July 2019 Moms

Re: June Randoms

• So, I’m apparently useless when MH is out of town and I was awake from 2-4:30 which sucks!! New goal-staying off TB and FB today so I actually get stuff done  
  • Loading the player...
  • So, I’m apparently useless when MH is out of town and I was awake from 2-4:30 which sucks!! New goal-staying off TB and FB today so I actually get stuff done  
    This has changed. Puked up my whole lovely breakfast I made myself so any level of productivity is gone. 
  • @blackhottamales oh no! I hope you feel better today 
  • 22 days or less until my boys are here. I can't believe how fast time goes!
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @blackhottamales sorry you puked! I also surprise vomited this morning, like not just a little gag but a full out toilet hugging violent vomit. Unreal. I don't think I ever puked this late in a pregnancy before.
  • @Cbeanz right?! I told DH yesterday that this was our last full month before we're officially parents :flushed:

I posted this in the Facebook group and I'll recap it here: I went to L&D this morning after having some brown discharge. Everything was OK, but the doctor was glad I came in just to be on the safe side. I mentioned my baby shower was yesterday and I was super stressed afterwards, and the doctor said she's seen several women experience bleeding right before or after their baby showers! Must be all the stress or change in activity. Home now resting up and slowly taking inventory of all our shower gifts :smile:
  • @hestia14 a friend of DHs was over yesterday and told us that his wife had gone into labor the day of and delivered their son a minute before their shower was supposed to take place after a stressful day prior of having to move the event to their own house. She was 33 1/2 weeks but all turned out ok after a week in the nicu. 
  • @hestia14 thanks for the head's up. My shower is next weekend!
  • @bartonolivia I'm so sorry you had so many people not show. That's a hard thing to deal with. I hope you can focus on the good and celebrate with those who showed they cared.
  • @bartonolivia That sucks! I would be bummed too. On the up side, that picture is amazing!
  • Thanks @mamanbebe & @Cbeanz

@hestia14 So scary--but glad everything is ok.  Enjoy going through all the gifts!

@bartonolivia The picture is beautiful.  I'm sorry your shower wasn't what you expected but i hope you were able to enjoy those people that attended.
  • @blackhottamales I hope you are feeling better.

@bartonolivia I'm sorry no one showed but you looked absolutely stunning! 😍 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Eee! The baby in my ticker turned upside down today! :smiley: (the real baby has been upside down for a while lol)
  • @bartonolivia Sorry about the shower disappointment. To comisserate, I have 4 siblings and a working relationship with only one of them. Had a good cry over how much that sucks when having a baby, but now just have adjusted my expectations.
    Also, not everyone really understands how to support a pregnancy. My 2 best friends are single guys (no gfs, no kids) and don’t know how to engage the topic AT ALL! No shower gifts from them, they’re clueless! 😂 I didnt expect anything from them anyway, and we’re good.
    Even I used to think showers were sort of self-indulgent parties I couldn’t get into.
    So, chalk it up to your siblings just not getting the importance. I doubt they didn’t show to hurt you on purpose. I know it sucks though, I’ve had to deal with sibling disconnection for years. You have to forge ahead with whatever posse you can count on! ❤️
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    I'm really surprised we haven't had any births yet. Anyone know if we've had FB births?
  • @Cbeanz I think someone is being induced next week! Can't wait to see all these cute babies😍
  • @Cbeanz me too!! Seems very surprising! Can’t wait to start reading the stories. 
  • So so surprised we don’t have any babies yet! In my January 17 group we had an October baby, and 3 born in November I believe 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Someone posted in one of the other threads that she delivered late May at 33 weeks but hasn't posted in birth stories - I'm also surprised there haven't been more!
  • I’ve heard of one baby born at 33 weeks... mama is in group 1 check in. I hope both her and baby are doing okay! 
  • @mamanbebe Omg that’s perfect 😂😂😂😂

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• I never saw the post about someone having baby at 33 weeks. Was it a regular poster?

@mamanbebe yes... I’m glad for the FB group being closed now because all of the sudden a bunch of randos have decided to join in and post. It feels weird that they all ‘lurked’ for so long and never posted anything.

And some of them aren’t even due in July, they’re just on our board because it’s still active unlike their boards that had falling outs. 
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    The entire concept is just odd to me. Create an online group from a previous online group, and vote about who is allowed to be in it. Assign an arbitrary deadline after which the group is "closed". Share personal info with a multi billion dollar company and call it "private". I mean folks can do whatever they want but I honestly just don't get it.
  • @Cbeanz right?? 
    Also it's sad that the group split off before everyone delivered. My last birth month migrated several months postpartum. Watching all the delivery updates and then the postpartum camaraderie/commiseration was the best part.
  • I mean a lot of us are still here.... or should we not be? 

I didn’t decide dates to close - but the folks who posted after are names I don’t recognize. So there’s something to that. And it IS more private than here. The Bump is also owned by a large corporation. And anyone can see anything I type. At least there only one of those things are true. 

Also. I’ve met Jesse Eisenberg and Randi Zuckerberg. So... it’s like I know everything about FB. (this is a joke.) 
  • Aaaand maternity shirts no longer cover the bump. 
  • @expatmom39, no one can see what you post in the group. Promise. I’ve said quite a bit about my husband in my last group. 😂😂
  • @expatmom39 private and closed groups don’t share to your friends. Buy sell trade and other public groups do though. 

As as far as everyone, I’ve still been checking in here even though I joined FB. I’ve had a personally busy week this week so I haven’t been super active. Today I’m off and am more active but it’s nice being able to have better threads on Facebook and conversations with the original poster. 
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    I'm glad a bunch of people stayed or are still in both groups! Ideally I wish everyone would've just stayed, but again, to each her own. The birth stories are some of the best parts.
  • @Cbeanz I always enjoyed reading the birth stories. I see them less and less in BMBs and it stinks. I know a lot of the ladies from my Jan17 group still shared them in our BMB, even though we had moved to FB. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @cbeanz I would’ve stayed just here but I submitted feedback to TB several times about glitches and nothing has been done. I really want to keep an interactive experience with my peeps and every week I lose a feature. It won’t even let me post bump pics which is my favorite Wednesday activity lol. 

I’m excited to hear everyone’s birth stories though! And share mine!
  • hakelehakele member
    I’m still here. just had a CRAZY week last week. I’ve got this job interview going on right now. Lot so of crazy things going on as they try to cram as much work into my last weeks! 
    And then my family was out for the weekend. So I just didn’t have time. 
  • @hakele yesss... I think we’re all in baby/mat leave prep mode right now! That and 3rd trimester exhaustion are so real!
  • @hakele yesss... I think we’re all in baby/mat leave prep mode right now! That and 3rd trimester exhaustion are so real!
  • Yep! Mat leave prep sucks! Solve your own damn problems, people! 😂
  • Seriously. And I think nesting just hit me. I can’t stop cleaning today even though I’m exhausted! Nesting is a cruel joke of Mother Nature 😂.