Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Trying to get pregnant and alcohol?

Having a bit of a freak out!

My husband and I were going to start TTC this month, but due to a work training we he had to go we missed the time frame. At least that’s what I believe. So after the fact we’ve been carrying on pretty normally, I’ve had wine several times this week at a few events we went to and today I had four drinks (over the course of the entire day) when we were at a Memorial Day get together.

However, I then had this horrible realization of “wait but what if you are pregnant” and started googling and now I don’t feel so sure because I read apparently having sex two days before you ovulate means there’s a fair chance you can still get pregnant! 

Its too early to take a test and obviously now I’m going to avoid alcohol all together until I get my period (or don’t) but I’m FREAKING out!

I’m so scared if I am the baby will have FAS and have deformities it cognitive issues! I have only been pregnant once before in December, which resulted in an early miscarriage at 6 weeks so I’m extra worried after going through that :( 

Re: Trying to get pregnant and alcohol?

• Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited May 2019
    @birdiebaby4 You are fine. There is a popular phrase when trying to conceive: “Drink till it’s pink”, meaning you can have alcohol until you see a pink positive line on a test. You shouldn’t go overboard—but you can have some alcohol without doing harm, is the theory. 

Now, before you get a million responses that tell you to go read the rules before posting, you should go read the very first post at the top of the TTGP called “NEWBIES, READ THIS FIRST”. It will break down all the rules so you know that you should post this in the Questions thread instead of starting your own. You can’t delete posts but you can edit your original to say “Deleted” or something. Good luck!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As someone that trumps a psychology teacher in the same professional, I can confidentally say your high school psychology teacher is not a good source for that info. However I do appreciate the sentiment supporting it being okay! 😂
  • Options
    keikilove said:
    @birdiebaby4 You are fine. There is a popular phrase when trying to conceive: “Drink till it’s pink”, meaning you can have alcohol until you see a pink positive line on a test. You shouldn’t go overboard—but you can have some alcohol without doing harm, is the theory. 

Now, before you get a million responses that tell you to go read the rules before posting, you should go read the very first post at the top of the TTGP called “NEWBIES, READ THIS FIRST”. It will break down all the rules so you know that you should post this in the Questions thread instead of starting your own. You can’t delete posts but you can edit your original to say “Deleted” or something. Good luck!  
    Thank you very much! I did some research on that saying (never came across it before) and found a lot supporting that, it’s crazy how split the information is! Thank you for being kind and helpful in your response!
  • Options
    I’m not sure what a QFP is or what exactly that comment was supposed to mean or how it was helpful. I’m normally not a message board person and I’m pretty clueless and scared in the getting pregnant department.
  • Options
    @birdiebaby4
    you should do some research (taking charge of your fertility) is highly recommended by quite a few of us (I just ordered my own finally) because TTGP is difficult for a lot of people and theirs so much info. 

• Options
    Okay again to the snarky commenters, I have PhD in psychology and work as a licensed psychologist and yes I have no problems admitting I am conflicted after reading research online and after speaking with doctors. I can also very confidentially tell you to not take advice on pregnancy from someone in my field because we’re not trained in it at all (clearly).

I can say it’s makes me wonder what’s going on in your own lives to be so vicious and critical to people you don’t know online when you could just keep scrolling along but... 🙄💁🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    To the other poster I’m very sorry for your loss! I will definitely look into that book.