How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?

Re: Weekly Check-in Group 2 (Jan 9-16) w/o 5/20

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5 weeks 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate Chip

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until June 21

How are you feeling?: Our sump pump died this weekend so I'm super tired from having my family over to help with clean-up yesterday. Also feeling a little queasy right now.  Otherwise, things are good.

Rants/Raves: My 2-year old has decided that 6:00 is his normal wake-up time now, even on the weekends.  The only day this isn't the proper time is on Wednesdays when we need to be up and out of the house by 6:30, and therefore he is tired and needs a sleep in.  2-year old logic...

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?  So many, but the one that pops to mind right now is people who don't use their turn signals...urgh...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  I'm not 100% sure on my EDD since my cycles are irregular, but one of my apps said Jan 11th so I'm going with it for now.  That would make me 6w, 2d, but we'll see.

Baby is the size of a(n):  sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments:  first appointment is May 30th, hoping for a dating ultrasound! 

How are you feeling?:  overall pretty good, experiencing breast tenderness/changes, shortness of breath, major bloat, peeing a lot, and I get ragey hungry after like 3 hours

Rants/Raves: I think it's pretty dumb that I've already had to switch to my postpartum fat pants because my bloat is so bad and makes me feel like I'm spilling out of my regular jeans.  I feel like it's just happening too soon!

Questions:  none

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?  Obnoxiously slow drivers, I've got places to be!
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 12. 6wks + 1 day (I think this is a little off)

Baby is the size of a(n): popper firecracker

Upcoming Appointments: nothing until June 4 th

How are you feeling?: Overall good. Bloated and thirsty all the time, but that's about it.

Rants/Raves: Getting sick of my mil passive aggressively not respecting our parenting choices. We specifically say no to something and she ignores or rolls her eyes. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? @breweber2010 People who don't use turn signals is one of mine too. Or when the towels are folded wrong. That drives me nuts
  • @breweber2010 I feel you on the early wake up! DD wakes up around 5:30 daily. Or randomly picks 4:45 to wake up and is then cranky about having gotten up early. Haha
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 13/ 6 weeks 0 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Small Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: May 27th. My sons 2 year check up but I need to ask some questions for me 😂

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and tired. Chasing my son around the house for five minutes has me pooped for the next hour 

Rants/Raves: I made my favourite meal this week for supper and got five bites in before this baby decided they didn’t want any more. I just wanted to eat my favourite meal! 

Questions: Tips on the morning sickness? I didn’t have this last time and I haven’t found anything that doesn’t trigger it yet. I’ve tried so many things. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Definitely slow drivers as well. My town is notorious for its bad drivers 😫
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5w+6 according to lmp; 6w+4 based on ovulation 

Baby is the size of a(n): Who knows? Something small. Belly button lint?

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: Nervous about Weds. just hoping that everything is looking ok. All and all my symptoms aren’t bad this go-round (which adds to my unease). I’m very bloated, but other than boob soreness all I’m really experiencing is on-off nausea. 

Rants/Raves: I live in a building with a central A/C system and it hasn’t kicked in yet. Today was 85 degrees, so I’m preparing for another sleepless night. 

Questions: This is a weird one. I keep waking up in the wee hours of the night (like 12-3am) with really bad stomach aches and gas pains. I will then take Tylenol and the pain stops, but it’s really so odd and idk why this keeps happening?

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Lateness. I hate being late and I hate when others are late as well. Also, when people put the toilet paper roll on the thingy upside down. 
  • @laurenmicheley I'll second the toilet paper roll bring upside down. But the real question is, which way is "right" for you? The end in the front or the end in the back?
  • @persnickity The end in front, of course!
  • @persnickity OMG...same here!  My husband and I continually have a fight over the correct way to fold towels.  He is currently winning because he does more of the laundry than I do, but it still annoys me to watch him fold it...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @laurenmicheley Absolutely!! There's no other way to do it.

@breweber2010 I stopped re-folding/fixing the towels that he folds wrong. I just started hanging them up as he had them. He got mad at me for not hanging it up right, so I told him I just took what he had done. Made a big improvement on how often he does it right. ☺️
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 13th/6w3d. My doctor actually

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: My first appointment is June 27th but they are going to try and get me in earlier for an ultrasound (which is all I really care about). I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Other then feeling a lot of rage because of hormones and peeing every 10 minutes I have no complaints. 

Rants/Raves: I'm just excited that they are going to try and get me in for an ultrasound sooner then my appointment.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? PEOPLE CHEWING LOUDLY! Ugh.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Based on today’s ultrasound (and depending on whether you measure the fetal pole vs the gestational sack) I’m either 6w1d or 6w2d, so EDD is either Jan 14 or 15

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip

Upcoming Appointments: next ultrasound is June 5

How are you feeling?: Very relieved to see the kiddo on the ultrasound today as well as the heartbeat. I had been so nervous; I walked into the doctor’s office for the appointment and burst into tears as soon as I arrived. Symptoms-wise, in addition to being an emotional wreck, I’m often grossed out by food but haven’t puked yet. 

Rants/Raves: Raves to the extremely sweet staff at the OB office who got me water and Kleenex and had me come back to a back exam room to wait for my appointment since I was such a mess. 

Questions: None at the moment. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Poor grammar!
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    7w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n):
    blueberry

Upcoming Appointments:
    Ultrasound is less than two weeks away!

How are you feeling?:
    Anxious. 

Rants/Raves: 
    I've been having nausea and dizziness, but it's also been hot out, so that hasn't been helping.

Questions: 
    None right now.

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?
    Eating noises.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • rae_qrae_q member
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 13th, 6+7

Baby is the size of a(n): honey bee

Upcoming Appointments: first exam scheduled for June 12th with ultrasound on the 14th. So excited to see with my own eyes. Even with all the symptoms, it doesn't always feel real yet.

How are you feeling?: Started to have a little nausea, but my energy seems to be coming back a little bit.

Rants/Raves: We met our midwife yesterday, and we feel really good about using her. She seemed to have all the same views on the delivery as we did so we're feeling good about our choice. Holy crap it's going to be a pricey bill though. I guess we're getting off pretty cheap, but with me quitting my job soon it's going to be tight around here for awhile.

Questions: Is anybody else having anxiety about finances? I'm not worried about money for when the baby gets here so much as the preparation costs.
  • @rae_q I was really worried about it with my daughter, but then started looking into costs and what you need. You really don't need a lot of things. We got all of the nursery furniture for about $1k from IKEA. That was crib, mattress, sheets, rocking chair for nursing, changing table (pad and covers too), rug, everything.  Plus having so many clothes, toys, and books from the shower, we didn't need to buy anything there. The car seat and stroller was gifted by my parents, but would have been the most expensive thing. Bottles were also expensive, but we decided on glass bottles. All in all, it wasn't as expensive as I thought. I think people make it more expensive than it needs to be.
  • rae_qrae_q member
    @persnickity I know I'm probably worrying for nothing, but we're paying for our midwife out of pocket and I think hearing that number put me over the edge. There's always a way to make it work, and I just need to keep telling myself that!
  • @rae_q it's easy to get overwhelmed! Everyone tells you that you need all these really expensive things. And you feel like you have to get them now. We took a really minimalist approach and tried to save money where we could. It ended up being a lot less expensive than I'd been expecting.