Infertility

May 2019 FET

Re: May 2019 FET

• Congrats!!! Love hearing all the good news from you ladies. Keep the updates coming. Praying for you all including those with sad news but I hope your journey doesn't end...its all worth it in the end!! ❤❤❤
  • Loading the player...
  • jolo1241jolo1241 member
    edited May 2019
    Does anyone know if PIO or estrogen make a pregnancy test give a false positive? We had the trigger shot and egg retrieval back in March. Just reading into POAS and worry about a false positive. 
  • @jolo1241 No the  PIO or estrogen will not make the pregnancy test false positive. I'm taking PIO and estrogen too. If you had your trigger shot in March the shot is already out of your system. 

Ronda
  • @rondah28 Awesome! Thank you!
  • Beta tmrw!
  • Congrats @jolo1241 !

AFM After Friday's confirmation of negative HCG I got my period on Sunday which was a week earlier than my RN predicted so today is officially Day1 of my final IVF, Round 4. Unlike the last 3 fsiled cycles my RE removed Micro Lupron from my protocol. I don't know why because I was told by the nurse and I just am not much for asking questions anymore just going thru the motions and expecting the same ending.
  • Hey ladies, I'm not doing a May FET but I do have a question for those of you who have done this....did your doctor have you do a Pregnyl/novarel shot for your FET? My doctor is having me do one 5 days prior, 2 days prios, 1 day after and 4 days after. I COMPLETELY trust the protocol they have me on, I was just curious if this was common or not?
    edited May 2019
    @ktrabing Not us. Progesterone in oil and baby aspirin starting 8 days before transfer, prednisone pills for 5 days starting 3 days before transfer, and started a blood thinner shot everyday starting two days post transfer. I assume meds used are very individualized.

@lemondrop1976 So sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers. 
    edited May 2019
    Just got our first beta results from this morning's bloodwork, 12dpt5dt...
    [Spoiler] 619![/spoiler]
  • @jolo1241Congrats!!! That's an awesome first beta number. How many did you transfer? I had 646 when I was pregnant with triplets 17 years ago. 
  • @rondah28 We transferred one.
  • rondah28rondah28 member
    edited May 2019
    @ktrabing my protocol for my FET was estrogen, progesterone and baby aspirin.

Ronda
  • @jolo1241 Great beta!!

Anyone ever have Micro Lupron removed from their protocol after having it for previous cycles. My RE removed it from mine for this cycle which happens to be my last shot at this so I'm hoping it was a good idea...PS I'm old, I'll be 43 in September.
  • @rondah28 Is that a high number for a single transfer? They just told us we were pregnant. No mention of anything else...
  • @lemondrop1976 -ugh I am so sorry to hear that news :(  Do they think it's an egg quality issue?  Or were they PGS tested?  I know PGS doesn't test everything.

@jolo1241 -Congratulations!!!  Great beta!  I think that your beta is high, but not too high considering they tested you kind of late.  Well, maybe my clinic is just early.  I was tested at 10dp5dt and the beta was 204...two days later obviously would have been higher.  Great news for you :)

Here is my update:
    Today I am 6 weeks.  I had my second ultrasound yesterday and another blood draw for various things.  My HCG was 22,742!  We saw a heartbeat!  The heartbeat was 95.  The nurse mentioned that they like to see at least 100, but then quickly said 95 was totally fine because I am so early.  Either way I wish she didn't say that because it'll make me worry.  However, the ultrasound tech said that I was "borderline" in the sense that at 5 weeks 6 days, sometimes they see a heartbeat and sometimes they don't see a heartbeat yet.  So, the rational side of me is thinking that 95 is ok for this early since some people don't see one yet.  The embryo grew accordingly and my HCG is high.  I will go back next Thursday!
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• @LoveDontCostAThing Woohoo! Congrats! Going from the TWW to first u/s wait is stressful too. There's definitely a lot of time to think!
  • Lurker*** 
    @LoveDontCostAThing at 6 weeks (even 5+6) the heart is just starting and the rate tends to be lower when it is starting and increases after a few days. So at 5+6 having a HR of 95 is great. I know its hard not to worry and analyze every comment, but hopefully this provides you some reassurance. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• edited May 2019
    Congrats @jolo1241!! So happy for you!!

Great news to @LoveDontCostAThing! My clinic doesn't do 1st ultrasound until about halfway in the 7th week so I wouldn't be stressed at all.

Thinking of you @lemondrop1976 and hope that you have better luck with a different protocol.  

I had a scant bleeding episode at 6dp5dt that stressed me out because it was bright red plus a tiny black clot but it only occurred once so praying it was just implantation. My clinic agrees. Just scared me because of the color. But I have heard of tons of people having implantation bleeding and just early bleeding in general.  With my 1st pregnancy I had a scant spotting after my 1st vaginal ultrasound then a SCH at 11 weeks which was terrifying. Hope you ladies are doing well and keeping those babies healthy and growing big! 6 more days of waiting til my beta. Hurry up June! 
  • @doubleblessings1124 Fingers crossed! Hope all goes well!
  • Our second beta is tmrw. 3 days after first. Memorial Day kinda messed up our bw.
  • @wabash15 -yes, that is helpful!  thank you!  I googled (of course) and read the same thing about the heart rate starting low when just beginning.  Hopefully it's higher next week!!!
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• Second beta results...
    [Spoiler] 2415! Next BW next Friday, first U/S the following Monday! [/spoiler]
  • Hi everyone first post as I only just discovered this site. I've read the rules and hopefully I don't sat anything wrong! About me...this is my first ivf cycle and I've a teen dd from a previous relationship.  I'm 40 and not living in the US so some of what you talk about I can't relate to exactly e.g. here the clinics don't do beta tests to check for BFP or BFN. Just a HPT then you are booked in for bloods and an early scan. I started the meds back in Feb. We we lucky to get lots of eggs and embryos BUT PSG reduced it down to one. Embryo number 14. We've been rooting for No.14 ever since ☺ we did a 6dfet on 24th May. My 2ww is up on 6th but I'm lying here awake in the middle of the night torturing myself and think I'm going to cave and do a sneaky test tomorrow. I had no trigger injection. And I'm 7dpt now. It's so difficult being on high alert all the time. Over analysing every twinge.  Trying to dicipher if its an early sign or a med side affect. Anyway thank you all for sharing your stories! You've helped to make me feel less alone in this. Best of luck to you all in you all in your journey 🤞🙏💛

• @Knottie39531976 Welcome and good luck!
  • My official test day is Thurs 6th. I'm alternating between being convinced I'm pregnant and convinced I'm not. Had a teary moment in the grocery store yesterday as I seemed to be surrounded by babies and pregnant women.  I've lots of potential signs like big bbs, sore bbs, tired, twinges in abdomen, bloated etc. But of course they could all just be from the progesterone. I do know that I don't 'feel' pregnant. But no clue if that means anything or not. Sorry to ramble on. Just need to vent as I'm driving myself mad with all this in my head 
  • No symptoms at all here. Just a bit of tiredness. 
  • @jolo1241 when is your test day? I think as many women have no symptoms as have them with BFPs. Fingers crossed for us both🤞💛
  • @Knottie39531976 Don't stress to much about symptoms. I am 6 weeks pregnant and I have no symptoms. I know it's hard not to stress, but I am an example of someone with no symptoms and received a BFP. 

Ronda
    edited June 2019
    @Knottie39531976 No...bloodwork again on Friday and ultrasound on the 10th. 6 weeks here as well, not much to speak of as far as symptoms. Actually never felt better!
  • Congratulations to you both! Unfortunately I don't think I'll be joining you. I caved in and tested this morning 10dp5dt and SPOILER ALERT it's a BFN. 
    Of course I'm reading all these lovely stories about BFN on d10 and then getting a bfp days later but I'm just not feeling it. Anyway my question is this, we did pgs and only 1 embryo was viable. No more frozen to try with. So if we are to start a new cycle, time wise am I right back at the beginning again? PGS made it such a long process (started 1st drugs in late Jan so about 5mths). It's not the thought of starting again that daunts me as much as how long you have to put your life on hold 😔 
  • @Knottie39531976 Sorry to hear that. This was our first time as well so not sure about the logistics of it all.
  • @Knottie39531976 -Welcome, and sorry about the bfn.  I sure hope that it turns into a positive!  So, just a thought...I know a woman who was around your age when she did IVF.  Anyway, it took her awhile to get "normal" embryos too, so what she did was bank them.  It takes longer and is obviously emotionally and physically draining, but she did back to back ivf cycles/ retrievals, sent them all for testing, and then eventually did a transfer.  That way she had more than just one normal embryo.  It is daunting, and I'm sorry you find yourself in this place, but figured it was a suggestion.  I met the woman on this site...she is wonderful, and if you message me, I can share your info if you would like to chat with her :)

As for me, pretty much my only symptom is pure exhaustion.  I've been exhausted literally since the day after transfer.  I will be 7 weeks on Wednesday.  I try not to worry and stay busy, but I have been packing up my classroom (my room is being gutted this summer so it's a huge ordeal), and of course, sometimes I think I am overdoing it.  I try not to, but I haven't told the aids in my room that I am pregnant since it's so early, so I am mostly packing myself.  Luckily, I am done school in two days!!!  Then, I have an ultrasound on Thursday.
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• Glad things are going well @jolo1241 and @LoveDontCostAThing! I have my beta tomorrow and I'm so happy the wait is almost over! 
    edited June 2019
  • @doubleblessings1124 Good Luck on your beta tomorrow!!!
  • Thank you @LoveDontCostAThing ideas are always welcome!  Our clinic did suggest it as an option for us actually but he didn't push it.  He more suggested that it was a good option if we thought we'd like more than one child down the road.  But we would be very happy with the one :smile: I'll do the final test on Thurs anyway and then set up a meeting with him to discuss next steps whatever the outcome.  Might try your idea if we have to go again!
  • Ugh...starting spotting and cramping. Go back for bloodwork tmrw.
  • I spotted a little bit a couple weeks ago.  They said probably from the progesterone suppositories and irritation.  They said that spotting is normal because there are a lot of blood vessels down there and can’t burst.  Mine stopped luckily.  Is it period like cramping or stretching like cramping?  Some dull cramping can be normal with stretching uterus.  I get it here and there.  I hope that’s all it is!!!
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!