July 2019 Moms

Randoms - Week of 5/20

Re: Randoms - Week of 5/20

• nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited May 2019
    Seeing 1 comment on the birth story thread keeps throwing me off. I always forget the comment was to get it pinned.🤣🤣
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • If my left arm was sentient, it would be very mad at me. 3 vials of blood drawn at the OB and I got my Tdap on the way home...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @jenniferjoy37 that’s great news! So glad they finally got back to you, and you can have some peace of mind now! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • key33key33 member
    @greeneyedgirl12 - Ouch! 

@jenniferjoy37 - Happy your in the clear and don’t need to stress anymore!
  • edited May 2019
    @key33 @nopegoat Pretty much.

And now it would be even angrier. TDAP soreness has kicked in, AND OB's office called, blood labs showed no signs of preeclampsia (no urine result yet), which is YAY, but they didn't draw the lab for cholestasis, which they want because I've had intermittent severe itching, which means I have to go back and get that drawn. 

Also the GIF about missing alcohol/beer has hit with a newfound vengeance. I want a beer. I don't even really LIKE beer, I'm much more of a liquor person, but I want an effing beer.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @jenniferjoy37 Yay for the good news!

@greeneyedgirl12 Yay for the half good news. Hoping the rest also comes back in the okay zone.
  • hakelehakele member
    @greeneyedgirl12 I was shocked at how much the Hops Water or an NA beer helped me with that desire. 
  • We’re leaving to go camping for the weekend tomorrow, and I have nothing packed so far. So excited to just get there tomorrow though! 
  • @hestia14 so cool!! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @hestia14 omg, how sweet! He/she is precious! 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• @hestia14 SQUEE

DH just fished out a fledgling mockingbird that fell into one of our basement window outlets. Not sure we saved him, he seems to have fallen out of the nest and we have foxes in the area. Momma bird attacked me while DH was fishing the baby out. It was like taking a broom to the head out of nowhere, haha. Poor momma and dadda bird were going ballistic. We checked on them a little later and it seems baby is tucked into some foliage somewhere, but wish we could have got her back up in a nest - would have never happened with bird parents around.
  • @hestia14 Soooo adorable!! Did mama ever come back, that you know of? 
  • @jenniferjoy37 I think she did: DH and I checked our entire yard this morning and the baby was gone, but we saw adult hoofprints leading away from our gate (which we left open all night). We have a lot of forest in our area that is probably a better hiding spot for baby deer anyway. I hope we see Allium wandering around soon :) 
    @foodislove Poor birdie! Are you not able to reach the nest? I'd be worried about neighborhood cats getting to it more than anything :/ 
  • aww a happy ending for the baby deer! Hopefully Mom got her to a safe spot and they'll come back to visit and say thanks!  (yes I hope its like a damn Disney movie LOL!)
  • @hestia14 No one has cats around here, mostly cause of the foxes. But no, we couldn't with momma and poppa bird shrieking their heads off and diving bombing us. I fended them off some with a broom while DH got the fledgling, but I didn't want to risk hurting one of the parents either.
  • @mamahmh2 What does it feel like when the kiddo drops? M never dropped which led to complications during labor. But I also don't feel like this one is up in my ribs either, and never felt that way with M. 
  • I'm really glad to hear the rest of the fawn story! On my walk around the neighborhood on Tuesday, I saw a fawn curled up by a tree in front of one of our neighbor's houses, and I spent to rest of the night worrying about it being abandoned. I'm going to choose to believe that Mama Doe came back for this little one too. 
  • @keebler6elf Based on what I (quickly) read about newborn fawns, the doe leaves it alone for long periods of time so it can rest/gain strength while she forages. Since newborn fawns don't have a scent, predators will not bother it. The doe will come back a few times a day to nurse the baby, but definitely not as often as a human nurses. 
    @mamahmh2 Yay!! Can you share a before/after pic? I'm a FTM so I'm not sure what this will look like. My belly seems to change positions day by day. I'm wondering if I dropped a little because my reflux is better and my foot swelling is worse. 
  • @hestia14 aww. So cute! 

Ugh I just got an email from the place we were having the baby shower and it will no longer be there due to river flooding. I just want to scream and threw things tonight. This week has been so stressful. 

• @indulgentgypsy Those belly bands are amazing! Glad you’re getting some relief! Enjoy your break before baby comes!! You survived the school year! 
  • foodislovefoodislove member
    edited May 2019
    @indulgentgypsy Congrats on being done for the summer! Hope you have a chance to put your feet up.

@hestia14 So cute, pls keep sharing!

Memorial weekend plans underway here. I'm throwing my last party before the baby comes - a Par-tea! Ice tea bar, ice tea popsicles and sorbet, and cold food yummies. We'll have about 16-20 folks over, babies included. I need to get the hose out front so I can setup a water table and sprinkler for the littles. Prepping all the food tonight so tomorrow should just be setup.
  • @foodislove YES to cold stuff! 😅

@indulgentgypsy Congrats for making it to the finish line! I had 15 years of teacher summers...now I’m private sector and just wish I could run away clean here at the end of May! Enjoy it! Sorry you can’t drink! 😂

• @indulgentgypsy congrats! enjoy!

@foodislove that sounds lovely.  

MH snapped at me this morning and it just put me in a sour mood.  I'm still upset, I think he should apologize, but he never apologizes so it's up to me whether i want to make it a big deal or not.  I know the reality is i need to just move on, but my feelings were hurt. I just wish i could brush it off.  I left the house and took the dog out to play for 2 hours and I still can't seem to move on.  
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm Oh no! How does that even happen? Can people not get to the building because the river flooded the road or something? 
    @blackhottamales Ugh, I'm sorry. My husband is an over-apologizer and today he elbowed me in the back and told me to watch where I was going. I had to walk ten steps ahead of him while I fumed. :disappointed:

No sign of Allium today. I think the doe moves her fawn every night, and my guess is he/she is now in the neighbor's unfenced and overgrown backyard. It's pushing 90 degrees today, so I hope Allium is in the shade!
    I looked around the backyard tree where we first saw Allium to see if there was any afterbirth on the ground. There's still an indentation the size of a doe in the grass. I assume deer consume the afterbirth the way a lot of animals do, but I'm a little surprised that I found absolutely nothing except for a few slugs. 
  • Today at church (I'm the 4th and up Sunday teacher for the kids) this kid asks me if the wall of Jericho story is true 🤦 But I was really happy this guy at church totally had a shofar (the type of antelope horn they blew at the battle of Jericho) so the kids really liked that a lot. 

Also I went to wash my poor dog (little rough coat jack Russel) and there's some flies in the window so I smack them dead and am washing them down the drain and I smell this terrible smell and I turn around and my dog has been so scared of the noise he literally pooped himself 😂

I didn't bother disciplining him because I was in such shock and it was a little funny 😂 He got his bath in the end... Which I'm sure he hated
    Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• @blackhottamales I totally understand about having a husband who just can't apologize. Sometimes I try to say he needs to apologize but usually just let it go and try to be the bigger "man"

Pregnancy TickerFor this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. Samuel 1:27 KJV
    DS born 1.25.18 (my rainbow) | Baby Girl Due 7.25.19

• cindlercindler member
    Deer do leave their young during the day. The idea is that he's safer alone and hidden than with momma around. That's why they have spots, it's supposed to mimick the sun coming through the forest canopt. I bet if you really pay attention @hestia14, you'll notice Allium barely moves while mom is gone. Pretty much frozen and hidden until she come back.

Fun fact, rabbits are the same. If you find baby rabbits, but no adults nearby, leave them alone. Odds are mom will be back in a few hours to nurse/check in.
  • @indulgentgypsy Yay summer!
    @foodislove that sounds fun!
    @hestia14 yes. The river near us has been flooding all spring with this constant rain and recently a levee broke as well. Vehicles can not get through. 
  • Bear14+Bear14+ member
    Just an important piece of information! Outlander season 1 & 2 is on Netflix. This is the best show ever.... so worth a binge!! 
  • Don’t know if it’s been the heat and humidity we’ve had all weekend, but I think the days of wearing my rings are numbered. I can get them on fine in the morning, but as the day goes on they get a bit tighter.
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @nolemomma14 mine are the opposite, I can't get them off in the morning but by nighttime they fit again. I basically have quit wearing them until July. 
  • @nolemomma14 yeah I switched to the qalo ring in the winter.