July 2019 Moms
Options

June/July GD support thread

Hey ladies, sorry I’m a few days late posting this! I hope you are all doing well. 

How are your numbers?

Any referrals, appointments, ultrasounds or updates?

What is (or is not) working for you (diet, exercise, medication, etc.)

Questions?

As we get closer to our deliveries, do you have any concerns? 

Re: June/July GD support thread

• Options
    How are your numbers? I finally feel like I have a control of them. My insulin dosage seems to be doing the trick and I’m so happy about it. I indulged in some sugar-free chocolate pudding and my numbers didn’t sky rocket. It was so delicious and I was so worried until I took my numbers.  

Any referrals, appointments, ultrasounds or updates? I have my endo tomorrow and my now weekly check and sono right after.

What is (or is not) working for you (diet, exercise, medication, etc.)? We’ve finally got my dosage right and I’m a little more relaxed now.

Questions? I had a bunch and now I’m drawing a blank lol, so I’ll post them as I remember.

As we get closer to our deliveries, do you have any concerns? I’m not really sure what to expect with delivery actually. While this is my second time around with this, I was unaware until I delivered my last pregnancy. I’m trying to avoid google so I’ll probably discuss it with my ob and endo tomorrow.
  • Options
    How are your numbers?
    Starting to get them under control which is a relief. My doc was giving me a week to get my lunch numbers in range and I think I've been pretty successful. I'm just trying to avoid insulin 4 times a day. Although I am starting to get sick of salads 😂

Also I'm starting to see my fasting numbers in the low 80s now with my night time insulin so that's good too!

Any referrals, appointments, ultrasounds or updates?

I send my numbers to my doc on Thursday so hopefully she has no reason to up my insulin. Because I started on night time insulin though I start on Monday doing the nst twice a week.

What is (or is not) working for you (diet, exercise, medication, etc.)

I've started looking up keto recipes for dinner and so far they seem to be working since they are low carb!

Questions? Are there supposed to be more complications with delivery if you have GD? I have a scheduled c section, but didn't know if it puts me at more of a risk of something going wrong.

As we get closer to our deliveries, do you have any concerns?

My biggest concern or fear is that after delivery my sugar won't go back to normal. I would be so upset if that happens. Do you think they will let you eat whatever after delivery or do you still have to follow a strict diet?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hellmanpartyof5 I'm glad you're feeling better about everything :) 
    @BeatboxBaby Great news about your fasting numbers! If you are scheduled for a CS, I wouldn't be particularly concerned. Some of the risks are that a) placenta function degrades later in pregnancy, which can cause growth restriction and other risks as you go over 40 weeks b) during long labors, it can cause mother and/or child to go hypo, which can be very risky during childbirth. 

How are your numbers? Numbers are good. I've been really careful with my diet since the 3 hr results and have been able to stay mostly in the 80s and 90s, with a few outliers in the 100s. 

Any referrals, appointments, ultrasounds or updates? I meet with MFM #2 (at a different practice) a week from today, I'll have a growth check ultrasound and a consult. I am hoping that this goes better than the last, as far as the negativity lecture that was spewed on me over my birth choices (vbac, home birth, etc). 

What is (or is not) working for you (diet, exercise, medication, etc.) I've been focusing on high nutrients and allowing small amounts of carbs throughout the day. Breakfast is the same every day, chicken sausage, egg, ezekiel toast w/ butter. The rest of my meals usually consist of protein and steamed, sauteed or fresh dark green veggies with small allowances of things like fruit or starch (ie. strawberry or mango cut up on my salad, tempeh as protein, very small amount of lentil) and then for snacks I've been mostly doing whole milk greek yogurt + chia seeds, local cherries, or pressed flaxseed crackers (no starches added) w/ tart cherry preserves. I feel like the poster child of a health food store but I'm glad it's keeping my numbers low. 

Questions? nope

As we get closer to our deliveries, do you have any concerns? I'm just nervous about my appt next week. I want to see that the baby is doing well and have the MFM give me some confidence in my efforts rather than throwing pessimism and risk in my face.