • How is everyone feeling this week? so tired. I had a random easy work last week and probably spent way too much time nesting and now frantically playing catch up
    • Upcoming appointments? 6/7 weekly
    • Questions? FTM here so would love any must-have suggestions that your babies really enjoyed in their first few months
    • GTKY: what is your favorite way to relax these days? Any insomnia and tips for dealing with it? Sleep and swim  :smiley:
  • Options
    kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited June 2019
    @northbeach3 Wishing you the best today!!! <3

@autumnlvs 9 weeks in and my must haves, have been the Dock-a-tot (it's like magic for us), bottle warmer (on my 3rd and the cheapest one has been my favorite..go figure!), avent soothie pacifiers, pacifier clips (so you aren't always searching for them / falling on the ground), a small organizer for your stroller (to avoid having to take the diaper bags everywhere), mirror for car (love being able to see what they are doing while driving) and obviously lots of onsies, gowns and diapers, socks, etc. Personally, I think you can wait on swings and some of the more expensive things. But every baby is different! One day my baby will like them, then the next day she want nothing to do with them. But you def want someone they can sit in. When they get around 2 months and wiggling so much, you'll need something to put them in so you can move around! :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks for kicking us off this week @autumnlvs! don't feel too bad about nesting! i found that it helped with my anxiety! :)

• How far along / EDD? 39+5
    • How is everyone feeling this week? a ball of nerves... but also excited to meet my babe.
    • Upcoming appointments? going in to L&D tonight at 8pm; cervadil tonight and then pitocin in the AM, i assume.
    • Questions?  just started thinking about my own recovery... have the tucks witch hazel rounds, but will need to get more pads and/or diapers.  any recommendations?  obviously, gonna take everything the hospital gives me and more, but i'm unsure how long to expect postpartum bleeding. if you have a c-section, do you still experience the same bleeding? 
    • GTKY: what is your favorite way to relax these days? Any insomnia and tips for dealing with it?  i definitely dealt with a lot of insomnia in the last days.  i ended up just getting up and getting a snack and then laying on the couch. i'd put on an episode or listen to one on my phone and would usually fall asleep. it also led to take more naps during the day, but found that the naps were more energizing. hoping to get in a couple more today to take my mind off the impending induction!
    @mrsyng @Momifbysea @bkatp hope all the new moms are hanging in! you're all trailblazers in my eyes!

thanks for the pro-tips @kristimh80! i'm currently just thinking about being in the hospital and being on feeding and diaper duty already, but i'm sure i'll come back and review these suggestions once i'm home. i know i def need to get the car mirror! :)
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Options
    • How far along / EDD? 29+5
    • How is everyone feeling this week?  just plugging along. My arm finally does not kill me from the TDAP so I've been sleeping better
    • Upcoming appointments? not till the end of the month
    • Questions? nope
    • GTKY: what is your favorite way to relax these days? Any insomnia and tips for dealing with it? an ankle massage... as for insomnia sometimes magnesium lotion helps... otherwise I get up and watch something for a while and try to go back to sleep. I'm hoping to do an unmedicated birth and the hypnobirthing relaxation recordings also help get me back to sleep.
    @autumnlvs I honestly keep things pretty minimal... since every baby is different and you do all this research and pick the "perfect" item but your baby half the time hates it...  for us swaddling for sleep was helpful and the velcro swaddlers were great when your sleep deprived. don't go crazy on bottles until you know your baby will like it. for me I love baby wearing so a ring sling or soft structured carrier was/is super helpful. I personally rarely go more than a block without a fully stocked diaper bag (but we need to be prepared with food and cloths at all times) for those early babies really all they want is you... they just aren't into toys or stuff. as they get older a nose frieda is amazing. 
    @northbeach3 everyone is a bit different, some women only bleed for 1-2 weeks and others for 6-8. I am one of those who has fairly heavy flow for 6+ weeks. So super absorbency pads were very helpful and I wore the hospital underwear for the first 2ish weeks... Yes you bleed the same with a c-section. (also post partum sex can be uncomfortable/painful even with a c-section, so just go slow and use lots of lube when you get to that point.)
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @autumnlvs

A few must-haves that were life savers in the early weeks --- I agree -- the soothie pacifiers from avent are awesome. My sister also gave me silicone tethers for the pacifiers and they were awesome because Anne enjoyed chewing on the tether almost as much as sucking on the pacifier! They also wash really well.  Also, I found these late but the burpy bibs from Aden/Anais are amazing -- you can use them like burp cloths or you can snap them together as a bib. They are nice and thick -- and hold up well in the wash. We still use ours as bibs now even though Anne's graduated from all of her burpy cloths. 

I also agree that you should try a bunch of different bottles -- every baby is a little different. My husband spent alot of time in the early weeks researching bottles and nipples. We ended up using an Avent bottle (anti-colic style) with a variable nipple so we could adjust the flow. 

Anne absolutely HATED wrap carriers and slings....but she is a very independent little girl like her mommie. One thing I did really like was the boppy pillow -- when she was small, she could snuggle on my lap with the support of the pillow and she loved relaxing like that. It was great for feeding too. 

@northbeach3
    I bled for around 1-3 weeks with a fairly regular flow and then spotted for another few weeks until it stopped. I think my first period was about 4 to 5 weeks after that. I loved the hospital mesh underwear and wore it for the first couple weeks. Take as many pairs home as you can! If you have a c-section, remember to take stool softeners for a bit. They gave them to me in the hospital with my vitamins and such but I forgot to have them on hand at home and the first "movement" at home was not pleasant. I also had some pain while urinating for the first week or two after the delivery likely because I had been on a catheter for around 36 hours. I'm not sure if that's normal for all deliveries or just because I was on the magnesium drip and bed-bound. And even if you have a c-section or vag delivery, you'll have postpartum contractions as the uterus returns to normal size. I didn't find them particularly painful, just uncomfortable. 

Also they'll be asking you how you want to feed after delivery -- don't be afraid to change your mind later. Some ladies start with BF'ing but then supplement or switch to formula and they feel guilty about it -- they shouldn't! Fed is best. You'll likely find that your pediatrician will be supportive of whatever is best for you and baby; they want to see baby growing and gaining properly and a healthy, happy mama. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    I agree on the boppy pillows and bottles! Boppy pillow is essential so when feeding your arms dont give out as well! I also use the Boppy lounger for feedings now. I lay it next to me with baby facing me...its comfy for them and gives you a little break :smile: I got lucky and Mia will use any bottle as long as she has food lol Our favs are Tommee Tippie anti-colic and Baby Breeza. Tommee Tippie outside doesn't seem to get as hot in bottle warmers.

@northbeach3 Yes, with CS you still bleed. My bleeding by the time I got home was on the med - light side. I think I stayed with pads for a week or so after then was good. I bought some heavy flow / overnight pads for at home and they worked well. My real period came around 7 weeks PP. It was really heavy, so def get extra, as they will come in handy later too! I felt like my 1st period was worse than bleeding after baby. Then again in the hospital I had those diaper - pad things...so maybe why it seemed worse at home lol Take the hospital gown too if you can! Mine came in handy when I was trying to BF b/c had cut-outs and honestly, for a moment, it was the most comfy thing I had...even if looked like a moo-moo  :D
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Also, agree...fed is best!!! I was 100% on board to BF, then struggled and for us formula has worked the best. My baby also was big and no way I could try to keep up! Your intuition will let you know what you need...so whatever makes you and baby happy :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @autumnlvs- I'm not sure if it's more about baby enjoying or making your life easier in the first few months. lol. The boppy pillow and lounger were life savers with my son. I used that lounger ALL of the time. He never really liked being in the bassinet, hated the mamaroo, tolerated a bouncer but not until around 2 or 3 months. I used the old school white cloth diapers as burp rags. Eli had reflux so he spit up sooo much and they were the only things that absorbed anything. 

@northbeach3  - yay for induction day tonight! I hope all goes well. I didn't have bleeding with my son for more than a week or 2. I had a lot of bleeding at the hospital. I went through full labor and then the c-section so I was a hemorrage risk. I don't think I got my first period until about 3 months after when I really stopped breastfeeding or should I say attempting to breastfeed. It was always a struggle for me and my son. My first period was was worse than I had ever had before though. I have always had pretty light periods so it was alarming. 
    • How far along / EDD? 37w4d, c-section date 6/17
    • How is everyone feeling this week? I don't think I'm going to make it to the 17th. I'm having a hard time today telling the difference between braxton hicks and regular contractions but I'm having both in the last few days. I'll be interested to see how much more dilated I am on Thursday. 
    • Upcoming appointments? Had my NST today and man did she put on a show. She was all over the place which is a good thing. I have a growth scan and ob appt Thursday. 
    • Questions? With my son, my water broke at 11:45 at night but I didn't start having regular contractions until they put me on pitocin the next morning around 6. I'm kinda worried I'm not going to read the signs correctly this time and not make it to the hospital in time (we have about a 40 min drive w/o traffic). For you ladies who have already delivered, did you have stronger contractions first or did your water break and then go into active labor? I don't think I'm going to make it 2 more weeks with the way I've been feeling the last few days. 
    • GTKY: what is your favorite way to relax these days? Any insomnia and tips for dealing with it?- Since I'm basically on bed rest b/c of my back, I've been working on a cross stitch christmas stocking I started when I was pregnant with my son. I'm still not done with it but it's been fun to see some progress. Plus I also try to take a nap during the day since I'm laying around anyway and not sleeping well at night. LOL. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    babydust2507babydust2507 member
    edited June 2019
    GL @northbeach3! I'm So excited for you! 
    • How far along / EDD? 34w3d
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Bad Acid reflux, nauseous, I even threw up few times, don't feel like eating at all
    • Upcoming appointments? This coming Wednesday, hope my measurement is still on track and my BP and urine test come back normal because the swelling is getting worse!
    • Questions? Any body shaper recommendations? 
    • GTKY: what is your favorite way to relax these days? Any insomnia and tips for dealing with it? I had insomnia but it's getting better and watching movies or if you like reading should help
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 My water broke then went into active labor. Though, I'm prob not a good case. They said I was having contractions before it and I never felt anything, except when back labor started. But that was mainly cause b/c they tried flipping baby. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Griffin5413
    I was having contractions at 35 weeks that were strong enough for them to give me medicine to stop them (until they decided she was going to arrive early anyway) -- I didn't notice them one bit!  And then I had very full strength contractions that I definitely noticed during my induction without any progress or water breaking -- which was very disappointing to me since it felt like I spent 12 hours suffering with nothing to show for it!

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Options
    @mbradfo2 Omg me too!!! I felt like being induced was such a waste lol But I told my mom...least now I can say I experienced both, except the actually pushing for baby. I think all my dignity went out the window too after being on that peanut ball  :D
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @northbeach3 Congratulations!!! Hang in there!! The first few days and even couple weeks can be the hardest, as everything is a huge learning curve! I know I was in a fog the first month, but everything does get better after you get into a routine. Make sure to let others help you and get some rest!! Sending lots of love! Feel free to join the FB page, as all of us from the IF group are there and can be of more assistance quicker if you need anything <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    bkatpbkatp member
    edited June 2019
    @northbeach3 congratulations. Like @kristimh80 said hang in there. You will slowly figure it out. It is overwhelming at first even with the help as it and is the overnight change in lifestyle you are dealing with. You will slowly find a routine that will make life much easier. 

I had post parturm blues after first 2 days and used to depressed even though this the baby I wanted and waited all along. I used to cry for no reason or for silliest reasons. My husband talked me out of it and helped me get back. If you are facing the same talk it out with ur husband or some other friends or counselor. It will help you get better soon 
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/563424387441169/?ref=bookmarks

Our facebook group -- responses there tend to be quicker.

And congrats! @northbeach3
    You held out much longer than I did during the induction, heh. It's normal to feel overwhelmed the first few days as you are learning everything; it does get easier and easier. But it's also normal to feel all sorts of different things as the hormones are adjusting in your body. Your pediatrician will likely give you some guidance if you talk about all of these things with her/him -- it's part of their job as well to watch out for mommy. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    • How far along / EDD? 33 weeks and 1 day / EDD was supposed to be 7/25 but looks like they’ll be taking this guy on 6/27 via c-section 
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Awful! No appetite I some how LOST almost 8lbs in a week which now is making me worry about the baby.
    • Upcoming appointments?  6/10 weekly app and 6/14 ..34 week u/s If by some chance this previa moved c-section will be called off. But I’m not hopeful 
    • Questions? 
    • GTKY: what is your favorite way to relax these days? Any insomnia and tips for dealing with it? I’m on bedrest so all I do is relax. 

@northbeach3 Congratulations!! 

Loving all the tips ladies!!! I’ve been scrambling to get everything done. 
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 Congratulations!!! She’s beautiful! 
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 congratulations!! she is beautiful. Sorry you ended up with a c-section and bleeding. I hope your feeling better after the transfusion
    @northbeach3 hang in there, the early days are tough. If your nipples are just a little sore that's ok, if its more than that I would reach out to an LC. Some kiddos can start off with a decent latch (or we think its a decent latch) but its not and some help can make a world of difference. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @northbeach3 I met with the lactation nurse yesterday and I feel so much better after meeting with her. It gave me some good pointers. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @northbeach3 you can talk to the lactation consultant even after being discharged. They've got a support group at my hospital you can go to weekly. And the first few days are incredibly hard! Give yourself gave and don't expect perfection. 
  • Options
    Congratulations to all the mommas! Like others have said, come join us on FB, it's a little bit more active than on here for new mommas.

When I went to my newborn check at my peds office, the office has a lactation consultant within the department, so I was able to get a consult the next day and went back several times within the first few months. Even for those that might decide/end up pumping exclusively, lactation consultants can still help with any issues you may be having (pain when pumping; recurring clogged ducts, etc.)!
  • Options
    congratulations @northbeach3 I'm so happy for you! and I agree with the other ladies, give yourself sometimes, don't be hard on yourself it's normal the way you feel it will get better! you did good mama, congrats! 
    Congratulations again @Griffin5413! what a pretty girl! and I love the pic with big brother! 
    @ndz2018 wow! things are speeding up for you! sorry about the previa, but I know baby will be ok and you as well if you end up having him early. That's exciting! 
    My appt went well, still no preeclampsia and measurement is on track so no growth scan scheduled yet. my OB will check at my next appt if i start dilating. the training is still going slow, which concerns me a little as well as the lady, I hope I will be able to make it till next month so she can learn more. but so far it looks like I will go full term which is good but i'm also getting impatient to see my baby with everybody around me having theirs 
  • Options
    @northbeach3
    I second what mtpbadger said -- most pediatricians (ours at least) have a lactation consultant either on staff or someone that comes to their office as needed. I always keep my nurse's advice in mind though -- don't be afraid to admit when you've had enough. While that was in regards to the induction, I think it goes for alot of the early newborn stuff. Your mental state is important too! Whatever works best for your family - EBF, pumping, supplementing or formula -- is the best way to go. 

But yes, ladies, come join us on Facebook -- you can get responses much quicker and it's much more active for new mommies :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    @Griffin5413
    Also congrats on the adorable bebe :smile:
     Looks like her brother is already in love!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    bkatpbkatp member
    @Griffin5413 sorry you had to go through so much but congratulations on baby girl. She is beautiful. 
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 Congratulations!!! She's a doll !!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Hi all, so much action since I last checked in!!! Ahhh, @Griffin5413, Emily and Lucy have the same bdays! And in fact, Emily was born earlier than Lucy! So crazy. Sorry to hear your c section has left you black and blue. Hope recovery is going well. Your family is beautiful. 

We made the week milestone. Things are looking up. Had Lactation consult yesterday and THANK THE LORD. That visit was THE most helpful visit I’ve had to date with any of my providers. She reassured me that my milk production was right on track and gave me SPECIFICS on how to navigate BF, pumping, and supplementing. Feeling much more reassured on that front. 

We go go back to pediatrician today to check bilirubin levels. Think we’re almost out of the woods. Lucy’s weight is back on the rise and she’s looking more pink. 

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement. I’m not on FB anymore. I’d have to consider making a shadow account to join the group. 

Some pics from week one:

Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• Options
    @northbeach3
    Ohmygosh she is so adorable!!!! I'm so glad you're feeling like you're in a better spot -- the first weeks are rough, esp. with BFing. Lactation nurses/consultants are a godsend, I think. I sorta cheated since we started with formula (for health reasons - long story that is probably TLDR for here haha) and we were able to really get a bunch of food into her easily in the first weeks. Our pediatrician tracked her bili levels out of caution but Anne never really got jaundiced. 

You're like my husband; he's not on facebook -- he just has a profile that he keeps locked so no one can fake one for him. We also have the new mommies thread here which is slow or fast depending on how many questions people ask, but I know the older baby questions can be intimidating sometimes. But we've all been there, done that and are happy to offer any advice. 

My biggest advice going forward is to make sure you get out of the house and have some time for yourself baby-free every day....even if it's just a 15 minute trip to the store to pick up something. I would just go out to the Walgreens across the way from us and browse around to avoid getting cabin fever. Depending on what your doctor has advised, she should be okay for outings after 4 weeks. My dad (I have the privilege of having a pediatrician for a father haha) recommended that we go out but at off hours -- like 4:30 for dinner or strange things like that. That way places would be emptier and she wouldn't get as much exposure.

So, does it feel surreal? That she's actually here and in your arms and you have a baby? I remember just staring at Anne for hours like I couldn't believe she was actually here and we were starting on a new chapter in our lives. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Options
    What a beautiful baby @northbeach3, congratulations again!
  • Options
    @northbeach3 She's beautiful!!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Thanks ladies!! Little Lucy is doing much better. Got the all clear on lowered jaundice levels on Friday. We’re just now working on regaining birth weight. About 4 oz to go by wed or so. Eating healthily so think we’ll get there soon enough. 

Another meeting with LC on Tuesday. Hope she can give me a plan to up BF and reduce supplements. Still have low production while pumping (.5 oz total per 15 min session, with left boob always providing a trickle compared to right one). Have been guzzling mothers milk tea and chowing down on lactation cookies for past several days but no real impact yet. :/  any other suggestions for upping milk?  LC has me BF 10 m on each side before pumping. I def see little one getting milk. Sucking more actively now that jaundice is gone and milk dribbling out when de latching. 

• Options
    @northbeach3 Lucy is absolutely adorable! I love that Emily and Lucy have the same bday 🥰
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @northbeach3 its not uncommon to have a "slacker boob". I would make sure your drinking a ton. Do you massage your breasts while pumping? that can help you get more. What pump are you using? can you adjust the suction or frequency to see if you respond better? Sometimes trying a hospital grade pump can make a big difference. There also women who don't produce a ton and need to supplement and that is OK.  Also keep in mind that your supply can increase for quite a while (like up to 3-4 months). 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @Griffin5413 a late congrats, she is beautiful!!!
  • Options
    @northbeach3 just on here for first time in awhile, Time is a blur, but wanted to say congrats and she is just precious! So happy for you!