September 2019 Moms

Baby Clothes!!

Re: Baby Clothes!!

• Loading the player...
  • @duewithpu2 OMG those adorable little outfits are KILLING. ME. Sooo freaking cute. 

I have only bought one outfit because we are going to be given a ton of hand me downs from friends. I am actually going "shopping" at a friends house on Sunday to go through all her stuff. She's one and done so she has a lot of awesome stuff to part with. Once I have everything from friends, I will assess what we still need and go from there. Probably cold weather stuff and maybe a few fun things. I shant need a bow though. It's gonna rain bows from my friends. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @duewithpu2 those bloomers!!!! I kept all DS's baby clothes and recently went through the 0-3 months bag - there's so much there I can't justify buying anything else but I want to!
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @duewith2 ah I love all of the clothes you've picked out!! Are they from Jamie Kay by chance?? I bought a super cute sweater and leggings from her, but I'm hoping to find some cheaper options of a similar style. 

• @kgg2241yes! Most are Jamie Kay and some are For the Littles Apparel. I agree with needing to find cheaper options! 
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @duewithpu2 I'm sure I'll cave and order more. :) I'll let you know if I find other options though!

• @kgg2241 I just found this store that seems to have the same style as Jamie Kay with better prices! 

https://www.littleoneshop.com/

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @duewithpu2 nice! Yeah they do look similar. Thanks! 
  • @cmdesigner Your mention of coming home outfit brought up an issue for me. I can't decide if I want her to come home in the same outfit as her sister or if I want to get a new outfit, that way all the kids can have their coming home outfits to put their future kids in? Which is the same for the christening outfit too.  
  • When it comes to the coming home outfit, should I have a second outfit in 0-3 months just in case (lord help me) the baby doesn’t fit in newborn clothing? Am I way overthinking this?
  • @monkeysmom80 I vote for same outfit!!!! I fully plan on having this LO (DD) come home in the same outfit that DS did! It will be so cute to have all LOs welcomed home in the same outfit as their biggest sibling.

@cammie0526 Nope not overthinking it, bring a NB and 0-3mo.  You might have a gargantuan baby (like @nomangos23 is destined to have 😜)
  • @cammie0526 my DD was 9lbs and she fit in newborn clothes for about 3 weeks so I think you should be safe
  • @cammie0526 it’s hard to know! My first was 8lb 8oz and 22in and was too long for her NB planned coming home outfit. Next time, I was prepared with a NB and a 0-3. She came out 5 lb 5 oz and hubby had to buy her the one and only preemie pajama they had in the gift shop. 🤣
  • I stopped at the Old Navy outlet today and they had so many things on clearance all for like $1.97! 
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @duewithpu2 Just in case you didn't see, Jamie Kay has 30% off today. I'm gonna grab some stuff!

• @zuuls_mom the one with bunnies 🥰
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @lillywonderland ahh I think I need all those things too. Especially the unicorn sweater 😍.

• Broken record coming out again: GAP IS MY FAVORITE for maternity and for baby  <3
  • @kgg2241 Lady, you have been tagging the wrong people yesterday and today. I hate to say it, but pregnancy brain much?!? 🤣

(FTR, I still❤️ you!)
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @lillywonderland HAHA that is too much. I literally don't know what is going on with my mind. I think I'm confusing avatars. 
  • @zuuls_mom Does it make me a bad mommy that I went onto the Gap site, added some super cute sweaters, tops, pants to my cart, saw the total, and bailed? Like I expect baby clothes to be free or something? Maybe once he's here and I need to clothe him I'll be willing to pay $$ for things? What's wrong with me?
  • @nomangos23 not even a little bit! Even when they are cheap, baby clothes are still expensive to me lol. I only ever buy things from Gap when they are on sale. Normally I buy Carter's (again, on sale) and Cat & Jack brand at Target. Even full price, I can get shorts for DS there for $5. But I do like to shop the sales of the nicer stores to score some good quality stuff! I've gotten him $35 pants for $5-7 during their really big sales. Gap usually has an amazing one in July. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @nomangos23 Nope! I’ve done that on just about every site there is haha. 
  • @nomangos23 no, never pay full price for baby clothes, no matter how cute!!  That will be the outfit he inevitably blows out in every time he wears it  :D
  • septoctkidsseptoctkids member
    edited June 2019
    @zuuls_mom love everything you ordered!! Gotta love a good sale. 
  • @duewithpu2

happy friends GIF

Also, you need to buy that IMMEDIATELY. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @duewithpu2 stop trying to talk yourself out of it immediately! Buy it!!!!
  • @duewithpu2
    So Basic. And that is a need. You should acquire it immediately. 
  • @duewithpu2 I’m trying really hard to imagine what baby would look like in that outfit and I’m drawing a massive blank. 😂 Is that like a sleeping bag? Kinda? 
  • @lillywonderland 😂😂😂 I think it is a swaddle. Although I could be totally wrong. 
  • @kgg2241 Nah, man. Swaddles are like blankets. That’s like a legit little sleeping bag!! 
  • This is kind of random but related to baby clothes so roll with me. My 9yo god daughter's mother texted me to inform me that she would be bringing over GDs baby clothes. She was born in mid-April and was a tiny nugget so most of her baby clothes are summer focused.

I told my friend that I was honored but I didn't know how to tell her I didn't need/want them. She is kind of a hoarder and her house kind of weirds me out with how little she cares about things. I don't want the clothes because I can't imagine what nearly decade old clothes look like from her house but I didn't want to hurt her feelings because she made it clear that this was a very hard decision for her to make. I gently mentioned that they were born in very different seasons (we live in NY) and so I don't know how much of her clothes we will be able to use.

Also, I'm getting clothes from my niece who is 2yo (her mom is very clean and organized and she said she had a ton of clothes in 0-3 and 3-6 for the fall and winter that she never wore and still has tags on them.)

I appreciate people wanting to give me stuff but like...am I being a snob for thinking that almost 10 year old baby clothes is a bit weird and gross?
  • @lillywonderland lol shows what I know. 

@cmdesigner I would feel the exact same way. I don't think your feelings are weird. I would take them and save a few outfits that work, then donate the rest.