Infertility

June 2019 IVF

inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
edited April 2019 in Infertility
I figured it was time to get a June IVF board started!

A little about me...
Me: 30, DH: 31
Been trying for #1 since July 2017. Started seeing an RE in October 2018. Everything looks normal on my end, but DH had 1% morphology on his SA. The RE considers us an unexplained case. 3 failed IUIs so far and decided to move to IVF instead of trying a 4th IUI.

Had the IVF consultation with the RE back in March. Started BCP on CD5 of this April for 18 days and will be back on BCP for another 18 days starting on May 8th (delay due to down time at the clinic). No biggie, been nice to have basically a 2 month break. I have an SHG on the 13th and start Lupron the following week. Estimated ER date is June 11th. PGS testing will be done and then a FET in July sometime.

I look forward to going on this journey with everyone!
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: June 2019 IVF

• Hi! I’m here too. I’m 37, SO is 51. His andrology report is great but I’m a Fragile X carrier which has resulted in premature ovarian insufficiency. AMH of .2 😥 were probably doing a minstim approach depending on how I respond. Aiming for egg retrieval on June 1 and if we get any embryos, will be sending for PGD. started estrace last week, won’t be doing anything else for about three weeks. Feeling scared about the injections but trying to maintain a modicum of hope ❤️
  • I start BC tomorrow for 18 days 🙂 I guess there's no turning back after tomorrow!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @lucyb1954 have you ordered/gotten your meds yet? I'm curious how much you approximately had to pay. I just gave them my payment info and will get mine next week 🙂
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • We’re doing a mini stim approach so my meds will likely be a lot cheaper than a full IVF cycle. I think they came out to be $2100. However depending on how I react to stims they may make me take more so I may have to add in some later!
  • @lucyb1954 I believe my clinic follows the same approach to help keep the chances of OHSS down. My AFC during my first US back in November showed 30-some follicles total so I'm possibly at risk for it if my dosages are too high. My clinic hasn't ever mentioned to me that I'm a higher risk for it, but I'm assuming I could be. My meds ended up costing a little over $2300 which was a LOT better than I was expecting it to be.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    Hello ladies, 
     I'm jumping over here from the April IVF board. Some history...

DH and I are both 29.
    Ttc from 2015-2016, 2017-present. 
    ***TW*** In Nov 2017 I discovered I had a blighted ovum at 9 weeks and had a D and C a week later. **end TW**
    Had testing done 2018. MFI low morphology, count etc. Have 1% normal sperm. 
    IVF 1 Jan 2019 failed. Discovered I have granular and poorer quality eggs. 
    IVF 2 April 2019 failed. I did get a very low positive blood test but was considered weak implantation. 

We bought a 3 package for IVF. So June is our last attempt at this clinic (we currently live abroad for a work assignment). After the last IVF the doctor recommended donor embryos. We have decided that is not a route we want to go and are going to try one more time with our own cells. We are working on plan B, C and D for if this round does not work. 
  • @ACAC25 welcome! I hope you find success in June! I lurked both the April and May IVF boards so I read about your heartbreaking news that you had poor implantation 😢❤️ are you not planning on doing any FETs?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    edited May 2019
    @inthewoods23 thank you. We unfortunately dont have the option of a FET as both IVF rounds we only had 2 embryos and transferred them both each time in a fresh transfer. My clinic seems to avoid FET unless necessary or there are extra embryos. My doctor also seems to think that our embryos will not survive a freeze and thaw. 
    Tbh things arent looking great for this next round working, but we are going to try our best. But we are also looking into starting the adoption process (which we will continue regardless of the IVF results) in out home country as well as a free round of IVF there. I am shocked at how well we are handling the news that we may never have biological children. 

I hope everything goes well for you this round and that you will find success in June!
  • @lucyb1954
    @inthewoods23

I have to say, although I am a dirty lurker, that your med costs are so amazingly low!! I easily paid at least twice that....but we also included all the FET meds in the package so that probably added to the cost. What pharmacy are you guys using?  I got mine from Freedom Fertility and SMP Pharmacy (SMP had my PIO since I had to get the special compounded one in ethyl oleate rather than sesame oil and we ended up switching my estrogen patches over there so I only had to call one place to refill). And good luck :smile:

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mbradfo2 my cost is just the IVF meds, meds needed when we do a FET will be at another time. I had to go through freedom pharmacy for coverage per my prescription insurance requirements.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Hi Friends!  I just wanted to introduce myself.  Im looking like I will be a June IVF as well!  Still waiting for my AF from my D&C 3 weeks ago, and then we can begin the process.   I haven't started meds yet and this is my first cycle.  Im definetly anxious, scared, excited, and hopeful all at once.  Ill be saying prayers for each and every one of you that you will have success!  

39 years old   DH 41.  Sperm looks great.  We live in San Diego  
    Me:  ****TW loss mentioned***
    MTHFR Homozygous 677TT (dx 2016)
    hypothyroid
    8/2018           Off birth control
    11/29/2018    CP
    2/10/2019.    CP
    3/8/2019        Saw fertility doctor, AFC 5, labs drawn
    3/14/2019      Pregnant
    4/18/2019      9 week ultrasound  MM , stopped growing at 6 weeks, no HB.  D&C 
    5/2/2019       Return to fertility doctor, labs show AMH 0.27. Diminished Ovarian Reserve
                         1st of 3 Egg retrievals planned tentatively for July
    6/29/2019     started Antagonist Protocol 
    7/12/2019     First egg retrieval, only retrieved one egg and fell apart immediately, poor quality.
    8/7/2019.      Second cycle (follicular antagonist) canceled on day 5 of stims when a very large lead follicle grew out of nowhere.
    11/8/2019.    Second Egg retrieval with Lupron Flare Protocol.  2 eggs retrieved, fertilized with ICSI but no reaction occurred at all.                       Told I will never have my own babies with my eggs.
    12/20/2019    ERA - pre-receptive.  Needed 24 hours more of progesterone
    2/2020          CP
     3/2/2020     Egg donor cycle in Prague at Unica Clinic, 2 AA embryos, 1 transfer, 1 on ice. BFN.  Due to pandemic, we could not return to Prague and will abandon our remaining embryo.
    4/20/2020.  BFP trying on our own! 
    06/04/2020   After HBs at 7 and 9 weeks, MM at 10 weeks 3 days.  D&C, Hemorrhaged out 1 liter of blood from uterine artery rupture during procedure.     Spent 1 night in the hospital with a balloon tamponade in my uterus. Baby was mosaic Trisomy 21.
    8/2020.  Moving forward with Donor Egg cycle at Utah Fertility Center and sharing a cycle with ladypOtter (Gina) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague but couldn't.  
    9/26/2020 Donor retrieval of 26 eggs, 24 mature.  Split cycle so I have 12 eggs with all 12 fertilizing. 6 PGS normal 3 boys, 3 girls
    10/29/2020 Transfer day of  girl donor egg embryo.     BFP! First HCG 92.9. Then inappropriate rise, plateau and falling.  Possibly ectopic pregnancy.  ER visit with diagnosis of "pregnancy location unknown". CP
    1/19/2021 Embryos shipped from Utah to my local clinic, starting prednisone for anti-histamine protocol. 
    2/26/2021 FET girl embryo BFP. Betas 62, 139, 386! HB at 6 weeks, then baby stopped growing at 8 week check up with weak HB measuring 6 weeks 4 days.  MM at 9 weeks. D&C 4/15/21
    7/13/2021 FET boy and girl embryos. First beta 10dp5dt 177, 14dp5dt 1631, 16dp5dt 6809. Pregnant with Identical triplets.  At 9 weeks, Baby C no longer had a heart beat. Identical Twin Girls.   Pregnancy complicated by TRAP Sequence with baby C an Acardiac fetus still receiving blood flow being pumped to it by other girls.  Referred to UCSF at 18 weeks for consultation.  No intervention needed at this time
    2/18/22 After a failed NST, at 34 weeks 1 day, Charlotte born 4lb 4oz and Lily born 4lbs 10 oz.  Our hearts are complete.  Baby girls in NICU to grow and learn to eat.
    History in Spoiler
  • mrsjones91716mrsjones91716 member
    edited May 2019
    Hi everyone, wanted to introduce myself as it seems nice to have other people to go on this journey with. I think some of my background info is in my signature but I also set it up to 'hide always' for triggers so not sure how that works. I'm 34 (staring down my 35th in August though!) husband 39, we've been trying since March of 2017.  Discovered he has low count, motility and morphology due to varicocele which we had surgically repaired in April 2018.  Numbers did not improve though so we proceeded to IVF.  Got offered participation in a study our first round but it was a lower stim protocol (menopur only) and got 2 embryos from that.  Started birth control for this IVF cycle yesterday, first shots scheduled for 5/26. Retrieval tentatively scheduled for 6/9 but I know this can all change.
    *edit: ok I changed my signature to unhide but idk if what I have counts as any triggers
    Me: 35 DH: 40
    TTC #1 since 3/2017
    Dx: MFI
    DH varicocele repair 4/2018
    ER #1: 2/20/19; 7R/7M/7F/1D5B/1D6B (participated in a study so lower med protocol)
    2/25/19: ET #1 BFN
    4/24/19: FET #1 BFN
    ER #2: 6/9/19; 10R/8M/6F/3D5B/3D6B
    2 PGS 'NORMAL' GIRLS, 1 'indeterminate' GIRL
    7/30/19 FET #2 (Transfer #3): BFP??! EDD 4/16/20
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• @mrsjones91716 I take it you're not using Lupron? I'm so curious how you can start the shots after me and have your ER before me! Are you following the same protocol as the first IVF?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • sue2019sue2019 member
    edited May 2019
    Hi ladies. I am on my second round of IVF. I had my retrieval and after genetic testing, we have two very high quality normal eggs. I’ve done 5 IUI rounds (one successful but resulted in chemical pregnancy), and one failed IVF (with a normal high quality PGS egg). Now, I’m not sure what to do this time. My doctor is recommending only one egg transfer, due to high chances of success. We want to give it a try and transfers both eggs. If the issue is receptivity (which could be a possibility) we will lose two eggs, but if it’s not I’ll have to repeat the process again. Please advise- it has been a very long process for us. 
  • Hi all! I am on the schedule for a transfer on June 16th! We had our retrieval in January, successfully froze 3 embryos, had to do a frozen cycle because I had a polyp, did a transfer on April 13th which resulted in a chemical pregnancy, now moving on! I am just ready for the next step. Will be on BCP until the 23rd, ultrasound on the 28th and another on the 8th. Praying for good results for us all!
  • @inthewoods23 my estimated ER is June 11th too! I'm excited we'll both be going through this IVF journey around the same time!
    @lucyb1954 I'm scared about the injections too. People keep telling me they aren't so bad once you get used to them so I'm clinging to that.
    @ACAC25 I'm so sorry to hear about your previous cycles. :(  I hope that this round is successful for you! <3
    @andreamm31 I'm so sorry for your loss. This is my first cycle too so I definitely understand all those emotions together when it comes to IVF.
    @mrsjones91716 Welcome. I think it's great to have other people that we can talk to who are going through the same things. That's great you guys were approved for a study to help with costs.

Hello Ladies! DH and I have been trying for 17 months with two failed IUI's. I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis in July 2017 and since then we have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. We are doing a shared risk program so we paid a flat fee for 6 IVF attempts and this will be our first round. I start bcp today for two weeks and will start injections on the 28th. Estimated ER is somewhere between June 11th - 14th. I'm ordering all my meds either today or tomorrow. I'm so excited but also really nervous. I'm glad we have each other to talk to for support. 
  • @littleredm yay ER buddy!!! The stim's needles aren't even an inch long, it can't be that bad! I'll find out starting on Sunday though 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @inthewoods23 @littleredm and @lucyb1954 dont worry too much about the shots, you get used to them pretty quick. I dont like needles at all and tbh they arent bad. The stick itself usually doesnt hurt coz they are a fine needle, with some I find pinching the skin for the injection helps. Some medication stings when it goes in. I found gonal daily did sting but merapur and inhepar (blood thinner) dont. The inhepar bruises something terrible though. I have about 10 pain free bruises on my belly ranging from yellow to black. I do find that getting someone else to do it is way easier if you dont like needles, my DH is a pro now. First cycle I hax about 12 shots, 2nd cycle I had about 25 shots. I hardly did any shots myself last time coz DH had time off and his parents were visiting but this cycle I'm going to have to do most myself. 

Guesstimating I am going to be around June 15th for ER. Should find out more info at my consult Friday to see what is changing and what the new protocol is.
  • @inthewoods23, I'm so sorry I just saw this!  I guess it doesn't email me a notification when new posts are made.  No, this time I'm not using Lupron.  My first time with the study I did use Lupron but my doctor said they use a different protocol normally.  It does seem a lot faster this time!  I just got all my meds in the mail and I have centrocide and gonal-f which are new to me since I just used lupron and menopur last time so I'm hoping those don't hurt too bad.  Menopur stung to me but manageable. 
    TTC #1 since 3/2017
    ER #1: 2/20/19; 7R/7M/7F/1D5B/1D6B (participated in a study so lower med protocol)
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• @littleredm, it sounds like we are on a similar schedule! I start stims two days before you with a possible ER two days before you as well.  Granted I've only done menopur and lupron so far but lupron is nothing and menopur just stung some.  This sounds so cheesy and is not like me at all but when I thought about what I was doing like all I was willing to go through to get a baby it made me feel super empowered! That's not too say there weren't tears also when I spilled some menopur one time ha.  It's quite a roller coaster.  I think we are doing PGS this time so I guess we won't do a fresh transfer, what about you?
    TTC #1 since 3/2017
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• @mrsjones91716 don't worry about it! I get no notifications from the app, but I'm here so often so it doesn't matter than my phone doesn't notify me.

I heard menopur stings - what does that feel like?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @mrsjones91716 and @inthewoods23 I have used merapur, gonal daily and Cerrotide. This was my experience with the 3 of them. 
    I found merapur mostly ok. some stinging now and again if too close to my previous shot or higher up on my belly. 
    Cetrotide I found stung a little and left a red lump reaction for a few hours.
    Gonal daily I really didnt like. I felt like it stung a lot when it went in and left a nasty red swollen bump for several hours. 

Hopefully they are ok for you guys. 
  • @mrsjones91716 yes it does sound like we're on similar schedules. I just got my meds in the mail today too and it sounds like we're on the same medications. Cetrotide, Menopur, and Gonal. The plan is to do a fresh transfer, we opted out of PGS this time since I'm 31. If this round doesn't work maybe that will change for future rounds.

• ACAC25ACAC25 member
     Update: After lots and lots of discussion and tears DH and I have decided to do a sperm donor for our next (and final) round of IVF. The doctor thinks DH may have a genetic issue causing embryo failure. the doctor thinks that a sperm donor cycle will increase our odds. Currently I am on metformin and BCP and an exercise regime to hopefully help my eggs and implantation. I am having an endometrial scratch on Tuesday and then doing a scan Saturday to see if we are ready to start Gonal Daily. 
  • @ACAC25 Wow I know that must have been such a tough decision. I'm glad you have both agreed on a way forward and I hope that this works for you! Keep us updated on how the endometrial scratch and your scan goes this week. <3
    @inthewoods23 Is today the day that you start your injections? Thinking of you!
  • @ACAC25 what a tough decision! Glad you have a plan to move forward.

@littleredm yes I do start today! My plan was to do the injections around 8:30 every night so we're getting close! I better go watch a video to make sure I do this right!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • kcd11kcd11 member
    Hi ladies! I wanted to introduce myself. I will be starting my first IVF cycle next week. DH and I have been trying for about 14 months. In October, we went to an RE. I was diagnosed with one blocked fallopian tube and DH has MFI. We’ve done 1 iui with injectables and decided to move onto IVF. I’m particularly frightened about the egg retrieval. I’ve never been under anesthesia and while it’s only going to be sedation with propofol and not general anesthesia, I’m still very scared. If you ladies have any words of encouragement, it would be much appreciated. Also, I’ve noticed many people start their cycle with birth control. I asked my RE and she said I will not be starting with bc. I’ll just begin with my regular cycle. Day 3 ultrasound and bloodwork and then gonal f and menopur that night. Do you know the pros for starting with bc? So glad to have people to go through this with.
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    Hi @kcd11 I'm sorry you find yourself here but welcome. This is a great place for support and questions. As far as I am aware the pros of starting with BC is that when AF comes you shed your entire uterine lining so it's a fresh start for the IVF cycle. 
    As for the egg retrieval, I have had 2 now. My first one was kinda sucky because I was a bit overstimulated and my follicles were quite large (several between 20-28mm at day 9 of stims). The procedure went well but before and after for about a week I felt quite uncomfortable. However, my second retrieval was much easier as I was not overstimulated. The procedure went well and I felt almost normal before and after. I had only ever been under anesthetic once before the IVF which was for a D and C. The anesthetic is a strange feeling, you feel fine and then things go a bit blurry then you wake up about 30 mins later feeling a bit groggy. 
    I hope that helps!!
  • Just checking in, just had my baseline appointment for blood work and ultrasound and still deciding on PGS for sure.  I just learned if I do PGS I can't do a fresh transfer (I thought they could rush it but they said no) and the lab is closed June 22-July 7 so if I do PGS I will have to wait til July 7 and if I don't could transfer June 11-14. Basically doing it because I really want a girl - my husband already has a son from his first marriage and I am so girly and love all things girl. Of course they could still come back all boy but I want the chance I guess. It's just more waiting though! Wait wait wait ha.
    @inthewoods23 I hope your injections are going well.  Are you on lupron only right now or have you started menopur, etc? The stinging to me just sort of felt like a small burning feeling going in but honestly nothing I have done so far has been so bad.
    @littleredm That's what my doc recommended as well, under 35 they don't really recommend PGS at first.  I am really only wanting it because I want a girl so badly.
    @kcd11 I actually really liked being put under for ER because I was so nervous going into it and they're putting me on the table and putting legs in stirrups and I'm like omg omg and then I was just asleep and woke up in recovery.  I had an appendectomy when I was 7 and had no problems so I thought I'd be ok.  My mom gets nauseous with it though.  I hope it goes smoothly for you!
    TTC #1 since 3/2017
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• @mrsjones91716 just doing lupron right now! I have US and BW on the 30th to see if I'm ready for stims (menopur and Gonal-F). I clinic always opts for PGS testing and doing a FET to make sure they transfer only good embryos. I'm sure it can save a lot of heartbreak and time.

I believe DH and I have both agreed that we'd want to transfer a boy embryo 1) because my mom's side of the family just had 3 girls added in a span of 1.5 months (1 being my niece), 2) a boy would be the first boy for grandchildren (DH is oldest so no grandkids for ILs yet and my niece is the first grandkid on my side) and 3) he really wants to carry on his name and he's the last boy so it's up to him in that regard.

Some of this is for silly reasons, but reasons nonetheless.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • mrsjones91716mrsjones91716 member
    edited May 2019
    @inthewoods23 yay! Lupron is really not bad, right? I just got the clear to start stims 5/26. First check will be 5/29. Idk if you have already researched PGS and what your clinic policies are but I would be sure to still keep any that come back 'abnormal'.  There is more and more research that sometimes the results can come back abnormal when it would make a perfectly healthy baby just because of the way the cells are taken - like, sometimes the cells they take could be cells that become the placenta and these are ok to be abnormal and also sometimes the cells are 'self-correcting'. Sorry if you already know this!
    Your reasons are not silly!  I get it though, sometimes I feel i have to justify my reasons and I feel like people (especially those not going through IVF like my co-workers etc) are judging me for gender selection but I'm like if I've gone through all this at least let me have something ha!
    TTC #1 since 3/2017
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• @sue2019 I meant to respond to you earlier.  That's so hard!  I lean towards just doing 1 just because in my head I think what if one embryo doesn't take and that affects the chances of the other one? But also I get it, it's so hard all this waiting so you want to try two to make it happen.  Sorry, I'm not much help but just wanted to say I get what you are going through!

TTC #1 since 3/2017
    9/16/19 MMC
    9/18/19 D&C

• @mrsjones91716 my clinic did mention low and high mosaic so they do sometimes keep the abnormal embryos depending on mosaic level. As long as that's less than 40% (if I remember right) they'll keep it or try to use it.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • sue2019sue2019 member
    @mrsjones91716 thank you! I really appreciate taking time to give me your opinion! It’s been a very difficult process, and having support makes it better. Good luck to you as well!
  • I'll try to remember to ask my RE at some point, but does anyone know if there are any workout restrictions when using stims? If all is good I start the menopur and gonal-f next week on Friday and that also happens to be the day Relay for Life is that I'm doing. Is it a problem if I plan on walking for 10+ hours right after taking my first shots of those?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • ACAC25ACAC25 member
    @inthewoods23 the only restrictions I've had have been about after 6-9 days if stims and that's no sexual activity, no lifting more than 10kg, no excessive exercise, no twisting exercises  or exercises that compress the abdomen. I was told that walking and hiking would be fine at any point during stims.  Good luck at the relay for life!
  • I ordered meds through WinFertilityRX....they were $1200 cheaper than 4 other pharmacies.
    Me: 36     DH: 37
    TTC #1 since 2017
    Dx: MFI + Mild PCOS (AMH 6.9)

IVF Journey:
    ER #1: 6/18/19; 15R/11M/9F/6 FROZEN 👶🏼 un-tested
    FET 1: 8/01/19, Beta 8/14 = 9...Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)
    FET 2: 12/19/19...Negative Beta 12/30 (transferred 1)

Changed Clinics
    FET 3: 3/9/20, Beta #1, 37, Beta #2, 26, Beta #3 51 - Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)

ER #2: 6/2/2020; 31R/26M/18F/13 sent for PGS Testing
    6 PGS Normal Embryos - 3 girls👶🏼 + 3 boys👶🏼
    FET 4: 7/30/20, Beta 1:66    Beta 2: 110...Ectopic pregnancy @ 6 weeks with Male (transferred 1)
    FET 5: 11/18/20, Beta 1: 97 Beta 2: 384 Beta 3: 1010....Miscarriage @ 7 weeks with Female (transferred 1)
    FET 6: 3/9/21 - Canceled due to poor lining response
    FET 6.5: 7/28/21 - Beta 1: 21.5  Beta 2: 31.4   Beta 3:  28 - Chemical pregnancy, Female (transferred 1)
    FET 7: 12/8/21 - Beta 1: 9   Beta 2:        - Chemical pregnancy, Male+? (transferred 2)
  • Hi all, 
    My name is Ashley. My husband Andrew and I have been TTC since July 2017 and have decided that IVF is the road we want to take. 
    Question for everyone - I just ordered my meds and have my baseline appt on June 6...When do you usually start the STIMS?
    Me: 36     DH: 37
    TTC #1 since 2017
    Dx: MFI + Mild PCOS (AMH 6.9)

IVF Journey:
    ER #1: 6/18/19; 15R/11M/9F/6 FROZEN 👶🏼 un-tested
    FET 1: 8/01/19, Beta 8/14 = 9...Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)
    FET 2: 12/19/19...Negative Beta 12/30 (transferred 1)

Changed Clinics
    FET 3: 3/9/20, Beta #1, 37, Beta #2, 26, Beta #3 51 - Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)

ER #2: 6/2/2020; 31R/26M/18F/13 sent for PGS Testing
    6 PGS Normal Embryos - 3 girls👶🏼 + 3 boys👶🏼
    FET 4: 7/30/20, Beta 1:66    Beta 2: 110...Ectopic pregnancy @ 6 weeks with Male (transferred 1)
    FET 5: 11/18/20, Beta 1: 97 Beta 2: 384 Beta 3: 1010....Miscarriage @ 7 weeks with Female (transferred 1)
    FET 6: 3/9/21 - Canceled due to poor lining response
    FET 6.5: 7/28/21 - Beta 1: 21.5  Beta 2: 31.4   Beta 3:  28 - Chemical pregnancy, Female (transferred 1)
    FET 7: 12/8/21 - Beta 1: 9   Beta 2:        - Chemical pregnancy, Male+? (transferred 2)
  • @covergirl2985 everyone's protocol is a little different. I've been injecting lupron since Sunday and have an US and BW next week Thursday. Pending those results I start the stims (menopur and Gonal-F) the follow day, Friday. Then I'm going in the follow week on M-W-F for repeat US and BW to check if dosage needs to change. In the week after that (est. the 11th) is my ER.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Yup it all depends on the issue. I have DOR plus am a carrier for Fragile X syndrome so will be sending hopefully some embryos off for biopsy and PGD. I have been on estrace for about a month and started menopur shots this morning. Shots were not as bad as I thought they were going to be at least!!! If you ice the area a bit beforehand and apply a little heat after it’s really not anything