Group 1 Check-in (Aug 1-7) w/o 05/26

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Boy/Girl/finding out later? 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: favourite thing(s) about being pregnant in the summer?

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
Re-started TTC Aug 2016
Started IF testing Nov 2016
Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

Re: Group 1 Check-in (Aug 1-7) w/o 05/26

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 30+0

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Girl

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe

Upcoming Appointments: growth scan on Friday before we plan to travel to Canada on the following Monday :o

How are you feeling?: good.  Tired bc DS has been waking up early again which also makes him more demanding during the day bc he's overtired.  Usually he's the easiest toddler I've ever met though,  so I shouldn't really complain

Rants/Raves: 4 more work days!  

Questions: 

No beach body thoughts,  slip on shoes

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• hemlheml member
    Aug 2nd, 30w3d

Girl

zucchini

Upcoming Appointments:
    Another US to check if placenta has moved up next week 

How are you feeling?:
    Good. Had a little scare of Friday, tiny bit of blood and some cramping so went in the dr just to be safe. All looked good, she told me to take it easier but okayed us to still go on a short trip this Memorial Day weekend. 

Rants/Raves: 
    I’m just so jazzed to be in the SINGLE DIGIT WEEK countdown! Also, only 60 days of work left. 

Questions: 

All the ice cream. And being in the pool, heading to one this afternoon, in fact 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    8/5, 30w

Boy

Zucchini 

Upcoming Appointments:
    Next week

How are you feeling?:
    Adjusting to the new GD diet, hopefully I can control it with diet and not have to go on medications.

Rants/Raves: 
    I found out that I had GD just in time to miss all the fun end of school year eating. I'm trying to see it as a blessing in disguise to get us in better eating habits so it will be easier to lose weight once Jacob arrives. 

Questions: 

Not having to put on a real bra!
  • sw1122sw1122 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 29w+6d

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash 

Upcoming Appointments: 6/13 for a growth scan 

How are you feeling?: very tired. I had a great long weekend, but ended up doing a lot. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: favourite thing(s) about being pregnant in the summer? Being able to wear dresses and sandals. I’m definitely glad I don’t have to squeeze myself into a big winter coat 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  8/2   30w4d

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy!

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantelope

Upcoming Appointments: June 10

How are you feeling?:  OK. pregnant for sure.  When I bend down I get out of breath/light headed like something is being cut off haha.  I was trying to plant marigolds and it took forever because I had to recover between each one. 

Rants/Raves: The long weekend was really great there were a lot of great moments but the hubs and I argued a bit too mainly about repairs/renovations we want to do around the house.  I asked my dad for help and I guess that was not OK.  I am so sick of him saying he will do things, but then there just isn't time for him to do things.  For example, our mailbox has needed absolute replacing for probably a year.  I was so sick of it just not getting done, I had my dad come over yesterday and he had it done within 15 minutes.  We've had the new mailbox for at least two years!  I'm sure the husband was upset but I just can't wait anymore.  My dad also got the garden hose working at the front of the house so I can water the flowers I plant year after year, but just watch die because the hose never gets fixed as promised while we are at the store, buying these flowers, every year. NOT THIS YEAR FLOWERS, I HAVE SAVED YOU! 

Questions: 

GTKY: favourite thing(s) about being pregnant in the summer? flip flops, no coat, pools

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 5, 30 weeks 1 day

Boy/Girl/finding out later? boy

Upcoming Appointments: June 6- ob appt, June 12-high risk doctor appt, June 27-endo doctor about gestational diabetes

How are you feeling?: Feeling good

Rants/Raves: Trying to deal with gestational diabetes 

Questions: 

• mkrelmkrel member
    @hillaryo14 I don't have GD, but I told myself with this and my last pregnancy that if I did, I would just shift my mindset to being happy that my eating habits would be better and I wouldn't gain as much weight.  Sorry you can't partake in all of the treats, but at least there will be a little benefit to it!

@BigBadWolf12 I feel the same way about the summer body, as much as I feel huge, it is nice to have an excuse and not worry about it! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/2  30+3

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Girl

Baby is the size of a(n): Canteloupe

Upcoming Appointments: Today- growth scan and general OB appointment

How are you feeling?: Good! We traveled over the long weekend and I actually held up a lot better than I was anticipating with being busy, a lot of walking, and I didn't really swell up at all on the flights.  

Rants/Raves: My appetite is out of control

Questions: 

GTKY: favourite thing(s) about being pregnant in the summer? The summer is just a happy season for me, I love everything summer (aside from crazy heat) but it is fun to be expecting during my favorite season.  I also love summer bbq foods and salads and will be indulging as I please.  
    8/5 30+1

Girl

Bunch of broccoli 

Upcoming Appointments:
    had one today. It went well and I go back in 2 weeks 

How are you feeling?:
    So tired and my back is killing me 

Rants/Raves: 
    my husband is honestly just on my last nerve. He was supposed to paint the nursery over the long weekend but didn’t. It’s like he’s waiting on me to start taping the room but dude I’m 30 weeks pregnant and miserable can’t you just do it 😩

Questions: 
    any belly band suggestions? I’m gonna try one for this back pain

so far it’s been the baby pool I’ve bought. It’s seriously my happy place. I can relax and even be on my stomach while propped up on the side of the pool.
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @newmamakt taping is the worst part! I did it with my last pregnancy and I was in pain for days. We hired someone to paint this time around and it was money well spent!
  • My 1st baby shower is Saturday.
  • @drewsdarlin enjoy! 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @drewsdarlin enjoy! 
    Thanks. this is one church is having me. then june 23 hubby's cousin is having me one for his family 
    August 2nd, 30 weeks + 5 days

Boy!

Big head of broccoli?

Upcoming Appointments:
    On Monday the 3rd is the start of my bi-weekly appointments. Just a check up for Monday, though.

How are you feeling?:
    More pregnant than before! The feeling came out of nowhere. I haven't been showing at all, and now I'm noticing my upper stomach getting hard. Very winded. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: My husband had bought an old, super heavy, oversized corner oak desk from the 1970's off of his co-worker last summer. It's in an office in our house that we never use. The office is going to be the nursery, as it's the room in the house that makes the most sense and currently gets zero use. He refuses to get rid of the desk. I'm having to strategize a nursery around an awful, huge desk that leaves almost no space for anything else.

Rave: Co-workers pitched in and bought us a gorgeous, way too generous nursery crib. I get emotional when I think about it! But now I'm worried if it will fit around the ugly desk :(

Questions: 
    Nada for now.

Flowy and comfortable summer dresses, for sure! I'm tired of leggings and sweaters. Also, I live in a mountain climate, so I'm thankful that I don't have to be very pregnant on top of worrying about slipping on ice or being snowed in from doctor appointments or the hospital.
  • @flagchic    I don't know if it's my hormones, but a big corner desk in a nursery would be a huge NOPE in my house.  I would say to my husband, you don't have to get rid of it, but it can't stay here so do what you have to do.    I am a  little touchy on the nursery thing though so I might be biased. For me the nursery is my safe haven I hole up in there to nurse/pump/be alone with baby  so it's important it is set up the way I (me, myself, my) want and need it set up.  I really couldn't care less about anyone else's opinions of the space..

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• mkrelmkrel member
    @flagchic I'm with @moon1417 What exactly is his reasoning for keeping the desk? And this is your first baby, right? There is NO WAY I would plan around a giant ugly desk that doesn't get used. 
  • @moon1417 I feel the same way about the nursery. DH's main job is moving heavy stuff where I tell him to. His opinions on set up and organizations need not be spoken. He knows that and follows it unless I ask for his opinion if I get stuck.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• @moon1417 @mkrel @sourlemon Yes, this is the first baby and I am super bummed about how the nursery is turning out. I'm hoping that once we put together the huge, gorgeous crib and get other gifts we get at this weekend's baby shower, he will see the need to clear our the space. He grew up in a Muslim Indian household where nothing is wasted ("Allah's name is on every grain of rice" was the motto), and so he thinks it's wasteful to have spent $100 on a desk to have never used it. I asked if he'd be willing to sell it, since there's literally not a single place in the house it can feasibly go, and he is adamant that it was such a pain to get in the house (doors came off the hinges, it had to be taken apart in several parts and reassembled, etc.) that he doesn't trust anybody to get it out of the house without damaging a bunch of walls and doorways.

Thank you ladies for making me not feel like a diva about this! He's acting like I'm being unreasonable or hormonal about it.... I swear I'm not!
  • becks68becks68 member
    August 5th, 30 weeks + 3 days

Girl

Big head of broccoli

Upcoming Appointments:
    6/3 for bi-weekly checkup

How are you feeling?
    Full is probably the best term, also belly button is starting to look weird... ehh.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: Feeling baby girl kick all the time... it’s awesome!  

Rant: people who talk politics at inopportune times... like my baby shower... umm, auntie-in-law, this is the first time we’ve met, and I don’t really care to hear your political opinions no matter which way lean

Questions: 
    Have we had a thread about getting pets baby ready?  If not, anyone have tips?

not having to buy winter maternity clothes - especially coats; having an entire year to get my body summer ready (or as close to it as possible), and not having to worry about snow storm around delivery time.  
  • Oooo I’d definitely be interested in a getting pets ready for baby thread @becks68

Ive been googling it since we have 2 fur children and I’m a FTM. The tips I remember off the top of my head were play videos of babies crying to get the animals used to the noise and start treating the animals how you will after baby is here so it’s not a total shock. For example if you know you won’t let them do something once baby arrives they shouldn’t be doing it now like going into the nursery etc. 

I’m curious about anyone who’s already gone through this and how first meetings with the pets and babies went and ideas to make it a smoother transition 
  • We had 3 big dogs when we brought home the first two babies. For the first kid, we didn't do much before the birth except obedience training. After the kid was born, DH brought a blanket home from the hospital each evening for the dogs to smell while he gave them lots of treats. 

When we were released from the hospital, we left the dogs in their crates while I got settled in the chair with the baby. Then we leashed them up one by one for the introduction. DH held the leash and they got to smell the kiddo and lick her. Each dog about 5 minutes before going back to the crate and then it was the next dogs turn. 

Over the next few days we let the dogs have their normal routine (not crated much) and just kept an eye on the interaction. All my dogs were pretty good with the kids. They would jump up at the sink during bath time, and lay near the swing or bouncer and be protective. They also cried when the baby cried for a while. 

When kid 1 was born, the youngest dog was 3 and far beyond the puppy phase and the oldest was 8. This time, our youngest dog will be under 2, huge, and totally a puppy still. He's not even allowed to sleep inside anymore because he chews things and jumps on me. So we aren't really sure how that'll go. He's too heavy for me to do obedience training alone and DH is gone for work during the next 2 obedience trainings that we have locally. He's a sweet dog, just big and hyper and id be worried about him accidentally hurting me (after c section) and/or the baby. I'm not worried one bit about him being malicious. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• I am interested in how to get my dog ready for baby too
  • becks68 said:
    August 5th, 30 weeks + 3 days

Girl

Big head of broccoli

Upcoming Appointments:
    6/3 for bi-weekly checkup

How are you feeling?
    Full is probably the best term, also belly button is starting to look weird... ehh.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: Feeling baby girl kick all the time... it’s awesome!  

Rant: people who talk politics at inopportune times... like my baby shower... umm, auntie-in-law, this is the first time we’ve met, and I don’t really care to hear your political opinions no matter which way lean

Questions: 
    Have we had a thread about getting pets baby ready?  If not, anyone have tips?

not having to buy winter maternity clothes - especially coats; having an entire year to get my body summer ready (or as close to it as possible), and not having to worry about snow storm around delivery time.  
    We have same due date.
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @newmamakt We bought a book and went through some basics of reinforcing general good behavior (like listening to us).  It honestly all went out the window once we got baby home.  We had my parents bring a blanket that smelled like our daughter home from the hospital so he could familiarize himself with her smell.  We did know that he like kids and even though he is big, has always been gentle when little ones want to pet him so that helped.  If you aren't sure, I'd bring your dog to places with little ones to see how he/she reacts.
    When we got home from the hospital, I went in and greeted my dog right away alone and pet him then my husband did the same. Then we brought baby in and let him smell her.  From then on (he is 90lbs) we have always just been very careful and supervise all interactions.  He has thankfully never had an issue with her, but I can tell he would get annoyed by how loud she was and would go into other rooms.  He likes her even better now (almost 2) because she gives him food.  She loves to give him hugs and kisses, but again, we always have to keep an eye on them together.  He did come flying around the corner and knock her over once and she smacked her head into the ground, but other than that, we thankfully have had a positive experience.  We also tried to keep up his nightly walk routine when we got back from the hospital, so if we couldn't all go, my husband would take him.