August 2019 Moms

STM+ check-in w/o 5/25

How far along are you? How big is baby?
How old is/are you other kid(s)?
Nails and fails from this week:
Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
GTKY: what was your first job?

Re: STM+ check-in w/o 5/25

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    30 weeks :o let the single digit countdown commence tomorrow! (Today is 10+0 until due date so tomorrow will be 9+6)
    Cantaloupe

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 20 months

Nail - finishing up work well
    Fail - DS has been waking up early again and im tiiiiiiirred.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: we go to Canada in ONE WEEK and I have 4 work days left.

If babysitting counts,  then that. If we are talking regular paycheck jobs,  then I was a coop student at an engineering company in uni. I worked on upgrade plans to a section if the London underground.  It was cool and I liked the team I was on,  but it also confirmed I didn't really want an office type job. (I was in a teaching program but we needed 2 non-teaching Co op placements during the program)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

27+1, lettuce?

3 and 19 months

Nail- spent half an hour on the playground with DS#1, and let him dictate when we went inside. (I am not an outdoors in summer person.)
    Fail- I still cannot concentrate at work.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    I do not understand family members who are themselves parents and grandparents who tell your children it's ok to do something immediately after you told your child to stop doing that thing. Or who rile your child up even after you specifically say it's almost bedtime please stop we're trying to can him down.

GTKY: what was your first job? I helped out at my father's office in the summers, answering phones, and working on projects that people didn't have time for normally, mainly boring paperwork.
  • Loading the player...
  • aecmaecm member
    How far along are you? How big is baby?
    27+1, lettuce

DD, age 2

Nails - got a sitter so we could go out and actually enjoy a party at a neighbor’s place last night. It was good to relax, and not have to monitor a 2y/o. 
    Fails - I’ve come to the sad realization that I’m no longer physically able to adequately parent my child. I’ve got a “mom’s helper” starting at the beginning of June that will solve this problem, but I have no idea how we’re going to survive the next week. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    Preface: DH is VERY indecisive, about absolutely everything. 
    We talked about names, and we settled on names (first and middle) over a few day period. I was pleasantly surprised that it was so easy. I told DH he had 48 hours to mull it over and veto any of our choices, but after that they were set. The 48hrs came and went, not a peep from DH, so I assumed we were good. I’m not exactly going around and shouting our choices from the rooftops, but if ppl ask I’ve been telling them. DH found that out yesterday and is all upset...because we “hadn’t made a final decision.” 🙄🤯😡

Pharmacy intern. I’ll admit, it was a pretty cushy (and well paid) first job. 

@mrosek91 YESSSSS to your rant. In my case it’s a MIL who tries to feed my kid foods that I’ve told her, on multiple occasions, we don’t want DD to eat.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 27w2d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD6 DS3

Nails and fails from this week: fail-still basically failing at life. I feel like crap all the time so it is hard to get anything done. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: DD has an issue with her brain called Chiari Malformation that we have been monitoring since last year when she was diagnosed. So far her symptoms have been in a grey area where we are not sure surgery would improve anything so she has not had surgery. In the past week or so some nee symptoms have popped up that may result in needing surgery soon. We just put the pieces together that this is all related this weekend so I am calling her neurosurgeon tomorrow. On a selfish note, it is crappy timing if she does need surgery.

GTKY: what was your first job?other than babysitting, I worked at Coldstone when I was 16. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @aecm I am like your husband and afraid to commit to names. DH gets so sick of it but I usually keep bringing it up until baby gets here. With DD we had long lists and went back and forth forever. We told people our ideas and got way too muxh unsolicited advice. With DS we picked a first name right at 20 weeks then couldn't commit to a middle name for awhile. We told no on one and it was glorious. This time I am having trouble comitting, likely due to it being my last. Still not telling anyone our front runners. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• mia8263mia8263 member
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 26+5 

10 and almost 2

Kind of a nail- Dr believes all my symptoms are because I’m really anemic so I’m going for iron infusion tomorrow. I really want this to work so bad I can’t stand feeling like this. 
    Fail- I need new glasses and a new cell phone but I’m too cheap to bring myself there. Drives MH crazy but hello we have a 3rd child coming they come first!

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    the freaking cramping in my feet... ughhhh

after reading the babysitter club books, I made flyers and business cards then had my dad walk me around the neighborhood at 10yrs old to be a Mother’s helper. At 15 I did filing for an eye glass place and at 16 got my first real job at Strawberry clothing store. 
  • @Allycat11 sorry for crappy timing on DD possibly needing surgery :/ hopefully it works out the best possible and the surgery goes well if she does need it. 

I'm possibly in the same boat.  DS was born with a physical condition that would require surgery but they do a consultation at 2-4 months old (check) and then contact us for a pre-op consultation and operation "after one year old". I called in the fall after he turned 1 and they were like,  "he's in the queue,  we'll contact you when it's his turn" ok.... months go by,  tick tock. So I called 2 weeks ago to say we are traveling out of country for all of June so don't send us an appointment whole we are gone,  and she was like,  wow, he's almost 2 and you haven't had an appointment yet?  That must be a mistake.  We will book him in for one when you return from travels.  So now it will likely be July/August for his consult and operation 🙄 due august 4, so yay us.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @BigBadWolf12 wow, that is frustrating. I am sorry to hear that. DD was supposed to have an appt with a geneticist in August but we pushed it back to October. We have waited a year for this appt and it was scheduled 8 days before my due date (baby is measuring ahead and both my others came early) plus the hospital is 2.5 hours away. DDs recovery will likely be at least 6 weeks so if she went in soon that would be a crappy summer. More likely than not there would be a 2-3 month wait for surgery which conflicts with my EDD and she would miss the beginning of the school year. I am curious what her neurosurgeon suggests. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

30w, zucchini 

18 months

Nails: survived our grade level field trip, and got my classroom mostly packed up!

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: 
    Adjusting to this new diet for GD is tough, especially during the end of the school year with all the parties. Tomorrow is going to be especially tough with my class getting a pizza party and a retirement party for a coworker. But I will be good and just bring my own snacks.

If you don't count babysitting, I worked at the meat and seafood counter at Albertson's. 
  • @Allycat11 Wow that's such a long recovery time for a little kid :'( hopefully the neuro surgeon haa good advice for you. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• How far along are you? 29 weeks and 4 days
     How big is baby? Acorn Squash according to The Bump.
    How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD is 2
    Nails: Finally got my office partially emptied out and my crib set up so it feels like i’m accomplishing something at least.

Fails: I have really slacked on my water intake and as a result i keep getting horrible BH Contractions. I’m trying to do better but half the time it completely slips my mind. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:  I love my family but I told my mom that as much as I appreciated it I didn’t want to have a baby shower this time around. I live two hours away from all my family and riding in my jeep for extended periods is getting difficult. Well she and my grandmother basically guilted me into letting them throw one. I relented, my only condition being that they didn’t wait until the last minute to have it like they did with my daughter. They were adamant they wouldn’t. Just found out they’ve scheduled it for two weeks before my due date. Just like last time. I’m already exhausted just thinking about it. 

GTKY: what was your first job? I cleaned kennels and cages for a local no-kill shelter. I loved my job and met one of my best friends there.