Options

Weekly Check-in Group 3 (Jan 17-24) w/o 6/3

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who is it? 

Re: Weekly Check-in Group 3 (Jan 17-24) w/o 6/3

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/18, 7w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry!

Upcoming Appointments: F/U scan June 12th

How are you feeling?: Mostly ok. Symptoms were kind of coming and going but picked up again this weekend. Major exhaustion, I pretty much slept all weekend. Waves of nausea, and my boobs are killing me. 

Rants/Raves: Emotionally I am trying to hold onto that I am pregnant today and that this pregnancy is different from the last one. But...
    TW: loss mentioned
    This is the week I lost the baby last time. I had a great scan last week and my numbers look great. But I'm feeling the PGAL anxiety strong this week. I think maybe I'll feel better after I get through this week and get to my next scan next week.

Questions: Anyone else with PCOS? When are you stopping Metformin? With my DS my OB had me stop at 10wks, this time I'm with an RE so things are a little different. My RE hasn't mentioned anything yet. But I went to refill my rx and I didn't have any refills left, I have enough to get me to about 9wks. I'm going to call my OB today to see if he wants to refill them for me or just have me stop after this bottle is done. He will probably be a bit shocked though, he has no idea I'm PG since I've been with the RE this whole time. 

I've been told I look like Wednesday Addams from the Addams Family. 'Wednesday' is actually a nickname I've had for awhile now too. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6w5d 

Baby is the size of a(n): post of an earring

Upcoming Appointments: f/u ultrasound June 12th

How are you feeling?: not in a good headspace. PGAL brain is kicking my butt. Symptoms aren’t crazy so that’s not helping. I still have boob pain, some cramping, fatigue, insomnia and a decreased appetite. I’ve actually already lost some weight because I have zero desire for food. Who knows what’s going on.  

Rants/Raves: We should be picking up our new kitten soon so we went to the pet store yesterday and picked up some things for her. I’m hoping our other cat Elvis adjusts well. I’ll throw a pic in spoiler of the kitten. We have no idea what to name her although dh is partial to Guinness. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who is it? I can’t recall anyone telling me I look like anyone. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hanshotfirst77 I take metformin and have been told I’d continue throughout the pregnancy to control my insulin resistance.
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 ya know it's weird, I've been googling it and seems there are so many different experiences with metformin and pregnancy. Some people get told to stop at a certain point and some take it the whole time. I left a message for my OB so I'm waiting to hear what he thinks. I wonder though if maybe I should stay on it. I didn't have any issues with my GTT with my DS though and they made me take it twice because of the PCOS.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: jan 17th/7w03d

Baby is the size of a(n): a piece of uncooked macaroni LOL

Upcoming Appointments: Moved back to US June 18th and OB visit July 2nd to go to a UPenn dr. Soooo I have a bunch of other appointments to cancel LOL

How are you feeling?: nausea is kicking my butt for sure. I haven't puked yet but I'm sure it's just a matter of time now. Also tired. Very tired. Other than that I feel normal.

Rants/Raves: Still keeping it a secret is hard. Especially yesterday when I wasn't feeling well and popped over to a friends house for a bit. My hubby kept asking me how I was feeling and I was like... can you just SHUSH! LOL. Way to be subtle hun. Also this nausea is putting a damper on my sex drive. LIke I want it but it's super hard to focus and feel good when your stomach is just being a nudge the entire time. LOL. Rave though? At least I can eat all the carbs I want since that's like the one thing I can handle even through the nausea. The Carb Queen has returned and my hubby can't judge me right now HAHAHA!! #win. 

Questions: Do you all tell your parents in person?? WE are about 3hrs away, so going down to visit the parents isn't hard, but also I feel like trying to get them all together to tell them all at once is a little... suspicious LOL. I feel like the moms will figure it out before we even go down. LOL

GTKY: Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who is it? Emma Watson when she was playing Hermione. It's the curly hair.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited June 2019
    @hanshotfirst77 I'm sorry you have to deal with PGAL brain. I can't fully imagine what you're going through exactly, but I'm rooting for you! I think taking it one day at a time is a good approach. 

@kbrown2385 I'm sorry you also have to deal with PGAL brain. No one deserves that, but I'm rooting for you too! Also, you'r new kitty is adorable!! I like the name Guinness, it fits her coloring too.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20, 20. 7 WKs today based on LMP

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments: June 6th. Finally around the corner! But it's just intake so not sure what to expect. 

How are you feeling?: overall really good. Boobs still sore but not as bad and fatigue. The swelling in my feet went down significantly, probably because I relaxed with my feet propped up basically all weekend so I'm happy about that. 

Rants/Raves: I'm going to have to rave about MH. He's been really great, especially considering what a lazy bum I've become. I'm just so tired! The past 2 weekends he's been outside making our land look amazing! Planting things, setting up a new sprinkler system, etc. The past 2 weekends I've slept and binge watched tv/movies and he hasn't mentioned my lack of productivity even once and I really appreciate that. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who is it? Nope. But a friend apparently found my doppelganger on a trip to Israel. He said for a moment he was certain I must've flown there to surprise him or something because she looked exactly like me. Weird. But I have heard that everyone has a doppelganger somewhere in the world. 

Edit: typo
  • Options
    @hanshotfirst77 anything I found said the pros outweigh the cons and there really aren’t any cons. I also read all sorts of things regarding stopping metformin and losses (and I’m crazy) so going into the appt I already knew I didn’t want to stop. My dr just confirmed what I already knew and agreed I’d continue taking it. 
  • Options
    Love how this thread is always hopping!

@hanshotfirst77 - The milestone of my last loss was so mind racking. I hope this week flies by for you and that you continue to feel all the symptoms.

@kbrown2385 - You still have some symptoms, so that's good! I hope they ramp up today for you. The kitty is so cute!!

@stashattack - I love all the carbs! It's the one thing that I can eat despite the nausea. Make sure to eat a little protein here and there, as it helps with the nausea. Do you have curly hair too?? I'm a curly head fanatic! 

@peppyj9 - Glad your swelling went down. I always had to drink a lot of water to keep my swelling down.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 18th / 7w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): a playing die

Upcoming Appointments: Next Monday!

How are you feeling?: Constantly nauseated, all around like crap, tired. My symptoms waned on Saturday, but came back full force yesterday.

Rants/Raves: My parents are coming to town today and I'm excited to have an extra couple pairs of hands to take care of DD and clean my house and make food.

Questions: 

GTKY: Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who is it? Rachel McAdams as a brunette

• Options
    @marebear15 Yes!!! I'm a curly too!! I'm actually an admin of a large curly group on facebook haha!! I don't have the spirals you have but they are getting there!! haha!!

• Options
    @stashattack @marebear15 oh I love curly hair!! Yours are both gorgeous! Mine is super fine and straight and I've always had fomo lol. MH has curly hair, which I never get to see because he's ex-navy and now in the reserves so he always has a buzz cut, but I'm hoping our LO gets his hair! 
  • Options
    @stashattack - Are you CGM? I'm a member of like 3 Curly Girl groups on Facebook.
  • Options
    @stashattack @marebear15 I’m so jealous of your curls! I have curly hair and cannot for the life of me figure out a good curly girl routine. Most of the time I give up and put it in a bun. Also, I’m probably in all the same fb groups you guys are lol
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 - I use pretty cheap products: NYMN Pink shampoo, Garnier Avocado Mask as my detangler/conditioner/leave-in, Kinky Curly Curling Custard, and Aussie Instant Freeze gel. Squish to condish, and scrunching my hair a little with a tshirt before applying products has been the two biggest things to help my hair (besides the obvious of no brushing, no heat, and no sulfates/silicones.)
  • Options
    @marebear15 that’s pretty much my routine. I think we discussed this once or twice on ttgp too. I’ve ventured out and tried all sorts of different products. I don’t know if I have the patience for it lol. 
  • Options
    @hanshotfirst77 and @kbrown2385 so sorry y’all are dealing with PGAL brain :(

@stashattack we told my MIL in person because we were meeting up with her. We told my mom over the phone because she lives way too far away. Which sucks. 

@peppyj9 glad your swelling has gone down!

@marebear15 I love your curly hair! I wanted to try CGM but got super overwhelmed. Before DS my hair held curls so well. Now it’ll curl for a few hours then fall no matter what gel/scrunching method I use. It’s so frustrating 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/23 6w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip

Upcoming Appointments: intake appointment Thursday!

How are you feeling?: not good. Tired and nauseated. Bloated but I think I’ve actually
    lost weight because no food sounds good. Oh and irritable. Really irritable. 

Rants/Raves: MH has been a total life saver. So naturally the Army decides he needed to be gone most of the week at the last minute. Which also means he won’t be around to wrangle DS at my intake appointment which I was really looking forward to. 

Questions: not that I can think of

GTKY: Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who is it? I’ve been told Anne Hathaway (but probably in a pre Princess Diaries makeover way)
  • Options
    @marebear15 & @kbrown2385 def come hang with us in the #curlyconnection if you aren't already on facebook! It's legit the nicest CG group ever. Like I've run from other groups because of the crazy drama llama that goes down. @MrsJessS definitely come check out the group too!! We have set up units that break down the methods really easily and we answer all of the questions people have <3 It's definitely process over product and it takes time. 

@marebear15 I've been full CGM for about 4 months now! It's been great. Though with all this morning sickness, my hair has been in what I like to call "bun of shame" for the past few weeks cuz I can't be bothered with my routine ATM. 

I'm thinking about doing a series in that group about curly hair and pregnancy and post pregnancy (as long as all goes well) when I can announce it comfortably and talk about the chances I notice because I've heard lots of people's hair changes with all the hormones and stuff. 
  • Options
    @MrsJessS - Yeah, CGM is something you really have to stick to to see results. So frustrating that YH won't be there for your first appointment.

@stashattack - I've been full CGM since Feb 2018! It definitely has been a process, but now that I have my routine, it's so easy. My worst hair days are way better than my best ones before CGM. I really don't use my groups as much as I used to when I was first starting out. But I do have a list of products I want to try at some point.
  • Options
    @marebear15 I totally agree with you. my worse days are still so much better now than before. I can't wait to see where my long term results take me. I also have a list of products I'm dying to try. But I'm trying to be a good girl and work through my DevaCurl products before I switch over to Innersense 100% LOL.
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/17 8w

Baby is the size of a(n): kidney bean

Upcoming Appointments: not until July

How are you feeling?: not bad! A little nausea here and there, but generally feeling ok. I realized when I get full I feel sick afterwards so I am going to try to start eating smaller portions and stopping when I am about 80% full. Not easy for me to do usually, but will try.

Rants/Raves: Yesterday was my last day of school (I’m a teacher) and my husband and I are going to Greece on Sunday! My parents and his in-laws will be watching my DD and we will be home for about 10 days. We are so excited to have a nice vacation but I am also nervous to leave my little one for such a long time (haven’t left her for more than a few days before). I am hoping I feel ok while on the trip, too. Ideally babymoons are booked for second trimester but we’ve had this trip planned since September so...oh well! Will make the best of however I am feeling. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who is it? Not really. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  Not quite sure.  Between 7-8 weeks.  

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:
    6/21 for my intake appointment and doppler.  We aren't doing any ultrasounds until the anatomy scan. 

How are you feeling?:
    nausea has hit hard. My nausea feels like I am hungover with seasickness.  It's the worst because I cannot puke and then just feel okay like last pregnancy.

Rants/Raves: 2.5 days of work left before summer. ( I am teaching summer school but that's way easier than regular school year teaching)

Questions: 

I don't get told I look like a celebrity rather that I look like "someone I know".  I get this everywhere I go. I guess I have a generic face? weep womp.
  • Options
    @hanshotfirst77 hang in there. The week is almost over!
    @kbrown2385 I don't really like cats but that kitty sure is cute!  Is your son soooo happy?
    @peppyj9 you're allowed to be lazy AF the first and last trimerster. As for me, I threw int eh second trimester just to be extra.
    @marebear15 don't you hate how you cannot even enjoy your good days because of worry?  
    @MrsJessS Is your husband gone often? That must be difficult. 

• Options
    @justsuzie I compared it to seasickness, too! When you have the flu, you get a wave a nausea then throw up. This nausea is NONSTOP like seasickness. Weeks and weeks of seasickness. 🤢
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @justsuzie he’s in the Army and we are at a base that loves field training for no particular reason. It’s been better recently but he’s gone quite a bit, works weird hours, and will be deployed when this baby is born 🤷🏻‍♀️ It sucks. But it’s our version of normal 
  • Options
    MrsJessS said:
    @justsuzie he’s in the Army and we are at a base that loves field training for no particular reason. It’s been better recently but he’s gone quite a bit, works weird hours, and will be deployed when this baby is born 🤷🏻‍♀️ It sucks. But it’s our version of normal 
    That must be really hard.  Do you have family or friends that are close to you?
  • Options
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/22/20 7w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): piece of uncooked macaroni! (My fav daily update so far)

Upcoming Appointments: 6/11 3pm our first scan. Then will set up the first full on appt with all the bloodwork. [Rough day for me with bloodwork]

How are you feeling?: up and down. I get paranoid and upset when my symptoms aren't as strong. My glaring memory for my mmc was how my boobs stopped being tender, initially I didnt put 2 and 2 together.  So now any relief from that pain scares me and I turn into a moody monster. But I also was crampy starting at 6wks and had spotting,  and none of that this time. But I "spot" check every bathroom visit.  My emotions are terrible,  my poor boyfriend...

Rants/Raves: I just dont love food right now but I'm always very hungry in the early part of the day. I used to not eat until lunch so it's weird I have to have something the moment I get up, and small healthy snacks until I manage to get a bigger, more satisfying meal. But I've lost about 2lbs since 4wks, not intentionally!!!

Questions: What do I expect at my first US appt? I'm scared it will be bad news. Then I think if I can get through this, my next giant fear is NIPT, I think my doc said they do at 11 weeks. After that will my brain feel better??

GTKY: Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who is it?  Reese Witherspoon,  I think because I'm petite, blonde and smiley (well not so smiley lately). But... I have the curls girls! Now I'm interested in the above convos...had no idea there are groups for this!! 
    I am a no fuss curl girl which is why I rock them. I simply use a wide tooth comb after shower, add a tiny dollop of product and my hair does what it wants. I see no point in spending time on it!!!
  • Options
    @mammab120 Since you had a mmc, that means you’ve had an u/s before, correct? In case you meant miscarriage rather than missed miscarriage, I’ll explain it like you haven’t had an u/s before. TW...here’s what to expect from someone who has had 3 mmc’s and one baby girl. At 8 weeks they’ll do your u/s on your abdomen. If it is bad news, they may see it right away or they may say they need to try it transvaginally (they insert a wand). That would be because the baby is smaller than would be expected at 8 weeks, which from my experience means it stopped growing and the heart will soon stop beating if it hasn’t already. (If you have really long cycles it could be fine.) If it is good news, the baby looks sort of like a gummy bear and you may get to see it wiggle a bit. They will check the heart rate and make sure it is good. I believe my daughter’s was about 175 at that point, but a bit lower is still fine. If you make it as far as the NIPT and have good results, I think you can relax. That’s when I felt safe with my successful pregnancy. I was nervous again at the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, but that was brief. After that I felt totally confident. I wish you lots of luck. We have the same EDD and my u/s is the day after yours.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @justsuzie I’ve got some really good friends here and they’ve all had at least one baby without their husbands around so they know the drill and all that jazz. My mom is also planning to come be with me. My in lawsuit live two hours away but they are fairly useless and I don’t think I’ll tell them it’s go time until this baby is born because I just don’t want to deal w the drama 
  • Options
    @MrsJessS That's great you have support.  Solo parenting must be so difficult.  
  • Options
    @justsuzie I absolutely couldn’t do it without my friends! Solo parenting does suck but you get in a routine of sorts and it works out
  • Options
    @mammab120 definitely search #curlyconnections on Facebook. You’ll find us!! 😍 we have units all set up to work your way through learning how to care for your curls the best way possible and tons of resources 
  • Options
    @carrieandr thanks for the heads up! I did have a u/s for my mmc, but it was in the er. I was 1 day shy of 8wk but u/s measured about 6. No heartbeat,  they wouldnt show me. Which lends to my nervousness! I've had many transvaginal u/s when I was going through fertility treatments,  IUI process. But this time is different!!!
  • Options
    @mammab120 I have such ptsd from u/s’s my legs shake, even when I went to the RE to do diagnostic stuff rather than check on a pregnancy. I don’t even like seeing them on tv, and it seems like everything I watch ends up with a pregnant woman in it. 🙄
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)