August 2019 Moms

The Big Question - Facebook

Re: The Big Question - Facebook

• I’m down to move to FB, but vote to make it a slow and controlled process. At first I was weary, but I’m part of a FB mom group where i know very few participants in real life, so pretty much the same thing. 
  • @chillycanadian so is that a yes? 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • I’m a yes if I make the cut! I agree that it’s so much easier to connect with people and deepen relationships on Facebook and TB app sucks. 
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    If I qualify for either FB or a private group I’m game when the time is deemed right. I’m probably not as active as some other ladies but I am on here daily even if I don’t post. I’d hate to miss out on the conversation and questions if there’s a transition....that said, fully aware of stranger danger so I’m in only if you'll have me! 
  • Okay I know this is the FB group thread, but has anyone seen Winchestergirl? It has been a long time since she posted here or made a peep. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake wasn’t she dealing with crazy nausea well into second tri? I hope she’s okay!
  • I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere but I also don't feel paranoid about people knowing "the real me".  
  • @suzycupcake I was literally thinking about her this afternoon and have no idea what is going on. Hopefully all is well. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @sourlemon sorry, I complicated things. I posted earlier saying I'm for FB if I qualify. And then posted a second time as an explaination.
    Because apparently I don't do anything coherently or easily 😂
  • I'm down for the move to FB. I wouldn't be as active on TB, but I check my N17 FB group daily.
  • I’m down for either a move to FB or to a PG. I agree that FB is easier to use but it’s become a habit to check in on TB daily so I’m good with a PG if it means everyone can stay involved. 
  • So far the count: 
    Yea: 21
    May: 1
    Prefer PG: 3

@suzycupcake and @olivemomma if you are interested in being admins, please PM me. We can start figuring out the process over the next few days/week. I think we could use another admin if anyone is interested, please nominate yourself. 

As far as I see it, admin duties are gonna be mainly during the initial setup and vetting. Once things are up and running, hopefully admin duties will be tiny (aka hopefully we remain drama free), but they'd need to be able to be firm if an action is required.  

• jrm_14jrm_14 member
    I’m on the line.  If I met the vetting, I’d join a FB group. However, I like the idea of a private group on TB first. Those are also a pain for me to remember to check, though. 
  • hemlheml member
    @moon1417 You mean requiring people to post their faces in the public HDBD thread on here? I’m opposed to that idea but happy to provide FB admins with whatever vetting info they need 
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @moon1417 Yeah, I'm with @heml - I don't think we should require anyone to include their face in their bump picture on a public board like this. Once we move to a PG/FB, maybe, but not here. 
  • @heml - I mean on FB sorry! Not here, I can understand this is public, but once we go FB, I want to see both bump with face and vetting with face. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• hemlheml member
    GOTCHA @moon1417! That makes total sense to match them up. 
  • I'm ok with a FB group. I check FB more than TB but try to at least read both daily to keep up with things. TB app also keeps logging me out on my phone so gets annoying when I try to love tit something and it doesn't let me.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sourlemon - Please add me to the Yea group. Like many others, I would prefer a Private/Secret group. I'm open to other platforms if others feel those apps are more user-friendly and/or secure. And I'm fine transitioning at any point, really, and will be active on both until the very end/delivery and then I'll probably do mostly FB since the TB app is really wonky.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• I'll join in the Yay for FB group but I wouldn't be opposed to a PG either.
    As far as the vetting process, I hope that it wouldn't include a review of our FB page content. Reason is b/c I haven't put anything on FB about the pregnancy. No particular reason, I just don't post updates about myself that often and want to avoid extra attention.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sw1122sw1122 member
    @Lotus_2008 - I hadn't thought of that. I'm also not active on FB and haven't posted anything since 2018, besides random stuff I'm tagged in. When I do post on social media, it's typically instagram.
  • @Lotus_2008 - My FB posts are all over, but my page is pretty locked down so it would only be shares from public pages people would see, warning: they're about enjoying a stiff drink, dealing with toddlers, and telling people to keep their hands off my body ... and uplifting/funny quotes. Maybe some nerdy grammar stuff.

I have an IG and I keep saying I'm going to start using it more, but I don't ... I wouldn't mind this being the impetus to start that. As with FB, my IG is also super locked down (since my original plan was for any pics of family or DD1 were going to be on there since there aren't any of my older family members on it who don't *understand* internet safety - but again - because they don't understand it, I started getting requests for pics, etc and relented :# ).
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• I tried to lock my personal FB so that non-friends can see nearly zero.  If and when we move - if this is not the case please bring it to my attention haha.  I don't think we need to vet actual pages. 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• No we shouldn't need to view private pages. We will set up an entrance criteria to ensure people are real people but your private Facebook can remain private. 

I'm friends with a few people from my last BMBs FB group but mostly I have kept it private. If/when you want to friend people is completely up to you and not required to join the page. 

• I would be ready to go now/soon. I have not been active at all in the last month just because work has gotten busy and it has been hard to keep up, but I'm able to jump on Facebook much easier. I hope people remember me!
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good point @mkrel!
    **History in Spoiler**

• If we had 4 admins there could be a 3/4 rule where you need 3/4 approval on anything...
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • I want to discuss FB rules before we move over too.

If they are unattainable to me, I wont want to put my personal info out on FB just for me to get kicked out eventually.  For me participation ebbs and flows, if we are going to have strict participation I wont be able to join.  I think you can tell from my participation here that I am active when I can be but I'm am not one of those people that can have a day long chat.  Especially when life happens, I may check in once a week.  I understand the "give support to get support"  mentality, but if that means I cant participate as life allows, I struggle.  I give more support than I typically request and for some reason that wasn't enough in my BMB FB group and I ended up leaving it.  For me the BMB FB group became a constant living thing, and if you missed even a single day, it felt impossible for me to catch up.  People will create strong connections, and some people will really hit it off with each other. I don't want people being picked off one by one because their connections may not be as strong as others who become besties.   I wasn't alone in my last BMB and I assume I wouldn't be alone here, so I'd rather bring this up now than a year down the line. 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• emqbeeemqbee member
    @mrosek91 does hubby know?!?! Yay!!
  • I’m a yes for the move if you guys will still have me. I’ve been around since the beginning, but it is struggle city for me to keep up with TB app and I’m wayyy more active in my other BMBs that are on FB. I’d be happy to have someone stalk my FB to make sure I’m a real person. :)
  • @sourlemon, sure, I don’t mind. 

@mrosek91, yayyyyy!!!!! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• mkrelmkrel member
    @moon1417 I think in my current BMB FB group if someone hasn't been participating in a month, an admin tags them and reaches out to check in.