Trying to Get Pregnant

You Aren't Pregnant. Calm Down. (the help thread)

Re: You Aren't Pregnant. Calm Down. (the help thread)

• Loading the player...
  • edited April 2019
    I'm having a similar problem as @inthewoods23 . Why do dreams have to mess with our psyche?

Yes, you had a vivid dream that you had a baby. This means nothing. Its CD 10 and you're not even in your FW yet. Knock it off!

Edit: grammar
  • @spacemountaineer dreams get sooo crazy while TTCing! I posted in WTO or TWW a while ago about 3 positive Pee sticks I took in a dream and wanting to use a test that was a 100% positive, but super expensive, to tell if I was knocked up. Got the stick in my hands (turned out it was a wooden test... who knew my dreams would be so literal with the term stick) and it BROKE in my hands before I could take it! That’s when I woke up🤣
  • @madcouplewithabox - I laughed out loud at the wooden stick test. I would have woken up freaked out about breaking the expensive test! :smiley:
  • You feel sick because you ate an entire pineapple in one sitting (including chewing on the core), not because you’re pregnant. 

Fun fact- pretty sure I’m allergic to pineapple or atleast fresh pineapple. If that’s even a thing lol. Cause pineapple shouldn’t taste like blood 
  • @kels0091 i’m allergic to pineapple! gives me an itchy mouth. also i think to cherries—& “tastes like blood” is a great way to describe why i know i’m allergic to cherries. 
  • @kagesstarshroom @kels0091
    I'm allergic to raw pineapple! I ended up in the emergency clinic last time I ate it. I had and itchy, burning mouth along with tongue-swelling. I also got a huge rash from my chin down to my chest. I had to get a steroid shot, and it was absolutely miserable!
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @kagesstarshroom
    @flowntheloop

good to know I’m not crazy ! It’s a thing lol 
  • Y’all are not crazy at all @kels0091 @flowntheloop @kagesstarshroom. We call it “pineapple mouth” here, very common for lots of people. Oddly, people who are allergic to pineapple also often suffer from “mango mouth”. Not sure if you’ve ever tested that...
  • flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited April 2019
    @keikilove I'm fine with mango. :) I just ate one today, actually!

A lot of people have oral allergies/sensitivities these days, don't they? I've heard that pineapple is a common one.  The only reason I went to the emergency clinic is because it progressed to systemic symptoms (rash and some breathing issues). It can get really nasty when the immune system starts flipping out like that!

Edit: added text
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @shoogapoff Those crampy twinges get me every time lol. It’s like “oh definitely an egg released”, ”implantation”? Lol. Meanwhile it’s probably getting up too fast or indigestion 😂.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @brookert615 Yeah, totally has nothing to do with the obscene amount of cheese I'd eaten! :P 
  • @shoogapoff Hahah that’ll do it! 😂😂😂
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Calm down, you only have to pee so much because you are drinking a ton of water.
  • @brookert615 Although in your case, the milkshake thing might have actually turned out to be true! 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @brookert615 I see craving milkshakes made it into your symptoms too  :D 
  • @inthewoods23 OMG yay!  Thinking of you!  I hope it goes smoothly!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Just because you are bloated, does not mean you are pregnant, and please stop googling "earliest" pregnancy symptoms and then "start feeling" those symptoms, this is not how it works!! 5 pregnancy tests done on separate days cannot all be incorrect just because you have "that hunch" (which you have been having almost every month before AF shows up).....Calm down!!! 
  • @mercury94 😂 It's a problem I'd love to have.  
  • @ruby696 @mercury94 I think having a leap day baby would be so cool!  What do they recognize legally as your birthday when it's on leap day?  Like, when would they accept an ID on a 21st birthday?  I'd just go with that cuz it's the law and stuff.  Haha!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll omg if you read the website Ask A Manager, there was a letter where an employer let's you take off for your birthday (weekend birthdays will get Monday or Friday off), but for the new hire with a leap year birthday? No, on her date only, 2/29. Can't take off on the 28th or March 1st on non-leap years.

I think most people just assume march 1st becomes the date when there's no 2/29 since technically 2/28 would be a day early.

And speaking again about leap day, my cousin is definitely getting married that day next year. Lol
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Whaaaat?  Weekend birthdays got to substitute a day, but a leap birthday only got a day every 4 years!?  That's some BS!!!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll this link is to an update of the story, so make sure you read the original letter first (they like to it on the page). It's WILD.

https://www.askamanager.org/2018/12/updates-the-insulting-gift-the-employee-born-on-leap-day-and-more.html
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause