Group 1 Check In (DD 12/1-12/8) WO 5/27

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 

Rants/Raves:

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant?

Re: Group 1 Check In (DD 12/1-12/8) WO 5/27

• cpk3535cpk3535 member
    Sorry if someone was simultaneously posting this! I’m going start this because I know we all love to talk 😉.

Due Date / Weeks + Days:  Due 12/1- 13W2D

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM- 8 1/2 YO daughter, loving the pregnancy game now, she’s excited 😊 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:  Pink!  

Upcoming Appointments:  June 19 for Week 16 check in and ultrasound

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc):  Having some dizziness and some slight nausea, usually while trying to work out.  Some cramping and RLP is becoming a more regular issue, but no bleeding fortunately.  

Rants/Raves:  This week, we’re visiting Disneyland to take a social media announcement picture!  Best part- one of our best friend couples called us last night after also visiting Disneyland over the weekend and told us they are due for a baby girl in November!  They are also enjoying a geriatric pregnancy (haha).  I teared up a bit when they told us- so awesome!

Questions:  Is anybody finding trouble getting a balance with eating too large of a meal sometimes?  I still eat a bigger dinner sometimes and feel terrible.  When will I learn?!?

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant?  Not sure- probably more what I’ve had to add has been weird.  I have had to heavily modify my workout routine because of the dizziness and nausea, for sure.  I do miss sushi!  Having to add certain carb loaded foods to settle my stomach has been a pain (both digestion and constipation-wise, haha).
  • Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/5 12w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM 8yo DS

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding Out 6/28

Upcoming Appointments: 6/7, maybe we’ll find out the sex then 🤞🏻

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): I’ve been having major pelvic tenderness at night. I’m hoping/assuming things are just growing and stretching but I don’t remember this with DS. That was 9 years ago though so a lot of this is brand new to me again.

Rants/Raves: My bleeding has stopped, yay! I was able to lay by the pool Saturday and got fried. I’m normally pretty dark by Memorial Day so I’m struggling with this white skin lol

Questions: Has anyone been able to feel their uterus above their pelvic bone yet? I’m so paranoid that I’m constantly trying and I’m semi panicking that I haven’t been able to.

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant? Probably the ability to do certain things. I stay on top of washing blinds, windows, light fixtures. I can’t climb to do those things right now and it’s driving me crazy! 

• Loading the player...
  • cpk3535cpk3535 member
    @k_mama91
    We are totally in the same boat on comparing pregnancy symptoms first to second time.  It’s like a whole new experience again!  I seriously remember almost nothing about last time aside from major constipation.  Morning sickness was not this memorable last time, and I honestly don’t remember when I started to show or when I felt the uterus popping out of the pelvis.  This group has been a lifesaver for me, just to know I’m not alone in what I’m feeling!
  • @cpk3535 I definitely eat way more than I should. I try not to worry too much, since I found out I was pregnant back in March, I’ve only gained 2lbs and my dr is good with that. 

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/1  13w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM 2.5 yo girl

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: team pink!!

Upcoming Appointments: 6/21

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): 

Feeling pretty good overall! Took my first bump picture on Sunday! 😊

Rants/Raves: I’m so over peeing 3x in the middle of the night.

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant?

Lunch meat. I’ve forgotten several times that I’m not supposed to eat it. I just try to remember that the last time I heard about listeria contamination, it was around ice cream and vegetables and no one says not to eat those when pregnant! 😜

• @cpk3535 have a great time at Disney! 

@k_mama91 so glad to hear that your bleeding has stopped!

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/5; 12w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: 12 week prenatal visit and NT ultrasound tomorrow

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc):  My nausea is better these days, possibly because I've been taking B6.  I also have more energy.  I've been pretty sassy.  Quicker to say what I'm thinking instead of biting my tongue, which probably isn't good.

Rants/Raves:  I know the gender by my husband decided he doesn't want to know just yet.  I hate keeping the secret and feel like it's inevitable that I will accidentally spill the beans eventually. 

Questions:  Did anyone have their 12 week appointment and what did it entail?  Another pelvic exam or can I keep my pants on this time? 😆

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant? I'm not a big drinker, but I do miss the occasional cocktail or beer.  And I was a big tea drinker and I've cut back, so I miss that too.

• cpk3535cpk3535 member
    @sunshineandlemons Aw, that’s great you’ve taken a bump pic- is it somewhat convincing?  Mine is most convincing after food still!  

@blueskychicago12 Haha, I’ve also been a little outspoken lately- it’s tough!  I want to retract a lot of my statements.  Also, that’s so hard to have to hold the baby’s sex as a secret from your spouse- don’t feel bad if you accidentally spill the beans (as I probably would), and if you don’t, you should make him buy you a prize for holding it in!!
  • @cpk3535 the constipation and not showing until 20 weeks are literally the only things I remember! I’m over analyzing everything this time!

@blueskychicago12 oh how I miss beer, especially with it getting into summer and is spending more time outside.

@sunshineandlemons I’ve been craving a ham sandwich but so far I’ve resisted. Sounds so good though!
  • Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/7 12w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: we just found out this afternoon that we are having a girl! 🥰💗 We are so beyond thrilled

Upcoming Appointments: 6/6 with my midwife

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): feel pretty good! My nausea/appetite loss eased up a couple weeks ago, though my boobs were absolutely *throbbing* for a few hours yesterday 😓 I’m still constantly running to the bathroom as well haha

Rants/Raves: We just spent the long holiday weekend with my in-laws (they live across the country, so we haven’t seen them since I got pregnant), and it kind of bothers me how little they seem to care about the pregnancy. They don’t talk to either my husband or me about it. The one time I brought it up, they just seemed to listen politely. I know that they’re happy and that they’re just kind of reserved, but I expected them to seem a little more outwardly excited. It’s not a big deal. But I can’t pretend that I’m not disappointed.

Questions: anyone got any good recommendations for maternity leggings? I don’t mind making an investment for something I’ll be wearing a lot if it’s good quality and comfortable!

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant? Honestly, running. I’m a marathon runner, and I just haven’t been able to run as much. Especially since it’s been warming up outside! I had to drop out of a half marathon I had signed up for.

• cpk3535cpk3535 member
    @pennyandzooey I bought some nice maternity leggings from Gap (I think they’re part of the Gap Love collection).  Casual, comfy, full panel that you can fold over, plus Gap always has stuff on sale so I think you’ll usually pay about 40% off!  I also want to try their Gap Fit maternity leggings- people said the material is better, so maybe worth the extra $ 👍

Also, it is super hard to go through fitness withdrawals when you can’t do your normal stuff, isn’t it?  I’m a daily yoga practitioner, so not being able to do some of my routines on a regular basis really stinks.  Luckily, my body is easing up, and I think the second trimester will be better!

• @blueskychicago12 I have been beyond sassy! It's so hard to work with people everyday and not snap at them.

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12/4 // 13 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM! yay!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 6/12

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): I've been feeling pretty good! I cleaned my whole house over the weekend, which felt like the biggest accomplishment (it needed it!). I have a HORRIBLE taste in my mouth all the time. Lemonade helps. I have been slowly trying to bring veggies back into my life. It's been okay... Last time I puked was Thursday night, but it was because I overate... concession food at baseball games. lol everything was fried.

Rants/Raves: I'm going to rant...because I'm really sassy right now. I have decided I'm writing a book about the dumb things people say to a pregnant woman.... This is my first pregnancy and I have always been told I won't show for a while. Well, I'm starting to and I'm kind of having a hard time with it. It's not the bump I'm sad about, it's the comments that are following. And, what if it's been from eating so poorly for the past several weeks? I don't know... So excited my baby is growing and I can't wait to feel him move around. It's just hard to hear the comments.

Here's what I have for the book so far (feel free to add):

1. You're pregnant, not dead - DH
    2. Are you still getting sick? I wish I had that problem. I'm trying to lose weight - MIL
    3. Now that I know your pregnant, I can see it - Friend
    4. You're about as big as my friend, but she's due in October - Co-worker
    5. OMG, I hope it's a girl. I was at the zoo yesterday. There were so many little boys there. They're just gross, obnoxious, and the worst - My BEST Friend

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant? Now that it's nice, having a glass of wine on the patio, and eating healthier with out wanting to puke!

• @baby_love7 I'm sorry to hear that people are making rude remarks - especially since you're feeling sassy!  I would have a hard time not snapping back.  I've definitely given some attitude to a few coworkers (including my boss) lately.  But I can say that they have all deserved it!  It's probably a good thing that I've worked there for 10 years and been generally pleasant for most of it😉
  • cpk3535cpk3535 member
    @baby_love7 Oh, my god, LMAO 😂 I want a signed first edition of your book, please!
  • LM1007LM1007 member

Due Date / Weeks + Days: 13w2d - Dec 3rd

FTM/STM/TTM+: ttm - 3.5yr & almost 2yr boys. 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: found out yesterday, team blue! 3 for 3!

Upcoming Appointments: 6/10

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): pretty sick still, headaches.

Rants/Raves: although healthy is what matters most, I really would have liked to experience a baby girl. And my mil has been saying it's a boy- so I was sooo not in the mood to watch her gloat about being right yesterday. Just irritating. 

Questions: 

Wine & sex lol

• @baby_love7 girl clothes are cuter imo but there’s something about a little boy playing with trucks in the mud that pulls at my heartstrings 😍

13 weeks today, is that the second tri? Anyway, I’m going with that bc it makes me feel better. That said, I woke up to more spotting this morning and I know it’s he SCH but I’m still uneasy. I thought I was done with this!
  • Due Date / Weeks + Days:  EDD 12/8 12W4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out at anatomy scan end of July-ish

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my 12 week appointment and NT scan on tuesday, I don't go back for an appointment until July 1.

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc):  Slowly feeling less nausea, getting some energy back.

Rants/Raves: My midwife appointment tuesday was so short. Checked some vitals, asked if I had any questions, reassured me the spotting I am having is from an irritable cervix, and checked uterus position by palpating my abdomen. I know 12 weeks is early and not much to do if there are no issues. But, I feel like an opportunity to educate on pregnancy nutrition, fitness, preparing to have a normal delivery, etc were missed. Am I expecting to much? I'm seriously considering switching practices, as I really want a provider who will work with me and advise me on what I need to do to achieve a VBAC. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant?  Slowing down and not trying to do everything. I also miss a cold beer, but I'll survive (or have an occasional non-alcoholic beer)

Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD: 12/8      12 Weeks 4 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: I think we'll find out, that ultrasound will be mid-July 

Upcoming Appointments: Next appointment is 14 week appointment on 6/11 

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc):  Heart burn or acid reflex already, this usually happened late 2nd trimester or third trimester.   Thankfully the B6 is helping with the nausea, but I can tell if I forget to take it in the a.m. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: I've sent a message to my doctor to figure out how long she'd let me fly/travel since we've been invited to go to Alaska and I have a conference in October for work.    Really hoping It'll be okay for me to do both. 

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant?    Lunch meat, being able to grab a quick sandwich from Jimmy Johns or Subway for lunch. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @allison_smith_6212 I was told with my first that no travel after 34 weeks. I had a wedding when I was 34.5 weeks and she told me she would have considered allowing me to go but I would have had to have an appointment the same day I left and line up an OB where I was going in the event something happened. I decided it was too much of a hassle so I opted not to go. I also have a conference in October so we'll see what happens this time I guess!

And agreed about the deli meat! We're going to a high school softball game tonight and my husband asked me to pick up sandwiches for it. I had to remind him I can't eat them right now. 
  • @cpk3535 thanks! I just bought some ☺️
  • sjb2215sjb2215 member

Due Date / Weeks + Days: DD 12/3, 13w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: TBD haha. 

Upcoming Appointments: had 12wk appt last week and got to hear hearbeat! Although it took her a bit to find it which made me nervous. I think next appt is 16w

How are you feeling? (Cravings, Symptoms, Etc): Nausea seems to have disappeared, but still do dang tired. Work is super busy, which isnt helping

Rants/Raves: first day in the 80s here!

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the hardest thing you've had to change/give up since while pregnant? Missing that glass of wine or a a refreshing beer now that its summer!

• cpk3535cpk3535 member
    edited June 2019
    @k_mama91 According to most of these sites, second trimester starts next week, week 14.  I don’t really get why, 4 weeks in a month, right? Can’t we just have that one tiny victory?  Also, saw your new ultrasound- cool picture of baby!  I hope the spotting comes to an end soon!  ❤️
  • @cpk3535 Right? I guess I can suck it up for one more week. And thank you! I was pretty excited to see the facial features this time. Today’s appointment was to ease my nerves, we’ll see baby again next week too 😊
  • Tiny rave- I hit second trimester today- 14W! Not that I feel different or something, but something to share, haha!  @sunshineandlemons How about you- feeling super different yet?  😉
  • That's so exciting, @cpk3535!  
  • 14 weeks down with our 3rd baby, hubby and i were holding out until we know the gender to officially announce its actually been really fun just the two of us knowing 🥰
  • @ashorkey I was glad to have an online message system with my office and got a response back pretty quickly, she said "I recommend no travel more than an hour away at 36 weeks. NO flying after this time."  

So I will be good to attend my work conference :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker