Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 5/23

bows22bows22 member
edited May 2019 in Trying to Get Pregnant

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Thursday 5/23

• Options
    bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Apparently nothing 

R/R: The results of my rubella titer are posted - the interpretation says I’m not immune. I guess it’s good that it was caught? But I think it means we will be benched for 3 months after I get the booster.  Glad I have the appointment next week to be able to discuss. Ugh. Posting in the dailies seems pointless now but I wanted to whine today 

CS/Q:

• Options
    Good morning ladies! 

Month/Cycle: 5/1AL

CD: 27

WAYDTGKU: BBT and OPK, prenatal vitamins, folic acid 

R/R: end of the school year, blah. In other news, started my next batch of classes for my masters degree! I’m taking an education technology course this semester, kind of excited about that! And we are about to get some morning storms, which are my favorite! 

CS/Q: unless my body is faking me out, I may finally get to see some crosshairs soon! Finally! (I say this now... watch my temp drop again tomorrow 🤦🏼‍♀️)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited May 2019

@bows22 I'm sorry :( Whine away. That's what we're here for!

@ejoseph16 Fingers crossed for crosshairs, but also that the storms aren't as bad as they were in MO overnight.

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: BBT, FF, HIO, PNVs, CBD oil 

R/R: FW is here and I'm hopeful we can HIO at least a few times over the next few days. I'll have to work an earlier shift tonight, which means I probably won't sleep much today, but plan to pass out Friday morning and kick off our 3 day weekend. 

CS/Q: Posted in spoiler 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @MrsVP614 Oh man, home stretch until the long weekend! Hope time flies so you can get rest!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @bows22 Oh noooo. I am so sorry to hear. What is the next step, getting the booster? Could you get a second opinion?
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    I guess I jumped the gun. This is why I’m not a doctor I guess - is this confusing to anyone else? Pic in spoiler

• Options
    *lurking*

@bows22 I would ask for clarity on that. This is the chart I got with my results.
  • Options

@ejoseph16 I hope you get a nice storm. Your technology class sounds great! FX you get a CH.

@MrsVP614 Yay for FW! Sorry about the early shift.

@brookert615 So CB gave you a high before CD 10? That is so weird. I hope packing and shopping goes smoothlyy

Alright, I am heading over to TWW, now.. :)
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    sevennsevenn member
    @bows22 - i agree, that reporting is confusing!  hopefully your doctor can clarify
    @ejoseph16 - fx for CH!
    @MrsVP614 - have funnnn this FW!
    @brookert615 - I'm in the same boat as you with possible whacky ovulation.  at least CD 10 was an XX!

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD:12

WAYDTGKU: OPK, CP, BBT, PNV, soft cups

R/R: i am very confused this cycle.  typically my +OPK is CD 12 or 13 and i have days of EWCM.  i had the +++EWCM, HSO cervix CD 8 which was really early, and the EWCM appears to be gone.  yesterday my OPK was nearly positive but cervix firm and CM sticky.  temp up this AM but i had really poor sleep.  guess time will tell!  i'm away from DH for 36hrs anyway now.  in clearer news i used softcups again yesterday and it went much better, although still was kind of a B to get out  :D

CS/Q: just hoping i can get solid circles next few days so i can actually interpret something.

Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    @bobbyflies2020 CB Advanced gave me a high starting on CD10 but when reading about it - it' says if it will remain "high fertility" until the LH surge when it changes to "peak" and that if you don't get a peak then they're saying ovulation won't occur. So now I'm all sorts of confused lol. Sorry that was long winded!

@sevenn Sorry you're dealing with confusing O!!! Glad the softcups are getting easier for you!!! 
    TW
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Enjoy that ice cream!!!
    TW
  • Options
    @bows22 Sorry for the confusion!  Did they give you an explanation why it's okay to not get the booster?  

@ejoseph16 Wait, so you're not happy about the school year ending?  You might be the only person I know in education who isn't happy about it.  :lol:

@MrsVP614 Happy FW!  And FX for lots of good HIO this weekend!

@brookert615 Have so much fun!!!  FX you get to sleep in tomorrow!  Hopefully you get more clarity on O soon!

@sevenn Yay for softcups being better!  There's definitely a learning curve.  Taking them out is a bit harder when they're in all the way, but that gets easier too.  :)
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    **lurking from TWW**

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! @shamrocandroll

Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom Yes, you are SO MEAN!  How could you???  :lol:  That was probably the most polite anti-Pats discussion I've ever been in.  No worries at all.  I'm from Boston, so I have pretty thick skin most of the time.  I am not personally insulted by your dislike of my football team, so no worries.  :relaxed:   

Also, sorry about you SMEP plans being messed up... but hopefully you guys can have some good makeup-SMEP today instead.  ;)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options

@bows22 what an exciting update! I am useless at reading charts but hopefully that means you’re good?!

@ejoseph16 that’s a good jump! FXed they stay up for you 

@brookert615 that is GREAT timing! 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: just removed my arm implant and started bleeding today. Read TCOYF this weekend and will be temping and OPKs

R/R: relieved CD 1 came so fast, last time I went off BC it took 4 months to get my period again. 

CS/Q: none!

• Options
    omg1108omg1108 member

Month/Cycle: 13/ 4- AL (#2)

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, prenatals, Ovaboost (egg quality enhancing vitamins--CQ10, Myo-inositol, Folate...), progesterone suppositories, raspberry leaf tea, 

R/R: 5 days left of school!!!! I always miss the kiddos over the summer, but man it is like Lord of the Flies over here. And tomorrow is field day :neutral:  As far as this past cycle goes, blah. I talked to the nurse yesterday & she was amazing. I was worried because I started spotting, then bleeding through the progesterone. My understanding was that it was supposed to prevent bleeding. However, she said many people will still get their period as scheduled if not pregnant. She made me feel a ton better; she said that the progesterone is working just like it is supposed to. My cycles are becoming more regular--even if they are only 25-27 days. She said that is totally ok, because my luteal phase is still the appropriate length (phew). She also suggested sex should take place on O day and the three days following. I have gotten so much different information on that. I was really pushing for sex the days leading up to it. This month, I am pushing for the whole damn fertile window...lol. 

CS/Q: Just BBT is erratic, because I don't sleep :(   

@ejoseph16 Good luck with your class! I just renewed my license this year, so I think I am taking a break from classes. I am done with MAED & already have all my blocks of credit pay. I am thinking about a book-study for contact hours though.

--I am logging out & back in for rest of tags....computer is being wonky

• Options
    omg1108omg1108 member
    @MrsVP614 I have never heard of CBD oil for assistance in getting pregnant! I have some at home...tell me more????

@brookert615 . Have a blast on your off-roading adventure! That sounds like a great time.

@shamrocandroll . Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy that ice-cream! What's your flavor?

@kagesstarshroom HIiiiiiii!!!

• Options
    @omg1108 LUCKY!! We still have 18 to go.

Happy birthday @shamrocandroll!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @omg1108 Black raspberry with chocolate sprinkles.  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom Awe thanks! Sorry you didn't SMEP as planned! Great news about some things on your dissertation done! Nice that you made a plan to meet up regularly! Your chart does like them V's for sure lol

@zaslawlz Lol! Thank you! Great job getting started with TCOYF, temping and OPK's! 

@omg1108 Thank you! Yay for being so close to the end of school! Yes, I would totally take advantage of that FW!

TW
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @bows22 here's how my results were shown for rubella:
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @omg1108 Hii! SMEP recommends BD EOD until +OPK, then BD on day of +OPK, the following two days, skip one, and then one more time. That about lines up w/ what the nurse said about HIO post-O (not that a +OPK = O on that day, necessarily.)

@brookert615 um let me see if this will work in a spoiler idk if it will if not, this def. will.
    ETA: it didn't embed, so I am now typing this ETA into the spoiler. 

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! One of my top faves :)! But too funny lol. 
    TW
  • Options
    @bows22 I don't see your numeric result in the screenshot, so I can't weigh in...Those lab value results can be confusing, because, just like @inthewoods23 showed, it gives you all of these different possibilities before saying where you fall. If your result was over .99 and they're manually telling you you're in the clear, then it sounds like you're good! Online medical results are nice in some ways, but definitely cause confusion as well. It never hurts to call and get confirmation from a live person!

@shamrocandroll HBD! Ice cream is the *best* way to celebrate!

@ejoseph16 Love those morning storms!

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: opk, bbt, cm, coq10 

R/R: I'm off work today, just cleaning and relaxing. Also, DH got some really good news yesterday about possible job opportunities, and he's super excited. It's been a bit of a slog for him professionally, and he's been pretty down in the dumps for a while, so its good to see him happy.

CS/Q: I have so many questions about the things I see other people listing that they are doing to improve fertility. I know some of it is diagnosis- specific, but how can I find out about what else I should be doing/taking to help?

• Options
    @shoogapoff So, I read TCOYF first when I was first here, and basically used what I learned from that and FF to TTC then--plus a PNV, which my OB mentioned. I also tried using RLT (red raspberry leaf tea) during WTO bc **TW loss mentioned** I had had a CP. Then, after my MMC, I read a few other books, most helpfully It Starts With the Egg (ISWTE) & a lot of the other things I am listing are ideas I got from that book--and basically, that which I am doing bc of my losses. The only other thing on my list is GFJ (which is grapefruit juice, lol) and I had been drinking that or eating half a grapefruit once a day for months bc I read somewhere it was good for TTC--and I just found out why due to some reading--it's supposed to help increase fertile CM, so I've been putting it on my list so it has a specific use for TTC! I hope this helps explain some of the stuff I've been listing! <3 GL to YH w/ the job opportunities!
  • Options
    @sevenn hopefully you can get some clarity soon. I hate confusing cycles. What’s this soft cup I keep seeing you posting about? The confusion is real right now with me. Lol

@shamrocandroll happy birthday!!! 🎉🎁🎂 I am excited about the end of the school year, I just feel like I talk about school on here a lot. Lol. I actually walked my teammates class back to her today after our last ELA/SS rotation for the school year, and I got behind them and started dancing. They are by far the most challenging class I’ve ever had. So it was nice to say bye to them! 

@kagesstarshroom time for some makeup HIO! Get to it! Hahaha. Glad your work on your dissertation is coming along! 

@omg1108 we are done the 31st as well! Today was our last real “teaching” day, now we get into all the fun but chaotic end of the year stuff! I wish I could be done with classes... I’m so over it at this point. I’ve bee. Full time for 2 years now, year round. I had to get extra endorsements along with my masters, so I’ve been a bit busy! I swear, when I graduate with my masters I’m going to get so bored at night. I may actually get papers graded on time? Nah. Overrated! 
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @ejoseph16 your chart looks great! I bet you O’d!

@MrsVP614 I hope you get to catch up on lots of sleep this weekend! How did the interview go?

@brookert615 have so much fun this weekend!

@sevenn I’m confused by your cycle too! I hope things clear up soon. 

@shamrocandroll happy birthday!!! awesome idea on the ice cream lunch.

@kagesstarshroom I hope the fight is short lived! And that’s great you found a work/study buddy!

@zaslawlz enjoy TCOYF! It was so eye opening for me!

@omg1108 I agree with @kagesstarshroom that maybe your nurse misspoke and meant +OPK day and the 3 days after?

@shoogapoff others are probably going to have better advice for you, but a lot of people recommend the book “it starts with the egg” 

also @anniemarie887 and @inthewoods23 thank you for your lurking help/advice!
  • Options
    sevennsevenn member
    @ejoseph16 so it is a disposable menstrual cup that some people use to help keep semen by the cervix and prevent all that leakage  :wink: it is my first time trying any sort of cup. Kind of strange but makes sense! 
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    omg1108omg1108 member
    @bows22 yes! That is what I meant. Lol. Sorry I wasn't clear. It is very different.  😍
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: diet, opk

R/R:  I am a teacher and we just finished open house, so I’m counting down the last nine days of school !!!

CS/Q: 

Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Options
    @bows22 YAY for not needing a booster!!!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19