Infertility

May/June IUIs

Hi ladies! I don’t really see any dedicated IUI groups, it all seems geared toward those doing IVF and FET. So I am starting one 😁

I am 8dpo/IUI and have my beta on Friday. I am trying SUPER hard to wait for my beta but I bought two FRERs today. So chances are I will be testing at home before hand 😂

If this cycle doesn’t work (2nd consecutive cycle) we will be doing another round. I will be asking to increase my gonal dosage hoping for a better response. I’m paying for hyper-stimulation but have only gotten one follicle these last two cycles. Being 36, I need a better response. 

Where Is everyone else in there cycles?

Re: May/June IUIs

• I’m not doing IUI, but TI with Menopur. There isn’t a board for that, but maybe we could allow me to join?? I am starting my second round of injectables tomorrow after a really devastating BFN a few days ago! 

If you don’t think this is a good place for me to post that’s ok. Just looking for some support on this journey ☺️
  • chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited May 2019
    @Steele743 I'm 2DPO from a TI with letrozole cycle, so I'm hopeful I can hang out here too...

this will be our 3rd TI cycle with letrozole. one was successful, but **TW** ended in a chromosome issue **

I released 3 eggs this time and timing was great, so FX! If it doesn't work in a few more cycles, my RE wants to jump straight to IVF so that's a little much for me rn... 

edit for more info
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Loading the player...
  • keebs83keebs83 member
    edited May 2019
    You both are absolutely welcome!

@Steele743 good luck with the injections, I hear the menopur burns like a mother!

im sorry about the BFN. I have a feeling this month is going to hit me really hard too if it’s a bfn

@chichiphin  3 follies on letrozole?! Holy bananas. That is an awesome response!! How old are you may I ask? I have a feeling my lackluster response has to do with my age. A year and a half ago I was getting 5 eggs easy on the exact same protocol. Kind of crushes me a bit to see how much my fertility has declined in such little time. 
  • @chichiphin- I did letrozole and it worked but also ended up with chromosomal abnormalities! Triploidy to be exact. Good luck this month!! 

As for menopur- I didn’t think it was too bad! The worst part for me was the angle, I’m small and also have really bad diastisis from my last pregnancy so wasn’t much subcutaneous tissue! I matured 4 eggs and not one took. I am now terrified that something else is wrong with my eggs. DH has 142 million mobile sperm so he’s clearly not the issue here. Lol. I go in for a baseline US today so I’ll keep everyone posted!! 

Im so happy to have and give support through the journey!! 
  • Not great news from the doc today. I have a large cyst on my right ovary so I have to wait a month before beginning the next round of Menopur. I’m bummed. I’ve never even had a cyst before. I suppose that puts me out until the July board. I really hope you ladies get your BFPs this month!!! I’ll be lurking for updates ❤️
  • @steele743 I'm so sorry you're benched! I really hope July is it for you! 

@keebs83 I'm 28 - I'm on letrozole to purposefully release more than one egg, as I ovulate on my own. My issue is that my LP is too short and my husband's sperm is subpar. The RE just wants to give the sperm more chances to hit an egg. 

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Hey everyone! I am currently doing my 4th Clomid/Trigger/IUI cycle! I am going for my ultrasound on Wednesday and then more than likely IUI on Friday! I've been benched for a couple months so I'm excited to try again! ^^

Good luck to everyone this cycle! ^^ 
    History: *TW Loss*

Me: 31

DH: 27

D/X: Unexplained Infertility- Unexplained Recurrent Loss

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

Feb IUI- Loss @ 7 weeks... Euploid Male

May IUI: TBD

• keebs83keebs83 member
    @Steele743 I am so sorry about the cyst! Did they put you on BCP during your time out to see if it helps it go away any faster? I had
    one once (like an actual cyst, not my PCOS cysts) and they had me on that for the month. 

@chichiphin can they give you progesterone to try and lengthen your LP too? Or is it more complicated than that?

@sarahtothea you are absolutely welcome to join! We may be keeping this group for July too if it is just us few ladies! Just keep it going for as long as needed!

Trigger warning- as for me, I had my beta today at 13dpo. The clinic accidentally released my results to my online portal. My hcg is a very low 5.73. Being a holiday weekend, I go back Tuesday for a repeat to see what is going on. Obviously I know what it most likely means but I am going to hope and pray for the best! I’m going to say I am PUPO!
  • edited May 2019
    Hello all hope you don’t mind if I join! I have severe PCOS and my husband has 4% morph so we are dealing with MFI and my issues. We have been trying with just medicated cycles on and off over the past 7 years with no luck and we are finally in a position to move forward with fertility treatments so here I am! I am currently doing my first ever iui and things are going kind of slowly. I started femera 7.5mg cd 4-8, Gonal F 75 cd 8 and 10 went for my first scan on cd 11 with a lot of small follicles on my right and a 10 on my left with a few right behind. Cd 13 scan I had a 14,13 and 11 on my left and today cd 15 I have a 17, 15 and 11 all still on my left side my right is quite. I go back on Sunday cd 17 and most likely will trigger. 
  • keebs83keebs83 member
    @trueserenity85 welcome! I have PCOS and husband has MFI as well! With it going a bit slow that is really normal for those of us with PCOS on injectables. Because we already have so many follicles ready for growing they always start us at 75 to be sure we don’t get 10 mature and end up like octomom. Next cycle they may bump you up on a day or two of injections. Let us know how it goes on Sunday!
  • Thank you for the words of encouragement  @keebs83 I am 33 and hope that this works obviously but I think I will only do 1 more iui before moving on to Ivf if this cycle doesn’t work do to financial reasons. I hope that your repeat beta shows success this is such a tough journey and all the waiting makes it worse. I’m rooting for you it would be awesome to see a success story 😃.
  • @keebs83 yes, quite a lot of prometrium during the TWW because of it. 400 mg a day! I pray your hcg rises and it was just a later implantation ❤️

@trueserenity85 I’m glad those follies are progressing! Fx for good sizes for trigger :) 

@sarahtothea hope the IUI went well! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• keebs83keebs83 member
    @chichiphin that progesterone is some awful stuff! I also take it during my TWW and during first trimester. It mimics every pregnancy symptom and just drives a person crazy! Right?!
  • Went for my follow up ultrasound today one at 19.6 and one at 16.4 taking my trigger tonight at 11pm and iui Tuesday morning at 11am. My lining is only at 6 so they gave me Estrace to take vaginally the next two days morning and night. Thank you @chichiphin they are finally there lol. I hope everyone the best this is only my first time and it a lot to deal with. You all are so strong 💪. 
  • keebs83keebs83 member
    @trueserenity85 are you so excited for tomorrow? How are you feeling with the estrace?
  • I am super excited for tomorrow part of me feels like this is my first real chance you know. But I also don’t want to get my hopes up to high because I know what the chances statistically are! I don’t know if it’s the trigger or the estrace but last night at work I had a headache and I was feeling kind of hazy if that makes sense, I actually left work because I work in a hospital as a phlebotomist and didn’t feel like poking people was a great idea. You have follow up beta tomorrow right? I hope 🤞 your news is great you will be in my thoughts for sure! 
  • keebs83keebs83 member
    @trueserenity85 how did it go?! Are you feeling better!

i had my repeat beta today and go for my third on Thursday. It’s 3 hours one way to my clinic so this driving is getting to me 😴😴
  • Is it ok if I join in? I am on my 3rd round of IUI with femara 5mg cd 3-7 and gonal-f 125 units cd 4, 6 and 8. I had my second appt today and he is having me do 100 more units of gonal f tonight and we are triggering tomorrow with IUI planned for Friday morning. He said everything is looking good except my lining is a little thin, which was also the case the last 2 times. I’m concerned, worried, and super excited all at once! 
  • Welcome @stillflying how exciting hope all goes well on Friday keep us posted! 
    @keebs83 wow that is a long trip to bad you can’t do your betas with your primary care that’s crazy. I am feeling better but a few hours after my iui I got super cramps on my left side they have subsided for the most part now but I coughed and I’m  definitely sore. 
  • Hello ladies, I am new here and I am in my first IUI cycle (letrozole 5mg CD 5-9, trigger and progesterone suppositories). My DH and I have been actively trying since last October, and since I am 39 and he is 43 we decided to see a RE sooner rather than later since we did not conceive on our own, our diagnosis is unexplained. I just had an US today (CD 11), my lining was 7 and I had one follicle on the right at 14 and two on the left at 16 and 12. RE said to return tomorrow for another US, maybe IUI will be on Sunday. Since this is my first time I am not sure if these numbers are good or bad, I am just excited to get things moving.
    @keebs83 FX for your betas
    @trueserenity85 FX for your TWW!
    @stillflying I totally get the concerned, worried and excited at the same time, I am right there with you! Our IUIs might be very close together.
    Me 39 DH 43
    Married 6/2015
    TTC#1 since 10/18
    Dx: Unexplained
    IUI#1 - femara, trigger, pro sup
  • I went for another US today (CD 12) to check my follies, the one on the right was 16x11, and the 2 on the left were 19x16 and 16x13, did BW as well. They will call me later in the afternoon with the plan. 
    How is everyone doing?
    Me 39 DH 43
    Married 6/2015
    TTC#1 since 10/18
  • sarahtotheasarahtothea member
    edited May 2019
    Hey y'all~ Been super busy so forgive me for not being very active!!!!

@keebs83 Good luck!!!!! I've been in beta hell every IUI so I definitely feel for you! FX!!!

@trueserenity85 This is a hard process full of ups and downs! I have my FX for you!!! 

@chichiphin My IUI is tomorrow, I'm excited to start up again ^^ I had 3 mature follicles which is my highest yet! ^^ 

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• olivklauolivklau member
    edited June 2019
    @sarahtothea @stillflying hope your IUIs went well today and this is the one for you!
    Me 39 DH 43
    Married 6/2015
    TTC#1 since 10/18
  • @olivklau thank you for the support! FX this is the one for all of us  <3

Update: had the IUI on May 31 as scheduled and they say everything went perfectly from the sample to the procedure. Now I just need to keep myself occupied as to not constantly think about it! :D
  • Wow, we’ve got quite a few members now! 

@stillflying I am glad everything went so great yesterday! Fingers crossed for you!

@sarahtothea how did your IUI go? 3 follies is freaking awesome!! I hope it went great!

@olivklau did you hear what the plan was? 

@trueserenity85 the cramping is such a pain for sure. I had several cycles where I didn’t have any and now I get cramping for a few days after an IUI. My uterus is just a jerk I guess 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣🤣 Are you feeling better? 

I’ve had 3 betas now and they aren’t sure how it is going yet. Go back for my 4th on Monday. It is so nerve wracking and I’ve had several meltdowns over all of it and just bawled my eyes out. Target parking lot. My husband’s work parking lot. Yup. Lots of crying. I would just like to know for sure which way this was going. Only time will tell. Until then I obsess over everything. 
  • @keebs83 so sorry you are in this “in between” situation. I totally get letting the emotions out crying, ir is so hard trying to keep balance with all the ups and downs we go through in this journey.
    I hope you find out soon and FX for your next beta!

AFM, I had to go back yesterday again for US and my follies had grown more (17,21,20) and lining was 12 mm. I triggered last night and IUI will be Monday. I am excited!
    Me 39 DH 43
    Married 6/2015
    TTC#1 since 10/18
  • Hi everyone, may I join? I'm a newbie, 31 (32 in 2 weeks) and DH is going on 33. My diagnosis is HA and his SA is all good. We are TTC #1 and  I have done one IUI so far in April but it failed, and I had to take a 2.5 week break due to cysts. I am on day 5 of injections and got an u/s tomorrow. We are not sure if we will do a 3rd IUI or move to IVF since the meds are expensive.

Anyways, hoping for the best for us and for everyone here. GL! :)
  • @olivklau good luck tomorrow! Those are some very nice follicles and a great lining to work with! Let us know how it goes. 

@love112314 welcome! Sorry about having to take the break for cysts. Do they have you using a trigger shot or just surging naturally? Hopefully you won’t have that happen again! And hopefully you won’t have to move onto IVF 😉 
  • @olivklau Thank you!!! Hope your IUI goes well today, you had great follicle sizes and lining thickness!!!! ^^

@keebs83 Ugh, I'm so sorry you are going through all that! So they have had you do 4 betas... but have the given you your numbers yet? It's hard to be positive when you are so unsure about everything, but I have my FX for you!!! 

@love112314 Welcome! Hope your u/s went well!!!

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @keebs83 Thank you! I am using the HCG trigger. Good luck on the beta! 

@sarahtothea Thank you! 

Nothing much on the u/s but I am only one vial. The low and slow stimming sucks but I guess it's better than having to cancel. For those on injections, how long do you normally stim?

• @love112314 I have PCOS and I would do roughly 4 stims. I’d start on day 4ish and go to day 11, every other day. But I was on combo meds. So I took letrozole on top of gonal. 

As as for me *TW- me beta dis not rise at all over 4 days. I go back again on Wednesday to see where they are. So it looks as though it stopped growing over the weekend. I am crushed and heartbroken. But, we are dusting ourselves off and going right into another cycle as soon as my body does what it needs to. Soul crushing for sure. 
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    Hi Everyone!! Just getting our journey started and wanted to jump back on the boards during testing to refresh. 35 year old Canadian with Stage 4 Endometriosis! 

***TW***

I have a 21 month old son, Parker. I had him after a successful IUI with injections (puregon). I was told I was likely an IVF case but with 6 strict Months is a full diet change I improved my hormone levels/egg count and after 2 months of no “decent” follicle stimulation (testing and my first medicated cycle) our next cycle worked. So there is hope!

I just had my IUD taken out last week, had a full panel blood work done. DH had his semen analysis today. Now I’m just waiting for cycle day 1. Super nervous but also hopeful and excited.  
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @keebs83 I'm so sorry. :( sending good thoughts your way

@JWatt5 GL!
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @keebs83 - so sorry to hear. It’s so disappointing. Do something for yourself ❤️ 
    @love112314 - I would stim from day 3 to sometimes 14. I know my “good” month, the slow and steady stim process is what worked best! 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @olivklau I hope things went well on Monday! 

@keebs83 we’re here for you, I’m sorry you’re going through a hard time  :(

a question for everyone: is anyone doing progesterone suppositories? No question about it or anything, just seeing if anyone else finds it as utterly annoying as I do! Haha  :D
  • @JWatt5 thanks! I know the slow and steady is better it just feels like it takes foreverrr

@stillflying I did for my last IUI and I'm sure I will  be for this cycle. They're super annoying! My RE I think said for an FET you have to do it 2-3x a day and have to do the shots too 😣
  • @keebs83 I just got back on to check on you! I am so sorry!!!! When will you start your next round?? Maybe you and I will have July bfp’s!!! 

As for me, this cyst has been AWFUL. Tons of digestive issues and weight gain and mood swings, you name it!!! All the hormonal imbalance awfulness. It’s been over two weeks and I am just now starting to feel normal again. I can’t wait to go in on the 17th to re-evaluate!! Hopefully I can start up again! 
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @stillflying - I did them last time. So gross! lol. Not looking forward to that again but way better than PIO!!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Just checking in to see how everyone is doing/feeling? <3
  • Hey all any updates on the TWW?
    @stillflying I'm on progesterone too! I hate it! It's so gross lol It also makes me so moody and tired!

AFM-
    Update in the spoiler
    *TW*

I got a bfp yesterday. Unfortunately for me,this is my 4th bfp, and I've had a loss every time so it's kinda bittersweet ^^ However, I'm gonna try to stay positive for the time being! 

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP