Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your dream job?

Re: Weekly Check-in Group 4 (Jan 25-31) w/o 5/20

• tyrion_tyrion_ member
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD: 1/30, 3w4d (LOL thanks short LP for letting me know so early) 

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy seed 

Upcoming Appointments: Have to call to change my upcoming “irregular cycle” appointment to a “pregnancy visit.” 

How are you feeling?: A little more tired than usual. 

Rants/Raves: none currently. Just happy to be here. 

Questions: none currently. 

GTKY: What is your dream job? To be the inheriting relative of a billionaire so I can just hang out with my family and friends doing fun stuff all day. 

Does that count? 
  • mrs_llamamrs_llama member
    edited May 2019
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  EDD: 1/29  4w

Baby is the size of a(n): Chia seed

Upcoming Appointments: Not until 6/27 which seems so far away now.

How are you feeling?: Emotionally, excited and nervous. Symptom wise: Waves of exhaustion throughout the day which has progressed since last week. Breasts are a bit tender.

Rants/Raves: We have a BBQ at work today and I'm hoping they have some vegetarian options. I'm the only vegetarian so I don't want to be "that person" lol

Questions: None currently

GTKY: What is your dream job? I'm really not sure why, but I've always wanted to be a receptionist. Something like a dentists office or some kind of practice when I'm scheduling their appointments and filling a bowl of candy for people. "Ok, Sandy- see you in 6 months!" lol. I'm the Director of Sales for a very busy Hotel. It can be a lot of revenue management and chasing budgets. While I enjoy what I do, it would be nice to have a job with less pressure. 

edit: typo
  • Loading the player...
  • tyrion_tyrion_ member
    Yay! I‘m not talking to myself anymore. 
  • @tyrion_ yay! A buddy! Is this your first?
  • TuasdadTuasdad member
    EDD: 1/25, 4w4d (vía IVF)

Baby is the size of a(n): Mustard Seed

Upcoming Appointments: June 11th Ultrasound 🤞🏽

How are you feeling?: Great. But I’m the dad, so that’s expected. My wife isn’t on here posting yet, just lurking. She says tired, bloated and irritable. Next 8 months should be a breeze 😬

Rants/Raves: Wife says, coworkers seem to get on my nerves quicker than before I was officially pregnant. 

Questions: From me: What are your partners asking/doing for you this early in the game? What would you wish/want your partner to do right now?
    From wife: anyone else feeling cramps? 

GTKY: What is your dream job?
    Wife: Wedding Planner
    Me: 1st grade teacher 
  • TuasdadTuasdad member
    edited May 2019
    tyrion_ said:
    Yay! I‘m not talking to myself anymore. 
    Love the username. I named my classic Volkswagen Bug, Arya. It was between that and Lord Tyrion. 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/30 4+0

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: 6/25 

How are you feeling?: I have mild cramping with waves of nausea 

Rants/Raves: I loved seeing this on my fertility friend app today. :smile:

Questions: Nothing that I can think of. 

GTKY: What is your dream job? Similar to @tyrion_, something that makes lots of money so I could help family and friends with financial burdens as well donate to charities and not think twice about it.

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 29/ 4wks + 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Upcoming Appointments: I’m calling my GP on Monday for a confirmation appointment. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty level, emotionally. Physically, sore breasts and extreme gas.

Rants/Raves: I want to savor my sleep before I no longer can but my sporadic insomnia makes that very difficult. 

Questions: N\A at the moment. 

GTKY: What is your dream job?: I would have loved to have been a travel writer at some point. 
  • tyrion_tyrion_ member
    @Tuasdad I have a friend that just named her baby Arya. And my last go around in here I used @MotherofDragons as my name 
  • @Tuasdad
    Questions: From me: What are your partners asking/doing for you this early in the game? What would you wish/want your partner to do right now?
    Answer: He downloaded the What To Expect App, inputted my due date, and is very active on it watching videos and reading articles. I think that's cute and I like watching his excitement. He's also started some home projects I have been asking about for a while.
    This will be our first child, and we would like to have two. I *WISH* he would stop bringing up potentially having to get a vasectomy in 6-7 years depending on how things go. I finally told him last night, "Can you just let me be pregnant and you not complain about a weekend long discomfort you MIGHT have in 7 years??" I think he got the point lol.

From wife: anyone else feeling cramps? Yes I have mild cramps on and off
  • @Tuasdad I’m pretty sure my earlier abdominal discomfort was from gas pain but I did start having cramps today- I feel it mostly in my low back. Your wife is not alone. 
  • TuasdadTuasdad member
    @mrs_llama I’m glad I asked. I’ll follow his lead on finally getting to some of those projects around the house. Hopefully he realizes the potential vasectomy should be in the peripheral. And when it’s actually time, tell him not to sweat it. I went back to work next day after vasectomy. But a reversal is a different story. I would take 5 vasectomies in a row over another reversal. 

And thank you and @daydreaminghufflepuff for the cramp answers. I’ll pass it on. This is my wife’s first pregnancy so I can only imagine the questions and curiosities. 

Side note, have any of you thought or planned how you might tell you family? 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 26/4wks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: TBD.  I just found out!

How are you feeling?: Exhausted: but it’s the end of the school year with crazy students. Lol.  Nausea started yesterday, protein helps! 

Rants/Raves: I wanted to have 3 kids DH wanted to stick to 2.  God sided with me!  Rant - not the time of year I wanted.  Either end of school year or beginning for obvious reasons.  But I’m not in control 😊

Questions:  

GTKY: What is your dream job? To continue teaching but also be able to teach new and future teachers.  I love my students but I also love curriculum and Pedagogy and helping others be stronger teachers.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/25/20 5w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple seed

Upcoming Appointments: We just changed insurance a few months ago and somehow misplaced insurance cards so I’ll be tearing the house apart looking for them this week to schedule my first appointment. 

How are you feeling?: Okay. With my last two pregnancies I was super sick (lost 50 and 30 lbs) but was only nauseous and kinda anemic with my first pregnancy and this one seems to be going that way too. I’ve only thrown up while brushing my teeth and seem to have more “morning” sickness and super swollen breasts at night. 

Rants/Raves: Working while pregnant is the worst. This is my first pregnancy that I’ve been employed (was a SAHM for 17 years). Luckily I work at an elementary school so I’ll be off for them summer in 2 weeks, yay! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your dream job? I’d love to be a psychologist. Everyone comes to me for talk therapy anyway, might as well get paid for it, right? Plus, the human psyche fascinates me.  
  • @mommahov13 - FYI you don’t actually need the card. The provider can look you up and verify coverage using the member’s SSN.  :)
  • trauen812trauen812 member
    edited May 2019
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 1/25, so 5w4d today

Baby is the size of a(n): a peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments: first OB appt is 6/17, with ultrasound

How are you feeling?: nausea here and there, tired for sure, DD1 is living the extra mommy snuggles at nap time

Rants/Raves: none so far

Questions: when are you all planning on telling people? So far on DH knows and we are planning to keep it that way for awhile!

GTKY: What is your dream job? I love my job as a nurse but I would prefer to just be a SAHM!
  • @trauen812 Hi! No biggie obviously, but you posted in last week's update thread. I almost did, too!
  • Sorry! Thanks for letting me know!
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28/2020 5+3

Baby is the size of a(n): apple seed

Upcoming Appointments: June 6th for heartbeat!

How are you feeling?: only get nauseous if I take to long to eat

Rants/Raves: Rant - I want weekly ultrasounds without complaint!

Questions: my progesterone levels at 3 weeks 6 days was 48. Do high progesterone levels lead to twins?

GTKY: What is your dream job? Same job I hv now working from home.. medical coding