Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 5/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: WTO Tuesday 5/21

• bows22bows22 member

Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: EOD and tracking CM

R/R: The NP I saw at my appointment yesterday wants me to get a rubella titer to see if I’m still immune. Going to try to get that taken care of today so the results are in before I have to go back for the pap next week. Trying to make something productive come out of the frustration of having to go back. Also, AF makes me so tired and I’m struggling this morning 😴 

CS/Q:

• Month/Cycle: 5/1 AL

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: BBT and OPK, CM, folic acid, prenatal vitamins

R/R: I’m being the mean 3rd grade teacher and giving an end of the year test today. I mean, is it wrong to want the kids to just be quiet for a day? 

CS/Q: I’m thinking I O’d, but waiting for FF to confirm. Finally. Ugh. 

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, CM, pre seed, PNV, HIO 2/3 days. 

R/R: It was finally warm yesterday but it rained off and on all day. Oh well I at least enjoyed wearing my shorts! Have my fitting for my bridesmaids dress today to get it hemmed. Unfortunately David’s Bridal said the style I wanted (bride let us pick) wouldn’t be in by the wedding but the extra length one would. I’m pretty short (5’2”) so I was going to need it hemmed anyways but it looks pretty ridiculous right now 🤣

CS/Q: When do you move over to TWW if you aren’t temping? I have a dashed line saying my OPK indicated O was yesterday but I see a lot of people wait for their crosshairs which I won’t get without temping. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• varimamavarimama member
    edited May 2019
    @bows22 did she say why she wants you to get a titers? At least there’s some added benefit to going back, though now I feel like blood tests are posted online. Still if it’s one you aren’t familiar with it might not make sense without a dr. 

@ejoseph16 good luck with your test and FX you get your crosshairs soon. I found a meme for all the teachers on here yesterday and thought I saved it but I can’t find it. I don’t envy teachers at the end of the year 

edited bc its early and words are a struggle 
    EDD 11/24/23

• @bows22 Sorry that AF is bringing you down :(
    @ejoseph16 I think any sane person would love for a room of third graders to be quiet. Ha!
    @varimama I feel you on the short girl problems! Also, sounds like you can move to TWW. It's at your discretion. 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: BBT, FF, HIO, PNVs, CBD oil

R/R: I have a job interview today. I doubt I will leave my current job, but I'm exploring my options.

CS/Q: Nothing to see yet 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @varimama if your OPK says you did, I would move over. Do you chart at all? I started charting in January and haven’t looked back since! 

@MrsVP614 good luck with your interview! Keeping your options open is always good. I still look at job postings for teachers even though I’m happy where I am. You never know what connections you may make! 
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited May 2019
    @ejoseph16 enjoy the quiet during testing time! how many school days left?

@varimama I move over to TWW once I don’t have any more EWCM. Edit - But I’m not doing OPKs so I think you’re good to go. GL! She didn’t say why she wanted me to get the titer except that I would need to get an MMR vaccine if I’m not longer immune. And if I get it I’ll be benched for 3 months. Hopefully that’s not an issue but at least I’ll either get the confirmation from her that it’s not, or if it is we can discuss next steps right away. 

@MrsVP614 oh good luck with the interview!
  • edited May 2019
    Thinking of all of the other teachers on here. This time of year is so crazy.

Also thinking of Mr. brooker on his birthday 😂

@MrsVP614 Good luck today!

@bows22 WTG managing these appointments. You are killing it.

@varimama Shorts weather is so nice!!!! Good job getting your dress hemmed!!!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: OPK, EOD

R/R: I have been watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Black Comedy) while I do the elliptical. It is addicting and 5 seasons, which bodes well for my fitness goals for the next couple of weeks.

Our plans to go to the museum were cancelled today and I have the rare evening off from teaching so plan on having a chill day.

CS/Q: Nada
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • @bobbyflies2020 Enjoy your chill day!

@MrsVP614 I hope the interview goes well, even if you wind up staying where you are.

@varimama You can move over to TWW whenever you feel like you're done waiting to ovulate! Some of us wait for CH & others move over. I think it's more of a matter of how confident we are that we O'd/not?

@bows22 Get some R&R if you can--AF is a beast.

@ejoseph16 lollll enjoy the quiet!

Month/Cycle: 8/4AL

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: PNV, FF, BBT, CM, RLT, GFJ, coq10, vitc, vitd, SMEP! OPKS, HIO

R/R: I have a meeting this morning at school, then I'm finalllly going grocery shopping to the good grocery store near campus (we live in a small town & not quite in a food desert, but in terms of how I want to eat [bpa-free, organic, etc.] I often can't find what I'm looking for at any of the four smaller grocery stores near my house), THEN my friend has a reading at a small bookstore later back in town, so I will likely go to that. It's really good for me to have packed days these days since I am bad at motivating myself unless there is structured time in my life, and I have a hard time convincing myself time is structured when I'm the one making the structures.

CS/Q: valley, plateau

• Month/Cycle: 14/14

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, OPK, Ubiquinol

R/R: I had such a productive day yesterday. I went home for lunch and got all the plants outside situated, did 2 loads of laundry, started dinner in the slow cooker. Then I went to the gym and ran for 30 mins + lifted weights. Cooked dinner (Skinny Taste Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls) and it was my best batch ever. I hope this motivation lasts all week!

CS/Q: 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @bows22 So sorry to hear you're struggling today! 

@ejoseph16 Too funny! Don't blame you! 

@varimama From previous experience - even the normal length dresses at David's Bridal will need hemmed! I had a couple tall bridesmaids that got the normal length and even they needed to get them tailored! I agree with PP about moving over. Sometimes I wait for CH's but if I'm without a doubt certain when I O'ed I move over to TWW.

@MrsVP614 Good luck at your interview! It's always good to get that experience of interviewing in regardless!

@bobbyflies2020 Hope you enjoy your relaxing day! I need to check out that show! 

@kagesstarshroom Oh! Enjoy the grocery shopping trip and at your friend's reading! 

@rikiteacup That's great you were so productive yesterday! You're a rockstar! Those buffalo chicken eggrolls sound divine! 

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: Metformin (for PCOS), Armour Thyroid (for Hashimoto's), PNVs, Vitamins B Complex, C, D, Kelp, Calcium, OPKs, Temping, FighterDiet, Vitex, RLT, FD Fight or Flight, CBD Oil

R/R: Had fun last night for DH's birthday. We did SO BAD during the trivia. I had some answers that were just close but there were so many good but hard questions. There were these guys next to us that were super annoying and just cocky about how much they knew because they read all of the comics. DH kept trying to talk to them and I'm like "STOP they're jagoffs, babe!". I got stuffed mushrooms and they were absolutely amazing! We are taking the pup to get her booster shots tonight and then starting to pack for our off-roading trip! 

CS/Q:

TW
  • @bows22 is the rubella shot affecting the pap results?

@ejoseph16 my guess is that it will take a few more temps before FF confirms. Your current temps need to be higher that the last X temps (forgot the exact number, 10 maybe?).

@varimama the thing is that if you don't temp, O day is just a guess. And keep in mind that other signs are only telling you O might happen. You can have EWCM or + OPK and not O or O days later. At this point you're going to have to guess the most likely date and move to the TWW. If this is the 1st cycle you're using FF, it might not have enough data and won't give you CH.

@MrsVP614 good luck at your interview!

@bobbyflies2020 watching TV shows while working out was my biggest motivation. I would stay on the elliptical for 50 mins. 6 days/week. I was in the best shape of my life.
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• *lurking*

@bows22  @varimama rubella titer is a normal part of my practice's "preconception" visit/convo - it is a form of measles and with all the outbreaks a bigger concern than a few years ago. I was born in the 80s to I had the MMR vaccine and a booster... which typically means the antibody is still in my system. **TW when you get pregnant they should check for the titer in your initial mountain of bloodwork. If you don't have the antibody and get pregnant you can't get re-vaccinated until after giving birth because its a live virus. **end TW

• @rikiteacup YES- haha! I am the same way. WTG on your day yesterday. I am sorry last week was so hard. ❤
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited May 2019
    @rikiteacup no she wouldn’t do the pap because of AF and the rubella thing was a separate convo, but since I have to go back for the pap I’ll be able to hopefully confirm that the rubella thing is OK at the same time. 

@anniemarie887 thanks for the info! what kind of surprised me about it is that I had the titer 2 years ago and was fine, but that makes sense that the outbreaks would be the reason that she would want me to update. I didn’t know that rubella was a form of measles until I was googling this morning to see if I could eat or if I had to fast - ha

Edit - I was also born in the (early) 80s and am pretty sure I got a booster when I went to college so hopefully I’m still OK 
  • *lurking*
    @varimama I will never understand retail and how something of a different length can take longer to arrive. For my friend's wedding one of her bridesmaids is out of state so us other 2 bridesmaids went dress shopping and the bride then gave the dress designer name to the 3rd bridesmaid for her to go shopping at a store near her for a dress. I ordered mine sometime mid-April and it is expected to arrive in June. The out of state bridesmaid ordered her dress, maybe a little after I did, and her dress isn't coming until early September. What??? Makes no sense!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • sevennsevenn member
    sorry for the lack of tags, mobile bumping, will try to return!

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: OPK, PNV, BBT, CP, gonna stick with the soft cups

R/R: DH can struggle with HIO 2 days in a row, but we really need to today and tomorrow as I’m gone CD 12. Hoping we can make it happen. I am going to commit to the softcups and will see if I can get a better fit next time. I’ve been super crampy since so I’m hoping it means it will be a good O!

CS/Q: boring boring 
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited May 2019
    @bows22 Welcome! I’m sure you’re fine, I think they’re just on edge with it, same like zika. 

Edit (adding words to make sense)
  • @rikiteacup Yeah for that productivity! The full moon this weekend was super heavy--now that that weight has been lifted, I am hoping we all can feel more motivated!

@brookert615 lol at the jerky nerds at trivia. (I am some sort of nerd, so I hope you're not offended by that term--if you're really into something not mainstream, you're a damn nerd and that's just that.) Anyway, I hate being bad at stuff unless I'm like REALLY bad so that's funny that yall were super bad at the trivia--that you had fun is more important!

@varimama I'll add a second to riki here, too--temping = the only SOLID way to "know" O & also the amount of data FF has = important as well. GL this cycle though.

@sevenn GL w/ the BD! Have funnnn. 

• @kagesstarshroom Lol totally not offended. It was funny because we are like well known at this place so they were like "BROOKE AND BROOKE'S DH!!! YOU PLAYING TRIVIA?" and we were like "YEAH WE ARE TOTAL MARVEL DORKS!" and then we did so bad LOL. So then while those weirdos were talking to DH the one was like "well I better win because this is what I do for a living, I've watched the movies over 100 times, BLAH BLAH". I told DH later that we must be cool because we definitely DO NOT fit into his category of being a dork LOL.
    TW
  • bows22bows22 member
    @bobbyflies2020 I had my best workouts when there was a new season of fuller house haha - enjoy your chill day!

@kagesstarshroom I’m the same about needing things to do to stay motivated! but it seems like you are doing great 

@rikiteacup we love skinny taste recipes but I don’t think we have tried that one - we will have to for sure 

@brookert615 I’m glad you guys had fun last night even though you didn’t do great and having good food is an even bigger bonus!

@sevenn I always think super crampy means a good O too! 
  • varimamavarimama member
    edited May 2019
    @MrsVP614 good luck at your interview!

@bobbyflies2020 enjoy your chill day!

@kagesstarshroom I like packed days too! I just don’t know what to do with myself on days where nothing is going on.

@rikiteacup those egg rolls sound so good!

@brookert615 glad you had fun at trivia even if you did bad, sometimes it’s more fun that way because you can laugh at yourself and not take the game too serious.

@inthewoods23 seriously David’s Bridal timing makes no sense. The dress I wanted wouldn’t be in until after the wedding but the long was supposed to get here in June like a week before the wedding so I ordered it. Then it came in over a month early... like I bet the normal length would have been fine too but I obviously wasn’t going to risk it.

@sevenn good luck with BD!

Edited for formatting 
    EDD 11/24/23

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @brookert615 *chants* show us the shirts! show us the shirts! 
  • Thank you guys for your input on when to move over to TWW. I still have EWCM today so I think I’ll wait a day or so since O is really a guess for me without temps! Gonna try to convince DH to give it another go tonight even though yesterday I told him he was off the hook for a bit lol
    EDD 11/24/23

• @b_1029 Our group kept changing their minds so I had fun with one of my favorite fonts for the back, it is the font that was inspired by story books way back when and there's multiple variations of each glyph! Nothing crazy, like it was supposed to be though! lol

Here's the back of the shirt and then the next pic is the front!

TW
  • So... my nice quiet planned day turned crazy. Our city lost power for a solid 2 1/2 hours. My students used flashlights to take their tests, lunch got moved back... not a great day. WHY, with 7 days of school left, could we not just cancel school and send the kids home? 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

@bows22 seven days. Seven. Days. I wish we were done tomorrow. This is when the teachers are actually more antsy than the students. However, I really only have 3 more teaching days left. Lots of fun days coming up that will hopefully keep the students busy enough. 

@bobbyflies2020 I hope your chill day stayed chill! 

@rikiteacup I wish I had your motivation to exercise! I miss running, but the end of the school year has me loving naps after school more. I’m definitely thinking my crosshairs won’t appear for a few more days if at all. My temps have been so wonky, I’m sure it’ll be a while.