September 2019 Moms
Options

Father’s Day

Hey all! I am a first time poster but have been lurking pretty frequently the past few weeks. :smile:

Father’s Day will be here before we know it! Does anyone have plans to do something special for the first time dads-to-be? I am a FTM and for mother’s day, DH got me a small maternity pillow. I love it! Simple, practical, thoughtful. I’d like to do something similar for him but haven’t come up with anything. 

Any ideas? What are your plans? Thanks in advance!

Re: Father’s Day

• Options
    Hi! Welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself to the group, we'd love to get to know you more! These ladies are fabulous. We got really lucky with this BMB. 

An expectant father book or daddy-to-be book might be good. Maybe that, paired with his favorite treat? Or favorite beer / liquor? I won't be getting anything for DH probably until next year though. I'm very excited to see what kind of daddy my husband will be. 
  • Options
    calliahcalliah member
    Welcome! Stick around so we can get to know you! 

I was just barely pregnant at Father’s Day with our first. I think I got a cute onesie. The Dada book by Jimmy Fallon could be a good gift.  

Now I’ve been doing the “dad” pictures with DS holding the letters to dad side by side. Though I slacked in 2017. I plan to include my belly in the A this year. I need to get on that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Target has a 'little skipper' baby outfit. My husband's nickname is skip so I got him a 'skipper' shirt to match (yes we are going with the nautical theme). I would like to get him one of those daddy is my hero books or something he can hold onto forever to remember his first fathers day. He keeps saying he feels kinda left out since I'm obviously always with the baby, who kicks all day at work and stops by the time he gets home :( so I definitely want to do something to make him feel special.
  • Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member
    I got DH this book last year, but unfortunately wasn't able to give it to him. I'm looking forward to giving it to him this year. It is super cute in person. I'll just do this and a card. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1419728229/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2
  • Options
    I'm a FTM too and I'm treating Father's Day kind of like his birthday - letting him pick what or where he wants for dinner, and I got him a small beer cooler for the pool that I know he's had his eye on. Nothing explicitly related to the baby, so I guess I'm not much help!
  • Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions! I like the book idea.

@nightdreamr13 your little skipper outfit sounds perfect - hope he likes it!
  • Options
    I've been MIA this week, and just catching up now. Thanks for the great ideas for the new dad books for fathers day! I just ordered 3 online for my DH!
    Me: 31 │ DH: 30
    Married 05/26/17
    STM; DS 9/14/2019
    EDD 6/13/2022
  • Options
    kdl89kdl89 member
    For MH first fathers day before our daughter was born I got him a bottle of scotch... he likes to have glass of scotch every once in a while to celebrate special events so it was fitting for him. Once baby girl was born he had some friends over and they all had a glass of it to celebrate her arrival.