Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 06/03

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): 

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you stay indoors or outdoors more in the summer? 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 06/03

• Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant? tropical coconut? 

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Today! We have our 4D ultrasound and a check-up with the midwife. I can't wait for the u/s and to see him again! 

How are you feeling?: The usual - heartburn, pelvic pain, blah but otherwise good. 

Rants/Raves: The weather was amazing yesterday (31!) so we had a picnic outside with our friends. It was a lot of fun and great. I should have studied more but I didn't. I plan to study as much as possible in the next 3 days. We are going away this weekend to the beach but it is supposed to rain a lot. I hope the forecast clears and it doesn't rain every single day. 

Questions: I feel like I have questions and then I forget. 

Outdoors as long as it is sunny. I love the sun so I try to maximize my outdoor time while I can. I thrive better in the sunshine so I usually take my dog to the park 2 times a day for 1 hour, we do picnics, or just go sit in the park and enjoy the outdoors. 

• Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 28+2

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue

Upcoming Appointments: another US in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: Good, we're on our fake babymoon, so I'm still in bed, don't need to get up for another half hour. Feels weird.

Rants/Raves: I've been thinking about this trip for so long, it's hard to believe it's really here. I know the boys will be great with my mom, so I'm trying to just relax and enjoy it. Easier said than done.

Questions:

GTKY: Do you stay indoors or outdoors more in the summer? Indoors. Give me all the AC. I hate the heat. I also get red really easily, so anytime I spend more than 5 minutes in the hot weather I look like a tomato, and everyone gets very concerned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrosek91, enjoy your babymoon!! 

• Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28w + 2d - Third trimester!

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant? 

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday for a second glucose screen (they did one early this time since I had GD last time) 

How are you feeling?: Not terrible pregnancy-wise

Rants/Raves: My friend finally brought back all the baby stuff I lent her, and now we're just trying to figure out what we need to buy.  DD1 starts "Kindergarten Camp" this week (it's 3 half days at the school getting to know the processes and meeting the teachers so they can put her in the right class).  I'm UNREASONABLY SAD about this. I'm not ready for DD1 to be a kindergartner :( 

GTKY: Do you stay indoors or outdoors more in the summer?:  Well, we live at the pool on the weekends in the summer, so I guess it's technically more outdoors.  Between Saturday and Sunday we probably were at the pool for at least 6 hours combined.  My parents also live on a lake, so we normally spend a lot of time up there, however, with DS coming, they are using June and July to travel a bunch so they can come stay with us from late August - October.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @peachy0709 yay!! I'm glad you finally got your stuff back!!!

@mrosek91 I hope you can enjoy the time to relax!!

@AKuzReve wow that sounds gorgeous! I'm jealous! It was chilly here all weekend. Supposed to be 29 today, now that I'm back at work lol

AFM...
    EDD Aug 30, 27+4

Team Green

Appointment: follow up on Friday due to spotting last week 

Feeling: I'm waddling already. Occasional Pains and GI problems, but otherwise ok pregnancy wise! Return of the sore throat on Saturday though.. yesterday my neighbour said "wow! You're glowing! You literally have the pregnancy glow!!" And I was like "naw ....I'm just super flushed because I'm feverish 😂"

No real rants or raves this week so far. I'm sad I only have 18 more days in my house. I'm tired because I got up to pee 4 times between 9pm and 1130 when I finally was able to fall asleep.

GTKY: I like to be outside when I can. As a kid, spent all summer out in the pool. Now, work kinda ruins that.
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/26, 28 weeks!

Baby is the size of a(n): a tropical coconut

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink!

Upcoming Appointments: 3D U/S this afternoon and our 28 week check up

How are you feeling?: I feel good besides feeling huge already (second pregnancy), and depending on how much I managed to stay asleep with my pregnancy pillow will determine how much my back aches. Looks like I kept ending up on my back last night because my lower back is so achy today and my chair at work does not help.

Rants/Raves: Rant: DH is feeling under the weather with sinus congestion and some post nasal drip which is causing a sore throat. He is the worst sick person ever and can.not.deal. Normally I'd just deal with it because he's just crabbier when he doesn't feel well, but otherwise we manage fine. For some reason I am super annoyed by his sad sack sickness this time around and have no sympathy. 
    Rave: We turned our toddler's car seat around (in accordance with the state law and car seat guidelines) and life is so much easier trying to get him in the car before daycare. He's much happier, too!

Questions: Did any other STM feel like they gained weight faster the second time? I weigh the same now at 28 weeks as I did with my first at 36 weeks. Feeling concerned that I'm going to balloon during this final trimester.

GTKY: Do you stay indoors or outdoors more in the summer? We love to be outdoors when the weather is tolerable/there's opportunities to cool off. TBD if I'll survive this summer without more A/C
  • Options
    @AKuzReve I hope it doesn't rain on your beach trip! Let us know how the appt goes today. I'm curious what everyone's LO's weigh now especially, but we won't have our next u/s for a few more weeks. 
    @mrosek91 What's on the agenda the rest of the day? I'm glad you got to stay in bed late!
    @peachy0709 Jealous of the easy pool access! It's understandable you're sad your daughter is growing u up, I think that's hard. 
    @chillycanadian I waddle now too, not all the time but the longer I walk the more I waddle. You are not waddling alone! I find the pregnancy glow thing to be kind of a farce. People tell me I'm glowing and I tend to think it's BS. I have something similar happen with peeing pretty much every night. I get up at least once an hour for the first three hours I'm in bed, then I can usually get 2-3 hours of sleep in before needing to get up again. Yikes. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/29 / 27w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Yellow turnip (huh?)

Upcoming Appointments: This Friday I have my glucose test, TDAP, and a routine check (HB and measurement of my ute)

How are you feeling?: Generally good but the fatigue is real. I may have just overdone it last week, we went to a concert series several times that kept us out until 11pm three nights last week, and I realized this past weekend was the first weekend I've been home for nearly a month. 

Rants/Raves: When I need to pee and I walk I am sore down low in my abdomen. I am wondering if it's ligament related and I just need to stretch more or if baby is sitting on my bladder. Generally I'm well but the tiredness is making me regret that our house is far from ready for baby. In theory we have a plan and professionals are going to do the hard stuff (like putting in our new floors) but still, eek, we have a lot to do and this weekend I pulled 75% of stuff from the walk-in closet in our guest bedroom (soon to be nursery) and that's all I managed to do...

Questions:  I don't think we've talked about birth plans in this thread? I know there's a big birth plan thread. Not asking for deep specifics but do you plan to have a c section, be induced, or wait it out? I am leaning towards being induced a little before my due date if that is an option (my dr mentioned it to me way back when). Curious what people's plans are. Also, are you going to move to the FB group? I am not sure if I will yet. 

GTKY: Do you stay indoors or outdoors more in the summer? Ack, it's too hot here for me to be very outdoorsy in the summer. We are already hitting 90 regularly and also have significant humidity. I also suffer from such bad seasonal allergies that even in the spring when it's really nice out I can't be outside for too long because the pollen is so miserable. 
  • Options
    aecmaecm member

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24, 28+2

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue x2

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday! US, GTT, and OB check-in

How are you feeling?: Falling asleep earlier, so apparently I’m tired. SPD is still a huge pain. Mentally I’m ready for a check-up to make sure the boys are still doing well, so hopefully my appts can let me relax a bit again. 

Rants/Raves: 

I had my “mom’s helper” start today....it’s gonna be LIFE CHANGING. Lol. It was amazing how productive I could be when someone else is entertaining my kid / making sure she doesn’t die! I’m still there to discipline if needed, prep her meals, etc. so everything is still being done exactly how I like it, but I actually get to do stuff that I’ve keeps getting put off! Plus I’ll have one of them here every weekday so there’s no rush to get stuff done, I can sit and relax when needed, then go back to work. I’m in heaven right now.

Outdoors til it’s >90F (so outdoors for a good chunk of May and some of June, indoors for July & August, and back outdoors for Sept. and the first half of Oct.). And by outdoors, I mean hanging out on my shaded screened-in porch. Tho having a kid is getting me out more, mainly to the splash pads, on those hot summer days. I just can’t keep her cooped up inside. Also, I enjoy escaping the July heat for my parent’s cottage in Canada. We usually go for 2 weeks, but I’ve been known to stay for a month 😂
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @aecm Tell me more about "mom's helper" and what that entails? Like what is the pay scale for that, like a nanny? Do you go through a service? 
  • Options
    aecmaecm member
    @zamora_spin It’s super informal - I’ve hired my friend’s two older girls (age 12 & 14) to help me out this summer. One of them is here from 9am until DD goes down for her nap (1:30pm-ish) on the weekdays and do the stuff I’m struggling to do while pregnant (play with her in the back yard, help pull her pants up after going potty, lift her into her crib, etc). They’ll also “fly solo” and basically babysit when I have to go out for appointments. So I still see my kid, discipline my kid, make food for my kid...most things I would normally do, I just have help with the more physical aspects of childcare. I’m paying them $25/day (about $5/hr). It’s less than I would pay a babysitter...but they’re young and I’m there to handle the really tough stuff like tantrums, lol. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @peachy0709, good luck with the GD screen! 

@chillycanadian, good luck on the follow up! Have you had any more spotting? Can’t believe your move is already here. I woke up at 3:40 to watch the raptors game and I’m finally getting tired now. 

@zamora_spin, it went so well! I love seeing him. He weighs 2 lbs 12.5 oz now! Head down and so active and cute. I got some great photos. As for birth, they won’t induce you here before a certain timeframe (unless you maybe really push). I don’t want to go over 41 weeks though. I am hopeful that I can avoid a c/s as much as possible. Please join us on FB! We would miss you. You don’t need to friend anyone to join if that’s a concern. I feel you on the pollen. Luckily my allergies have subsided but I think the early spring may have contributed. Feb-May was terrible. 

@aecm, good luck on the GTT! Feel you on the SPD (fun fact now called PGP) as mine has been horrible. A mom helper sounds amazing! 

• Options
    Allycat11Allycat11 member
    edited June 2019

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/24 28w2d

Baby is the size of a(n):

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): green

Upcoming Appointments: growth ultrasound tomorrow, dietician appt later this week and regular appt next week. 

How are you feeling?: like crap quite frankly

Rants/Raves: Failed my GTT last week and found out I have very low iron. Never problems in previous pregnancies. I am pretty sure my body is telling me we are done making babies. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you stay indoors or outdoors more in the summer? It depends on the year. This year I will probably enjoy a lot of time inside the a/c or in our hammock in the shade. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @zamora_spin I'm calling it a fake babymoon because technically I'm on a work trip, so I was at work until 6. Then DH and I walked to really upscale steakhouse about 20 minutes away. We are now back at the hotel and I am taking a 5 minute TB break (I was in client meetings all day so there is so much to catch up on!) then DH will try to convince me unsuccessfully to not call my mom to check in. And then we will debate watching a movie or sleeping. The rest of the week will follow the same schedule. Although we'll pick a different restaurant type each night. Then Thursday night we'll head home.
    I am planning on waiting for the baby to show up naturally as long as my doctor will let. DS#1 showed up 6 days late, and DS#2 was in that rare group and showed up on his due date. I have heard that labor is easier if it is allowed to progress naturally, and both my boys were unmediated natural labors, I'm hoping for the same this time. Also, I believe the baby knows when it's ready, and makes that known.
  • Options
    Hi friends! Yesterday was busy but I'm WFH today so I have time to check in!!

@AKuzReve I'm glad your appointment went well and you got to do a 4D ultrasound! We considered it but never jumped the gun on it...
    @mrosek91 I hope you enjoy your babymoon! I'm sure it's an adjustment, especially waking up in the mornings only needing to take care of yourself!
    @peachy0709 So glad you finally got your clothes back from your friend!! Kindergarten is such a big step, I think it's totally reasonable to be a little sad!
    @chillycanadian I can't believe that you move so soon! I'm sure it's both exciting and sad. We talk a lot about when we'll want to upgrade to a single family (we're currently in a townhouse) but I know I'll miss this house when we do end up selling!
    @kminacap I'm a FTM but I feel like I'm gaining weight faster than I thought I would... also concerned about ballooning during the last tri! I also have very little sympathy for my H when he's sick. Maybe if he managed to suck it up a little more and still get things done, but he just turns into a pathetic lard for the most minor of illnesses :lol:
    @zamora_spin Assuming we have no complications in third tri, I'm hoping to just wait it out and go into labor naturally. But, I don't want to go more than 1 week late (not sure if my OB would even let me) so at that point I'd consider being induced. Also yes, I'm planning to make the jump to Facebook! My profile is mostly locked down and the platform is so much easier to use than TB!
    @aecm I'm so glad that a mother's helper is going to be super helpful for you! I did that as a kid and I'm sure the moms really appreciated it.
    @Allycat11 Sorry you're having issues with your glucose and iron. Is your OB putting you on an iron supplement? Or do you just need to adjust your diet?

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/31, 27 + 3

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant?

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): pink

Upcoming Appointments: This Friday 6/7! Just our 28 week appt and glucose test.

How are you feeling?: Had some RLP and mild reflux but that's been better for the past few days. Hoping they stay away!

Rants/Raves: One more week left of school! I can't wait!! Also, my coworkers threw me a small shower yesterday at a restaurant and they got us SO much stuff! Mostly clothes, some books, swaddles, etc. but I was really appreciative. Some of the don't know me very well and still went out of their way to spoil our little girl.

My rant is that I was hoping one of the schools I teach at was working on a plan for my long term sub in the fall, so that I could prep any materials needed before leaving for the summer. Well, I met with my boss yesterday and he's literally done NOTHING - even had the nerve to ask me if I had anyone in mind to be my sub. Um, no. Thankfully the sub is worked out at the other school and she doesn't need any materials from me since she's taught these classes before, so I just have one school to worry about. I'm tempted to do nothing before summer, and if I happen to be back for Teacher Work Week (which I should, unless baby arrives 2 weeks early) then I'll worry about plans then. Otherwise, they're on their own!

Questions: none atm

GTKY: Do you stay indoors or outdoors more in the summer? I used to have a horse, so I would spend a ton of time outdoors in the summer. The past few years I've been more of a homebody, and I'm sure this year won't be much different since I'll be super pregnant. But I'm hoping to get out to our neighborhood pool as often as possible! I need to get over my fear of going alone - there's quite a few days when H works and I would like to go but I can't get myself to go by myself.
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28+1, 8/26

What team are you on (Blue, Pink, or Green): blue 

Upcoming Appointments: infusion tomorrow 

How are you feeling?: had 3hr glucose today. Really knocked me out I’m so tired 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: anyone been to Disney while pregnant? We are going end of June and I just want to be prepared 

I have 2 little boys and one on the way. It’s torture keeping them indoors even on rainy days lol 
  • Options
    @mia8263 I have been to Disney World a few times while pregnant. Take frequent breaks, drink tons and tons and tons of water and just know your limits. Late June in Orlando is rough no matter what but especially while pregnant. It also helps to soak your feet at night to help with pain and swelling. With DS we came back from one trip to WDW and my feet were swollen so bad that my toes would not bend. i have never experienced swelling like that in any pregnancy so I almost called my OB, but it returned to normal within a few days. On that note, take sandals that allow for swelling. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @dogmomma096, I'm not sure we would have done it if it was a separate thing but it's part of our package at the midwife so it was automatically included. Yay for school being almost done! I would also just wait and leave it to them - you gave them loads of time to prepare so... 

• Options
    @Allycat11 thank you. It is our first trip with DS2 so I plan to just go at his pace so he doesn’t get overwhelmed. I bought the frog togg towels which advertise to keep you cool all day but I was worried about something like that, swelling of feet or legs. I also have compression socks for the restless leg so I’m hoping that helps. Gonna look for some good sandals this weekend- thank you! 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin high five for the waddle club! 😁 Haha I'm noticing some days are worse than others. Today, for example, it's literally side to side 😂

@AKuzReve thanks! Fingers crossed, no more spotting yet. Hopefully it was just a delayed reaction to the...fun time with DH 4 days earlier. I'm slowly starting to calm down a bit more again. I was pretty tense for a while there. I can't believe you got up so early to watch the game! That's dedication!!

@dogmomma096 I can't believe it either! It's come up so fast! Just like this baby... It seemed like forever away, just a while ago. And now we are all so close!! Last night I started crying again, thinking about leaving the house. This time, specifically about my dog not understanding it would be her last time in the house. She wouldn't get a chance to say goodbye. Ha. Now I'm crying again at work haha. It's amazing how attached we can get to a house, eh?
    That's so sweet of your coworkers!!!! 

• Options
    Bah, I totally failed my 1 hour glucose test. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @peachy0709, oh no! Do you have to do the 3 hr now?

On that note, I had my call with the nutritionist today and she reviewed my numbers and diet. I can drop down to testing 2 days a week and I’m so excited. My fingers are tired. 

• Options
    @peachy0709 ugh, sorry to hear that. Did you pass or fail with your other kids, whats the plan moving forward?  With DD I failed 1, passed 3. With DS passed 1. This one I failed the 1 with enough of a margin I skipped the 3 and went right to GD diet. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @AKuzReve and @Allycat11 - I passed the 1 hour with flying colors with DD1.  Had a GD diagnosis with DD2.   This was actually my second 1 hour with this pregnancy - we tested around 20 weeks just to make sure it wasn't a pre-existing condition, but I passed then.  Taking the 3 hour on Monday. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @peachy0709 fingers crossed you pass the 3 hour this time!
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    Aww @peachy0709 I'm sorry! That's so disappointing! I hope the 3 hours goes well, and you pass with flying colours!
  • Options
    @peachy0709 hope you pass the 3hr! 
  • Options
    @peachy0709 That sucks! I'm sorry, I hope you pass the 3 hour! 
    @chillycanadian Today is also a waddle heavy day for me!