kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
edited May 2019 in January 2020 Moms
Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination?

Re: Weekly Check-in Group 1 (Jan 1-8) w/o 5/20

• EDD - 8th Jan / 6+5

Baby is the size of - a chocolate chip

Upcoming appointments - nothing this week

Im feeling - tired & queasy but generally ok. Im also so much more anxious this time around for no particular reason.

Rants/Raves - DD had a bug & wasnt allowed into nursery so extremely thankful for my parents taking her from tuesday last week til I could collect her this weekend!

Questions - none atm

My favourite travel destination - I have travelled a lot & every place has something that makes me want to go back. But inparticular, I love NYC & Italy.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: No clue. If this pregnancy is viable it may be around 1/8. I'll keep posting here for this week until I know more.

Upcoming Appointments: Last week I had an ultrasound that showed a baby and a heartbeat, but one about 1 week behind LMP dates. I was not tracking ovulation this cycle, and I have been known to ovulate late (CD 19 or 20) in the past, so all may be fine but I'm having a follow up on Wednesday to learn more. Pretty nervous, but symptoms are strong so that helps me stay positive. I was also able to retrace history and figure out there is a sex date that makes the dating make sense (with a 2 yo in the house it's not a super common occurrence).

How are you feeling?: I feel like absolute crap but am currently considering that a good thing. Lots of gagging and dry heaving, very low smell tolerance, hitting the plain white carbs pretty hard. 

Rants/Raves: First tri sucks. I hate it so much. Give me all of the third tris and their crushing hip pain over this nausea and uncertainty. I really want to try to enjoy this pregnancy but it feels so hard right now.

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination-New Zealand
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Updated to January 5th, 2020- 7W1D
    Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry or M&M 
    Upcoming Appointments: Repeat US Friday 
    How are you feeling?: Scared, nauseous, tired, bloated... looking 4 months pregnant here 
    Rants/Raves: I had an appointment last Friday and we saw a heartbeat. The tech said it was on par for how far along I was (108 BPM @ 6W5D) Well this morning my OB’s office called and said they want to repeat the US because it’s a little low. TW MC- When I had my MMC at 8 weeks the heart rate was only 80 BPM so on Friday I was feeling confident with the number. Now I just feel defeated. I hate the waiting game. End TW 
    Questions: None
    GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination? Love SC! Especially Charleston/Folly beach area 

Pregnancy Ticker

• rae_qrae_q member
    edited May 2019
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/3  6+0

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate seed

Upcoming Appointments: First appointment is scheduled for Wednesday! I'm not really sure if this will be a full-on appointment or a first meeting scenario. This midwife usually doesn't have you come in until closer to the 10th week I believe so I have no idea what to expect. Also the sonographer only comes in on Fridays so I dont think I'll have the ultrasound this week. Of course this all based off what I've read online so I could be completely wrong.

How are you feeling?: Constantly exhausted, but very happy! 

Rants/Raves: We've only known we're pregnant for 2 weeks,  and I've gotten a little crazy with getting prepared already. I wanted to have an idea on the finances so we already have alot of the things we need to buy researched and registered for. Down side is I've been super stressed because I had plans to leave my job already, which is good that we planned it before finding out, but this definitely adds a layer of stress. I've been so tired the last 2 weeks that I'm worried that when I leave and start working for myself (@12 weeks), I won't be able to contribute to the household as much as I want/need to. 

Questions: I have 10,000 questions but nothing that is coming to mind now ;)

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination? I haven't been to too many places, but I really enjoyed the trips I've taken to NYC and NOLA 
  • gabadoogabadoo member
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 5, 7+1

Baby is the size of a(n): M&M

Upcoming Appointments: Next week, normal initial OB visit for labs and US

How are you feeling?: Physically, tired to the bone (especially now that I just shifted to overnights at work this week...hence, this MOTN post). Emotionally, numb...

*TW*
    I don't want to have any feelings regarding this pregnancy until the 2nd tri because things were going so well the last time I was pregnant and I feel like I was lured into a false sense of security. We lost that baby at 13 weeks, so I feel like can't get my hopes up until well past that stage this time around

Rants/Raves: Nada

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination? Love Israel and any ski destination! We're going to Cyprus next month for the first time with my family, so that should be a nice new potentially fave destination
  • jacerujaceru member
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 8th/ 6+6

Baby is the size of a(n): pea

Upcoming Appointments: June 4th for my first appointment. 

How are you feeling?: so sick! nausea is really kicking my butt. Also very tired, last night I layed in bed after work and then went to bed at 8pm. DH was a savior for entertaining, feeding, and putting DD to bed by himself last night. 

Rants/Raves: nothing really. just waiting for my first appointment

Questions: nope

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination? anywhere with a beach!
  • crf4crf4 member
    Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/6 7+0

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday! Really looking forward to it and praying for good news. I’m feeling very anxious this pregnancy. I want to tell our kids but I’m so fearful of the worst. 

How are you feeling?: Uncertain. I go from being in bliss with the news to complete doubt that this will be a viable pregnancy. 

Rants/Raves: I’m gonna rave that I haven’t had any intense symptoms! My energy is fine and no nausea yet. Obvi the flip side of that is it causes me to worry I’m not creating enough hormones. Thursday can’t come soon enough. 

Questions: Any other team green mommas in this group? 

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination? Palm Beach, FL. We lived there for a few years and miss it very much.  
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 4/ 7+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: Not until June 20th right now. I had an ultrasound this past Friday to determine dating since I was breastfeeding and had not had a period yet. I went in thinking I was 5, maybe 6 weeks. I thought surly I couldn't be any further than that or I would have caught on sooner. Baby measure at 6+6. So even more of a surprise than the BFP was. 

How are you feeling?: Nauseous. Nauseous if I eat, if it's been too long since I've eaten, if I try to meal plan. It's great. And exhausted. I have been following my 13 month olds nap schedule and he's convinced he's still 9 months old so....haha 

Rants/Raves: I'm working on rescheduling my appointments right now. As of right now what should be my 10 week appointment is scheduled for June 20th which is 11.5 weeks. Which doesn't bother me too much. I don't think I'll get the usual ultrasound since I needed one earlier for dating. Which is a bummer, but ok. It's just a meeting with the OB coordinator to talk about finances and expectations, etc. Then my first "real" appointment is currently scheduled for July when I will be 14 weeks! It's supposed to be at 12 weeks. I know 2 weeks isn't really a huge deal but **TW** considering I had 2 miscarriages before we got pregnant with my 13 month old **End TW** I want to hear that heartbeat sooner. And 2 weeks is a long time to wait for that. So hopefully they will figure something out and get things scheduled better for my nerves sake!

Questions: Has anyone done a lot of looking into Zika? We have a vacation planned to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in August. Right now they are showing the same as where I live so I'm assuming we are good to go. And we just need to make sure and use lots of bug spray! It's something I'll bring up with my Dr. when I finally get to see her...

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination? I don't know. I loved the Bahamas when we went on our honeymoon, I love when we go to Breckenridge in the winter, I love traveling to my hometown/seeing my family. I'm really bad at picking favorites sometimes!
  • bellebeautibellebeauti member
    edited May 2019
    EDD - 3rd Jan / 7+4

Baby is the size of - Jelly bean
    F
    Upcoming appointments - nothing this week

Im feeling - tired & gassy

Rants/Raves - I had a great first prenatal appt at 7 weeks. I’m so nervous about this pregnancy.

*TW*
    I had a loss in Nov and now I’m so scared all of the time. I joined a pregnancy after loss group and a lot of the posts are pretty sad. I wonder if joining it was actually a good thing.

Questions - none atm

My favourite travel destination - I love the Caribbeans.
  • gabadoogabadoo member
    @crf4, I'm sort of Team Green for now...I will most likely find out the sex of the baby (more because my husband can't stand the secret)...but likely not until later in the 2nd Tri or early 3rd Tri. Maybe I'll have the guts to ask during the AS, we'll see...PGAL stinks and I want to focus on growing a healthy kid, not on any particular sex at this point.

@SeriouslySirius, as for Zika, I'd look up any place that you're travelling on the CDC website to see what the Zika risk currently is. And talk to your OB for sure. As far as I understand, even "higher risk" areas are really slowing down prenatal screening for babies born in those regions because the risk of Zika-related health complications is relatively uncommon. I personally haven't looked into Mexico because I didn't plan any travel there. In general, I've avoided all Zika areas while we have been TTC or babies are still young, just as a precaution.

• @crf4 defs not team green here! Im the type of person who likes to be organised & hates surprises. I’ll find out as soon as I can!
  • I'm same @leprechaunlady. I'm just so eager to know. I like to have that mental picture and feel like it helps me bond with the baby. I think team green is awesome though!

@gabadoo it's nice to hear the Zika scare is slowing down. My first pregnancy was during the summer of 2016 when it was ultimate panic time. I live in New England, my midwife told me not to travel south of Virginia!  :o It also led to a lot of sometimes-hilarious panic clutter on our BMB. I was pretty sure the panic was reduced and we have a trip to FL planned this pregnancy but it's really great to hear that not that many babies have been impacted.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 1st, 8weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: some time next month... I think? Just waiting for the OB to receive todays ultrasound to book an appointment

How are you feeling?: still no big symptoms other than thirsty. Nipples were kind of sore this week.

Rants/Raves: 
    This is all the same day... My dad non-challantly told my uncle over the phone without asking and he didn't see what was wrong with it. Also, my mom walked through the medical clinic hallways very loudly saying "you're having a baby!" Over and over. The medical center is a 5 minute walk from the school where I teach. I was having none of it and raised my voice right then and there. I said "omg, shut up! You are in public and it is nobody's business" I then rushed out without saying a word. Obviously she is upset with me, but like I need a job next year (my contract ends in June) I really dont need anybody finding out. It doesnt help that my fuse is just forever lit right now.

Questions: nah

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination?
    Harry potter world, universal orlando
  • gabadoogabadoo member
    @Xstatic3333, wow, no travel south of Virginia?!?!?  That sounds a little extreme, but in the middle of the Zika panic of 2016, I totally get it. Now, I'd simply just look up the high prevalence areas and what exactly the CDC recommends. I believe they used to talk about avoidance of unprotected sex for 6 months, but now even that's being scaled back to under the 2-3 month mark. Again, always good to be cautious and ask your OB for advice. 
  • Yeah it was definitely extreme @gabadoo but we weren't planning to anyway so I didn't fight it. Everyone was so crazy about it that year. Not worried about going to FL this time around. I'm sure a bunch of you all live there and are doing just fine!

Looks like I'll be happily staying in this group. Ultrasound went well yesterday and my new and official EDD is January 6.
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  1/8/20, 7+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Blueberry or M&M

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my first appointment with ultrasound on Tuesday so my next appointment is at the 12 week mark on June 28th. Eeek! 

How are you feeling?: On and off nauseous, exhausted, moody, HUNGRY!, did I say exhausted already?, and very forgetful

Rants/Raves: No rants right now just happy to be here and praying that this bebe sticks. I'm an older mom so my OB doesn't want me to get too excited yet.  :#

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination? Home sweet home to Louisiana. I live in Florida and head home whenever I can. 
  • @bellebeauti - you and I share some similarities ~ My confirmed EDD is also Jan. 3rd! and TW* I also experienced a loss last November. It was my first pregnancy. *TW

FX for sticky baby dust this time around and wishing health and happiness!!
  • @alicia__e looks like we are due date buddies!

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/1 8w2

Baby is the size of a(n): Pygmy sea horse 

Upcoming Appointments: had my first scan and apt all is well! Next appointment June 19th

How are you feeling?: pretty good just intense nausea at night 

Rants/Raves: so far so good ! 

Questions: not now :)

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination-  Croatia !!! Also I really liked Edinburgh and London  
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6 Jan 20 7w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): jellybean 

Upcoming Appointments: had initial OB appt today. Pap, US, blood work

How are you feeling?: like crap! Metallic taste in my mouth, gagging/ dry heaving, fatigue, nauseous 

Rants/Raves: this still seems surreal to me... I’m scared due to being high risk w/incompetent cervix. Got my MFM referral!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination? Puerto Vallarta Mexico
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/8, 7+4

Baby is the size of a(n): blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: June 4 for first US

How are you feeling?: Not amazing, but not as bad as some. Breasts hurt, exhausted, can't handle smells and nauseous but I've only actually gotten sick 2-3 times. 

Rants/Raves: trying to make myself eat when I'm nauseous because I know it'll help but still the last thing I want to do. Also keeping it a secret and having to come up with new excuses for not drinking. 

Questions: this is my first pregnancy so I have a billion questions and don't know what I'm doing but nothing in particular

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination? We had a DW in Breckenridge, CO so that's always a favorite. Also Isla Mujeres, Mexico. 
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/3/20, 8W2D

Baby is the size of a(n): wild strawberry 

Upcoming Appointments: 6/14 for 2nd OB visit 

How are you feeling?: Super fatigued, nausea comes and goes and increased heartburn. 

Rants/Raves: none this week 

Questions: none this week 

GTKY: What is your favorite travel destination? We love San Francisco!  I’m happy anywhere with an ocean or mountain view and a book.