September 2019 Moms

GTKY Beauty Routine!!

Do you have any tried and true beauty secrets you've spent the last 20 years mastering? If so, SPILL IT! 

Anything goes here ladies! Make up, hair care, skin care, sun care, all natural products - whatever! 

I've come up with some Q's to help guide, since this post covers many areas, but feel free to just give your perspective on whatever you want! 

What is your skin type and skin care routine?

Any skincare struggles you're facing, or use to face but have corrected?

What is your hair type and hair care routine? Colored?

Do you use styling tools? Have any techniques you recommend?

Make up routine? 

Favorite products (any category!) you can't live without?

Any products that work okay but you're looking for a replacement for? Maybe someone here can make a recommendation! 

Do you have a signature scent?

Do you have any all-natural products you love?

Do you have a TLC nail routine you love?

Do you have a sun protection routine? 

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? 

Do you prefer to spend your $$ on regularly scheduled facials / massages?

Curious about  / would you consider botox? 

Anything goes here ladies!! EEKK!

Re: GTKY Beauty Routine!!

• Started this post selfishly, of course, because I'm trying new hair products am an rreeaallyyyy struggling to find something I love. Then I started thinking, "I wish I had a bunch of girlfriends that could weigh in" ......then I realized, I DO!!!!

What is your skin type and skin care routine? Ugh, fair, sensitive, dry, prone to redness and breakouts. It took me years to find a skincare routine that worked and it was only after I paid top $$ for a facial and purchased the expensive products that they recommended. Anytime I try to stray from my routine my face breaks out and I look like a haggard troll. I use Renee Rouleau hydrating gel to milk face wash, a hydrating toner and alternate during summer and winter months between two of her moisturizers. I don't use the moisturizer as much as I probably should. Most days I just wash and use the toner.  Also, I only wash my face once a day, usually before bed. In the morning I will wash with water but won't use the whole skin care routine.  I have no idea if this is good or not. Mostly I'm just lazy. 

What is your hair type and hair care routine? Colored? Dense, fine, curly, colored. Basically the worst! I alternate between curly and flat ironed hair. I'm trying out Kevin Murphy and Oribe (smells soooooooo good) for when I wear my hair straight, and Deva curl for when it's curly. I'd say I need a better recommendation for something hydrating when I wear it straight that doesn't leave a residue. 

For dry shampoo I use Perfect Hair Day (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!)

Anyone have a good heat protector they recommend that won't weigh down fine hair?

Do you use styling tools? Have any techniques you recommend? Yes! I have a dyson airwave and it's AMAZING. It's pricey and I really only recommend it to folks who have difficult-to-style hair. I can get my hair 80% flat with it (a blow dryer is a joke, I literally end up with an afro) and use my cheap flat iron to tame some of the volume, extra kinks, etc. I used to have a Chi, which I loved, then it broke, then  I got a babyliss, and I hated it. Then I got a cheap $30 flatiron at the drug store and have been happy with it. 

Make up routine? lol, this one is lacking. I use Clinique barely there powder 99% of the time, or when I'm having a crabby skin day I'll use IT Cosmetics CC cream. The coverage is meh but I typically don't break out from it. I need something for my under eyes. Anyone have a recommendation?

Favorite products (any category!) you can't live without? When curly, I use Paul Michelle's sculpting foam and have for years. I'm always trying new things but keep coming back to this baby. I also have really good things I say about the Renee Rouleau products I use in terms of their functionality, however the price point is less than exciting. I keep trying new things and always end up with the same, red, broken out results :(  

Do you have a signature scent? lol I probably have 15 perfumes and alternate between them. One of my favorites is Dior's Hypnotic Poison

Do you have any all-natural products you love? I love burts bee's honey milk lotion. I've been slathering it all over this pregnant belly. The smell is really faint and nice too!

Do you have a TLC nail routine you love? I used Sally Hanson's GEL formula for about a year but found it makes my nails brittle. I love painting my nails but am looking for something that doesn't wreck them. Open to suggestions! Maybe I just need to go back to regular polish and a good quality top / base coat?

Do you have a sun protection routine? We use plain ol 30 - 50 SPF sun screen when on the boat. I don't have a day to day suncare routine - but I probably should. I just always find when I add an extra later of lotion to my facial routine, I end up with more breakouts

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? FAKE LASHES ARE SO MUCH FUN! But were way too expensive / time consuming for me to maintain. I did them 6 weeks before my wedding, and again a week before and felt like a Disney princess. I also did a spray on tan before my wedding and really loved it. Again, way too expensive to maintain, but gosh I felt so beautiful. 

Do you prefer to spend your $$ on regularly scheduled facials / massages? I go twice a year with my girlfriend! We go for our birthdays - Sept and Feb. If you're going to splurge on something like this, I'd recommend a spa with tonnnns of free amenities. The spa I go to is in a hotel so I can pretty much use all of the fancy hotel amenities, pool, hot tub, steam room, two bars (for margs when not knocked up of course) and a restaurant. We usually make a whole half day of it!

Curious about  / would you consider botox? Not a hard no, but I will pretty much exhaust all skin care routine efforts before I turn to this stuff. Has anyone ever done it for migraines?!?! Did it work?!

• @nomangos23 I won’t be of much help as I severely lack in the hair care department! For under eyes I recommend Tarte Shape Tape concealer! 

Combination skin teetering on dry. I’m HORRIBLE at taking care of my skin. I don’t even wash my face every time I’m in the shower. I’m trying to get better though, so I’m giving the Tula line a try. 

My only issue really is texture. I don’t break out or anything, but I have roughness I’d like to get rid of. Any suggestions??

My hair is fine, thin, and partially curly. I usually either straighten it or use a curling wand. I don’t have any ride or die products but I would love some advice! I just use a volume mouse when wet and a texture spray after styling. 

I love to use my straighter to curl, but after 10 years it just bit the dust. Now I can’t decide on a new one to get. I do recommend a curling wand over a curling iron if you’re just looking for waves. 

Make up routine? 
    Makeup is my jam! I don’t have the time in the morning to do a full face routine (about an hour and a half process), so I’m trying to nail down a 5 minute face. Can anyone recommend a high end tinted moisturizer they love? 
    Im did my own makeup for my wedding because I’m just so critical of makeup artists. I love watching makeup tutorials on YouTube and have my ride or die beauty gurus that I love. 

A fine mist aerosol setting spray! I like Morphe. I feel so dusty and powdery if I don’t use it. 

Any products that work okay but you're looking for a replacement for? Maybe someone here can make a recommendation! 
    Anything hair care related! 

Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline! So fresh I love it

Unfortunately I don’t.

My nails need help! I’m a nail picker so I have the nails of a man who does hard labor. 

Just the regular spray sunscreen 

Love false lashes! I’d love to get them professionally done, but it is out of my budget. I use Flutter brand and they’re so light I can’t even feel them. I would kill for microbladed brows too, but again they’re out of my budget!

If I had money to I would, but sadly I don’t!

Probably if I had the wrinkles and the money!
  • Loading the player...
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member

First off, I will say that I am a skincare junky. I am frugal in other areas of life so that I can invest in quality skincare products. I think it makes a difference. My skin was always nice and clear until I started TCC. Fertility treatments for 2 years wrecked my skin. That is when I started a real routine. 

I honestly could write a novel below, but I don't want ya'll do judge me lol. Feel free to ask me questions though!  

What is your skin type and skin care routine? I have hormonal acne prone skin. The before and after pictures from when I started a routine to now are crazy. Taking good care of my skin has helped so so much.

Morning:

• Wash with just water (you shouldn’t need cleanser if you washed the night before)
    • Serum
    • Cream/ moisturizer (If I need it)
    • Sunscreen

Night:

• Wash with cleanser
    • Mask (every three or so nights)
    • Toner
    • Derma roll (one a week)
    • Retinol (not when pregnant)
    • Serum
    • Night cream/eye cream

I dye my hair blonde, but I’m pretty relaxed when my hair routine. This is a save category for me. I just use basic shampoo and products. 

Make up routine? 

I am also a makeup junky. I love makeup, but my normal everyday face is pretty simple. I use Beauty Counter foundation and then just a small amount of blush and mascara. I’ll do a full face for date nights. 

Oh man. I might need to think on this one. I have a lot.

• Retinol (not when pregnant). I use SkinMedica.
    • Triple Lipid Night cream by SkinCeuticals.
    • Sunscreen
    • Benefit Benetint lip balm
    • Lancome brow brush (I can’t remember the name, but I can find it if someone wants)
    Do you have a signature scent? Georgio Armani Si’. DH got it for me years ago and I love it so much. I get compliments on it all the time. 

Do you have any all-natural products you love? I am a big fan of Beauty Counter. 

Do you have a sun protection routine? YES. Every single day. I know the media is against sunscreen right now, but I find that all to be so ridiculous. I like the Image brand. 

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? No to false lashes, or micro-bladed brows. I do spray tan once in awhile. Like before a big event. 

Do you prefer to spend your $$ on regularly scheduled facials / massages?  I prefer to get facials. 

Curious about  / would you consider botox? I don’t know. I don’t think Botox can save you from a bad skin care routine…

@nomangos I use SkinFood salmon undereye cream. It is super thick, but I have dark circles, so it really helps. https://www.amazon.com/Skinfood-Salmon-Brightening-Eye-Cream/dp/B003SFKX7O. I also really like Nars undereye creams, but I think the tub is too small and doesn't last long enough. 
  • I am probably the exact opposite of @kgg2241. I’m not a skincare or makeup junkie at all! I am only very passionate about sun protection! 

Normal, slightly more oily in the T zone. I wash my face every night with Oil of Olay foaming face wash. Every morning I wash my face again (same product) and put on my Oil of Olay moisturizer on face, neck, ears and décolletage (spf 15). I’ll use the SPF 30 one if I’m expecting to spend the day in the sun.

Any skincare struggles you're facing, or use to face but have corrected? Nah.

What is your hair type and hair care routine? Colored? Straight, natural. I flip flop between brands depending on what’s on sale. I got for the volumizing / moisturizing versions of Aussie, Pantene and Tresemme. 

Do you use styling tools? Have any techniques you recommend? Rarely nowadays. Straightener when I wear my hair down (which is like never).

Make up routine? Hahahahahaha, no. I only wear makeup for weddings. I literally do not own a thing.

Favorite products (any category!) you can't live without? Daily Moisturizer lotion with SPF! Have you seen pictures of sun damaged skin?!? Take care of your face, ladies! Always wear a daily spf!!

Any products that work okay but you're looking for a replacement for? Maybe someone here can make a recommendation! I don’t use much...

Do you have a signature scent? Nope. I do have a bottle of my Nana’s vintage Chanel No. 5 that I wore for my wedding, but that’s pretty much it. 

Do you have any all-natural products you love? Nah.

Do you have a TLC nail routine you love? Nope.

Do you have a sun protection routine? Everyday! Moisturizer with SPF! When out and about for a day in the sun (golfing, biking, beach, hiking, etc. we wear SPF 30. There’s only a marginal difference between anything above SPF 30 so don’t waste your $. 

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? Never done any.

Do you prefer to spend your $$ on regularly scheduled facials / massages? Nope. I hoard my $. Lol.

Curious about  / would you consider botox? If I don’t age as gracefully as I would like, absolutely. Fun fact for you @nomangos23: I’m quite familiar with the company that manufactures Botox and I know that they have had town halls where people who have used Botox for “other” uses (headaches, excessive sweating, overactive bladder) have come in and sang it’s praises. It’s a truly wonderful drug.
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @lillywonderland But you wear sunscreen and that is probably the most important step you can do! 

• What is your skin type and skin care routine? Fair and oily.  I use the Rodan & Fields sensitive skin line right now.  Will use their reverse after she is born.

What is your hair type and hair care routine? Colored? Very fine and thin. I wash my hair once a week and conditioner wash everyday. Almost curly girl style but my hair is super stick straight.  I color about every 6-7 weeks

Do you use styling tools? Have any techniques you recommend? My requirement for haircuts is it has to be able to look good in the time it takes me to blowdry.  I use a round brush

Make up routine? I only wear makeup if we are going out. 

Do you have a TLC nail routine you love? I like to push back cuticles, shape and oil my nails regularly but thats about it

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? I want to try microblading so bad. My natural eyebrows are very light and thin

Doing this makes me realize how un-girly I really am.
  • What is your skin type and skin care routine? skin tone is medium fair ish..? I don't burn easily and can get super tan, but I can also be pretty light. Asian skin, I guess. It's dry and I have rosacea on my cheeks that usually presents itself as a slight redness, but sometimes I get flareups that include papules. So fun.

Any skincare struggles you're facing, or use to face but have corrected? Struggled with the rosacea which can flare if I'm in the sun too long or even when I combine sun and certain sunscreens. Once I was finally diagnosed, it's been easier to manage. I use really basic skin care products-- cerave hydrating facial cleanser and cerave facial moisturizer. I exfoliate weekly with Tatcha rice polish.

What is your hair type and hair care routine? Colored? Straight and fine. Currently it's very light. I go back and forth keeping it virgin or colored. I use Kevin Murphy hydrate-me shampoo and conditioner. Oribe dry shampoo. I use a heat protectant because I like to curl it. Can't remember the brand.

Do you use styling tools? Have any techniques you recommend? I use a wide barrel curling wand (the kind you have to wrap the hair around) and the T3 hairdryer.

Make up routine? I love makeup so much. I like to switch products up now and then, but the routine is always pretty much the same. Here's my routine with current products included:
    • primer - Tatcha The Silk Canvas
    • Foundation - I switch between It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness (it's a spot corrector, but I use it full face because it matches so well) and Becca ultimate coverage. Sometimes I use It Cosmetics your skin but better CC+ cream when I just want light coverage (@duewithpu2 I know it's not technically a tinted moisturizer, but I love it)
    • setting powder - Laura Mercier loose setting powder
    • contour - Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit
    • highlight - Anastasia sugar glow kit when I want to be dramatic, Urban Decay Naked Skin the Illuminizer for day-to-day
    • blush - NARS blush in Orgasm
    • eyes - I have way too many palettes. My current go-to is the urban decay naked smoky. I like Tarte's double take eyeliner. One end is waterproof liquid and the other is pencil. The mascara I currently have is Too Faced better than sex.
    • I used to do my brows with Benefit product, but I had them microbladed in February (or March). I couldn't be happier! Getting them done shaves at least 10 minutes off of my makeup routine
    • lips - I've been using Lipstick Queen Medieval lately. It's a sheer red. Otherwise my go to shade is nude-ish
    • setting spray - Morphe continuous setting mist or Too Faced hangover 3-in-1 spray.
    Favorite products (any category!) you can't live without? eyeliner and moisturizer

Do you have a signature scent? I like to switch it up a lot. Currently using a verbena scented perfume that I bought in Provence. Don't know the brand off the top of my head.

Do you have any all-natural products you love? eh not really

Do you have a TLC nail routine you love? I don't do much with my nails, just keep them filed and use cuticle oil (Burt's Bees). I have my own LED curing lamp and lots of gel polishes because I can do a better job than most salons, but I haven't been doing that as much since pregnant.

Do you have a sun protection routine? Nothing beyond moisturizer with SPF. I need to be better about this.

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? No to the lashes and spray tan, hell yes to the microbladed brows.

Do you prefer to spend your $$ on regularly scheduled facials / massages? My skin is so sensitive that I avoid facials like the plague, but I do love a good massage.

Curious about  / would you consider botox? nope.

• What is your skin type and skin care routine? I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to skin care. I use Costco brand facial wipes. I have pretty oily skin normally so I don't moisturize a ton. I also use Caudalie facial mist for a refreshing boost every now and then since that shit is expensive. 

What is your hair type and hair care routine? Colored? My hair is this funky wavy type. It used to be stick straight until I hit senior year of high school and then it started getting wavy. I'm not surprised since my mom has SUPER curly hair. I'm not a huge fan of my hair though since it gets kinda kinky and weird when I wash it before bed so I usually have to wash it during the day and let it air dry if I am going to leave it natural or else I have to curl it. It's also really difficult to straighten unless I round brush it (ain't nobody got time for that). I regularly color my hair and go between lighter in the summer and darker or red in the winter. 

Do you use styling tools? Have any techniques you recommend? Just mainly a curling iron. I can curl all of my hair in about 20 min which is nice. 

Make up routine? Foundation, powder, contour bronzer, blush and highlighter stick. And then I do my brows, eyeliner and mascara. Sometimes I will do eye shadow if I am feeling extra fancy. 

Favorite products (any category!) you can't live without? My one can't live without product is blush. I feel like it wakes my skin up a bit and brightens my features. 

Do you have a signature scent? Nah, I am pretty basic when it comes to scents since I get migraines easily. 

Do you have a TLC nail routine you love? I do my nails pretty regularly (every couple weeks). I use Color Street nail strips (don't worry, I don't sell them lol). 

Do you have a sun protection routine? I need to get a new facial sunscreen, but I regularly use SPF 50 since the sun here in CO is so intense. 

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? I've had a spray tan once and wasn't a huge fan, but I think if I did it again I would just go somewhere better. I don't wear false lashes, but I would totally get lash extensions if I could afford it. Same with micro blading! My brows are nothing special, so I need all the help I can get lol. 

Do you prefer to spend your $$ on regularly scheduled facials / massages? I enjoy a massage from time to time, but it's more of a special occasion type thing. 

Curious about  / would you consider botox? I mean, maybe? I don't know. I think I'll just need to wait and see how I feel when I start getting wrinkles. I will say that I have heard it helps with migraines, so maybe for that! 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @themadcamel I used to be ride or die for the Laura Mercier setting powder until I tried the Hourglass setting powder and it is ahhhmazing! If you haven’t tried it yet I highly recommend it!
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @duewithpu2 I love Hourglass too! I've been happy with their brow gel too. 
  • @duewithpu2 thanks, I'll look into it!
  • @kgg2241 I also use their primer and love it. I want to try their foundation next. I am getting burnt out on my Anastasia brow wiz. Maybe I’ll try their brow products!
  • Ooh, fun post!

Dry in the winter, oily in the summer. I don't do much... I don't wear foundation (occasionally BB cream if I have some kind of event to dress up for, like a wedding), so I use old fashioned Pond's cold cream to take off my eye makeup. I put on face cream and eye cream after each shower; my go-tos are Belif's "The True Cream Aqua Bomb" and "Moisturizing Eye Bomb". I'll also use the original Jergens lotion on my legs after shaving. 

Not that I can think of. Luckily my skin has always been pretty clear, aside from the occasional pimple on the chin. 

Brown, wavy, on the oily side, and not thin but certainly not thick. Not colored. Prone to frizzing up in humidity. I try to limit blow drys to once a week (partly to protect my hair, but mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to take the time to do it). I usually shower at night then French braid it while wet, which magically reduces frizz in the morning. I tend to wash it every other day and use dry shampoo in between (Living Proof's is the BEST).

Not really. I do like my Drybar blow dryer.

Make up routine? 
    -Under eye concealer: I alternate between Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion concealer and Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (technically it's foundation but provides a great light/medium coverage for my dark circles)
    -A swipe of eye shadow primer
    -Eye shadow: Usually stick to browns and golds. I've tried different brands and always come back to the Urban Decay Naked palettes.
    -Eyeliner: Clinique's liquid pen on the top lid only
    -Mascara: I prefer black over brown or colored mascara. I don't really care about the brand, and I like travel sizes because I can use them before they dry out.
    -Lips: Chapstick and a swipe of lipstick, usually in a nude-pink color. Urban Decay "Lady Flower" is a favorite for every day.

Dry shampoo and Chapstick!

Burberry Brit. Funny story: When I met DH back in college, he happened to wear the men's version.

I like Burt's Bees belly butter at the moment!

When I'll be outside in a bathing suit, I always always always put on SPF 50+ lotion (not spray) all over my body before putting my suit on. It's quite the production and I go through a lot of sunscreen that way, but I haven't had a sunburn in years. I like big floppy sun hats too.

Nope. I prefer to spend my money on clothes and good food :) 

I'd absolutely consider it down the road. I have hyperhidrosis in my palms so I've gotten botox in my hand a couple of times and it was glorious. 
  • Thanks for playing ladies! This is so much fun! 

@lillywonderland For whatever reason I knew you'd have a simple day-to-day routine but a very serious sun care routine :) 

@duewithpu2 Can you recommend someone that can show me how to do a smokey eye? If we were in a private group I'd upload a photo from my wedding and show you what I'm looking to recreate but.... coming soon!! Is the roughness on your skin enlarged pores? Bumps? Have you tried one of those exfoliating vibrating brush things? 

@kgg2241 I've heard great things about Beauty Counter, where do you buy it? I want to test all the products before I buy so ordering online won't work for me. 

@themadcamel Do you do full face makeup everyday for just for special occasions? What does a primer do? Do I need this? I think I need this... 

• I'm a little crunchy when it comes to products and even more so while KU, so this post should be fun.  :)  

Oily T-zone but gets dry, too.  Fair.

Any skincare struggles you're facing, or use to face but have corrected?  Used to have adult jawline acne.  Turns out eating gluten was the culprit.  

What is your hair type and hair care routine? Colored?  Thick, blonde, wavy (but not cool wavy).  

Do you use styling tools? Have any techniques you recommend?  Straightener.  I did buy the Chi spin and curl thing but haven't used it yet.

Make up routine?  Haha.  This one.  I wear eye lid primer (to avoid all shadow ending up in my crease), eye shadow, and mascara.  Oh and Burt's Bees Chapstick.  The end.  

Favorite products (any category!) you can't live without?  Urban Decay (hate the name so much) eye primer.

Any products that work okay but you're looking for a replacement for? Maybe someone here can make a recommendation!  Nope.

Do you have a signature scent?  I love perfume, but it gives me a headache, so nope!

Do you have any all-natural products you love?  I recently bought Attitude brand face wash and shampoo.  I love them!  They're all natural and super safe.  I'm planning on trying Herbal Essences Biologics (their safe line) after LO gets here (it contains an ingredient I'm not fond of for pregnancy).  

Do you have a TLC nail routine you love?  I haven't painted my nails since 3 mos before getting KU the first time for crunchy reasons.  

Do you have a sun protection routine?  I wear sunscreen if I'm going outside.  My ginger husband makes sure I don't "forget".

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? Nah.  I used to fake bake in high school (so dumb!) but now I just embrace the whiteness.  I'm also way too low maintenance for the other two categories.

Do you prefer to spend your $$ on regularly scheduled facials / massages?  Nope.  I've had 5 massages in my life.  I've had 2 facials and broke out after each one, so no more of those.  :)

Curious about  / would you consider botox?  No!  Poison in my face?!  No thanks!  I'm good with being a wrinkly old gal when my time comes.
  • edited May 2019
    @nomangos23 Jaclyn Hill did a recent video that goes very in-depth on blending! Link in spoiler. She also has some good older videos on smokey eyes. She can be annoying, but I promise she knows her stuff!

ETA: the texture on my skin is more like tiny bumps not pores. I haven’t tried a brush but I will look into it!
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @nomadicprincess I just order it online. So far I've lucked out and picked the right colors. Maybe they offer free returns so you could still try it?
  • Ooooo, this should be fun!

I have weird combo skin that I finally stopped fighting with. I use Basin White's moisturizer and mostly leave it alone so i don't get breakouts. 

I used to have terrible facial acne but finally grew out of it. Still struggling with body acne on occasion though.

My hair is super straight and super fine and very blue. I pretty much stopped using shampoo when I went to funky colors full time. I wash with conditioner every few days and don't use any heat tools on it. My stylist is always surprised at how healthy my heavily processed hair is. Oh! And for maintaining funky colors: Overtone!

Nope, I don't even own a hair dryer anymore. 

Make up routine? 
    I usually stick to just my eyes and the tinted chapstick from Burt's Bees. I do shadow, liner (use eye shadow and a fine brush), mascara, and fill in my brows. 

Urban Decay eye shadow . They are one of the only brands that don't irritate my eyes after a few weeks. 

I was hardcore in LOVE with KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. Now I just can't support her brand anymore and am looking for a new brand with the same staying power. 

Not really. DH has allergies so I try to not do anything heavily scented anymore. I used to do Origins ginger body care stuff.

Cocoa Butter or shea butter do amazing things for my feet and legs and elbows. Oh, and I'm rubbing it into my belly like a genie's lamp hoping to ward off stretch marks (yeah, I'm vain about that).

I do Color Street on my nails regularly (full disclosure, I am *technically* a 'stylist' but I promise to only talk about it if directly asked, I refuse to be that person).

If I'm going to be in the sun I do SPF 50+ and wear a hat. Sun burns suck.

I have yet to get the hang of false lashes. I always poke myself or they don't stick. 

I had a massage/chiropractor person I saw weekly for a long time. Then we moved away. I miss her hardcore.

Not really? I've seen too many horror stories about it. But, as part of my agreeing to pregnancy, DH did promise me a breast lift when done with delivery/breastfeeding/etc. (Yup, I'm vain about some things).

Would anyone else consider (or are planning) cosmetic surgery? 
  • @cheshyre319 for liquid lips I think Color Pop and Kylie have better staying power and feel way better on the lips than KVD. Jeffree Star has great staying power but is a little hard to apply IMO 

I agree with the boob job. DH agreed to me getting one when I’m done making babies. 
  • This thread makes me feel like I should put more effort into my appearance, lol.  Facial moisturizer and 2-in-1 Shampoo/Conditioner FTW!!!
  • Love this thread! So many new products I am going to need to try.  Also, I'm really impressed with so many of your makeup routines.  I'm totally slacking in that department.  Sorry, DH.

What is your skin type and skin care routine?  Non-preg my skin is SO EASY. Never breaks out. Never wash my face (seriously, never, I know, shame me). While KU, my skin gets AWFUL. So awful. Dry, red, bumpy, breakouts constantly. So I've been trying to be better and have been washing in the mornings with some Neutrogena face wash and then slapping on some Philosophy face moisturizer.  It seems to be helping, but not 100%.  I am fairly sure when I was pregnant the first time, I started using Proactiv and it actually worked super well. But I'm not ready to commit again.

Any skincare struggles you're facing, or use to face but have corrected?  See above. My skin is the worst when I'm pregnant and I hate it.

What is your hair type and hair care routine? Colored? SUPER thick, fine hair, with a strange combo of wavy (frizzy) curls on the underneath/back and pin straight on top. Blonde/mousy brown, with lots of natural summer highlights, but I do color it.  I use Frederick Fekkai shampoo/conditioner and love it, but am in the market for a good detangler, if anyone knows of one.

Do you use styling tools? Have any techniques you recommend? I'm lucky if I have the energy to blow dry once a week. It takes a good 30+ min to blow dry.  Only straighten if I have something going on.  Usually the blowdry in the day and a night of sleep on it is enough to keep it pseudo straight (enough) to wear down.  Plenty often I just throw it in a pony/bun, though, and it stays up till the next wash.  I LOVE my T3 straightener (and HATE my Chi).

Make up routine?  Too Faced concealer on cheeks/lids/spot on chin/spot on forehead ... bronzer all over.  Eyeliner/mascara if I'm feeling especially fancy.

Favorite products (any category!) you can't live without? Literally no. I'm always on the hunt for good must-haves.

Any products that work okay but you're looking for a replacement for? Maybe someone here can make a recommendation! Detangler!! 

Do you have a signature scent? D&G Light Blue. Tho I am out, and sad about it.

Do you have any all-natural products you love? Nope. I used to wear all Bare Minerals makeup and now I start to break out after 10 mins with any of their products on, so I honestly don't even pay great attention to it. If it doesn't make my skin mad, I'm cool with it.

Do you have a TLC nail routine you love? I am a french tip gel manicure girl all day long. Haven't been keeping up with it lately (kids, man). But plan to get back into it when I'm on maternity leave. I have always done that, and will tuck baby in a front carrier while I'm at the salon.

Do you have a sun protection routine?  Just sunscreen. When my skin starts to feel warm, reapply. LOL.

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? None of the above. Though I do think I'd like to do microblading on my brows once baby is here. Can you do it while breastfeeding? 

Do you prefer to spend your $$ on regularly scheduled facials / massages? I don't, but I do love a massage when the opportunity arises. I do regular waxing though.

Curious about  / would you consider botox? I wouldn't, but I also don't think I will need it. My family has pretty good genes in that department. I may feel differently otherwise.

Anyone know of products that can minimize old/existing stretch marks? I've been blessed not to get a single one on my belly, but have discovered a handful of them on my upper thighs / under bum area.

• @nomangos23 😉

@RedBreast35 Sometimes I mix my shampoo and conditioner in the shower before I put it on. 😂
  • What is your skin type and skin care routine? I have fair, sensitive skin that is typically on the drier side.  I always take off my eye makeup at night.  Sometimes I wash, sometimes I'm too lazy.  If I wash, I use a witch hazel toner, face oil, and eye cream.  After showering I use a witch hazel toner, vitamin C serum, and sometimes a moisturizer.  I'll use a tinted moisturizer or light foundation occasionally.  

What is your hair type and hair care routine? Colored? Brown, frizzy in humidity, colored.

Do you use styling tools? Have any techniques you recommend? I have to dry my hair straight with a round brush otherwise it's a wavy, frizzy mess.

Make up routine? Eye shadow, line upper lid with shadow, mascara, and eyelash curler.  That's usually it.

Favorite products (any category!) you can't live without? Waterproof mascara and eyelash curler.  I think I've been using the same mascara (Loreal waterproof Voluminous Hydrofuge in blackest black) for at least 15 years.

Do you have a signature scent? Pretty much stopped using perfumes when I switched to more natural products.

Do you have any all-natural products you love? I use Beauty Counter for makeup (except mascara) and face products/body wash.  I buy it directly online and not through a representative.  I'm currently using Briogeo shampoo and conditioner.  I use Primally Pure lip balms and body oil.

Do you have a TLC nail routine you love? Nope

Do you have a sun protection routine?  My face moisturizer has SPF in it.  If I'm going to be outside, I use Coola SPF 50.  I have fair skin and burn easily, so I reapply all the time.

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? I have good eyelashes on their own (although with everyone using false lashes, they don't look so full).  I'd like to try lash lift, whihc gives them a permanent curl.  Never done micro-blading or a spray tan.

Do you prefer to spend your $$ on regularly scheduled facials / massages? Neither I guess.  I've never had a facial and have only had massages while on vacation in Bali where it was super cheap.  My husband got me a gift certificate to a local spa for Valentine's Day so I'll definitely be using that sometime in the third trimester.

Curious about  / would you consider botox? Yes in experienced hands.  I'm not ready to freeze my face just yet though.
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    Damn, you ladies are on point! I'm with @RedBreast35 and am pretty minimalist. 

I wash my hair with pantene, sometimes use a brush, othertimes I use my fingers. My hair is very straight and thin but I have a lot of it. I usually only blow dry my hair in the winter. If I don't then it will freeze when I step outside. Otherwise I like to let it air dry. I used to wash every other day and use dry shampoo in between but one day I forgot my dry shampoo and some guy at work thought my hair was wet from it raining outside... nope, just greasy AF. I've gone back to washing ever day now.
    I only put lotion on my face in the winter when it's super dry. If I don't then I get really flakey. No makeup, unless we're going to a special event. Even then I just use a base, blush, eye shadow and mascara. I take after my mom on this one. She looks super young and gets compliments all the time. People are always asking her what she uses on her face. She doesn't use anything!
    I don't paint my nails. 3 or so years ago my bird got super freaked out from my hot pink nails so I haven't painted them since.
    No perfume any more. Don't plan on doing botox ever. Embrace the wrinkles ladies!

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• themadcamelthemadcamel member
    edited May 2019
    @nomangos23 yep, full face pretty much every day unless I’m not planning on leaving the house much. I don’t always spend a lot of time on my eyes. My go-to eye look is a simple winged liner with a bit of smoke. If I'm going all out I'll use multiple shades and focus on the under eye and inner corner, but that's only if I'm going out at night or something like that. And yes, try primer! It helps smooth pores, fine lines, and/or wrinkles and makes a better surface to apply foundation so it lasts longer.
  • I can’t wait for PG so I can learn all about how to do make up like a grown up from @themadcamel
  • This is so interesting to read! Really minimal effort over here, though! I'm a shambles with this stuff. Shampoo and conditioner every day - recently trying to branch out from the tresemme moisture rich I've been using since late college and feel like I'm going to end up going back to it again since can't find anything I like better. I wash my face with dove soap, and use sunscreen (since DS I just use his baby sunscreen on myself - should probably try to find an adult product I like, lol). No makeup, not even for events, never paint my nails, and use bag balm for chapstick :D I doubt I'd do botox just because I'm not even sure I'll dye my hair when it goes grey (sometimes it seems like that will be any day now - the harsher the light the more I'm like, wow!), since it seems like too much maintenance for me. I've cut my own hair since I was fifteen and I'm still not great at it! I guess we'll see how I feel about things as I age.
  • rencontrezmoirencontrezmoi member
    edited May 2019
    What is your skin type and skin care routine? Fair, sensitive, dry, with areas of blotchy redness. Not too prone to breakouts. I recently started using my husband's face wash, and I love it! It's the Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser. Twice a week, I exfoliate with Tree Hut Polishing Facial Scrub. Then I use a pure Hyaluronic Acid serum and Cerave Ultra-light Moisturizing Lotion with spf 30. I burn easily, so spf is a must daily.

What is your hair type and hair care routine? Colored? My hair is pretty long and fine, so I'm a big fan of anything volumizing. I use John Freida Luxurious Volume shampoo/conditioner, or Batiste dry shampoo, and Big Sexy Hair styling products. I don't color my hair anymore - too much upkeep.

Do you use styling tools? Have any techniques you recommend? I'm not sure what brands my styling tools are, and I'm too lazy to get off the couch and check, lol. But all of my styling tools were purchased at TJ Maxx. Half the time, I just let my hair air dry and call it a day. If I style it, I blow dry and use a straightener. 

Make up routine? I LOVE makeup and own a ton of it, but my daily routine is fairly simple - it takes me 5 to 10 minutes max using these products:

L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier Anti-Redness BB Cream (I use a very light layer - it's green when it comes out of the tube but then color corrects and matches my skin tone as I rub it in. I do have to be careful not to rub too much or it makes me look orange)
    Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (I use two different shades; one that is lighter than my skin tone for my under eye circles, and one that matches my skin tone if I need to cover any blemishes/really stubborn red areas)
    Colourpop No Filter Loose Setting Powder in Translucent (to set my under eyes after concealer)
    Mac Painterly Paint Pot (I apply this all over my eyelids - it looks great all on it's own if I'm going for a natural look, or works great as a primer if I'm using eyeshadow)
    Too Faced Sweetie Pie Bronzer (this bronzer is like a 3 in 1 of bronzer, blush, and highlighter - I'm obsessed)
    Nyx Micro Brow Pencil
    Colourpop Brow Boss Gel
    L'oreal Lash Paradise Mascara
    Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick or Buxom Full-on Plumping Lip Polish or Smith's Rosebud Salve (I'm constantly switching up lip products, but always come back to these!)
    Mac Prep + Prime Fix+ (I love the dewy finish this stuff gives to my skin, and it smells so good)

Favorite products (any category!) you can't live without? Honestly, I equally love all of the ones listed above! It's taken a lot of trial and error over the years to finally find products that work well for me.

Any products that work okay but you're looking for a replacement for? Maybe someone here can make a recommendation! I've been looking to find a super quick and easy way to get beachy waves instead of always straightening my hair. I have a wand, but always burn myself. Does anyone have a styling tool or product they swear by to achieve beachy waves?

Do you have a signature scent? Does my Dove deodorant count?? LOL. 

Nope. I just keep them clipped short. I'm an RN, so long nails are a no-no in the hospital.

Do you have a sun protection routine?  My daily face moisturizer has 30 spf. In the summer, I also apply Coola face sunscreen with 50 spf.

False lash fan? Micro-bladed brows? Spray tan? Nope!

Do you prefer to spend your $$ on regularly scheduled facials / massages? I've wanted to try a facial for so long! But my skin is even more sensitive than normal when I'm pregnant, so I think I'll wait until after the baby comes. I get massages very infrequently - maybe twice a year. Would love to go more often.

Curious about  / would you consider botox? Curious about it, definitely. But not sure if I'd actually do it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 08/11/2012, DD#1 born 04/18/2013
    BFP 01/01/2015, EDD 09/07/2015, CP
    BFP 10/09/2015, EDD 06/01/2016, MC @ 7 weeks
    BFP 03/12/2016, DD#2 born 11/15/2016
    BFP 01/28/2019, EDD 09/29/2019