January 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/27-6/2

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/27-6/2

• MrsJessSMrsJessS member
    edited May 2019
    Y’all I found an amazing deal on a double BOB running stroller and I reallllly hope it’s still available in the morning. Kinda early to be commuting but it’s too good to pass up! 
    Plus the drive to go get it takes me past Papa Murphy’s 🙌

ETA: womp womp womp went back to check and it’s listed as pending now 😭
  • @MrsJessS - So was it already bought?

I got a good deal on a used Baby Ktan over the weekend. I didn't do much baby carrying with DD but I feel like I will a ton with the next one. I'm not a fan of the super structured baby carriers, but the wrap ones scare me, and I feel like a Baby Ktan is the best of both worlds.
  • Loading the player...
  • @marebear15 it was 😭 I’m so bummed because I missed out on an awesome deal on the stroller and pizza. Double downer. 
    I love our carrier but I got a great deal on a moby wrap and a friend showed me how to use it. Took it for a test drive with DS and I figure if I can carry a 32 lb toddler in it a baby should be easy 😂
  • @marebear15 I had a ktan with ds and it was perfect when he was little. I call it the wrap for dummies, it’s really so easy to use.
  • @marebear15 I've been thinking about this too! I'm leaning death star.
  • @Xstatic3333 - Love that idea! My first idea was basic guac, but I also saw a cute pumpkin one.
  • @marebear15 I hadn’t thought of that! I haven’t dressed up in years but now I’m excited to start looking for ideas! 😊
  • @marebear15 I loved the baby k'tan for when my daughter was younger. Once she got to be about 6 month I LOVED my Tula!!! https://babytula.com/collections/free-to-grow-baby-carriers Seriously, can't say enough good things about it. I've gone hiking, through airplanes, grocery stores, you name it. I wore her all the time. Only used our stroller twice before she was a year old. Now, I still carry her hiking with it on my back. DH also was able to use it and carry her, as it's very quickly and easily adjustable.
  • I am totally already planning Halloween as well! MH will most likely be gone by then so it’ll probably just be my toddler and me. So I want to come up with something fun for us to match. He’ll be just over 2 so this’ll be the first Halloween where he’s walking and stuff. I’ve thought about being a gumball machine 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    Or a snitch belly and have him be Harry Potter 😂
  • peppyj9peppyj9 member
    @MrsJessS oh, I love the idea of your belly being a snitch and your 2yr old being Harry!! So cute! 😍

Also, I discovered an app called "peanut" that lets you meet other moms in your area. I'm new to the area so I'm loving this "dating" app for moms! 
  • I didn't realize I would have a belly for Halloween. I usually don't dress up though and probably won't this year. 

@peppyj9 I've heard of that app but have never used it. I probably should. I don't have any SAHM friends and it gets pretty lonely. I have anxiety about meeting new people.
  • I’m trying my best not to think to far ahead with this pregnancy until I know it’s sticking around...but I can’t help it! I’m real excited to be able to dress a bump for Halloween. @MrsJessS the snitch is such a cute idea! Idk if I could talk my ds out of being a superhero though 😬
  • @kbrown2385 I feel the same way. This is a completely different season as my pregnancy with DS too (April baby) so I can't help but be excited to have a bump over the holidays. I  wonder if I could convince my DS to dress up as something fun together. He has also been a super hero pretty much every year lol. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @persnickity - I'm loving that it seems pretty easy to nurse in the Baby Ktan. Were you able to nurse in it? I tried my 20 month old in the Ktan and she loves it!

@MrsJessS - I saw a few Snitch bellies on Pinterest. That would be such a cute idea!

@peppyj9 - I tried Peanut for awhile and never really made any connections. Of course I was probably a little too picky and also not trying very hard. 
  • @marebear15 - ummm I just realized this too yesterday and I'm so pumped!! I'm definitely gonna be Danyeres And paint a lil dragon on my belly!!!
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @marebear15 I didn't nurse in the k'tan, but did with the Tula. It was really easy! I didn't use the k'tan for very long, and never needed to nurse in it. I was also just learning to nurse and felt like I needed more support/visibility. I would have likely taken her out.
  • Just noticed Feb board is up! We’re not new anymore haha 
  • @c1kc1kpol1cn1k

BGs are on it this month.
  • Y’all I am already out of patience. Between hormones, nausea, my toddler’s attitude, and MH being at work for freaking ever I am just done. I need a vacation 
  • edited June 2019

I’m an extraordinarily anxious person so I’ve chosen this as my mantra for the journey. I’m worried about so many things but that worrying will serve no one. Does anyone else feel like they’re more anxious than excited? Is that normal? Is it a first time thing?
  • I’m going to change this to go through the weekend if that is ok. Having weekly and then weekend randoms is a little excessive I think. We can change each Monday if that works for everyone.
  • @kbrown2385 that sounds like a good plan 

@daydreaminghufflepuff I was worried about a lot of things the first time. Would I be a good mom, would the baby be okay, how was this going to change things, etc. I met with my therapist regularly and was able to develop some great tools to help me cope with the anxiety. If you don't have a therapist, you might consider finding one. 

I wasn't over the top excited, just very happy/content, until I found out the sex. At that point, it became more "real" and I became more excited. There's no right or wrong feeling on this.
  • @daydreaminghufflepuff I felt that way the first time too. Since then, like @persnickety, I’ve gotten a regular therapist and I’m feeling much more calm this time. Not that I don’t worry anymore, but I have better tools for coping and managing. Pregnancy is mentally very tough. 

I just ordered some maternity pants and shorts and I’m going to wear them as soon as they arrive. I don’t care if it seems early. I’m sick of being uncomfortable and though I know it’s just bloat, weight I never lost, and stretching, I’ve got a really prominent bump that could fit right in on a 20 week HDBD post. Ship quickly, motherhood maternity!
  • @persnickity @Xstatic3333Thank you both. I’m glad what I’m feeling is pretty normal. I hadn’t considered speaking to a therapist (it would probably be beneficial to me to have had one before this point). Perhaps I will feel more “into it” once I’ve had my first meeting with my OB team. 
  • @spacemountaineer I’m game! Still trying to figure out how to tell my gramma. I was really looking forward to telling her in person when we went home for vacation. But they changed MHs vacation time to early August. So now I have to tell her over the phone 😔

We went to SeaWorld yesterday and it was so fun but I am also absolutely worn out. We are supposed to go pick up a dresser today and I’m really glad I can’t lift things anyways. Because my arms are too tired lol
  • Carter's has its Halloween outfits on it's website already. 😬 Anyone else think it's too soon? While I am not opposed to looking at Halloween costume ideas, stores actually selling Halloween stuff feels just a bit too early. Let me enjoy my summer first.