August 2019 Moms

weekly bitchfest

Re: weekly bitchfest

• aukeevaukeev member
    @MamaK225 We went to her regular vet appointment recently and she's been given a clean bill of health - our vet said it's probably just part of aging as she gets closer to the end :/ She's been in great health, minus some skin issues a few years ago, but we got those under control. [TMI warning] If her stool starts to look abnormal or anything though, we are supposed to bring her back. Since it's all solid and "normal" looking in terms of consistency and color, and she doesn't seem to be in any discomfort or displaying other symptoms, we're just waiting it out right now.

I'm definitely going to look into that cleaner, though! We haven't found one we've been thrilled with yet, though I suppose it's not easy to be "thrilled" by anything while cleaning up poop  :D
  • Thanks @sourlemon, that's kind of what I was expecting: colostrum in the mid-30s and possibly milk by the time I deliver. The skin on my areolas were flaking the other week (this happened around 38 or so with DD1, it was really colostrum that had dried), but has stopped. My boobs grew almost immediately in Tri 1, but there hasn't been anything going on there lately, so I'm just kinda in production purgatory right now. LOL.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited May 2019
    @oklahomak - Agreed, if the consistency/color/smell seem normal, I wouldn't be concerned (esp with your recent check-up). I didn't mean to alarm, I promise. I just remember those days and wish I had known what I know now. I love the cleaner because you can saturate the heck out of carpets/furniture/clothing and it doesn't cause any discoloration, plus you can buy it in bulk and it dries with a really neutral smell. When wet, it smells very citrus-y (mostly lime), so it's tolerable even when your sense of smell is heightened.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• aukeevaukeev member
    @MamaK225 Oh no, I totally understand! And I appreciate proactive pet owners :) 
  • @mamak225 my first successful pregnancy I started leaking around 30 weeks. This time I was still nursing ds so it just went from milk to colostrum. He fully weaned 2 weeks ago and I haven't leaked yet.  I can express colostrum by hand,  but it doesn't leak out like the first pregnancy. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• From what everyone is saying, I may go ahead and purchase either a Haakaa or some Milkies, just in case. Does anyone have any experience with either?
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225 i have a haaka and liked it. It takes a little coordination to attach if your nursing at the same time (though I typically nurse cross cradle, and football might be easier) Its easy to clean. The only con is the lid does not attach tightly so it can and will spill if tipped over.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Good to know @wabash15 - thank you! I was thinking of some small things to wear until the baby comes, and then getting the Haakaa post-birth.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @oklahomak Yikes, that tornado situation sounds scary! Glad you and your family are safe, but sorry to hear about the stuff you're dealing with in the aftermath. Also glad to hear that your dog has a clean bill of health otherwise, but that really sucks about the fecal incontinence. :(

@MamaK225 CES literally made me LOL. Hopefully everything is going well so far (with regular meals!).

@mkrel Going back to work after vacation is the worst. Hopefully the new manager with micromanaging tendencies is just... settling in? Maybe getting a handle on how you guys do things before letting you do your thing?

@agpandme Sorry to hear that your varicose veins are causing you stress and anxiety! I hope those compression socks really help and can give you a little more peace of mind.

@chillycanadian Glad to hear your appointment went well after that scare! The sex ban sucks though. Here's hoping it's smooth sailing for you and little one from here on out!

My BF for today: my laptop, which is going on six years old, hard crashed earlier this week and wouldn't boot. After messing around with it for a while and trying different repairs, I finally had to do a factory reset. It boots now, which is great (I was scared I was going to have to buy a new laptop, which was definitely NOT in the budget), but now I have to get all the needed updates. I'll be doing that for approximately the next thousand years. Thankfully I can still work from my desktop, but ugh, what a PITA.

• @MamaK225 Yep! Bad leaking and it's my first- I heard it's worst with the second, so I was surprised to have started so early.
  • aukeevaukeev member
    @lovelikestardust Ughh, computer issues are so frustrating! Hopefully you can at least get some more life out of it now though!
  • @chillycanadian I'm late to this, but i'm so glad to hear that all was well at your appt. Hoping this was a one time scare. 

@wabash15 @sourlemon ugh, I'm getting my Tdap tomorrow, didn't realize it would be sore for that long! maybe going to the gym and working that arm will help. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• My gums around one tooth are killing me. I brushed really well, flossed the crap out of it, and used the water pic but nothing is helping. Its so bad I can't eat on that side and the other side is starting to get sore. The worst part, I can't use any kind of orajel because my heart condition. 😭😭😭
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @oklahomak I'm so sorry about your doggie issues but 15 is a grand age for any large dog. She may very well be on her way out.  We recently had to make the decision to let my dog go. I had had him since I was 16 years old and he was almost 17 when that day came.  Losing his bowels was one of the first signs. We did diapers and puppy pads but you are right, bathing was necessary. I used baby wipes and just cared for him until he said it was time.  I would definitely suggest a vet visit as well as a sanitary trim for her and to help you keep her clean.  A good groomer will know what to do if you explain the situation. 
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    Good evening ladies.
    OB sent me to hematology, hematologist said all my irons, potassium and b12 are really low so I’m going in for weekly IVs now.  While I was there Dr called to tell me my glucose test was abnormal so I have to go in for the 3 hour. I didn’t have GD with my second but I did a little with my first. Its so frustrating it’s the end of the school year I have so much going on between annoying MIL, my PITA mother, sick father, work, DS2 birthday and we are going to Florida end of June. I just want to feel better! 
  • @mia8263 Hopefully now that they’ve identified all that you CAN start feeling better. 
  • @mia8263 I'm sorry to hear about the results. I'm glad they found it though! As @thirdtimesacharm2019 said, I bet once they get your levels normalized, you'll start feeling significantly better! Being anemic alone can really make you feel exhausted! I hope treatment provided relief quickly!
  • @Avrilmai I hope its not as bad for you, but even with an active job and lots of using my arms its still awful. (that being said its always bad for me with this vaccine)
    @sourlemon can you use clove oil? I don't love the taste but it sure works.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• We have some tight deadlines at work and my manager has totally lost her composure. Everything is happening to her. Her employees are not performing well and she constantly bad mouths them to me. 2 of them created poor quality reports and instead of making them re-due them in time for this deadline, she re-did them and had me help. I was stuck in a chair with no lunch for 6 hours straight each day. I almost walked out.

It made me realize I made the right decision to leave my job when the baby comes. My manager constantly talks and complains about her employees behind their back. She complains about them leaving for appointments which include appointments for their kids. She compares herself to them, "I worked late, they can too", etc....she forgets that she is a director level making 6 figures a year where we are all underpaid, non managers. She has more responsibility then us because she is paid for it! On top of that, she has me do some of HER work. Anyways, I just can't sit in her office anymore and have her bad mouth everyone and always play the victim. It isn't a healthy relationship. She is too self-focused and extremely unprofessional.
  • @wabash15 Ill have to look into clove oil. I've never heard of it! Thanks!!!

The pain is a little better today. Still no way I can eat on that side (even a PB sandwich was too painful this morning) but it isnt throbbing like it was last night. I had popcorn over the weekend and felt a painful bite, so it probably was from that. Nothing was stuck but DH said he could see a large cut on my gum last night near my tooth. Not sure why it took a few days to start hurting, but hopefully the improvement today is a good sign!

• Everyone: prepare to roll your eyes.

I think I'm officially at the point where I need to start considering daily belly support :# To you ladies who have been dealing with RLP or are carrying multiples, you're the real heroes. I'm over here being a wimp and mad that I have to start figuring out how to work this kinesiology tape I've bought. OK. I'll go back to finishing First Lunch so I can try and get a little something in before I gotta make an hour roundtrip + get me and Toddler ready for pics this afternoon on the surface of the sun.
    **History in Spoiler**

• agpandmeagpandme member
    edited May 2019
    @MamaK225 Good luck with the K tape! I am a big fan of it. I suffer from knee pain that occurs ONLY when I ride my horse but a little K tape makes it disappear.  Its amazing how a little thing can make such a significant difference. 

What determines if you need support or not? My sister gave me a band if I need it. 
  • cato99cato99 member
    I have an inconsequential petty little bitchy complaint that I can't really do anything about so I'm just going to vent about it here. My brother in law is a free-spirit-hiker-wanderer and lives with us off and on and he's unexpectedly staying with us all summer. He's wonderful and helpful and marvelous BUT his morning routine is a total assault on my pregnancy nose smell sensitivity. He wears this punishingly intense peppermint? spearmint? eucalyptus? hippie essential oil as part of his morning shower/grooming routine, and every morning he makes a fried egg sandwich with a lot of black pepper before heading into work, and those two smells alone but ESPECIALLY in combination make me want to die. It lingers in the whole downstairs for HOURS after he leaves (I work from home so I'm stuck here, and ventilating the house works somewhat but it's EVERYWHERE). 

I never said anything earlier in the pregnancy because the times he was in and out of the house were shorter stints of staying with us so I knew it was temporary and I could grit my teeth and deal with it, but now he'll be here longer term, I think at least for the entire duration of this pregnancy. Plus those things are fundamentally unobjectionable and wholesome: showering and moisturizing and smelling nice and making prudent little whole wheat sandwiches to take to work are good healthy habits! So I feel like saying something would be so hurtful to his daily routine existence and could make him feel unwelcome. Last night I gently asked him to hold off on putting the black pepper on the eggs until after they're done cooking, to see if maybe eliminating the strong cooking-black-pepper smell will help, but I know it's only going to put a dent into the situation.
  • @MamaK225 How do you “work” the tape? Are there you tube videos? Even my lighter brace makes me extra hot these days, but I need the support. 
  • @mamamias - OMG, HUGS. This is like the my worst nightmare. So sorry you're dealing with all of that. Just ... hugs.

@agpandme - My thought is just if it's noticeable pains (like shooting pains or it feels like your belly's gonna fall out of your body, etc), it just means you need more support. I have been getting by with these fabulous undies that offer a decent level of support (and will be wonderful for healing, post RCS) ... but I think I'm just at that point where I need to use something *meant* to be supportive v. something that happens to provide some.

BTW these are the underwear I was talking about (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B076DV59NP/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_q0a8Cb0QTCR3Z) ... HIGHLY recommend for post-partum and especially during pregnancy. Works best with normal-fitting clothing like dresses, jeans, or thicker materials (not bodycon styles or thin materials). Would definitely size up one or two from your normal size and it can simply lay under your belly or on the bottom part of your belly (for that support!). Example: I normally wear a size 10 or 12 (depending on cut, I've got 44" hips) and I wear 2XL and they fit perfectly: whether pregnant or not. They are by-far the best full-coverage panties I've found in both comfort, smoothing, and overall durability.
    **History in Spoiler**

• @mamamias that is a very justified BF... I would have been pissed
    @agpandme it really is based on your level of pain/discomfort (particularly lower back) but there are a lot of levels of support... there are small stretchy bands to full on braces
    @cato99 I think I'd have to say something... I would liberaly blame it on the pregnancy/hormones/unusual sensitivity to smells... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• MamaK225MamaK225 member
    edited May 2019
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 - I've found a few websites, but the one I'll probably go with looks like a little hammock with some side support (pic below from one of the sites, not me):
    IMG_1018

Source (the best one I've found - with 7 different configurations): https://diaryofafitmommy.com/kinesio-taping-during-pregnancy-techniques-for-the-pregnant-belly/

A pretty information YouTube video with a Chiro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBfpCGpzQP8

**History in Spoiler**

• @mamak225 I’ll check these out! Thanks!!! Hopefully I don’t have to be “fit” like her for it to work 😂😂
  • edited May 2019
    @sourlemon Oof that sound awful. I'm glad it's a little better today, and hopefully it will just go away on its own and isn't anything that would require any kind of dentist intervention. You scared me for a second there, the pain you described sounded just like the pain I had a couple years ago that ended up requiring a root canal, which was not fun and I imagine would not be helped by being pregnant. Crossing my fingers for continued reduction in pain!

@MamaK225 Good luck with the k tape, I hope it helps! I've never used it myself, but have friends who do for various reasons and swear by it, so I may look into it myself when the time comes. Let us know how it goes!

@mamamias I would be so upset if that happened to me. Hope your hubby is okay, but ugh. What a pain.

@cato99 That sounds awful. I would definitely bring it up even though there's nothing inherently wrong with those things. Could you just explain that those things wouldn't normally bother you, but pregnancy is making them intolerable? It's not like you're being dramatic or bitchy about it, it's just something that is not okay while you're pregnant. If he's as helpful and wonderful as you say, I would expect him to be accommodating -- it's really not that hard to use a different personal scent (or maybe only apply it once he's out of the house?), or make something different for breakfast.
  • @lovelikestardust I was afraid of a root canal too...until DH said he spotted the cut. Then I traced back in my mind when it could have happened and started feeling better lol.

• @naturelove35 What an awful manager. I had a superior at my previous job who encouraged gossiping between employees, would bad mouth other managers to me (I was a manager as well, so she was speaking about my immediate co-workers), etc. It made me wonder what she was saying about me to them behind my back. All over a very unhealthy work environment. I'm so glad I left to a more professional office space, and glad you're sticking with your decision to leave!
  • Oh man, I wish I would have discovered this weekly thread a long time ago. Looooove it.

I don't really have anything except - my younger step brother is graduating from high school today. He's really excited and surprisingly got me a ticket to go (I'm much older than him, have never lived with him, and frankly barely know him). I'm honored he wants me to be there but there's a whiny part of me that is really not looking forward to sitting through a boring grad ceremony. I feel like a horrible person lol!

@oklahomak omg! I'm sorry you had to deal with that with company over. I'm glad they were able to temporarily fix your power but that totally sucks they have to bust up your concrete slab. Will insurance be covering the damage and repairs?! I agree with others, it might be a good idea to take your doggo to the vet with the new lack of bowel control. They might be able to trim up her fur so she can wear a diaper without needing a daily bath. It's never easy when our fur babies start nearing the end :(

@MamaK225 good luck with your mom and CES!! I've noticed that too - why don't older people eat more?! Luckily my parents are still pretty young so I don't have those issues with them (yet), but it always happens when I eat with my grandparents.

@mkrel fingers crossed the new managers end up working out. They may just be getting to know their new jobs and feel the need to be micromanager-y until they fully understand what everyone's role is?

@agpandme ugh varicose veins are no fun. I'm sorry they hurt :(. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! :)

@flagchic I haven't had leaking nipples yet and this is my first. I have noticed some white flakyness but that's it. Let us know if the bras work! I'm concerned with how I'll deal with it because like you, I get super hot at night and have been sleeping topless too.

@chillycanadian I'm glad the baby is doing okay despite the scare!

@lovelikestardust ugh yeah, that is a PITA! I'm glad that at least you were able to get it up and going again though. My laptop is getting old too but I can't bring myself to get a new one (I'd rather complain to my husband about how slow it is etc and drive him crazy lol). And right at the end of typing out all these replies my computer decided to randomly close Google Chrome. So thankful the Bump saved a draft of all my replies!  :|

@cato99 I agree with others, blame it profusely on pregnancy/hormones heightening your sense of smell. I'm sure he'll understand! Maybe he can batch cook breakfast one day a week and bring it with him on the go to warm up at work? That way you only have to smell the food once a week versus every day? And I like the idea of  putting the smelly essential oils on outside! Let us know how your convo goes!

• emqbeeemqbee member
    @flagchic speaking of your job, things were a little tense recently after telling them of the pregnancy right? How are things going on that front?
  • @mamamias yikes! I'm sorry your husband got hurt and destroyed your room And table! I'm glad he's ok!

I'm disappointed that I went for a massage today, and it kinda sucked. I had one 3 weeks ago and it was SO amazing, that I decided to treat myself and go for another. Went somewhere different though. much closer to home. And about $20 cheaper. But I left with a headache (which I didn't have prior to the treatment), and still had ALL  of my aches and pains. What a waste of $80 :(

• @thirdtimesacharm2019 - I'm NOWHERE near that in-shape, unless you mean Circle ... that's a shape ;) 

You beat me to it, @emqbee. I was wondering how @flagchic's workplace was progressing after the hissy fits they had thrown. Hoping it's much better! :)

Things are looking pretty good for my not-so-looking-forward-to-the-beach-week coming up, but I'm trying to be a bit more positive. But even then I'm being cautious about it because I don't want my expectations dashed. But I'm still trying to get pumped up because - at least - it IS a week away from work, which is ALL I've wanted for basically all of 2019. So I guess I'll just bitch about ... near-3 y.o. NOBODY gets to be as erratic and crazy in my house during my pregnancy but me - you're on notice, Toddler! :D 
    **History in Spoiler**

• I have Hashimotos so I need to go get my thyroid levels checked every 6-8 weeks while pregnant. Usually when I go I put a reminder on my work calendar for 6 weeks from that date, that I need to go for the next one. Apparently, last time I forgot. This week I was like, it's been a while I wonder when that reminder is going to show up, realized that I hit 8 weeks last week, and since we're going away this week I need to do it ASAP. I usually try and go first thing in the morning, but because life is complicated I didn't make it until 10:45. The lab is connected to my doctors office, so I don't need to bring orders. After waiting an hour(!) they come out to ask which doctor in the practice I see because they cannot find the order for bloodwork! Luckily the doctor was available and they were able to get it into the system in 5 minutes, and then the draw only took 2 minutes. But so annoying.
  • emqbeeemqbee member
    @flagchic I’m SO happy to hear that!! You definitely didn’t need the extra stress. 

So im going to bitch about my job for a moment. Tomorrow marks my 1 year anniversary with the office. It’s been a good year. I have done a great job and I’m told frequently that I’m an asset, best person in that position they’ve ever had, blah blah blah. So my boss told me a couple days ago we’d do a review, no big, I know I’ve performed well. He approached me today and said we’d set aside some time next week just to touch base and see how things are going. In other words, he hasn’t forgotten the mention of the review. Ok great! THEN, he proceeds to say, “We started you maxed out financially so...” 
    First, I don’t make that much by anyone’s standards. Second, you’ve done nothing but praise my performance for the last year and tell me how good it has been for you/company to have me there. That I have removed so much stress from the office, etc. And then before we even sit down for a ‘review’ you’re going to go ahead and bring up financials?! And that I’m not getting a raise? Let’s not mention that I get 0 benefits. No health insurance, no paid maternity leave, and so far no 401k. 
    Oh and he’s said he never wants to have to hire another office manager again, he wants me to stay forever. But you maxed out what you can offer on day one. Yeah, I’m motivated to be there long term. 
  • @emqbee - GIRL, I'd stab someone. I hate you're in that position, it made me rage-y just reading that. Hopefully, there's enough time for them to turn around and "find" some money for this asset they keep praising.
    **History in Spoiler**