Pregnant after IF

Winter 19-20 Due Dates

Re: Winter 19-20 Due Dates

• @ittybittybug-2
    @Tulips29
    Congrats on the great scans :-)  Almost missed that in the discussion of people throwing up! lol 

@dukie001
    I think we're all members of the same community whether you're due tomorrow, next year or had your bebe already so it's natural that we like to hang out and support each other. I don't think anyone would mind you hanging out in this thread -- hey, I already had my girl last spring and I still lurk around alot :smiley:

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @k_mama91 I'm  20wks right now, and there is not enough people in 2nd trimester to keep the board going. I joined the Oct BM group, but it is really different since 99% participants had a natural conception and pretty easy TTC time. I think when you struggle with IF for so long, you develop a completely different set of "scares", questions, and attitude overall. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @dukie001
    I had the same experience with my BM board; nice folks, just felt like our perspectives and concerns were very different. I finally found this board in my third tri and was very grateful for it! No one thought I was crazy for still doubting that I would end up with a take-home baby at 32 weeks along, expecting bad news at every appt, etc.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @dukie001 I was wondering how the trimester boards over here worked. I’ve lurked and it seems to be hit or miss. I agree with you and @mbradfo2 about the concerns after if vs natural conception. My bmb has tons of nice ladies and actually several who have had several losses but there is something comforting about talking to a group whose been on the same journey as you have.
  • @mbradfo2 and @k_mama91 I agree, there are nice girls over there at those boards but it is more comfortable to seek support here. I think here we all go through little milestones of our pregnancy: beta test, heartbeat, new ultrasounds, and I notice the same tendency -  we are at ease on the day of the appointment or more after it, but comes another day and we are nervous again. I talked to my mom who had easy pregnancies with me and my sister, and my sister with her two pregnancies and they don't even think about what going through my had. 
    I don't know, maybe I'm just super paranoid. 
  • @dukie001 I am constantly in a state of panic. Did I twist the wrong way, was it ok for me to do this or that, what was that pulling sensation? I’m a mess. 
  • @dukie001 yikes. Well, glad you felt better eventually! I’m noticing that I feel much better after eating so trying to make sure I don’t go too long w/o food. Vanishing twins sounds soooo common w IVF..

agree with the thought that pregnancy for women who’ve gone through infertility is different. So much uncertainty. It took me over a year, 3 IUI cycles, and an IVF cycle to get pregnant once. I then (despite a great initial beta), miscarried super early. A lot of women on here have similar stories- it’s a longer more difficult journey for some women than others. I actually prefer to not have too many tests because all I do is stress over the results.. and there is literally nothing that the doctor can do in the first trimester anyway. 

Im so happy that everyone’s doing great. Hope everyone has a nice long weekend (despite our neuroses, morning sickness, lack thereof..)
  • @tulips29 That's funny! My due date is 1/11 as well, but I transferred the day after you. You might check one thing at your next appointment - my clinic's software subtracts a day for some reason. Last time I was pregnant, I asked because the numbers she gave me were off from my calculation and she mentioned that and said she had to double check which direction it was before confirming my app was correct. So my ultrasounds from Friday say I was 6w5d, but I asked again just to be sure and that doctor confirmed it, too. Yes, I'm feeling more confident now. Also exhausted. I don't know how I'm going to get through the next month or so at work. This weekend I've been sleeping 9-10 hours at night and still conking out for an hour or two when my son naps. Thank goodness he still naps!

@dukie001 Of course you're welcome. It's good to see you. Glad everything is going well!
  • keebs83keebs83 member
    Hi ladies! Hope it’s ok for me to join!

For those that aren’t having symptoms, try not to worry. I had zero symptoms with my first and I also worried. I saw everyone in my infertility group having all these symptoms so I was sure something had to be wrong. Some of us are just “lucky” in that we don’t throw up anytime we look at our plate of food :)

I didn’t spend any time in the IVF boards as we did IUIs. I’m 36 and DH is 40. 

I am super early. 4w2d, due 2/2/20. My initial beta was very very very low so I go back in the morning for another. I was shocked to get a positive beta on Friday. My FRER on Thursday was a very obvious negative. My level was only 5.73 so the nurse wasn’t the happiest person when she called and was brutally honest with me about it all. But, I know the baby implanted late Wednesday/early Thursday as the pain from it woke me up.

I am a high risk because of advanced maternal age 😒😒 and high blood pressure. So I know I’ll be delivering some time in January! My first came at 35 weeks on the nose so I’m hoping this one stays in an extra few weeks and can avoid the NICU. 

Hoping for for an awesome beta tomorrow! I’m excited to join y’all on our journey and look forward to supporting all of you. 

• Hi All! Glad to see new ppl joining our group since I have been on here in last few weeks! I start week 11 tomorrow and have my first obgyn u/s. Super nervous because it’s been about 3 weeks since my last one and today I started seeing unexpected brown spotting which I haven’t had since week 2. I read it’s normal especially for twin pregnancies but just need assurance tomorrow they are both still there and hearts beating. I also read those who underwent ivf are also more prone to spot. Trying not to overthink and hope it’s nothing. @somewhereinnyc I also got on Diclegis two weeks ago due to daily vomiting and struggling to function at work. It made a huge difference and as of last 5 days I’m on full dosage as I think I started to build tolerance. Haven’t vomited since Friday. I’m sorry it’s not helping and hope you find relief as you get closer to 2nd trimester. I think you should talk to your doc to see if they can add in more or different meds. I can’t believe there was a 3rd sac! But at the same time I hope your body clears it which I’m sure it will. Best of luck to everyone getting u/s this week!
  • @somewhereinnyc
    Re - vanishing twin being common in IVF -- my RE said the same thing. I guess it's just because we get so many early scans that the twins are picked up right away, even if one ultimately doesn't develop properly?
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• So today I went in and one baby is doing great- grew a week in a week and has a very strong heartbeat. The other didn’t make it (no longer has a heartbeat and no growth). Third sac is still there. I’ve got such mixed emotions. Sad about the miscarried twin even tho I was somewhat prepared for it. Happy that one of them is doing so well. Nervous about the future. I’m guessing @k_mama91 and @mbradfo2 had these feelings? I’ve got my first OB appt in a week. 

@ellis1983 are you still on progesterone suppositories? Could be from that.. I hope your twins are doing well at your first OB visit 💖

@mbradfo2 I conveyed to my doc that so far I’ve had 3 embryos miscarry out of 4 (I had an early miscarriage first transfer then triplets that are now a singleton). She said that multiples are different and the vanishing might not be due to chromosomal issues but just the high risk nature.
  • @mbradfo2 @somewhereinnyc My RE said the same thing. He said it’s eatimated about 1 in 10 people are actually a surviving twin. 

@ellis1983 good luck today!

@keebs83 welcome. Hoping you get great results on your beta!
  • @ellis1983 I actually did talk to the doc about other options. She said that there’s not so much data on the safety of Zofran and some studies have found adverse fetal effects.. so she said to try to avoid. The nausea/ vomiting is now come and go. I think it will get better as I get to second tri, and also now that I’m dealing w a singleton not 3 as the sacs get resorbed. My friend had twins through IVF and she said she bled her whole pregnancy.. hopefully yours is uneventful from now on but just some reassurance. 
  • keebs83keebs83 member
    @somewhereinnyc I am so glad the baby is doing well. I am sorry about losing the twin. While it can be “expected” I imagine it doesn’t make it any less painful. That’s a whole lot to handle in 11 weeks, you taking time out for you with all the craziness and scans?

vanishing twins are just common in general. My sister’s last pregnancy was a vanishing twin and she doesn’t have any kind of fertility issues. I don’t think they’ll ever fully know how common it is unless they do an actual study on it and start scanning everyone very early in pregnancy. 

I had had my repeat yesterday and the nurse called in shock. My number is now 48 (47.??). So I go back again tomorrow for another. Then I am guessing I will on Monday too. She said it was a really good rise in 4 days. I am doubling every 30 hours. But it is still obviously pretty low. She said we have to be cautious but it looks promising. Yay for another blood draw! My clinic is 3 hours from me so it makes for incredibly long days. I am very excited though to see what tomorrow’s is. 

• mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited May 2019
    @somewhereinnyc
    I had so many complicated emotions about the vanishing twin -- and still do. I felt really guilty at times for being happy that the other twin was doing so well and that we went from a high risk pregnancy to a low risk one -- so the outcome for my baby would be statistically better than if the twin had survived. And I think it adds to your nerves overall for the pregnancy since if one heart can stop, why not the other? -sigh- Like we need more stress, right?

It's so hard to grieve the loss because you are relieved that the other one is OK and I think that's why it feels so complicated. It doesn't feel like a loss in the same way that a m/c does...and yet it is. One thing that helped me was talking to people about the fact that Anne had a vanishing twin -- and it did come up alot because many people asked if we found out the gender from the fetal dna screening and I had to explain that I passed on that screening because of the vanishing twin. And I still do talk about it when people ask questions about my pregnancy. (Everyone had been waiting along with me, you see! I think I made sooo many people cry when I told them the news; they were that happy for us.)

Sometimes I wonder what the twin would have been like -- was it a girl like Anne? Who would it have looked like...etc. 

@keebs83
    Fingers crossed for you! I've heard of low betas turning into successful pregnancies! I think the woman who made the documentary "One More Shot" also had a beta that was super low and she wound up with a healthy girl. 

I also recommend watching that documentary if you haven't!  I think it's on Amazon, Netflix or Hulu...one of those. It made me cry because you can totally relate to everything it describes (and I laughed when she was giving herself her stim shots in the car!). 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 thank you for saying all this. I’m feeling a lot of the same sentiments and emotions. Sad about the loss and relief that it happened early and hopefully I’m low risk now and so nervous about the one little one in there. I had to tell some ppl at work w how my morning sickness was. Everyone’s been so supportive. I’m trying to think of it as that twins were just not meant to be as well as focusing on that one of them is doing great. Both the blighted ovum and miscarried baby who’s heart stopped are still in there on scan. Hoping they resorb quickly but I guess it might be pretty slow. 

@keebs83 alright! 🙌🙌 maybe you ovulated a bit later than they thought w your IUI? It’s not as precise as w IVF. Fx for more skyrocketing numbers!
  • @somewhereinnyc my pregnancy brain has failed me and I totally missed the update about now having a singleton. I am so sorry. The emotions were a roller coaster for me. I had been nervous to have twins. The risks for them and me, how can I juggle both and ds, will I enjoy them as much together vs if they were just one baby. So firstly I was extremely guilty. Those were normal thoughts but I felt that maybe God thought I was ungrateful and was trying to teach me a lesson. Then I went back and forth from sad over the loss to so relieved that one was still growing and healthy. I struggled with the tug of war for a bit before I came to terms and accepted that this just happens and it was nobody’s fault. It definitely has made my anxiety worse moving forward. I hold my breath between appointments. My RE said the remaining baby was not at risk but I still halfway expect to get bad news at each appointment. Take some time for you right now. It’s difficult to try and sort though so many emotions.

• dukie001dukie001 member
    edited May 2019
    Hi everyone! 
    @somewhereinnyc Sorry for your twin. But continue to focus on the positive note that the other twin now have better chances and you are not high risk anymore 💕. When I was told that my twin B is no longer seen on u/s, there is no heartbeat and the sac was partially collapsed, I was in a “bubble”. I didn’t know how to react - of course sad, but not devastated. I and my DH decided to take the news as just news and not bad news.
    By the way, right after that point my bleeding that I had almost every other day stopped. 
    @keebs83 Fingers crossed for your beta! 
    AFM I had OB appointment yesterday. They checked my cervix as I was complaining on very frequent Brackston-Hicks contractions. One day they lasted all day long, several per hour. Of course, as a first timer, I freaked out. But the cervix is still long at 4.05 cm. Also last appointment my placenta was on cervix, but this time it’s moved up, so the doctor said they expect full “migration” in a month. So the baby’s house is good. I have Echo in 2 weeks now. 
  • @somewhereinnyc So sorry to hear about one of your babies. I know it must bring up a lot of mixed emotions. It’s true there can be many reasons for loss besides chromosomal issues as 2/3 of mine have been with PGS-tested embryos.

I had a little scare with some brown spotting on Tuesday so went in for a reassurance scan on Wednesday. All was fine. Baby is right on track, heart rate was great. I still have my last RE scan next Wednesday and then I’m off to the midwives at my freestanding birth center for a hopefully uneventful pregnancy. I’m struggling with extreme fatigue, but my food aversions aren’t horrible this time. I can usually manage to eat something at each meal. 
  • @dukie001
    That's good to hear re: the placenta moving. My sister had a placenta previa and it luckily migrated by the third tri but I remember she had tons of scary bleeding from it. 

@ittybittybug-2
    Congrats on the good scan; sorry about the spotting scare! I spotted my entire 1st tri - brown, pink, a little red -  and it was so scary --- I didn't want to even move from the couch for fear of causing more bleeding/spotting! My RE was giving me weekly scans to 10 weeks anyway since I had a previous MMC so I got alot of reassurance though. The last time I spotted was actually in the bathroom at my OB's office at our first visit at 12 weeks. So he gave me a scan there to reassure me and we got to see the little one doing some dancing  :D 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 I am so glad your RE and OB are giving you frequent scans to help ease worries. It’s definitely great when your care team actually cares about you and what’s to support you. Hard to find in the medical field lately. 

@ittybittybug-2 I am so glad the baby was doing great! I would have had a freak out if I spotted. I’m glad you’re able to eat and hopefully your energy returns soon!

@dukie001 I’m glad your placenta has moved up and hopefully it continues to over the next few weeks! I’m sorry you’re having BH contractions. Those have to be so unnerving!

Had my 3rd beta on Thursday and it still went up but not as quickly. I got to 84, so I would have doubled in about 60 hours at that rate. So still within the time frame. I go for another on Monday. I’m a complete freaking mess. I cried in the target parking lot when they called on Thursday because I didn’t think the number was good enough. Last pregnancy I had two betas, that was it. My first at 14dpo was 80. So we are just now there with this pregnancy, a full 5 days behind. My ovulation timing was spot on. We have MFI issues and use a donor. So we know that IUI day was ovulation and fertilization day, especially with using a trigger shot too. This baby just implanted VERY late. I’m just ready to know which way this is going to go. 
  • jolo1241jolo1241 member
    edited June 2019
    New to this group, been in May FET group. Congratulations and good luck to all of you! 
    Our story: We had FET on Thursday, May 16. One 5 day blast, PGS 5AA. This us our first attempt. 33 and DH is 39. No known problems on the female side, motility, morphology, and low count for DH. Egg retrieval was on March 17th. PGS took us back another month then broke through the Lupron so pushed back again. 7 eggs, with ICSI, 6 fertilized, 3 made it to cryo. 14mm lining at FET. Taking PIO, estrogen patch and 3 pills a day, baby aspirin, blood thinner shot. First beta was 619 at 12dpt5dt. Our second beta was yesterday, 2415 15dpt5dt. After this beta, they added Synthroid to my meds to help control thyroid issue that just showed up this week. We have BW this coming Friday, 6/7 and U/S the following Monday, 6/10. Hoping to graduate to this group and share in your journeys as well!
  • @jolo1241 those are fantastic betas! Those are incredibly fast doubling times. I hope your labs on Friday and scan on Monday go great!
  • @keebs83 try and remain positive! I know it’s easier said than done. FX for a great beta tomorrow!

@jolo1241 welcome! Great betas!

AFM, *TW my spotting started again Thursday and by Friday morning had increased. It’s brown, which is good, but for reassurance before the weekend my OB let me come in. Apparently the 2 small SCH seen on last US were actually free standing blood from the actual source. Another doctor at the practice did that scan and it was an honest mistake. The blood is actually coming from a pocket right beneath baby and caused by the vanishing twins sac End TW* This could go on for several more weeks but I was told I did not need to restrict activity which is good? Idk, I’m feeling so confused. Baby looked great though! My next actual appointment is the 7th and if baby cooperates we’ll learn the gender!
  • @k_mama91 ugh sorry you’re spotting. It’s re-assuring that they found the source and it’s the vanishing twin causing it and not baby! Did they give you an estimate of how long the spotting from the twin will last? Exciting about learning if boy or girl!! How far along will you be? 

@keebs83 the wait is so tough. Sending thoughts and hugs and Fx for a good outcome.. 

@jolo1241 congrats!! I’m also 33 and pregnant w our first after FET. I didn’t do PGS but kinda wish I had for a few reasons. Did they dx you with a clotting disorder and that’s why you’re on a blood thinner?
  • jolo1241jolo1241 member
    edited June 2019
    @somewhereinnyc They did not. Seemed like standard practice.  And we were lucky enough to have insurance that included PGS testing or we probably wouldn't have done it. Very cost prohibitive. 
  • @k_mama91 I hope the spotting has subsided for you by now. I’m glad the baby is still doing well. I also hope they throw modesty out the window and cooperate at your scan! Is it your anatomy scan or just a gender scan?
  • @somewhereinnyc @keebs83 thank you ladies. I’m still spotting full force this morning. They didn’t really say how long it will last, however long it takes to re absorb the other sac? It’s gross and uncomfortable but as long as baby is ok I can suck it up and deal.

I’ll only be 14w1d so this is an early gender scan. I’ll take it with a grain of salt, I go back on 6/28 and we’ll recheck. My poor OB has watched me on This whole journey and I think he feels bad for me and is giving me extra scans to ease my nerves. I figure if this is a boy we’ll definitely know Friday, if we’re told girl we’ll hold off on announcing until the next scan.
  • *TW- my beta didn’t rise at all over the last 4 days. So we are letting my body do it’s thing and then going right into another IUI if they allow it. I don’t know if they make you wait after a loss. I hope it’s ok I continue to follow y’all. And I hope to join y’all again very very soon! *TW

• @keebs83 So sorry to hear that. You're in our thoughts.  I'm glad you've got the spirit to go back into again. Never give up!
  • @keebs83 I’m so sorry and hope you get to your next cycle quickly. My clinic requires HCG <5 to start a cycle after a loss.. i think a lot of clinics have similar rules.. yours might get to that level pretty quick once you get a period. In the meantime, I hope you get to have a drink or three.

Fx for your upcoming IUI 💖 and yes, happy to have you here :-) big creepy internet hugs. 
  • Hi all, I was away for a week and catching up on all the comments now. Sorry if I miss any updates and welcome to the new ladies! 

@keebs83 I'm so sorry for your update. I hope your next cycle comes quickly and you come back! Cheering you on for a successful IUI next go-around! 

@somewhereinnyc I'm so sorry to read your update about one of the twins. I can't imagine how hard and emotional it is to go through all of this. I hope your singleton now remains cozy and continues to grow strong! You're in my thoughts :heart:

@k_mama91 I hope your spotting goes away soon and you can have some peace of mind. It's so hard not to worry every step of this process, so any unwelcome spotting makes it that much harder to feel relaxed and enjoy the pregnancy. 

@ittybittybug-2 sorry about the spotting scare! Hopefully it all went away and your scan today goes well! Yay for being due date buddies! :smile:

AFM - I just had my 8w4d scan today and everything is looking good. My RE discharged me from the clinic :open_mouth: so now I graduate to my OB. I shed a tear as we chatted and I told him I'll miss seeing him so often (especially the frequent scans to calm my nerves). But I'm also glad that things are moving along. I also feel like I'm already showing, even though I know progesterone suppositories make you bloated as well. But I keep hearing that with a 2nd pregnancy you start showing earlier. I'm waiting to hear from the clinic on how much longer they want to keep me on suppositories, but I'm so used to them that I don't mind them at all. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @keebs83 I’m so sorry. It’s great that you’re remaining optimistic for the next cycle, I hope time flies for you! In the meantime do enjoy a drink and relax. FX next cycle is a success!

@Tulips29 Congrats grad! The suppositories also made me super bloated and I felt visibly bigger by about 9 weeks. At 14 there’s no denying I’m growing a baby! I agree, second pregnancy shows quicker than first. 
  • @Tulips29 congrats on RE grad! They told me I could stop progesterone suppositories at 8w3d (at an appt). I guess I didn’t put 2 and 2 together but I think the suppositories def contributed to the bloat like @k_mama91 said!

i had another scan at RE today to calm my nerves and all looks good w baby at 9w and a few days. The blighted ovum sac is somehow still very large and the baby that didn’t make it is getting resorbed. First OB visit on Tuesday!! 
  • Hi All! I’m with @tulips29 as I haven’t been on in a week or two. Exciting to hear everyone’s news! Those still trying do not give up, and congrats to anyone who hit milestones (I.e heartbeats, raising betas, etc)!

AFM- I had my 12 week scan this past Wed. Both babes are doing great! Moving around like little fish! Both are ahead of schedule at 12 weeks 4 days as of Wed (I was technically at 12 weeks 1 day). Heartbeats are strong at 160 and 165. It was incredible to see the contour of their faces and bellies. Looking forward to July 8 scan where they said we should find out genders. Came off PIO and estrogen Thurs. thank goodness. Still staying on Diclegis until I’m not so nauseous. But overall don’t feel bad and my bump finally appeared! 

Best of of luck to everyone with scans/tests coming up! 
  • U/S in the am! 6 weeks +4. Third beta test was Friday and came in at 14,609!
  • @ellis1983 congrats on a great scan! wow, 12 weeks....you're almost out of the first tri! 

@somewhereinnyc when did they discharge you from the clinic? i was discharged last week but sometimes feel nothing so i asked if i can do another scan before i hit the 10 week mark for some reassurance and they officially can't see me anymore. 

ladies who transitioned to an OB, when did they do your first scan? my OB doesn't have machines at his office, he's very old school, so he'll be sending me to another facility. last time around i had more scans because of placenta previa and he told me regular pregnancy only calls for a few scans altogether. just trying to reason if i should go for my last scan with the fertility clinic or let it be and see when the OB tells me to get one (which may mean waiting a few weeks). 

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @ellis1983 yay for a great scan, I’m glad the babies are doing well! 

@jolo1241 I hope your scan goes well, let us know!

@Tulips29 I may not be a good example but I was able to get into my OB within 10 days of my last RE appt. He does scans in office and when I called for my appt I let them know I was on edge from the vanishing twin and told them I wanted a scan asap. Maybe mention the previa and they’ll get you in for a scan a little quicker? I’m currently in the middle of a month long window without a scan and I’m going crazy!
  • @Tulips29

Like @k_mama91  I was coming off a vanishing twin and my OB has the machine in his office, so he offered scans whenever I wanted them (insurance paid for them too!). I got into his office for my first appt two weeks after my last RE appointment and got a scan that day. I would mention the previa and the fact that it's IVF -- just so they know how much you went through just to get to this point. The fact that I had an IVF pregnancy was one of the reasons my doctors were so aggressive in my pre-eclampsia management (one of my doctors actually told me this!)....and is likely why my OB let me get scans whenever :-)  He had also been with me through my first pregnancy and m/c and been my OB/GYN since college so he understood how anxious I was and how important this was to me. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2