August 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/28

Sorry! I just realized it's Tuesday and I post this on Mondays.

Me 32 <3 H 33
TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/28

• jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @AKuzReve Wait, you take your dog to work?  Or am I reading that wrong?  Hopefully your drier is a quick (&cheap) fix. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I finished all of my sewing projects over the course of the last 12 days then packed up all my sewing stuff. It is now in the garage for who knows how long (no spare room anymore) and it was a little sad. But now, nesting can begin in earnest! I did so much work on the baby's room Sunday/Monday. I'm sure I'll reorganize a few times before I find what I like best but it feels good to be making progress.

Also, DD2 had quite a weekend. Cracked her head on the tile fireplace step at my moms (no blood, just a huge lump that bruised immediately) then yesterday slipped and introduced her face into a doorway. Luckily no teeth were affected but she hit from right under her eye all the way down her chin, including busting open both her lips. So much blood. She got a few Popsicles and seemed to be fine, but my gosh her top lip is ugly. We probably should have taken her in for stitches even though it stopped bleeding...theres about a quarter inch of inside flesh that seems to be bulging through the cut, but it was too hard to see what was up while it was swollen. By the time the swelling went down, it would have been too late for the doctor to do anything. It doesnt seem to be impacting her eating or anything, so hopefully itll heal up fine.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @sourlemon lips heal pretty well and they don't usually suture them. Its amazing how stuff on the head bleeds... but that also means that they heal well because of good blood flow. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 thats good to know we werent too neglectful lol. The only experience I have with big lip injuries was when my top teeth went through my bottom lip and I got stitches, but it was a lot worse than this one. My teeth exited out below the lip, on the normal face skin part. So I had stitches inside and outside, but they werent on the true lip.

The hard part is trying to teach this kid to quit running in the house. She wants to follow her big sister around, and runs to keep up. Then falls and gets hurt. Rinse, ice-pack, and repeat.

• Planned a trip to the City for DH's birthday this weekend but ended up changing plans at the last minute cuz it was crazy crowded everywhere. DS wasn't a happy camper but the whole weekend wasn't a bummer, TG. Also, does anyone feel like today's Monday? I have to keep reminding myself that it's a four-day work week and be happy about that. 
  • @mamamias Yes, definitely Monday vibes here. We also just got back from a week long vacation so most of my day has consisted of just going through emails. 

Random, not quite a deal enough to be in the deal thread, but I was looking on my Amex rewards and the points for a Buy Buy Baby gift card are especially generous. For example if I shop with my about 23k AmEx points on Amazon that gets me about $165 of buying power, but if I wait a bit to get up to 25k points I can get a $250 Buy Buy Baby gift card. So if you have an AmEx and a decent number of points could be a good way to get some baby items. I also understand Buy Buy Baby honors those never-expiring Bed Bath and Beyond 20% coupons. 
  • @sourlemon sorry she had a rough weekend! Hopefully she heals quickly! DS has huge front teeth and an overbite so pretty much every time he falls he busts up his top lip and gums. We joke about how much that kid's mouth bleeds...and he is my cautious one. DD fell off of our bed when she was 4 or 5 and bashed her head on the corner of the night stand, we probably should have taken her to have her head stapled but didnt and she is fine. Between hair and blood it was hard to tell how bad it was until later. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @sourlemon DD1 bit through her lip on her second birthday. Within a week you couldn't tell anything happened. and as for your daughter, hey she's a tough cookie, thats the way I like my kiddos!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• I am tired today.  My 2yo was up from 3-5 for the first time in a long time.  She couldn't be consoled for so long, so we caved and let her watch the Grinch on Netflix.  That worked and eventually she dozed back off to sleep.  But I had a dream that I called into work so we could both catch up on the sleep she lost and when I woke up I REALLY wanted to call into work.  But.. I'm... here. 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• I can't seem to get my sugar levels where they want with the gestational diabetes most of the time.
  • I went to an all girls high school and college, and never spent a lot of time in mixed settings, so my sense of when guys are flirting with me, or doing something because I'm a girl is really off.
    I turned my computer on this morning and it froze. Wouldn't let me do anything, even the clock wasn't progressing frozen. My firm is a large national firm with offices all over the US, and they just implemented a national help desk that they are really proud of, they still have a handful of IT people at each office for when something needs to be seen in person, but if anything is wrong with our computer we must call the help desk first or open a ticket online. I figured since I couldn't do anything to the computer myself it wouldn't help to call the help desk, so I just took it over. There was only one guy in, and he's a new guy I don't know. He took my laptop and started working on it. As he was working on it, another guy came over that his screen had cracked, and his laptop was unusable. The IT guy told him that he couldn't do anything without a ticket, and he would have to call the help desk to start the process, only then could he look at it.
    So after the IT guy fixed my laptop I asked him if he needed my name so he could open a ticket and he said I was good.
    I'm trying to figure out what was up, was he being nice because I'm female, or am I reading to much into it? I wear a wedding ring, and I'm obviously pregnant, also he made no small talk while he was fixing my computer...
  • @mrosek91 I don't know what his body language or anything like that was,  but I'd assume he didn't need to open a ticket bc he already fixed it and he knew you couldn't open a ticket with the state of your computer? I don't know the policies or the full interaction though,  so I'd just go on if anything else felt weird other than not opening a ticket for you. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @BigBadWolf12 normally I would think the same, but in the past I've been asked after someone fixes something for me, "can you please open a ticket, so we have it for our stats?"
    I wouldn't have thought there was anything weird about it, except this guy came with almost the exact same problem, and was treated so differently. I'm not complaining, it's just weird...
  • @mrosek91 I also wonder if because his screen was cracked if it needed a ticket due to actual physical damage.  Maybe taking pity on the pregnant lady also got you an in but I wouldn't think he was flirting with you, necessarily. 

Me 32 <3 H 33

• @denma2015 woot! Congrats! That's excellent news!! 
    BCWW! 😉
  • GTT test was this AM.  I got there at 8 and I have never seen this place so busy! So many cranky old people so I didn't want to be that annoying lady. It was an hour before I got my first draw. They said it would take 20 minutes for the test to come back to see if I can tolerate it.  30 minutes later they called me.  This is 1.5 hours since I first arrived.  Yikes! I was there for a while. About 30-40 minutes into the first hour after the drink I started feeling really ill.  Dizzy, weak, sweaty.  It got worse when I went into get my draw. I generally feel like that when I get my blood drawn so it was twice as bad. She said it was fairly normal and that I should drink some water and take a short walk outside. I did that and felt a lot better.  Then I sat down, put my head against the wall and fell into a really awful nap cycle.  Woke up 10 minutes before the last draw, slammed a banana and chugged a protein drink in my truck before I drove home.  I'm so glad that is over and I really hope I pass! 
  • cato99cato99 member
    @Beauxbaton I took myself out for a solo very fancy lunch after my glucose test, since I had made childcare arrangements. I was ravenous and it was so satisfying! Can you interweave pampering like that into your day of kids-free testing? Really nice lunch, splurge on a new book or magazine to read throughout the day while you’re waiting on blood draws or appointments, generally enjoy the solo time, etc? 
  • @cato99 I'll probably go to one of my favorite places that's near the hospital/doctor's office. Then probably nap afterwards lol
  • @MamaK225, good luck!!! 

I cannot believe it’s almost June. Where has the year gone?! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @BigBadWolf12 I think it’s all about perspective. After one completely unpaid maternity leave and another with one week out of six paid I’m super excited that I had the opportunity to save enough sick time to cover my whole six weeks at 100% paid (hopefully I don’t have to go out more than a week before he’s born).

Six weeks is medically required here for c-section, and honestly, I’ll be ready to go back after that. I feel bad for the women without access to paid leave and those who have the leave, but are pressured not to use it/ take the max time allowed by law. Our society is so far behind with how we treat employees, especially mothers. 
  • Oh wow @thirdtimesacharm2019, we're governed by Federal guidelines and c-sections get a minimum of 8 (6 for vaginal). I still say they should both be 8 ... if not 28 ;) I took 10 weeks with DD1 and was chomping at the bit to come back by 8 (I had a wonderful recovery), so I'm hoping I recover as well this time around and can make myself useful and/or take some relaxation time once we figure out our groove. Daycare doesn't have a spot for her until she's about 14-16 weeks :# 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @aecm - What a beautiful blue! I have yet to do a single thing. #secondchildproblems
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• aecmaecm member
    @MamaK225 Don’t feel bad...other than buying a 5-pack on newborn onesies and two pairs of PJs, this is the very first thing I have done to get ready. 🤦🏻‍♀️. Painting the room had to happen before basically everything else for the room, so now I have no excuse and I need to get my butt in gear!

P.S. I basically only got motivated b/c one of my good friends just delivered at 31 weeks and it made me realize these boys really could be arriving soon 😬
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @MamaK225 @aecm maybe this is a FFTC but I have done nothing for the baby, nor do I plan to...
    We already have everything we need from DS#1&2. and the baby is going in our guest room in a pack 'n' play. Technically the pnp is set up, but that's because we had a guest who needed it. If someone else needs the room between now, and when LO shows up, it will get put away again. 🤷‍♀️
  • I have set up 90% of the nursery by now. Just gotta wash some of the new clothes and blankets and move the rocker from DD2's room to the nursery. Then itll be at the "insert baby here" stage. My goal was to have it all done by 32 weeks because my last pregnancy started having serious issues around 30 weeks and I dont want to be too unprepared.

Of course, we painted the nursery 3 months before we started TTC, so I'm probably just crazy.

• @mrosek91 - TBH, our plan is to only have a partial nursery for now, anyway. The baby will be in our room in a PNP until they are sleeping through the night (or at 6+ hours at a time) and I feel comfortable with her going in her crib (i.e. rolling back-to-front and front-to-back, etc). Her crib will be in the guest room (which will be the quasi-nursery) and I'm keeping the bed up in that room in the meantime. Since DH will be going back to work a week or so after delivery, there may be nights where he needs a little extra sleep (or if he is thoughtful enough to give *me* a night off), then that bed can be used for that, as well. DD1 was July 1 and I'm hoping for DD2 to be Aug 9, so they'll be close enough in age that clothing is going to completely overlap. Only exceptions might be holiday clothing, but for the first year, I got things in two sizes anyway because DD1 would. not. stop. growing. :D 

I really just want to get everything but the guest bed taken out of the room and then the crib & changing table/dresser set up and the closet cleaned out. So it's not *that* much, I don't feel. I just haven't had the will to do it.
    **History in Spoiler**

• So ive ordered the new car seat and have that installed. I also just updated my amazon prime June delivery to include nb and size 1 diapers, Dreft, disposable breast pads, and lanolin lotion so I have it all on hand. Planning on washing all of DSs nb through 3 month clothes in the next couple of weeks and I’m hoping to order my new rocker today since it’s 4 weeks out.  But other than that I have nothing done or ready. We are going to convert the guest room into babies room, give DD the big guest room bed, give DS her current twin bed, and move all of his baby stuff to the guest room. I’m not sure when all of this is going to happen or who is supposed to help DH move it all 🤷‍♀️
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @MamaK225 My daughter was June 13 and this baby is due on Aug 3 so I am really hoping they are similar in size so ALL of the clothing will work! If this one comes a week early, even better :smiley: I just washed all of the newborn and 0-3 month stuff so I can get it put away and organized.  

We were going to leave the bed in the guest room that is now being converted to a nursery, but I just couldn't give up the idea of converting it completely before she's born even though she'll be sleeping in our room for months.  We have a very nice queen air mattress that is on legs and bed height, so if we need one of us to sleep in there I figure we can always use that. 
  • @olivemomma - Well that makes me feel a little better, I *also* have modified my June delivery to include NB diapers & lanolin lotion (I did go a little crazy and already got the lotions, bath wash, and laundry specifics in my May delivery :) ). I have a sizeable amount of Size 1s leftover from DD1 that has been patiently waiting in her closet, so I've got backup in case this one decides to be a big 'un. What breastpads did you buy? I've got a few things in my cart that are just kind of chilling until I get some testimonials (I've scoured through the reviews). With DD1, I pretty much lived in my sports bra'ish nursing bra and just changed 'em out a few times a day since I was washing other crap, anyway. Probably better if I just buy pads :# 
    **History in Spoiler**

• @mrosek91 I have done 0 specifically for this baby... eventually we will dig out the PNP... but 4th kid problems you get all your siblings hand-me-downs. 
    @aecm I love that blue. I was in total denial with the twins... Thankfully I made it to term without any issues but even then when the doc said it was time for them to come out I had a mini-meltdown. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• aecmaecm member
    @wabash15 Is anyone really prepared for their first pregnancy to end? Delivery always seemed like a distant dream the first time around, lol. I was in such denial that I would actually have a kid at the end of it, to the point where I was SHOCKED when my OB said it was time to head over to L&D...2 days before my due date. I hadn’t even packed my hospital bag!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker