January 2020 Moms

PGAL w/o 5/29

2»

Re: PGAL w/o 5/29

• I’m pretty sure this will be loss #7 for me. Most of the symptoms I’ve had have lessened significantly. I haven’t had nausea in a few days, my boobs don’t even hurt as much even though I’m on progesterone supplements. I’ve had some round ligament pain but without anything else I’m feeling confident it’s another mmc. Waiting another 10 days for my follow up scan should be fun.
  • @kbrown2385 you had such a positive scan though! It is okay for symptoms to come and go but I feel ya. I'm on pins and needles myself. If you feel unsure call the doc and get an appointment next week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbrown2385 i wouldnt stress much yet, my sysmptoms go off and on. Do you have another u/s scheduled? 
  • @mommystuebs it’s on the 12th. Its pretty much routine at this point and I’m feeling about the same as the other times. We will see but I don’t have a lot of hope. 
  • @kbrown2385 noooo. Don't lose hope yet! You had a good scan and I think it's normal for symptoms to come and go. Of course, you know your own body. Either way, I'm keeping my FX for you. Is there any way you can get seen earlier? 
  • @kbrown2385 if this is too personal, I’m sorry- don’t mean to offend- please ignore.. Has your doc done chromosomal testing on your miscarriages or have you had recurrent pregnancy loss panel testing? If they find something on the panel, they can take some steps.. I agree w the PPs, don’t read too much into symptoms. Some ppl have a wonderful easy pregnancy and some ppl have symptoms. Nausea doesn’t guarantee a baby and feeling ok doesn’t mean you won’t have a baby. 

Hope everyone else is hanging in there too 💖
  • @somewhereinnyc definitely not offended. We’ve had all the regular testing and then some done. My second pregnancy was a success and it’s unknown as to why I’ve had 5 more losses following that. It’s hard to buy into the whole “unicorn” pregnancy thing when chances of another loss are just so high. We will see though. Im calling my RE on Monday to see if we can do something sooner. 
  • @kbrown2385 I hope you can get in sooner for some piece of mind. I know for me it can be hard to remain confident. A good scan feels great but then after a few days the anxiety sets back in and pgal fears take over. And if it helps everything I’ve read it seems it’s completely normal for symptoms to come and go. Mine have been too. I’ll be keeping my fx for you friend!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @kbrown2385 I’ll be thinking of you and hope you can get in to see your RE sooner. 
    @hanshotfirst77 I’m thrilled you had a good scan!
    @somewhereinnyc I can’t keep my mouth shut, so some good friends and family know as well as close work colleagues who were immediately suspicious when I ordered ginger beer instead of wine the other day!

1. How many weeks are you? 7w4d

2. Previous loss(es)? DD’s twin at 7w4d

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? It was on this day last time around that we found out we had lost “Baby B” at my scan, so I’m full of emotion this evening. I know realistically based on the measurements that Baby B had stopped growing probably shortly after my previous scan at 6w4d when I first heard 2 heartbeats (albeit 1 much slower than DD’s), but 7w4d was when we found out. Physically, this little jelly bean seems to be doing all s/he can to reassure me by giving me constant nausea and zero energy.  

4. Any appointment updates? Next scan is June 5. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I’ve been on a high stress work trip the past several days and am so ready to be back home. I’m really over the pressure cooker aspect of my job right now. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Today (see above), and the next scan on June 5

7. GTKY: What is your favorite part of summer? I love summer! BBQs, 4th of July, rooftop bars/restaurants, pool time, and just being outside in general. My last pregnancy I was very pregnant over the summer and basically lived in the pool. 
  • @kbrown2385 SOrry you're feeling unsure.  I have had Zero symptoms this pregnancy and my numbers were doubling, so I am trying to make myself believe that every pregnancy is different.  If you believe hard enough it's reality right?  I hope you can get in soon.  Sending good thoughts. 

So I have decided to decline my 8 week ultrasound because it's scheduled 2 days before we hop on a plane to disney.  If I go and we find out bad news then that will be lingering the entire time we are away. Also, I wouldn't be able to medically intervene before we leave and that would make me sick the entire vacation as well.  I'll be doing my first scan at 10 weeks which is standard protocol for non loss pregnancies.  It was a hard decision but I need this vacation!
  • @kbrown2385 sorry you are feeling this way, I hope you can get a scan next week to see what’s going on, I’m crossing everything that this works out for you!
  • @kbrown2385 - I am so so sorry you feel like this is the end of this pregnancy. I stopped having symptoms yesterday as well, and I've always heard they come and go, but that wasn't the case with DD. I truly hope that everything works out for you and you can get a scan earlier.
  • I've been lurking for a while and due to my RPL (3 MMC's + 4 CP's) I couldn't bring myself to participate. (I do have a lovely daughter who's almost 3.) @kbrown2385 , I've been silently rooting for you and when I saw your post today, I decided to intro so I could be there for you in RPL solidarity. I'm so sorry this pregnancy is showing signs of following the usual pattern. My MMC's were due to chromosomal issues because of my age (41 this month) and my RE told me I'd probably continue to miscarry. So I'm trying to stay very realistic this time around. Hope sounds lovely, but I find it just makes things harder for me at this point. I've actually been mentally rehearsing the bad ultrasound so maybe it won't be so traumatic this time. I'm going to tell the u/s tech to just say "I'm sorry" if the news is bad, because the things they've said in the past still run through my head. I want it to be generic and predictable. I want to brace myself and be as prepared as I can. Just remember you are strong enough to handle this and no matter what happens, you have a child, who I'm sure is nothing short of amazing. When I struggle with what I don't have, I try to focus on what I do have. It helps. Anyway, I'm sure you know all this, because you've been there. I just wanted to say I'm here and I know what you're going through.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @kbrown2385 I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I don’t participate in the PGAL threads because I don’t feel like I belong here anymore since I’ve had one successful pregnancy after my loss but I still lurk here. Nonetheless I’m sending you lots of prayers and good vibes that everything is ok. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @EALasagna45 a loss is a loss and comes with just as much future worry because your innocence has been stripped from you. 😞
  • mammab120mammab120 member
    edited June 2019
    Ladies... thanks to all of you... @biolprof @justsuzie @c1kc1kpol1cn1k especially.  They did say I could come back for betas again, but drawing my blood is literally that hard that rather than go through that we can wait for the scan. My veins are so badly damaged from my TTC days with a bad infertility dr they can get very little blood and I involuntarily pass out. So I guess I wait and save the bloodwork for when its 100% necessary.  
    On the flip side my symptoms are really really there, though taking progesterone can mask it. Something is telling me it's all going to be okay this time around!
  • @kbrown2385 praying for you...
    And for each and every one of you ladies that has the stress and anxiety of pgal. 
  • @mammab120 yeah for symptoms. I’ve got zero but not trying to worry. 
  • kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited June 2019
    @carrieandr thank you so much. I really appreciate you jumping in and commenting. I agree, hope seems like a nice idea, but the reality is it’s unlikely I will be successful too. My RE believes my losses have been due to chromosomal issues as well (even though I’m only 33 and she is pretty much guessing). This is my first round of clomid and while I am hopeful, I am also trying to stay realistic. I always ask to look at the ultrasound while they are doing it and ask them to be straightforward with me. At this point I know what I’m looking for though. I’d rather know head on then continue to be hopeful week after week. I’ve had too many of those scans and told to be cautiously optimistic to know better. Hopefully I’m wrong this time. 
           Im so sorry that you are in the same boat. I’ll always keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best for you, but i completely understand wanting to guard yourself and face it head on. Hugs to you. 

@EALasagna45 like justsuzie said, a loss is a loss and no matter how long it’s been you are more than welcome here. 

Edit not finished. 
  • *lurking from OCT*

@kbrown2385 I am hoping so hard that you are wrong. Fx they don't make you wait to be seen. I'm just a PM away, as you know ❤
  • @prpl11butterfly ❤️❤️ Can I be miserable? Just once? 
  • @kbrown2385 I know ❤ The worse you feel physically, the better you feel mentally. PGAL is a strange mind F. Lots of positive thoughts being sent your way 
  • @kbrown2385 I hope I wasn't too pessimistic. It's hard to do this over and over without developing some armor. I didn't tell DH until I was 6 weeks, and only because I couldn't hide the nausea. I said, "I'm pregnant again. But you know how that usually goes." And he said, "You never know...but don't get your hopes up." DH and I are pretty jaded at this point. But I hope you and I are both pleasantly surprised. Hugs to you while we wait.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @carrieandr I didn’t think it was pessimistic at all. Also, that reaction to being pregnant again is pretty much how it goes down here. Dh’s response this time was “well we will see”. It also looks like we have the same edd. I’ll definitely be thinking of you.
  • @kbrown2385 how are you doing today?
  • @justsuzie thanks for thinking of me 🙂. I’ll be calling my RE in the morning. Hopefully we can get in sooner than the 12th. Less symptoms today, besides sore boobs which can be attributed to my progesterone supplements. All fatigue and the minimal cramping I had is gone. My heart rate has been decreasing as well as my bbt’s. Dh and I have already started talking on the best ways to go about getting through it (like a d&c etc.) 
  • @kbrown2385 I hate that you have to think about things like that but I understand. It’s not fucking fair. I really hope you are wrong. If you can’t get in would they let you get betas? At least that way you’d only have to wait a few days. Thinking of you. 
  • Thinking of you @kbrown2385. I really hope you are wrong but know that whatever happens you are loved! 
  • @kbrown2385 I’m so sorry things still aren’t looking promising. I actually discussed the m/c plans with my husband when I told him I was pregnant this time. For the first one I waited two weeks then had a d&c, the second I induced at home, and the third I did a d&c so I could get it tested. I’ll do this one at home, if it comes to that, mostly for money reasons but also because I don’t like the idea of having that surgery too many times. I’m trying to keep the mindset that this is sort of routine for me now so it won’t hit me as hard. We’ll see if that works...
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)