kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
edited May 2019 in January 2020 Moms
Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to?

Re: Weekly Check-in Group 3 (Jan 17-24) w/o 5/20

• kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited May 2019
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 22, currently 4w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): grain of salt

Upcoming Appointments: further bloodwork this week

How are you feeling?: most of my symptoms come and go. Nausea started yesterday, boobs hurt when wearing a bra, cramping, fatigue. I also have little desire for food. Nothing is interesting me and I haven’t been that hungry.

Rants/Raves: finally caught up on cleaning and laundry this weekend. I also found ants in house (we aren’t dirty 🙃) so I set up some traps to get rid of them. So far it’s working. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? Definitely hogwarts

edit words
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/18, 5w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple seed

Upcoming Appointments: First U/S 5/29

How are you feeling?: Not sure if this requires a *TW* but I've been having a lot of pgal anxiety the last few days. 
    Symptoms are pretty much the same as last week, some cramping/twinges, boobs are sore, daily headaches. 

Rants/Raves: I think I'm finally getting over this cold. Also I took off this coming Friday so it will be a 4 day weekend, really looking forward to that.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? Star Wars universe!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @hanshotfirst77 I just scheduled my first scan for the 29th as well. I’m kind of freaking out. I totally get the PGAL anxiety. Hopefully we can both relax!
  • @kbrown2385 are ants typically bad where you are? They are horrible here. I worked for a pretty nice hotel and we got sugar ants all the dang time because Texas. 

@hanshotfirst77 yay for finally getting over your cold and a 4 day weekend!

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 23/ 4w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed 

Upcoming Appointments: nothing until June 5 intake appointment 

How are you feeling?: Sore. My whole body is achey. But I’ve been running or walking at least a mile every day and that usually helps loosen up my muscles. 

Rants/Raves: somehow the smell of coffee doesn’t make me gag (yet?) and it’s been so niceness to still be able to stomach my morning cup of coffee!

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? Hogwarts...and the rest of the magical world 
  • @kbrown2385 Yes I am too. Fx so hard for both of us!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @MrsJessS Yes for morning coffee! I couldn't really drink it this past week from being sick. But today I woke up and had a cup and it was sooo good!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 it’s usually the first aversion I have. Like the aisle in the grocery store makes me gag. So this is a major improvement! Naturally my PGAL brain made me POAS again just in case though 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @kbrown2385 - We always get ants in the house in the summer. We have to sweep constantly, and keep the kitchen spotless to get rid of them, and who am I kidding, I don't have that kind of time!

@hanshotfirst77 - Hey! I didn't realize we have the same due date. That PGAL brain is real and the anxiety can be crippling. Hugs!

@MrsJessS - I think the first time I gagged at the smell of coffee last time was around 6 weeks. So sorry to be a debbie downer, but you still have time to develop that aversion! 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 18th / 5w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Pepper kernel

Upcoming Appointments: Hopefully today. Otherwise on Thursday

How are you feeling?: Scared, nauseated, tired, crampy, but mostly scared.

Rants/Raves: Yesterday was my older sister's birthday celebration, and I feel bad because it kinda turned out crap. She wanted to go to the beach, and then have pizza and cake at my house, but DH and another sister's husband worked on a roof all Saturday and did not want to be out in the sun. A back up plan was to go disc golfing in a park, but then I started spotting and wanted to take it easy. So we ended up just playing games, which ended in DH and BIL playing COD, and us watching lol. 

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? Narnia, loved those movies when I was younger.
  • @marebear15 this is further than I’ve gotten before being able to drink it so I’ll yale what I can get hahaha. Sorry your sister’s birthday was a let down. Hopefully they can get you in for an appointment today and all is good!! Definitely praying for you 
  • peppyj9peppyj9 member
    @kbrown2385 yuck, ants! Glad the traps are working. I've recently found 3 carpenter ants on 3 separate occasions in my bathroom. Hoping I don't see more, or I'll have to call the exterminator. Apparently they nest outside and come in to forage for food and tunnel through your wood. 

@hanshotfirst77 yay, 4 day weekends and not being sick!

@MrsJessS glad this baby is letting you enjoy your morning cup.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20, 2020/5 weeks today

Baby is the size of a(n): peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments: Wed, May 22nd

How are you feeling?: anxious, but happy anxious. Did my ritual pg test again this morning and the test line is finally as dark as the control! 

Rants/Raves: First night I slept through without waking up at 2am having to pee so bad. Hoping that annoying side effect is finally gone! 2 weeks of that did not help with the fatigue! 

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? 3rd hand up, Hogwarts got sure!
  • @kbrown2385 my son keeps seeing those tiny sugar ants on our rug & I keep waiting on them to come in full force!! Ive been trying to vacuum daily but I'm sure its coming  :(

@hanshotfirst77 *hugs* this first tri anxiety can be so tough.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20/5w0d

Baby is the size of a(n): Apple Seed

Upcoming Appointments: First ultrasound/appointment is June 26th. So far away!!  :(

How are you feeling?: Nothing major so far! I have metal mouth something serious & some indigestion. Ive been nauseous a few times in the afternoons but nothing too major so far!

Rants/Raves: UGHHHHHH. MH told my mother-in-law about our pregnancy & she randomly shared with my sisters-in-law at church yesterday. I walked in on the conversation & was so pissed. She seemed completely unapologetic & said "Well they are family!!" I said "Well we've waiting a long time to be able to share this & wed like to be the ones to do it." :| We've told our best friends & were planning to tell our moms & no-one else until after our appointment. 

Questions: Any suggestions on alleviating this yuck metallic taste in my mouth?! I switched out of the metal yeti cup for my water & thought that helped but its back in full force this morning.

GTKY: In spoiler for GOT fans that haven't watched the last season. 
    GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to?  Kings Landing pre-Dany

• @marebear15 yay for due date twins!  Big hugs to you too!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• erin_moerin_mo member
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 22 - 4w5d

Baby is the size of a: Poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: June 17th will be my first bloodwork and u/s. Seems like forever away.

How are you feeling?: Good today. Last week I had early pregnancy insomnia (who knew that was a thing??) and was exhausted. I feel a tiny bit tired but pretty much completely normal today. So much that I took a pregnancy test again today JUST to make sure I'm still pregnant. Turns out I am still pregnant.

Rants/Raves: I hate not being able to tell anyone! I have spilled the beans to a few people, but really want to tell my family.
    Food tastes so good or so bad. I had no appetite last week, but definitely had a heightened sense of taste. Either food was the best or inedibly bad.

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? I'm still waiting for my acceptance letter to Hogwarts.
  • erin_moerin_mo member
    Rants/Raves: First night I slept through without waking up at 2am having to pee so bad. Hoping that annoying side effect is finally gone! 2 weeks of that did not help with the fatigue! 
    Yes! I had that all last week. I stopped drinking water/tea after 7 pm because waking up twice per night to pee was rough.
  • @bumptink - I would be livid if my MIL told someone without asking me! This is your pregnancy, and you should be the only one to break that news to anyone, even family.

@erinamoore1 - When are you planning on telling family? I told all my immediate family right away because I'd want their support in case anything happened, but we are waiting to tell the world until I'm 12 weeks.
  • erin_moerin_mo member
    @marebear15 I have told 3 friends. We are seeing my family this weekend and I want to tell my family in person.  Unfortunately we are getting together for a funeral and the entire family will be there, so it is either keep the secret or EVERYONE will know. Kind of scary at 5 weeks, but I am also a very open person and would tell everyone anyway if anything happened. 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed or lavender bud

Upcoming Appointments: my endo appointment on Thursday and my u/s on 6/4!

How are you feeling?: Ready to be done with bloodwork! I'm feeling pretty optimistic about everything which is a huge change from last week.

Rants/Raves: I just had my thyroid labs drawn on Thursday with my betas and I'm going to be annoyed if they try and insist on another round on Thursday.. also, I miss drinking more than one cup of coffee a day..

Questions: 

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? Hogwarts for sure!
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • MollySmMollySm member
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  Jan 20th/5weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Upcoming Appointments:  My first appt isn't until July 2nd 😢  I am not going to be able to make it that long without knowing if baby is growing in there or not.  

How are you feeling?:  Some nausea.  Lots of indigestion/heartburn.  Exhausted. 

Rants/Raves:  There's a stomach bug going through my kids.  My 4 year old was up puking at 10:45 last night, and then up every hour all night with stomach pain.  I am not going to make it.  I need life to slow down a little. 

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to?  Hogwarts! I am glad there is such a large group of us.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @motherof3dragons - I'm so glad that you are feeling more optimistic this week. It's a hard feeling to shake when you think it's not going  to turn out.

@MollySm - Oh no! The stomach bug always hits at the most inopportune time. I hope your little ones are feeling better soon and that you don't catch it!
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/17 5w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: Tired. Hungry. I HAD to have a subway sandwich for dinner. Which I don’t think I’ve eaten since I was last pregnant 3 years ago. And now I’m freaked out over listeria.

Rants/Raves: my husband is out of town for a few days on business and I decided yesterday morning that I was going to get rid of my DD’s pacifiers...and I did it! The pacifier fairy called her and told her that she was going to visit our house and take her pacifiers to give to the babies and in exchange she would bring her a gift. We collected all of her pacis and put them in her Easter basket. Getting DD to sleep last night was rough, she cried for 30 minutes, but this morning she was ecstatic to find her gift and tonight she went to bed no problem. I am over the moon happy!

Questions:  

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to?
    the Wonka Factory. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to the waterfall room 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 18-20; 5 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments: next week

How are you feeling?: okay right now 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? Avonlea 
  • @justbeachy888 what age is your dd? My little girl was 2 in january & I currently anticipate her having a paci on her wedding day as shes a complete addict! I have no idea how to even approach getting her to give it up!
  • @justbeachy888 - Good for you for ditching the pacis! I keep thinking about it, but I'm not quite ready to deal with that drama. I may cut the ends to see if she still likes them.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 01/19/2020 5 weeks + 3 Days

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: 06/12/19 First ultrasound and bloodwork

How are you feeling?: Tired. So so tired. I have some dull cramping. I get really hungry to where my stomach burns but when I eat I feel full after only a couple of bites. I also have to pee a lot

Rants/Raves: My home has not been kept up and I havent been eating the healthiest since I'm so tired. I always feel guilty because I'm overweight and I want this pregnancy to be healthy. Before I found out I was pregnant I had lost 20 pounds but I still have a lot of work to do. Now that Im pregnant Im still working out(lightly) and doing my best to eat healthy but my cravings make it so hard. 

Questions: How do you deal with cravings?

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? Hogwarts!
  • @Mother0fDragons I also have thyroid concerns. How often will you be checked? I'm unsure how diligent I should be about getting my levels checked or if I'm just worrying too much about it. Hoping all goes well at your upcoming appointments!
  • @leprechaunlady she turned 2 in December, so close in age to yours. She used to just use them for sleeping, but over the past few months it turned into all the time at home and in car too. The fairy approach worked well for us- the first night she cried hysterically for 30 minutes but the last 2 nights she gone to sleep no problem. She has only asked for them a few times now. 

@marebear15 I tried to cut the tips last summer and I think it was actually more traumatic for her. That was when we used the wubbanub and I figured she could still play with the doll part but she wasn’t having it.

A friend told me she brought her daughter to Build-a-bear and they put all of the pacis inside of a bear. I thought that was a cute idea. 

I really want them gone with plenty of time before #2 arrives because I knew she’d be stealing baby’s Pacis if she didn’t have a long time to break the habit first. Hopefully she doesn’t still revert when the time comes. 
  • I think you ladies are my group.  I won't know exact dating until my ultrasound in June but by my calculations I am due January 20th.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20th 5+3 .  I went 2 weeks late with my last pregnancy so I am really hoping I baby doesn't overstay it's welcome this time around.

Baby is the size of a(n):  Chocolate Chip

Upcoming Appointments:  Ultrasound June12 (second round of betas tomorrow to check for doubling)

How are you feeling?:  Cottonmouth nausea with constant saliva.  I hate this symptom.

Rants/Raves: My dad told me last night that it looked like I was putting on weight....yah, I'm just fat, it's not the chocolate chip sized fetus inside of me,.

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? A Stephen King town.  They always look so cozy (until bad stuff starts happening). 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: January 18
    5w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): sesame seed

Upcoming Appointments: first appt not until June 20. Couldn’t fit me in any sooner. :(

How are you feeling?: sore breasts, fatigue, cramping, but generally well. 

Rants/Raves: third pregnancy and my youngest is 3. It wasn’t that long ago but I feel like I’ve been out of the baby game so long and everything has changed! Yikes! 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What fictional place would you like to go to? Anywhere with Christian Grey. Lol 😳😍
  • @kbrown2385 Is your bloodwork for betas or something else?

@hanshotfirst77 the worst thing about PGAL is that you know sometimes it's ridiculous and then other times it's totally appropriate. It definitely is an emotional rollercoaster.

@bumptink...your MIL seems a bot extra.  Sorry for that.  It's your news to share, nobody else's

• @justsuzie I was going to ask for more betas but decided against it. My scan is next week so im just waiting it out. How nice of your dad to mention your weight 😬🙄
  • @justsuzie - I went a week late with my daughter, and I can't imagine going 2 weeks late! 
  • @biolprof so I saw my endo this week and he increased my meds and I'm rechecking again in 6 weeks. Depending on how stable your levels are it could be as infrequent as once a trimester. (That's how often I've been checked in my previous pregnancies). They usually do an initial check with your betas if you have a history of hypothyroidism. Good luck to you too!
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mother0f3Dragons Thanks! I was just a diagnosed in Oct and they upped my meds two weeks before I got pregnant and they increased my dose once I got pregnant so I'm a bit of a moving target at the moment. I just saw an Endo and it was reassuring. They said they would rather me be a little hyper than hypo at the moment and confirmed that once we figure it out once a trimester is fine! Good luck!