Trouble TTC
Options

hey y'all! introducing myself :)

hey there bump friends! i've been reading the bump message boards since we started our infertility journey and decided to finally join in the discussion and meet you lovely people!

DH and i were married early last year. after some praying, we decided we should stop using birth control and see what happened. my mom had a hard time with fertility as well (endo, fibroids) so we assumed i would have issues. i have a history of irregular periods which was always attributed to my hypothyroid and my weight, and i had been on the pill to regulate me since i was 19 (stopped taking it when i was 29). we stopped the pill in May 2018 and i continued having periods until they stopped happening in September. i visited my PCP and after months of asking for more testing and more answers, she ended up diagnosing me with PCOS in February, which was somewhat of a shock to me. so we started going to a fertility clinic and seeing a RE/fertility doctor in April.

our RE is amazing. seriously, i've never felt so good at a doctor before. she spent at least 30 mins in our initial visit explaining everything and what PCOS actually is and what it means and how we can work with it. she was the first doctor to not blame my weight for my problems (and said my weight is actually a symptom of PCOS, not the cause of it), which helped me lift such a burden i had been carrying ("if only i didnt binge eat that one time, i wouldnt be fat and i could get pregnant" and thoughts like that plagued me). 

we started with Provera to start a period, then did Femara 5mg for five days. my follicles only got to 5mm, so they upped Femara to 7.5mg and added dexamethasone and we did that for another 5 days (with dex continuing until the next ultrasound. the next ultrasound showed a follicle in each ovary - one that was 22mm and one that was 23mm! so we did a trigger shot and timed intercourse and progesterone suppositories, but unfortunately it was a BFN. it wasn't too surprising to us - we were moving and had stress at work and i was out of town and we were sick. so we started try #2! we did five days of Femara 7.5mg and dexa, but the follicles still were only 8mm or so, so then we did Femara 7.5mg, Clomid, and dexa. bless my poor DH and dealing with my hormones hahaha. we go in tomorrow for our ultrasound to see if its trigger time again!

i'm excited to get to know y'all and share in our journeys together!
married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

Re: hey y'all! introducing myself :)

• Options
    Hello! Welcome! Sorry you found yourself in a similar situation to many of us but glad you found us. Jump in on our weekly thread. I'm just starting cycle 2 of IUI and started my 5mg of femara(letrozole) today as well! 
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Options
    Hello and welcome! This is a great group and you'll definitely find support. I was diagnosed with PCOS last summer and it was a bit of a shock to me too because I thought endometriosis (diagnosed previously) was all I had. I do get periods but they're 40 days apart, but I don't ovulate, and I have a lot of the pcos cysts/ antral follicles. I don't have the metabolic type of pcos but my sister in law does and it is a challenging hormonal storm to manage for sure!
    I'm really glad you have a great doctor helping you along with this process :-)
    I'm doing letrozole 5mg and IUI with ovidrel trigger. 
    See you in the weekly catch-up!