Infertility

May 19 IVF

Re: May 19 IVF

• caitiemaecaitiemae member
    edited June 2019
    @casey301 the good news is that I've read that grading doesn't really correlate with PGS.  Hoping you at least have a few come back as normal so you can get a couple of transfers.  

@poemasque good luck tomorrow!  Hoping you get a nice, high beta!

As for me
    Second beta came back Wednesday at 3010!  Ultrasound scheduled for the 10th.  I'll be 6w4d so hopefully we'll be able to hear a heartbeat and my anxiety will go down a little.  I've also started to feel a little more. "pregnant".  I've started feeling really tired and have been have been little crampy.  I didn't really get that with my m/c (even though I was almost 9 weeks pregnant) so I'm feeling a little relieved. 
    ***pregnancy mentioned***

Me: 27/ DH: 29
    Dx:  obstructive azoospermia 
    IVF#1:  October 2015
    10/7/2015:  ER  11 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI
    10/12/2015:  Transferred 5AA and 4AA blasts, froze one 4AA and 4BB
    Beta #1 9dp5dt:  122!!! BFP!
    Singleton, due June 2016

• If there were 13 mature eggs, and 8 of them were not good (didnt create blastocysts), is that a bad sign for the PGS results? I have read that the average blastocyst rate is about 60-80%. Since only five of 13 mature eggs created blastocysts, we are a little under 40%. I guess thats why im extra concerned about the PGS results.
  • Loading the player...
  • @casey301 5 out of 13 seems pretty decent to me.  Is 13 the total number of mature eggs, or how many were fertilized?  If it's how many total were mature, then 5 sounds pretty good actually.  If she's a proven donor and has good egg quality, I'm hoping you'll have 2 or 3 that will be normal.  As for my personal IVF experience, my first cycle had 4 blasts from 8 mature eggs (out of those, I only ended up with one baby, but I got my daughter with our first transfer) and this IVF cycle, I ended up with 3 blasts out of 14 mature eggs (only 9 fertilized were fertilized).   Things rarely go as expected with IVF so it's best just to try to shut off all the "what ifs" in your head and just take it one step at a time.  

Singleton, due June 2016

• caitiemae said:
    @casey301 5 out of 13 seems pretty decent to me.  Is 13 the total number of mature eggs, or how many were fertilized?  If it's how many total were mature, then 5 sounds pretty good actually.  If she's a proven donor and has good egg quality, I'm hoping you'll have 2 or 3 that will be normal.  As for my personal IVF experience, my first cycle had 4 blasts from 8 mature eggs (out of those, I only ended up with one baby, but I got my daughter with our first transfer) and this IVF cycle, I ended up with 3 blasts out of 14 mature eggs (only 9 fertilized were fertilized).   Things rarely go as expected with IVF so it's best just to try to shut off all the "what ifs" in your head and just take it one step at a time.  

13 was the total number of mature eggs, one didnt fertilize, 12 did. Out of that 12, 5 made blasts. All were grade BB. You are right. I guess with a proven donor who has done much better in the past and spending close to $40,000, I just hoped for a little better. It just was a very different cycle than her past 5, so I am stressing a bit about the PGS results. But we will just wait for the results and hope for the best. 
  • @casey301 I really wish there was some guarantee with all of this.  It's crazy to think that even the best odds are still a pretty significant gamble.  It's the equivalent of buying a brand new car in cash and only having a 50/50 shot of actually driving it home.  Praying that everything works out with your donor and it'll be the best $40k anyone has ever spent.  

Singleton, due June 2016

• caitiemae said:
    @casey301 I really wish there was some guarantee with all of this.  It's crazy to think that even the best odds are still a pretty significant gamble.  It's the equivalent of buying a brand new car in cash and only having a 50/50 shot of actually driving it home.  Praying that everything works out with your donor and it'll be the best $40k anyone has ever spent.  
    Agreed. The donor egg industry needs to be more regulated. It felt like we as the IPs really had little rights throughout the process. We were pushed off whenever we asked questions too etc. And now, after $40,000 there is still no guarantee of getting anything out of it. The whole DE process is setup badly. 
  • akak23akak23 member
    Ahhh @caitiemae I’m so pumped for you!! I want to feel bloated and pregnant too lol! 

@PoeMasque good luck tomorrow, will be thinking of you! 

Only 4 more days now for my PGS results... fingers and toes are crossed!!!
  • @PoeMasque
    I told my husband the same thing........I can't wait for the ultrasound Thursday but I can. For now we are pregnant and I just want to enjoy that!  Thank you ladies for the support. I appreciate it! Good luck to everyone!

@casey301 I would agree with others I'm not sure what is "normal" I think everyone is different but my last few days of stims I was going in at least every other day. It helped my RE decide when to use the trigger.
  • @PoeMasque congrats on the awesome beta!

@akak23 hoping you get some good news soon!!

Singleton, due June 2016

• @caitiemae when is your ultrasound? How many did you transfer? Any chance of multiples? 

My second beta was today 

646, not quite double, but still in the normal range. The nurse said “you’re definitely pregnant!”. Now the looooong wait to ultrasound on the 19th 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque
    I told my husband the same thing........I can't wait for the ultrasound Thursday but I can. For now we are pregnant and I just want to enjoy that!  Thank you ladies for the support. I appreciate it! Good luck to everyone!

@casey301 I would agree with others I'm not sure what is "normal" I think everyone is different but my last few days of stims I was going in at least every other day. It helped my RE decide when to use the trigger.
    Thanks. Yeah, that seems to be the usual schedule of most people I have spoken with. Consistent ultrasounds before the retrieval. I thought doing the last ultrasound four days before was a bit long before my donor’s retrieval. But there isnt anything I can do about it now. If none of the embryos come back PGS normal, I am definitely questioning it, though. Hoping very much that isnt the case. 
  • @PoeMasque it's pretty dang close to double, though!  Congrats!  The wait until the ultrasound is just as bad, if not worse than the TWW.  6 more days for me... 
    I just transferred 1.  My beta did seem decently high.  I think it was only 300ish with my daughter at 11dp5dt.   I'd say there's no chance for multiples, but in a group of 10 women I've kept in touch with from my last IVF cycle, 3 ended up with identicals.

Singleton, due June 2016

• akak23akak23 member
    @PoeMasque @prepfamily congrats!! 

I heard back on my PGS results early - 2 of the 3 are good to go (5AA & 6BB)! One boy and one girl. I am so happy right now I can’t even describe it. Hoping I can be in the same pregnant as some of you all soon!!!
  • @akak23 that’s awesome news!!! And to have one of each! Do you know when you will be able to transfer? 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Great news on all the betas! 
    AFM, I trigger tonight and as the past 3 cycles I'm looking at 3-4 follicles again...not too thrilled being that that resulted badly the last 3xs.
  • akak23 said:
    @PoeMasque @prepfamily congrats!! 

I heard back on my PGS results early - 2 of the 3 are good to go (5AA & 6BB)! One boy and one girl. I am so happy right now I can’t even describe it. Hoping I can be in the same pregnant as some of you all soon!!!
    I am so happy for you. Congrats on the great PGS results. 
  • akak23akak23 member
    @PoeMasque thank you! My estimated transfer date is July 9th, I start my medicine next Tuesday and I guess that takes about 3 weeks.

Thank you @casey301!! 

@lemondrop1976 good luck! I know it’s not as many follicles as you want, but it only takes one! Fingers crossed for you, keep us updated. 
  • @aka23 congrats! That is great news! 

@lemondrop1976 I agree with others, it only takes one! I had 21 eggs retrieved and 20 fertilized only 2 made it to blast! That shows you that quantity doesn't matter. you just need one to get pregnant!

@PoeMasque congrats on the beta!

sprinkling baby dust for all of us! My ultrasound is tomorrow morning and I'm not sure I have ever been so nervous about anything in my whole life! I definitely feel pregnant but I'm not sure if it is the progesterone or what...…..
  • @akak23 yay!  Congrats on your pgs results!  Will you be transferring one or two? 

@lemondrop1976 good luck on your egg retrieval!  Hoping they're all great quality eggs!

@prepfamily good luck tomorrow!  Keep us updated!

Singleton, due June 2016

• akak23akak23 member
    Eek so exciting @prepfamily - let us know how it goes tomorrow! 

Thanks @caitiemae! I am going to transfer one at a time, statistically it gives us the best odds overall. I have a meeting with my RE next Tuesday to go over all the details
    of the results and the plan for the next month, if I learn anything new I’ll share with the group! 

@lemondrop1976 how did the trigger go?
  • Thank you @prepfamily and @caitiemae!

@akak23 My hcg was 178 after trigger, better than my last 2 cycles but not as good as the 480 I got with my first cycle. Idk how much it matters but read it does predict the odds of success.

Im omw to ET now and think I made a decision to opt out of ICSI this time. I had it all previous cycles although we do not have sperm issues. I'm hoping if I let the sperm do their fertility dance with my eggs naturally maybe I'll get that one that is meant to last. This is my last cycle so its a risk but maybe God and fate need to play a part too?? UGH, decisions decisions
  • @prepfamily Good luck on your US today!
  • Thank you! My ultrasound went good! Way better than last cycle :) heartbeat is at 114bpm. I'm measuring 6w2d and I am 6w2d. The yolk sac is large again but not irregular. The Dr. recorded the ultrasound and he told us he doesn't do that when he think it will end in miscarriage. To remain cautiously optimistic but positive at this point. Only one embryo but we will take it!
  • akak23akak23 member
    @lemondrop1976 how are you feeling after the ER? 

@prepfamily this is such great news!! 
  • @prepfamily yay! Congrats!!! 

Singleton, due June 2016

• Thanks ladies! I'm hoping that all of you have similar luck! I go back in two weeks and he told me to make an apt with my dr for 4 weeks :) I'm hoping we will both be able to relax a little but I'm not sure we will until we are holding a healthy baby!
  • @lemondrop1976 what did you end up deciding to do? We had to have ICSI as we are male factor. I know that fertilization rates can be higher with it even not male factor. It would be a hard decision.
  • Our donor egg cycle PGS results came in today and only one of five embryos were normal. We are devastated. $40,000 spent and only one chance. I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, etc. I am so afraid this one wont work. I needed more than one chance. I cannot believe for a proven donor with five previous cycles that this happened. Our doctor thinks it was just a “bad batch”, but I dont know. Just a year ago she had good results. I am still thinking back to the fact that the last ultrasound was done four days before retrieval. It felt too long. But I cant prove anything. This is just horrible. 
  • @prepfamily I went with ICSI. I was convinced again, mainly because I had 4 eggs and only 1 was mature at the time of ET. Great US news!

My RE had a change of plans and I'm at the office now for a fresh 2day transfer. I didn't know that anyone transferred on day 2, but they are booked and because of my age its actually recommended. I don't know what to expect because last update I had yesterday was I had 1 good fertilized egg,  1 not so hot fertilized egg, and 2 pending fertilization. 

• @casey301 I'm so sorry :(.  Praying that one little embryo sticks!!  It is only one embryo, but at least the odds will be good since it has been tested.  I'd definitely talk to your doctor why she didn't have more ultrasounds leading up to the trigger.  It's totally possible the eggs were past their prime.  And if you're doing DE again, I'd definitely consider a different clinic if not just for your peace of mind.   But hopefully you'll get pregnant and you won't have to worry about that again.  

Singleton, due June 2016

• @lemondrop1976 good luck at transfer! 1 good egg is all it takes! Also good to hear you might have more. 

@casey301 I’m so sorry to hear that only one was good, but it does only take one! My friend did IVF due to her husband having had a vasectomy (so no egg or sperm issues) and they only ended up with 2 good eggs. She transferred one and now has a 1.5 year old son. I’m not sure if I would blame the ultrasound process on only one out of five being good, that sounds like a quality issue to me. I assume this donor’s eggs were being matched with different sperm than last time she cycled? If that’s the case it might be the sperm and not the eggs. I would ask either way because the goal is usually 3 good embryos. 

@prepfamily so good to hear about your US!!! Such a relief to see and hear that heartbeat 

@caitiemae when is your US? Soon? It feels like the wait to US is sooooo long! 

anyone else doing vaginal progesterone? I feel like it didn’t bother me as much last time, this time it’s like torture! The constant oil-streak down there is driving me nuts and I still have 5 weeks to go. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque my ultrasound is Monday.  This has felt like the longest 2 weeks ever!!  I'm on Crinone progesterone this time as well.  Luckily, it's not as messy as Endometrin, but I just constantly feel sweaty and gross down there!  

Singleton, due June 2016

• @caitiemae eep! Monday!! So close! I think my clinic prefers a less-messy version of the suppositories, but the pharmacy that my insurance covers doesn’t carry them :(

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • akak23akak23 member
    @lemondrop1976 good luck on your transfer! Sending lots of positive thoughts.

I don’t start my vaginal progesterone until next week but that doesn’t sound like it’s going to be fun lol! Do y’all know if you can go swimming with the patches? My husbands family is having a trip to the lake and I’m dreading being in a bathing suit with patches (I have to wear 4 a day the week of the trip) and a drippy progesterone vag... How do y’all deal??
  • @PoeMasque and @akak23 Thank you!

My 2day fresh transfer today resulted in 3 embryos being transferred: two were 4 cell, and one 3 cell.
  • @lemondrop1976 congrats on being PUPO!  Stick, babies, stick!!

Singleton, due June 2016

• Congrats @lemondrop1976 praying they stick! 

I'm also on Crinone. Doesn't seem to make too much of a mess but my progesterone levels are pretty high and making it difficult to use the bathroom! I'm taking 3 stool softener a day and still not regular :( Ohhh the joys LOL

@caitiemae praying for you today, let us know how it goes!

@casey301, this process is so rough with the ups and downs. Hoping that this one works. The good news is you know it is good quality! Trying to stay positive and doubting things along the way just seem to be natural. Keeping you in my thoughts!
  • Had my ultrasound- saw a little baby with a heartbeat of 117!  

Singleton, due June 2016

• @caitiemae Happy for you, great news!