October 2019 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday 5/21

We haven't done this in a long time!
Who or what in your life is being a Twat Waffle?

TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: TW Tuesday 5/21

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    junebabyh said:
    @galentine Your coworkers are my TWs, too. That's terrible and so unfair and unkind. Luckily he has you in the shared space as well. You'll have to take him to lunch or something in his first week.
    Yes, they are definitely TWs!!
  • Options
    Today’s TW is USPS. Our mail hold was to end Saturday. Our accumulated mail still has not arrived. The local post office doesn’t answer their phone and when I try to submit via the website there’s no “send” button. I JUST WANT MY MAIL
  • Options
    @emily1052 I'm dying over here! I think I subconsciously channeled Phyllis when thinking about reading a book on a rainy day.  :D
  • Options
    New TW! Just had a meeting with our head of contracts to discuss how we should paper some new services my organization is going to start selling. Long story short, she came to the call ready to pick a fight for some reason and started going on and on about things that are literally none of her concern, like how we will price the services and whether customers will even be interested, etc. These things are so far out of her purview it's actually laughable. I had to get VERY stern with her to shut it down, which I hate doing. But she was so far out of line I had no choice. What a TW!
  • Options
    TW to who ever gave my kids this stomach bug... It started with DS getting a fever last night and projectile vomiting at 2:30.... he still can’t keep things down and now my middle dd has a fever too... thankfully them being sick slows them down and they nap longer and more than normal... I’ll be going Lysol and bleach crazy tomorrow. 
  • Options
    My TW is (are) black flies. DS has 25-30 bites from the weekend, he's allergic so they are big red welts. All are incredibly itchy and he's constantly at them. Most are scratched raw.  Nothing I put on/give him offers relief for very long. I'm keeping a close eye out for infection....
  • Options
    Phyllis is right..for real, why do people not know how to drive in the rain????
  • Options
    @sweetteaandswingsmama Hope your kiddos are feeling better soon. The stomach bug is my arch nemesis 

@prpl11butterfly Oh no the poor thing is probably so miserable 😔 Hope he’s better soon
  • Options
    I know it's Wednesday but I've got a TW regardless... My A/S was this morning. The second I was about to walk out the door for it the phone rang, which was the doctor's office cancelling on me. Apparently they don't have an ultrasound tech!?! Seriously, there's only one person in their whole huge network that can perform this? I took the day off and so did my SO for this. Not to mention I'm excited, nervous and anxious to get it done with. So thoroughly frustrated with the office (who I'm technically designating as the TW, since I can't be mad at one person for getting sick or having an emergency) because I don't understand why they don't have a backup. They're supposed to call me by the end of the day to reschedule, but I'm really bummed since SO probably won't be able to come now, and because they're rescheduling an entire day of US's I'm sure the lobby wait time will be ridiculous when I do get in. 😡😤🤯
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    @cooaladolly I'm with you. That is kind of unacceptable. They HAVE to have a backup. So inconsiderate. I really hope your SO can attend the makeup A/S! It's so special.
  • Options
    @cooaladolly That is frustrating! I know at my OB they only have one tech who can do NT scans, so maybe the AS is also specialized like that? It does seem weird that larger offices would only have one, but I guess if it normally isn't necessary to have two, then this sort of thing must happen. Super irritating to be on the receiving end, though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Cass005Cass005 member
    Ditto on the "i know it's wednesday but..." Philadelphia Drivers....you're on my list!
  • Options
    @cooaladolly That is not okay. I'm so sorry that they cancelled at the last minute like that. Maybe you and your SO can do something together since you already took the day off?
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @cooaladolly that's ridiculous and frustrating. They can't send you to someone else either to help?? Our hospital will call out to the surrounding ones to see if they can help first. 😔

• Options
    Thanks guys for the support. I at least got a new appointment for tomorrow but SO won't be able to be there. @Elle-0409 luckily we already had plans to go to IKEA afterwards for all new kitchen cabinets so the whole day wasn't lost.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    @cooaladolly nothing makes me more angry than when my time isn't respected. That's absolutely insane that they don't have a backup for situations like this! I'm glad you got back in quickly, but that is so crappy that DH won't be able to join you... 
  • Options
    I know it's not Tuesday but it's close enough. I've had it. My TW is my youngest SIL. She thinks the world is supposed to revolve around her and her kids and got beyond pissy cause she found out our kids stayed the night at ILs house last night. Started this big thing between the oldest and her and us and his mom. I'm done. She wants to act like no one helps her but I watched her kids almost a whole year with no pay from her(we live 15/20 minutes away and I never even got gas money) and she tried to get the oldest to pay more by saying I asked for more! Just so she could get extra money 🙄 she gets a lot of help from her parents and her older sisters. We got help from his parents quite often but we always paid them back or went and helped out around the house or fixed vehicles. It was always made up. She still owes a crap ton of money to them and throws a fit when they help us out because we are always repaying right away. But nope no one helps princess 🙄 she begged her husband to get this job as a CO at our prison and now he's constantly mandated so she doesn't get help with her kids anymore and she's all alone. That's why she's mad, cause his mom kept our kids, knowing "she needs a break" but she's the one mad at their mom for not paying back 5 dollars to her. And her MIL is constantly helping her out, hanging at her house with her and the kids. Not to mention she takes all the other nieces and nephews for "cousin days", but never asks for our kids, never invites us(she knows I'm off four days a week). 
    Ugh sorry for the rant it just upset me to no end.