December 2019 Moms

Any December Twins?

Hi All, I found out at 8w1d that I'm having twins! I am now 9w5d and have another scan next week to make sure they are both still doing ok. Any other twin pregnancies or people who have had twins in the past?

Re: Any December Twins?

• I'm 8w4d and had our first ultrasound at 5w showing us we also are having twins and their heartbeats. Saw them again at 6w6d and they were still going strong. Can't wait to see them again tomorrow to see how they are doing. Good luck momma!
  • midajomidajo member
    Hi there! I’m also expecting twins and am currently 10w2d. We found out there were two at my first OB appt at 8w4d. I don’t have another appt until 6/13 and I’m so anxious to check on them and make sure they’re both okay!

I’m so glad there are other twin moms here! This is my third pregnancy, but it feels like a whole new ball game with twins. It’s nice to know we’re not alone!
    TTC #1 May 2012
    Mar-Jul 2014: 5 Clomid cycles = all BFNs
    Aug 2014: Clomid + IUI = BFP! (9/3/14)
    Beta #1 9/8/14 = 500   Beta #2 9/15/14 = 8679
    EDD 5/14/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay I'm not alone! This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect. I had to give up my midwife and I am still waiting to hear if I'll be accepted by one of only two OBs in my town that will work with twins so I'm kind of on my own at the moment. 
  • midajomidajo member
    @twinmamma45 Wow, that sounds stressful. Fingers crossed you’re accepted by the OB and that you like him/her!
    TTC #1 May 2012
    Mar-Jul 2014: 5 Clomid cycles = all BFNs
    Aug 2014: Clomid + IUI = BFP! (9/3/14)
    Beta #1 9/8/14 = 500   Beta #2 9/15/14 = 8679
    EDD 5/14/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited May 2019
    I’m 11w4d and found out at around 9w that we are having twins. They appear to be di/di. These will be our 3rd and 4th if everything goes ok, I have 2 dd’s, almost 6 and 3. This has been a shock for us! Still processing going from 2 to 4 and would be lying if i didn’t have moments where I’m seriously scared. I have NT scan next in a week, I’ll be 12 weeks. I feel like the wait has been forever!! How is everyone feeling? I still feel nauseous a lot but a bit better than 8-9 weeks. I’m also taking B6 and unisom though. 
  • Well I just found out the ob I was hoping for rejected me. Not sure why. Now there is only one other option in my town that accepts twins so hopefully she will take me. 
    @mysticalwine13 I am having di/di as well. I'm very excited but freaked too especially since I still don't have a dr and it's my first pregnancy. Nausea has gotten a little better since taking b6 as well.
  • Hi, @naughtypine! I knew I'd seen a twin thread at some point--looks like we do have some twin mamas on the board! Hope you ladies can connect!
  • I'm curious,  what does mo/di or di/di mean?

My friend's husband was born in the mid 80s. When his mom was pregnant everything seemed to be going fine.  Ultrasound showed nothing unusual.  Then,  not sure what happened but something led mom to need ultrasound at about 37 wks.  Surprise! 2 babies in there 😱 10 days later she gave birth to both,  healthy. 
  • @bookworm di/di share a placenta and are completely identical if I’m not mistaken. I know they’re more high risk than fraternal twins which have their own placentas.